PDA

View Full Version : AFC Championship Game - NFL Replay

7willBheaven
08-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Steelers vs. Ravens AFC Championship game from this past season is on NFL Network right now...1-2:30pm EST!

ALSO....SB XLIII is on at 5pm today!!!!

CanadianSteel
08-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Thanks dude - daughter just went for a nap so good timing..

steelerdave1969
08-02-2009, 12:20 PM
same here... I was enjoying it anyways though.. always good to see a win again.. I had forgotten all about the lost TD midway through the 1st quarter.. Holmes should have had that TD reception

Galax Steeler
08-02-2009, 12:55 PM
I guess I can catch the end of it thanks.

scsteeler
08-02-2009, 05:54 PM
It comes on again on NFL network at 7:30.

redst3
08-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Well I have to say that i got a new 40 inch HDTV specifically for the Steelers this year and I watched my first game in HD today. Great picture! and yes, Santos feet were most assuredly IN!

tony hipchest
08-02-2009, 06:47 PM
willie drops a perfectly thrown pass fro ben that shoulda been a TD.

next play, hines ward's knee is jacked up on a 1st down reception.

then holmes is completely robbed of a reception that looked like a td, and shoulda been no less than 1st and goal on the 1.

= fg. :dang:

just catch the ball willie!

Texasteel
08-02-2009, 06:54 PM
That was still a late hit on Ben.

jasonhightower
08-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Watching this game now and I am really starting to see how Ben made up for the O-line's ineffectiveness.

tony hipchest
08-02-2009, 07:01 PM
That was still a late hit on Ben.no shit, right? wtf. :wtf:

holmes 1st td on bens scramble is perfect evidence of why santonio, heath millions, and ben are all worthy to be top paid at their position.

great hustle and blocking by heath. santonio and bens play speaks for itself. keeping tone wont be cheap.

Texasteel
08-02-2009, 07:11 PM
They can make a broken play look like they planned it that way, can't they.

Pittsky
08-02-2009, 07:17 PM
was watching the superbowl replay at my girlfriends parents...he's a giants fan...sure he hated it...haha

Fire Haley
08-02-2009, 07:46 PM
willie drops a perfectly thrown pass fro ben that shoulda been a TD.

next play, hines ward's knee is jacked up on a 1st down reception.

then holmes is completely robbed of a reception that looked like a td, and shoulda been no less than 1st and goal on the 1.

Yep

Dropped passes and missed opportunites kept it from being a blowout. (Yeah - that's you Sweed)

Flacco's 3 picks and18.2 quarterback rating that day helped too.

Bring it back for another year - we ain't ascared of that O.

Edman
08-02-2009, 09:21 PM
The Steelers vastly outplayed the Ravens that game. Our inability to finish drives almost cost us.

When it was 16-14, and the Rats had the ball, it looked like it was going to be another 1994 disaster at home after dominating the opponent throughout the game. Troy intercepted the ball and the rest is history.

WWIIOwheelz
08-03-2009, 12:09 AM
I was at that game! :)

I enjoyed watching the NFL Network broadcast, and thanks for alerting us about it. I kept thinking about how cold it was. Easily one of the best live sporting events I've been to, if not THE best.

WeegiesWarriors
08-03-2009, 06:55 AM
What I just really noticed yesterday was on the drive where Sweed dropped the ball. A play or two earlier a pass to Holmes on a quick slant was thrown slightly behind him but still catchable. The DB fell at the end and it looked like no safety in the deep middle. Another sure TD.

Dino 6 Rings
08-03-2009, 07:35 AM
Sweed!!! Yeah, he dropped a sure TD, but that hit he put on Ivy was a thing of beauty!!!

And the Clark hit to pretty much end the game...glorious!

mmalone
08-03-2009, 07:49 AM
Sweed!!! Yeah, he dropped a sure TD, but that hit he put on Ivy was a thing of beauty!!!

And the Clark hit to pretty much end the game...glorious!

Clark had a great day, he was hitting people everywhere....

Davis sould have played the whole game just for his size ... Parkers size and running up the middle 20 times putting us at 3rd and way to long at least 5 times, was a waste of time.. Watch the game again, everything we did was solid on offense, except for trying to run 180 lbs of parker into a ravens D-line..

It was the best game of the year for sure....

steelballs
08-03-2009, 07:50 AM
It never gets old watching the Steelers beat the rats.

O'fer 3 for the season, clinching the division on their turf and sending them home with dissolved visions of SB glory in the conference championship...it doesn't get any better than that. Well, winning the SB trumps that of course.

Crow-Magnon
08-03-2009, 08:01 AM
What I just really noticed yesterday was on the drive where Sweed dropped the ball. A play or two earlier a pass to Holmes on a quick slant was thrown slightly behind him but still catchable. The DB fell at the end and it looked like no safety in the deep middle. Another sure TD.

A lot of plays in that game could have gone either way. Had Fabian Washington not slipped, Holmes may have been stopped quickly and may not have scored that TD, which was the only offensive TD the Steelers scored IIRC. And had that %$&*# idiot Darren Stone not committed that unbelieveably stupid and idiotic PF on the kick-off, which was returned for good yardage, the Ravens may have been able to score again instead of Flacco being pressured to do too much too quickly and throwing that Pick Six to Polomalu.

And just think if Ben had been forced out of the game. When they showed that shot of him down in the tunnel rubbing his back and Leftwich warming up, I thought he may have really taken a shot. Needless to say, while he may have been aching, it didn't slow him up any.

That was one hard-fought defensive game all the way into the early 4th quarter. After that is when the Steelers really brought it home and put the game away. I know (probably) most football fans prefer to watch a game like the Cardinals-Eagles NFC Championship that's just chock-full of scoring, but I'll take a defensive slugfest every time.

And trust me, I'm not making excuses for the Ravens' loss. The Steelers won the game fair and square. But for a while there it certainly did look like it could have gone either way.

steelballs
08-03-2009, 08:33 AM
A lot of plays in that game could have gone either way. Had Fabian Washington not slipped, Holmes may have been stopped quickly and may not have scored that TD, which was the only offensive TD the Steelers scored IIRC. And had that %$&*# idiot Darren Stone not committed that unbelieveably stupid and idiotic PF on the kick-off, which was returned for good yardage, the Ravens may have been able to score again instead of Flacco being pressured to do too much too quickly and throwing that Pick Six to Polomalu.

And just think if Ben had been forced out of the game. When they showed that shot of him down in the tunnel rubbing his back and Leftwich warming up, I thought he may have really taken a shot. Needless to say, while he may have been aching, it didn't slow him up any.

That was one hard-fought defensive game all the way into the early 4th quarter. After that is when the Steelers really brought it home and put the game away. I know (probably) most football fans prefer to watch a game like the Cardinals-Eagles NFC Championship that's just chock-full of scoring, but I'll take a defensive slugfest every time.

And trust me, I'm not making excuses for the Ravens' loss. The Steelers won the game fair and square. But for a while there it certainly did look like it could have gone either way.

You know Crow...you're one of the first Raven fans that I can respect. I agree that the best football is a slugfest and we were certainly witness to that in the AFC championship game. The Steelers have a way of salvaging a mediocre offensive performance much like the Ravens.
I look forward to the matchup every year and always look for a smash mouth game and I'm very rarely disappointed. I'd wish you good luck on the upcoming season, but you know I don't really mean it.

Crow-Magnon
08-03-2009, 08:42 AM
You know Crow...you're one of the first Raven fans that I can respect. I agree that the best football is a slugfest and we were certainly witness to that in the AFC championship game. The Steelers have a way of salvaging a mediocre offensive performance much like the Ravens.
I look forward to the matchup every year and always look for a smash mouth game and I'm very rarely disappointed. I'd wish you good luck on the upcoming season, but you know I don't really mean it.

Trust me, I wish the same for you guys as well. :laughing:

Hey, I hope both teams squash the Bengals and the Browns. That's always a highlight of the season. It is a darned shame I won't get to see Crennel's mug on the Browns sidelines anymore, though. It was always good for a laugh.

steelballs
08-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Trust me, I wish the same for you guys as well. :laughing:

Hey, I hope both teams squash the Bengals and the Browns. That's always a highlight of the season. It is a darned shame I won't get to see Crennel's mug on the Browns sidelines anymore, though. It was always good for a laugh.

Agreed....and as far as well wishes, I'd expect nothing less.

Jackal
08-03-2009, 01:03 PM
I was lucky enough to be at that game, as well. I'm never one to lose faith in our boys, but I was getting awfully nervous when the score was 16-14 and they started moving into our territory. I'll always remember collapsing into my seat the moment Troy picked off that pass from Flacco. What an amazing moment.

Crow-Magnon
08-03-2009, 01:31 PM
I was lucky enough to be at that game, as well. I'm never one to lose faith in our boys, but I was getting awfully nervous when the score was 16-14 and they started moving into our territory. I'll always remember collapsing into my seat the moment Troy picked off that pass from Flacco. What an amazing moment.

You think YOU collapsed?

I fell down and became a foaming-at-the-mouth gibbering idiot that was only brought under control by a judicious amount of cold beer applied in as rapid a fashion as humanly possible.

sherlock
08-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Reading this thread got me wondering about NFL tv coverage in the U.S.
I`m aware different networks cover the games....but is the coverage nationwide?
For instance,was last seasons Steelers@Jaguars game available to viewers only in Florida and Pennsylvania or was it shown nationwide or only in certain areas?
Do you need cable or a subscription to watch some channels that show NFL games?
I only ask because many of the posters on this thread seemed to be watching the game "live" again....I mean did you not see/record it first time around?.Was it not available to some of you last season?

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-04-2009, 01:33 PM
You think YOU collapsed?

I fell down and became a foaming-at-the-mouth gibbering idiot that was only brought under control by a judicious amount of cold beer applied in as rapid a fashion as humanly possible.

I was at a bar in the Vegas airport watching that play unfold and I felt great about it. To Ravens fans, it must have been the same kind of feeling we had when we saw Bettis fumble the ball on the goal line at Indy, and Nick Harper starting to run the football back. :doh:

Crow-Magnon
08-04-2009, 03:35 PM
I was at a bar in the Vegas airport watching that play unfold and I felt great about it. To Ravens fans, it must have been the same kind of feeling we had when we saw Bettis fumble the ball on the goal line at Indy, and Nick Harper starting to run the football back. :doh:

It was more like the scene in The Longest Day when Major Pluskat takes that "one last look" through his binoculars and sees six thousand ships appear out of the fog. He knew right then the war was lost and so did we.

Which still isn't as bad as The Fumble or The Drive. :rofl: