PDA

View Full Version : William Gay is up to 198 pounds, 15 more than last year's playing weight.

Fire Haley
08-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Gay has worked hard in offseason

By F. Dale Lolley, Staff writer

Gay admits he spent more time during this offseason getting ready for the rigors ahead of him than ever before.

"I am bigger," said Gay, who is expected to replace Bryant McFadden at cornerback opposite Ike Taylor in the Steelers' starting lineup.

"Ike told me it would happen as I got older. I'd start putting on more natural weight. But I've been working out, eating right. I guess I'm not eating McDonald's and stuff like that any more. I'm actually watching what I put in my body and I'm eating good food. I'd never done that before."

Gay hopes his extra 15 pounds - up from 183 - will help him hold up against some of the bigger receivers he'll defend.

"I don't want to put on the wrong kind of weight," Gay said. "And if it slowed me down at all, I'd drop back down. There are too many fast receivers in this league. But it doesn't seem to be slowing me down."

http://www.observer-reporter.com/OR/Story/07-31-Steelers-William-Gay

-------------------------------------------

Just stay healthy dude.

mmalone
08-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Deshea Townsend is sitting a bit to start, Gay should get plenty of time on the field....

mulldog24
08-01-2009, 09:38 AM
I think Gay will make a solid cb for us I just hope that if he does well that he is with us for the long haul.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-01-2009, 11:11 AM
That is a good sign that he isnt losing any speed and putting on the lbs.

I cant wait to see Keenan Lewis do that over the next couple years. Lewis is gonna push Gay for that job next season.

bradness113
08-01-2009, 12:16 PM
Gay will have a stellar season. And I have a feeling Keenan Lewis will shine too. He's a big physical corner, who will challenge Deshea for some serious time on the field. We got some GREAT depth in the secondary.

WWIIOwheelz
08-01-2009, 12:50 PM
As hard as the kid hit at 183, he might hurt somebody at almost 200 lbs.

He's quick to say that it hasn't slowed him down at all, but I want to see that for myself. His conditioning needs to improve to carry around that extra weight also.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-01-2009, 03:24 PM
He must be the only person who gain weight when he STOPS eating McDonalds.

SteelersTilIDie
08-01-2009, 03:34 PM
nice i have a really good feeling about him

X-Terminator
08-01-2009, 04:48 PM
He must be the only person who gain weight when he STOPS eating McDonalds.

Mass gainer supplements? I'm sure that's what he's been taking to gain healthy weight without eating Angus Third Pounders.

Galax Steeler
08-02-2009, 07:46 AM
Just as long as the extra weight will not hurt his play I am fine with it.

Texasteel
08-02-2009, 08:31 AM
If I have to pick between the big fast guy, and the smaller fast guy, I'll normally take the big fast guy.