PDA

View Full Version : Mike Shanahan was in Latrobe

solardave
08-01-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm starting a rumor.They are going to fire Arians and hire Mike as the new OC.
Looks like number 7 to me. Just seems fitting that the man who coached Elway ( Ben's idol) should coach Ben.

devilsdancefloor
08-01-2009, 05:33 PM
you should twitter that...:coffee:

stillers4me
08-01-2009, 05:39 PM
They're going to fire Arians and hire Shanahan as OC. :stirthepot:

Psyychoward86
08-01-2009, 10:38 PM
They're going to fire Arians and hire Shanahan as OC. :stirthepot:

The plot thickens!

BlockMonsta
08-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Arians is a joke. I miss having a trick play once in a while. We did what? One flea flicker this season and thats it?

43Hitman
08-01-2009, 10:44 PM
you should twitter that...:coffee:
+1:chuckle:

FourThreeMafia
08-01-2009, 11:22 PM
No chance. Shanahan is also visiting New England and Indy. From what I hear, he is trying to improve at building a team and drafting because he plans on coaching again next year and he wants to learn from the best.

Although its really stupid if they actually tell him anything useful.

steeltheone
08-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Mike S will be a head Coach next year!

KeiselPower99
08-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Shanahan in Dallas. Take it to the bank

WWIIOwheelz
08-03-2009, 12:10 AM
I always had a lot of respect for Shanahan. He ran a very tight ship in Denver.

CantStop85
08-03-2009, 03:24 AM
Breaking news on twitter:
Steelers have fired offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, opting to replace him with former Broncos' head coach Mike Shanahan. Upon hearing the news, retired QB John Elway said he was contemplating a return to the NFL.

:chuckle:

mmalone
08-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Arians is a joke. I miss having a trick play once in a while. We did what? One flea flicker this season and thats it?

No. No. No.

Our offensive line cant play....
Ben cant release the ball fast enough to pull off counter blitz plays.
Our receivers cant catch short passes over the middle.
Limas dropped a long pass....
Parker was hurt...
ben cant pull off any deceptive offensive plays..
were not good enough to make the flickers, reverses, deceptive plays....

if arians only had better players it would work.
its not Arians kindergarten play calling...
we love him...
:hug:

steelballs
08-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Who cares??
Never was a huge Shanahan fan, the guy always looked like he was going to have a heart attack or looking to blame others for the shortcomings of the team.

SteelersTilIDie
08-03-2009, 11:15 AM
:thumbsup:

scsteeler
08-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Shanahan in Dallas. Take it to the bank

I agree!

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-03-2009, 11:42 AM
I heard a rumor that he is seeing the Steelers team cosmetic surgeon to get his tan darker and teeth whiter.

mmalone
08-03-2009, 11:56 AM
I heard a rumor that he is seeing the Steelers team cosmetic surgeon to get his tan darker and teeth whiter.

we have a surgeon like that?? do we have a brain surgeon on the team staff. he needs to work on Arians first...

revefsreleets
08-03-2009, 12:53 PM
The people who hate Arians would HAAAAAAAATTTTTEEEEEEEEEEE Shanahan. While he does run the football, it's a dink-and-dunk West Coast finnesse offense, literally the polar opposite of what is considered "Steelers football".

mmalone
08-03-2009, 01:18 PM
The people who hate Arians would HAAAAAAAATTTTTEEEEEEEEEEE Shanahan. While he does run the football, it's a dink-and-dunk West Coast finnesse offense, literally the polar opposite of what is considered "Steelers football".

i just watched the AFCchampionship game twice with my boys this weekend. so im fired up about the play calling. no draw plays. one screen maybe two short counter passes to parker??? moore was no were to be found.... mchugh blocked for parker once. daivs another time.... parker was the lone set back and they tried running him up the middle by himself didnt count how many times.... against the #2 defense. not to mention Lewis and Suggs.

i just got frustrated again.... sorry. i cant blame the offense. i blame the lame play calling.

HometownGal
08-03-2009, 01:21 PM
I always had a lot of respect for Shanahan. He ran a very tight ship in Denver.

Shanny is a damned good HC and Denver screwed the pooch by firing him imho. There are a lot of memorable Rat Face moments, but after the Steelers trampled the Broncs in the 2006 AFCC, Shanahan made absolutely no excuses for his team's lackluster performance and gave the Steelers huge props. I thought that was extremely classy. :drink:

He is going to coach somewhere next season - I have no doubt about it.

CanadianSteel
08-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Shanny is a damned good HC and Denver screwed the pooch by firing him imho. There are a lot of memorable Rat Face moments, but after the Steelers trampled the Broncs in the 2006 AFCC, Shanahan made absolutely no excuses for his team's lackluster performance and gave the Steelers huge props. I thought that was extremely classy. :drink:

He is going to coach somewhere next season - I have no doubt about it.

Same here HTG... always thought Shanahan was a bit of a rat... looked like one with that darn grin too..... but I too remember the interview after the steelers whooped them in the AFC Tile game and kinda thought it was cool... no excuses made.... just got beat by the better team kinda response...

NEPAsteeler
08-03-2009, 09:36 PM
I betcha Shanahan will be laughing his way to the bank next year as he gets hired as a head coach somewhere and watches McDaniels continue to bury Denver deeper and deeper into suckiness :chuckle:

Oh, that's right. McDaniels is a Belicheat deciple so he'll be great, right? :laughing:

GodofGridiron
08-04-2009, 08:25 PM

Not entirely accurate. Mike Bell, Terrell Davis, Clinton Portis (before the Champ Bailey trade).............Shanahan ran the ball when he needed to, and did it very effectively. His offenses werent lackluster. But you cant say he didnt run it. And with Mcaffery and Smith they did go down field........he'd just lull your ass to sleep with the short tosses here and there then hit you with the skinny post over the top for 6.

revefsreleets
08-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Not entirely accurate. Mike Bell, Terrell Davis, Clinton Portis (before the Champ Bailey trade).............Shanahan ran the ball when he needed to, and did it very effectively. His offenses werent lackluster. But you cant say he didnt run it. And with Mcaffery and Smith they did go down field........he'd just lull your ass to sleep with the short tosses here and there then hit you with the skinny post over the top for 6.

You are misstating what I'm saying. The Steelers fans want big lineman moving the DL back and power backs running the ball 75% of the time. That's NOT a Shanny offense. I don't mind the offense he runs, because it's effective, but we are a different animal entirely. His is a finesse system, and we don't have the right personel for that scheme. The bottom line is many of the things that the haters despise about Arians Shanny does as well, even moreso...so they'd be happy for a week then start calling for Shanahan's head, just like they do every other OC that's been in Pittsburgh since 1980.

Steel Head
08-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Shanahan is a great coach, i can't believe the stupid Donks fired him for McDaniels lol

Weren't we close to hiring Shanahan as our HC but chose Cowher instead?