PDA

View Full Version : Because I'm Such A Nice Guy.....

Crow-Magnon
08-02-2009, 07:46 AM
I'm letting you know that you can watch the Steelers beat the Ravens...again...for the 2008 AFC Championship on NFL Replay at 1:00 PM today on NFL Network.

It'll hurt, but I'm going to watch it anyway. :banging: :laughing:

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Thanks Crow......but I already set my PVR to record it.

I got tired of watching us beat the Chargers in the AFC semi-finals over and over. (NFL-network re-aired that 2 weeks ago).

I'm gonna watch Sweed look at the jumbotron and drop the ball again.

Fire Haley
08-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Yeah - I've got all the Steelers playoff games saved on the DVR.

Doesn't everyone?

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Yeah - I've got all the Steelers playoff games saved on the DVR.

Doesn't everyone?

Hey Killer. Rewatch the Chargers game, all you need is the 1st half, and see how well Hartwig stalemates Jamaal Williams.

You can also see how often Stapleton doesnt get push on D-linemen.....but gets to LB's pretty well. he gets jacked up on a run by Shaun Phillips in the 2nd quarter and its sad to see.

Fire Haley
08-02-2009, 11:20 AM
I think Holmes won that Chargers game with his punt return, but Berger's wobbly punts helped us too - that ding off the helmet of their blocker iced it.

The SB is being replayed this afternoon also - you know, in case you missed it. (Ravens fans)

revefsreleets
08-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Why live in the past? We'll all get to see the Steelers beat the Ratbirds in real time and live action a couple times in the next few months.

HometownGal
08-02-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm letting you know that you can watch the Steelers beat the Ravens...again...for the 2008 AFC Championship on NFL Replay at 1:00 PM today on NFL Network.

It'll hurt, but I'm going to watch it anyway. :banging: :laughing:

You are da man, CrowMag! :thumbsup::hatsoff: I'll be tuned in. :tt02:

Here's a little somethin' for your pain. :wink02: :drink:

http://secure.iquiero.com/catalog/peru/bodega/images/BOD565_gr.jpg

Crow-Magnon
08-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Thanks! They'll go down good.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks! They'll go down good.

You know.....its really refreshing to see that a defeated fan can still drink beer and respect the opposition.

Unlike the Crydinal and Boo-hoo-Hawks fans that are sipping on their Crydonay and still complaining that the referees lost them their super bowls. Thanks for being classy Crow. :thumbsup:

Crow-Magnon
08-02-2009, 01:39 PM
You know.....its really refreshing to see that a defeated fan can still drink beer and respect the opposition.

Unlike the Crydinal and Boo-hoo-Hawks fans that are sipping on their Crydonay and still complaining that the referees lost them their super bowls. Thanks for being classy Crow. :thumbsup:

I picked up a few things from that game. One, although McGahee gets his share of fan crapola (some earned, some not), he laid a few licks on some LB's picking up blitzes. That ain't easy for most RB's to do. Two, Flacco definitely felt the heat from the Steelers defense. But I think he is good enough that he'll be better against it this season. Three, thank God the Ravens got some CB's during the off-season. McAlister could be a PITA at times, but he's head and shoulders above Frank Walker and Corey Ivy.

Four.....how in hell does Tomlin stay so %*&#$ calm on the sidelines? He didn't even blink when Polomalu caught the Pick Six. Unreal.

43Hitman
08-02-2009, 02:32 PM
I picked up a few things from that game. One, although McGahee gets his share of fan crapola (some earned, some not), he laid a few licks on some LB's picking up blitzes. That ain't easy for most RB's to do. Two, Flacco definitely felt the heat from the Steelers defense. But I think he is good enough that he'll be better against it this season. Three, thank God the Ravens got some CB's during the off-season. McAlister could be a PITA at times, but he's head and shoulders above Frank Walker and Corey Ivy.

Four.....how in hell does Tomlin stay so %*&#$ calm on the sidelines? He didn't even blink when Polomalu caught the Pick Six. Unreal.

What does the bolded text mean?

Crow-Magnon
08-02-2009, 02:42 PM
What does the bolded text mean?

It means Pain In The Ass. Which CMac could be at times.

43Hitman
08-02-2009, 02:53 PM

Thanks. Good posts as usual Crow. :thumbsup:

steelballs
08-05-2009, 06:41 AM

Crow...I hope you continue to be as objective once the season starts.

McAllister WAS a great CB, but definitely lost his hunger in the last two years in B'More. I thought the team owed him a little more respect in how they handled his departure, but it is what it is.

Crow-Magnon
08-05-2009, 07:24 AM
Crow...I hope you continue to be as objective once the season starts.

McAllister WAS a great CB, but definitely lost his hunger in the last two years in B'More. I thought the team owed him a little more respect in how they handled his departure, but it is what it is.

I am a Ravens fan through and through and I bleed purple, but I am not a blind fanboy. I know the Ravens have strengths and weaknesses and I am always objective; sometimes too objective. :banging:

The CMac issue is a tough one. I know he butted heads with the new HC from Day 1. McAlister wanted to be treated like the veteran he is/was, but Harbaugh was there to make a statement and put a quick death to Billick Ball and the day spa that training camp had begun. Ray Lewis bought into it straight off and Ed Reed grumbled a bit but soon caught on. McAlister never did. It's a shame because even though he could be a PITA, he was a great CB.

I find it strange that he still remains unsigned by any team. Maybe his injury turned out to be worse than most thought it was and other franchises aren't willing to take a chance signing him.

Stover4Prez
08-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Watching it again (not in a rage of drunken stupor this time), I actually forgot how in this game we were until the fourth quarter. This was really a lot closer than I remember. I feel that physically and mentally that personal foul on the kickoff return was the absolute final nail in the coffin. Don't get me wrong, it would have still been a challenge, but starting with good field position and coming off the momentum of a good kick return vice being backed up to inside the 20 for a MORONIC (I can't even get the letters big enough) personal foul was just too much for a team that was already playing above their abilities.
Regardless of who wins the matchups this year, everyone knows the two B-more / Pburgh games will be awesome!

Go Ravens!

Crow-Magnon
08-05-2009, 10:10 AM
Watching it again (not in a rage of drunken stupor this time), I actually forgot how in this game we were until the fourth quarter. This was really a lot closer than I remember. I feel that physically and mentally that personal foul on the kickoff return was the absolute final nail in the coffin. Don't get me wrong, it would have still been a challenge, but starting with good field position and coming off the momentum of a good kick return vice being backed up to inside the 20 for a MORONIC (I can't even get the letters big enough) personal foul was just too much for a team that was already playing above their abilities.
Regardless of who wins the matchups this year, everyone knows the two B-more / Pburgh games will be awesome!

Go Ravens!

The score was 16-14 Steelers until late in the 4th quarter. But looking closely at the game, the truth is that Pittsburgh moved the ball better the entire game. Baltimore scored two offensive TD's, but IIRC both of those were set up by PI calls. Meanwhile the Steelers were able to score one offensive TD (with a little luck due to Washington's slip) and three FG's.

Granted, it wasn't completely lopsided, but overall Pittsburgh had either (depending on your point-of-view) a more productive offense or a better defense that day.

MasterOfPuppets
08-05-2009, 02:26 PM
You are da man, CrowMag! :thumbsup::hatsoff: I'll be tuned in. :tt02:

Here's a little somethin' for your pain. :wink02: :drink:

http://secure.iquiero.com/catalog/peru/bodega/images/BOD565_gr.jpg
you might want this too.. i bought it at a yard sale in cinncinatti in 05 .... the old lady i bought it from said it was only used once...:noidea:

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8953/noose.jpg (http://img219.imageshack.us/i/noose.jpg/)

Youngstown Steeler
08-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Steelers Forums: Classy fans from defeated teams always welcome.