PDA

View Full Version : Police Rant

CantStop85
08-03-2009, 04:43 AM
Sorry, but I just got home and have no one else to complain to, so I figured I would do it on here.

I was coming home tonight at around 3 am after hanging out with some business friends of mine and on the way I get pulled over by a cop.

The cop pulls me over for doing 40 mph in a 35 mph zone. Are you kidding me?

Despite this fact, I am fully cooperative and courteous. Then he asks me, " have you been drinking tonight?"

I respond: "nope."
To which he says. "are you sure?"
I respond, "yes."
"Have you drank any alcohol at any point today?"
I respond, "nope, not a drop."
He then asks, "Do you drink at all?"
Despite the fact that I feel like this is irrelevant to the situation and quite frankly none of his business, I lie and say "no," just so he doesn't have any more reason for suspicion.

At which point he asks me to step out of the car and perform a field sobriety test. Later his exact reasoning was, "I couldn't smell or detect the presence of alcohol in your vehicle or on you, but you gave an answer that was different from how people usually respond. Apparently I was supposed to act timid and respond "n-n-n-o s-s-sir" to all of his questions.

So basically I got pulled over for going 5 mph over the speed limit and had to take a sobriety test because I didn't give an exact answer that he wanted. Just to add to this, I've been pulled over twice in my life...both in this same city...the first time I got pulled over because one of my lights was out and ended up having to take a sobriety then too, and that was when I was 17 and had never even had a sip of alcohol. I hate police...you give a normal everyday person too much power and they go crazy.

I swear, if I was black I would've said it was racial profiling...maybe they have a thing for red heads too. :chuckle: Anyway, **** the police. :laughing:

/Rant over, feel free to share your experiences if you would like.

HometownGal
08-03-2009, 07:54 AM
I was coming home tonight at around 3 am after hanging out with some business friends of mine and on the way I get pulled over by a cop.

The cop pulls me over for doing 40 mph in a 35 mph zone. Are you kidding me?

Seems to me that he pulled you over because he "assumed" you were coming home from a bar at that hour. If he couldn't smell any booze on your breath or in your car, he shouldn't have put you through the sobriety test. :bs: Had you been traveling 40 in a 35 during daylight hours, he most likely would have let it go.

Galax Steeler
08-03-2009, 08:26 AM
It was just a reason to give you a sobriety test. He thought he might get lucky and get him a drunk driver.

J Dogg
08-03-2009, 08:28 AM
You've been pulled over twice?

STFU

jjbrasso
08-03-2009, 08:47 AM
You hate the police, but who will be the first people you call when you get robbed, burglarized etc?

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-03-2009, 08:52 AM
I love the police (hehehehe)

J Dogg
08-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Look, I'm no fan of the police. But people overreact all the time when they see Barney in their rearview mirrors. I've had some less than noteworthy run ins with the police, but that doesn't mean they're inherently bad. In your case, you were going over the limit at 3 AM on the weekend. To most intelligent people, that equals coming home from drinking.

Next time why don't you try stepping back from the situation and getting some perspective before claiming the cops did you wrong.

revefsreleets
08-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Do you have any Bengals bumper or window stickers? Anything identifying you as a Bengal fan? If so, there's your answer...the cop just figured anybody who'd follow a team of thugs, crooks, drug profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityf ilter, drunks and felons is probably one himself.

Fire Haley
08-03-2009, 11:22 AM
In your case, you were going over the limit at 3 AM on the weekend. To most intelligent people, that equals coming home from drinking.

I'd be more suspicious if you were driving the speed limit - it means you are either a drug dealer or drunk, and afraid to get stopped.

It was just a reason to give you a sobriety test. He thought he might get lucky and get him a drunk driver.

That's the most likely answer.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-03-2009, 11:37 AM

Bingo! We have a winner.

You were technically breaking the law but make now mistake...he was fishing.

The bad thing is that it is seriously inconvenient and pisses you off when your sober..

The good thing is that for every 3-4 cars he pulls over at 3 in the morning, he gets a drunk off the road who potentially can make your like MUCH more inconvienient.

KeiselPower99
08-03-2009, 11:43 AM
I was pulling out of a bar and a cop ran a red light and had to swerve to miss me. About a mile down the road a cop car got behind me followed me til I turned and at that point I was pulled over. He came to the window and asked me if I had been drinking and I said no that I was the DD and he asked me to take a drunk test. I did and I noticed it was the same police car that ran the red light and had to swerve to miss me. I passed the test and he was like are ya on drugs. I stood on the side of the road for 45 minutes until he realized there was nothing he could get me for. Before he left I told him to make sure to stop at red lights from now on ya never know when a car is gonna pull out in front of ya. He didnt seem to like that comment very much but I didnt like getting pulled over for nothing.

SteelersinCA
08-03-2009, 11:45 AM
You were technically breaking the law but make now mistake...he was fishing.

Pre-text stops are illegal too. Granted he had a reason to pull him over for 40 in a 30 but we can all agree that "fishing" is against the law as well, right?

JEFF4i
08-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Pre-text stops are illegal too. Granted he had a reason to pull him over for 40 in a 30 but we can all agree that "fishing" is against the law as well, right?

Is it federal or a Penn. state law? I'm really curious, actually, since a friend of mine got pulled over for something that wasn't illegal.

Anyway, sucky story dude, and he shouldn't have pulled you out of the car, but still glad to see LEO out there.

J Dogg
08-03-2009, 11:48 AM

No. I'd rather be inconvinienced for 30 minutes (which I have been many times) in order for the cops to actually catch drunk drivers.

But hey....you keep fighting the powers that be.

devilsdancefloor
08-03-2009, 12:02 PM
No. I'd rather be inconvinienced for 30 minutes (which I have been many times) in order for the cops to actually catch drunk drivers.

So we should just roll over and let "the powers that be" run us over? Come on we have all had good & bad interactions with police. Some one or somethings need to be questioned. But Jdogg you go ahead and lay on that porch and do nothing, but do not complain to me when you go hey wait a minute.....

Fire Haley
08-03-2009, 12:21 PM
So basically, anyone driving around at 3am is a criminal and should be stopped immediatley.

"Papers! Papers please!"

MACH1
08-03-2009, 12:24 PM
I was pulling out of a bar and a cop ran a red light and had to swerve to miss me. About a mile down the road a cop car got behind me followed me til I turned and at that point I was pulled over. He came to the window and asked me if I had been drinking and I said no that I was the DD and he asked me to take a drunk test. I did and I noticed it was the same police car that ran the red light and had to swerve to miss me. I passed the test and he was like are ya on drugs. I stood on the side of the road for 45 minutes until he realized there was nothing he could get me for. Before he left I told him to make sure to stop at red lights from now on ya never know when a car is gonna pull out in front of ya. He didnt seem to like that comment very much but I didnt like getting pulled over for nothing.

I can beat that one. I also was the DD, left the bar with my friends at closing time. Got in the car, backed out of the parking space, put it in gear to leave the parking lot and next thing I know I was being pulled over in the parking lot.:jawdrop: Went through the whole shtick with this a**hole and the the whole drunken bar crowd around the 'scene' heckling the cop. Which was just pissin the cop off more and more. So he called for back up and ended up with about seven cop cars there in the parking lot. Oh, I forgot to mention we were in my Mach1, for those of you who have seen my pic of it. Anyways I did manage to get a very heart felt apology out of the dumb ass. My last name isn't very common and at the time our state prosecuting attorney had the same last name. So after the cop told me "don't let it happen again" I went off the deep end on him. I told him I did absolutely nothing to warrant what he did and that A) this parking lot is private property, you can't pull me over like this on private property. B) this is entrapment. C) You had no probable cause. D) Do you see my last name there, what is the state prosecutors last name? Then his eyes got as big as dish plates when it dawned on him. :chuckle:

steelreserve
08-03-2009, 12:25 PM
I think the smart thing to do would've been to refuse to show the cop your ID and immediately start screaming at him and calling him a racist, and making a scene in the street. Then if you got arrested, you could act even more indignant and call the president, and he'd probably take your side. Because everyone knows that's how you're supposed to deal with the police.

Dino 6 Rings
08-03-2009, 12:27 PM
So basically, anyone driving around at 3am is a criminal and should be stopped immediatley.

"Papers! Papers please!"

Well, Grandma always said, "Nothing good every happens after Midnight"

I suggest for everyone, when pulled over at night, first thing you do is turn on the interior light once you properly pull over to the side of the road. That gesture, will put the cop at ease as he isn't walking up to a car he can't see in. Once the light goes on, and he sees what he's dealing with and you have your window down, radio off and hands at 10-2, he'll relax.

Works every time. Do you know why cops touch the back of your car everytime they approach? So their fingerprints are there in case they get shot and killed by the driver of the car they just stopped. Its something cops do out of habit. Anything you can do to ease their minds, is a good idea.

Fire Haley
08-03-2009, 12:29 PM
I only drive drunk in the morning and afternoon - I never get stopped.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-03-2009, 12:32 PM

Agreed...against the law but very hard to prove if the officer uses a legal excuse to pull the vehicle over.

7SteelGal43
08-03-2009, 12:36 PM
I think the smart thing to do would've been to refuse to show the cop your ID and immediately start screaming at him and calling him a racist, and making a scene in the street. Then if you got arrested, you could act even more indignant and call the president, and he'd probably take your side. Because everyone knows that's how you're supposed to deal with the police.

Yeah, and ya might even get a :drink: at the White House out of it :chuckle:

J Dogg
08-03-2009, 12:36 PM

"Papers! Papers please!"

He admitted to speeding....so yeah.

SteelCityMom
08-03-2009, 12:39 PM
I'd rather know that cops are out there looking for drunk drivers. I know it can be an inconvenience, but you have to remember they are just trying to keep people safe. They put their lives at risk everyday, so they deserve a little respect.

Fire Haley
08-03-2009, 12:39 PM
If there weren't drunken women rolling around in those bars at 2 am then men would have no reason to be on the roads driving at all.

I blame the women.

SteelersinCA
08-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Agreed...against the law but very hard to prove if the officer uses a legal excuse to pull the vehicle over.

Agreed. I'd rather there not be fishing than police getting lucky and nabbing a drunk 25% of the time. I liken it to the war rhetoric, "Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither."

SteelersinCA
08-03-2009, 12:41 PM

See directly above.

Just out of curiosity, do you talk on a cell phone while driving?

Dino 6 Rings
08-03-2009, 12:50 PM
If there weren't drunken women rolling around in those bars at 2 am then men would have no reason to be on the roads driving at all.

I blame the women.

:rofl:

Nice Deflection!

J Dogg
08-03-2009, 12:50 PM
See directly above.

Just out of curiosity, do you talk on a cell phone while driving?

No.

Look, I think drunk driving should be legal as long as killing someone while drunk can be made a capital offense. Hell, I think drunk driving should be a capital offense punishable by execution on site.

SteelCityMom
08-03-2009, 12:57 PM
No.

Look, I think drunk driving should be legal as long as killing someone while drunk can be made a capital offense. Hell, I think drunk driving should be a capital offense punishable by execution on site.

So true. Driving is a privilege, not a right. When you drink and drive (or use any other drug and drive, or use a cell phone or do your make up..etc, etc.) you put others lives at risk. I see drunk driving as attempted murder, at best.

SteelersinCA
08-03-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm not advocating drunk driving. I'm advocating two wrongs don't make a right.

J Dogg
08-03-2009, 01:00 PM

Whatever helps you sleep at night after you drive home drunk.

CantStop85
08-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Seems to me that he pulled you over because he "assumed" you were coming home from a bar at that hour. If he couldn't smell any booze on your breath or in your car, he shouldn't have put you through the sobriety test. :bs: Had you been traveling 40 in a 35 during daylight hours, he most likely would have let it go.

What bar? I neglected to mention I live (during the summer) in a completely dry county. :noidea:

I know the whole "they're looking out for dangerous people to keep you safe," but I still call it overstepping their boundaries.

SteelCityMom
08-03-2009, 01:12 PM

I know you're not, nobody seriously would advocate drunk driving. But that doesn't mean that a cop, at 3am was wrong for checking to see if someone was driving drunk. I know it may sound to you like I'm giving up liberty for security, but there is no liberty in driving. Yes, you may own the car, but the state owns the license, registration and the road you are driving on. If they are given a reason, the cops are well within their bounds to ensure that you are not engaged in any illegal activities.

Dino 6 Rings
08-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Look, its real easy, if you're driving at 3am and get pulled over. Be a good citizen in return. Know that you were pulled over because the Cop is looking for drunks. Be friendly, be nice, and be social. Don't be an "inconvienced prick" to the cop. Tell him flat out "Let me guess? Drunk Stop?" and laugh, tell him you'll take the test without a problem. If it happens at 5pm and you're in a rush to pick your kids up from school before the $1 a minute late charge kicks in, fine be a prick because he's got a lot of nerve stopping you at the worst possible time. But unless you're heading to the hospital at 3am, what the fck are you in a rush for anyway? Seriously. Just be chill and the cops will be chill. Smile, have your interior light on, radio off and hands in plain sight and he'll (or she'll don't want to be a sexist now) will be put at ease and much nicer to you. They have a job, its to stop Drunk Drivers from Killing Entire Families on the road. That's what the Cops are doing, they aren't being pricks, they are trying to save freaking lives.

CantStop85
08-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Look, its real easy, if you're driving at 3am and get pulled over. Be a good citizen in return. Know that you were pulled over because the Cop is looking for drunks. Be friendly, be nice, and be social. Don't be an "inconvienced prick" to the cop. Tell him flat out "Let me guess? Drunk Stop?" and laugh, tell him you'll take the test without a problem. If it happens at 5pm and you're in a rush to pick your kids up from school before the $1 a minute late charge kicks in, fine be a prick because he's got a lot of nerve stopping you at the worst possible time. But unless you're heading to the hospital at 3am, what the fck are you in a rush for anyway? Seriously. Just be chill and the cops will be chill. Smile, have your interior light on, radio off and hands in plain sight and he'll (or she'll don't want to be a sexist now) will be put at ease and much nicer to you. They have a job, its to stop Drunk Drivers from Killing Entire Families on the road. That's what the Cops are doing, they aren't being pricks, they are trying to save freaking lives.

Whatever, it's not even that big of a deal. I didn't even mind getting pulled over. I did the whole proper procedure...had my license and proof of insurance ready before he got to the window, turned my radio off, turned my inside light on, etc. The part that I was partially upset about was the fact that he had me take a sobriety test without having the slightest indication that I might possibly be inebriated. I spoke completely articulately and courteously, he couldn't smell or see any alcohol on me, yet I still had to get out of the car and do the field sobriety test (which after having taken twice now, I believe would actually be easier if I had 2 or 3 drinks in me...the tale of an uncoordinated white boy :chuckle:).

This wasn't meant to be a "cops are crooked/police have too much power" thread, like I said at the beginning, it was just a meaningless rant meant as a conversation starter. If anything, I just wanted to hear about others' encounters with the po-po.

Fire Haley
08-03-2009, 02:00 PM
it was just a meaningless rant meant as a conversation starter

Oh sure - that's what all the jack-booted thug haters say.

SteelTalons
08-03-2009, 02:24 PM
You hate the police, but who will be the first people you call when you get robbed, burglarized etc?

Smith and Wesson? :noidea:

Fire Haley
08-03-2009, 05:10 PM
You go to your bars, I'll go to mine.

CantStop85
08-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Oh sure - that's what all the jack-booted thug haters say.

What in the world did you just say?

steelpinstripe72
08-03-2009, 07:28 PM
My brother was out with two other guys, and they were going to pick someone up. This was in Buffalo, NY a few months back. He'd been there for all of three weeks, and got lost while picking this guy up. He's driving slow, because he's not sure where he's going. Meanwhile, there's a car that's been tailing him pretty close and all of a sudden, the lights come on, and several other squad cars come out of nowhere. They pull my brother over, and search him, the guys he's with, and the car. They ran everyone's licenses, and didn't believe my brother's story that he was lost. Apparently the fact that no one was from Buffalo, a fact plainly seen on the licenses they ran, didn't tip the police off. They had them on the side of the road for about 45 minutes before letting them go. No explanation, no apology, nothing. And people wonder why there are those who hate the police.

SteelersinCA
08-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Whatever helps you sleep at night after you drive home drunk.

Don't drive drunk so not worried. You have fun giving up your liberties.

SteelersinCA
08-03-2009, 07:35 PM
I know you're not, nobody seriously would advocate drunk driving. But that doesn't mean that a cop, at 3am was wrong for checking to see if someone was driving drunk. I know it may sound to you like I'm giving up liberty for security, but there is no liberty in driving. Yes, you may own the car, but the state owns the license, registration and the road you are driving on. If they are given a reason, the cops are well within their bounds to ensure that you are not engaged in any illegal activities.

Actually, driving is a right not a privilege. Don't take my word for it, take the Supreme Court's...http://educate-yourself.org/cn/drivingisrightnotprivledge07apr05.shtml

J Dogg
08-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Don't drive drunk so not worried. You have fun giving up your liberties.

Because we should have the right to drive drunk and kill people.

J Dogg
08-03-2009, 07:52 PM
My brother was out with two other guys, and they were going to pick someone up. This was in Buffalo, NY a few months back. He'd been there for all of three weeks, and got lost while picking this guy up. He's driving slow, because he's not sure where he's going. Meanwhile, there's a car that's been tailing him pretty close and all of a sudden, the lights come on, and several other squad cars come out of nowhere. They pull my brother over, and search him, the guys he's with, and the car. They ran everyone's licenses, and didn't believe my brother's story that he was lost. Apparently the fact that no one was from Buffalo, a fact plainly seen on the licenses they ran, didn't tip the police off. They had them on the side of the road for about 45 minutes before letting them go. No explanation, no apology, nothing. And people wonder why there are those who hate the police.

And I'm sure that's the whole story.

SteelCityMom
08-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Actually, driving is a right not a privilege. Don't take my word for it, take the Supreme Court's...http://educate-yourself.org/cn/drivingisrightnotprivledge07apr05.shtml

No, TRAVELING is a right, not a privilege. DRIVING is a privilege in the sense that they don't just hand out licenses to operate motor vehicles to just anyone, you have to take and pass both a written and a road test first, and then you have to stay within the boundaries of the traffic laws. Your driving privileges may be taken away (just like a parent may take away their childs privilege to say, watch tv, or use a cell-phone), if you break certain traffic laws.

SteelCityMom
08-03-2009, 08:47 PM

Let me expand on my viewpoint here, because there is a basis for an argument in this document you provided. It all boils down to this for me though.

"10.1 The "RIGHT" of the Citizen to travel upon the public roadways and to transport his property thereon, by horse-drawn carriage, wagon, or automobile, is NOT a mere PRIVILEGE which may be permitted or prohibited at will, but a "COMMON RIGHT" which he has under his right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Under the Constitutional guarantee one may, therefore, under normal conditions, travel at his inclination along the public roadways or in public places, and while conducting himself in an orderly and decent manner, neither interfering with, not disturbing another's "RIGHTS," he will be protected, not only in his person, but in his safe conduct. (Emphasis added) See: 11 American Jurisprudence 1st., Constitutional Law, 329, page 1123"

A person has the right to travel and drive (basically b/c they have the right to pursue life, liberty and happiness) AS LONG AS they do not interfere with anothers right to pursue life, liberty and happiness. This is where traffic laws come in (IMO). I would not want a habitual speeder or a habitual drunk driver on the roadways because this would interfere with my life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. From the comments I have read at the bottom, this seems like nothing but rhetoric to get out of speeding tickets and other traffic violations.

There is no other reason why anyone should be object to having to go through the process of getting a license and a registration for their car (they are also helpful in solving crimes and catching offenders quickly as well as keeping them off the roadways).

There is no way you can convince me that if someone tried to take their traffic violation to the supreme court (which every person has the right to try and do) that it would be overturned because of anything stated in this article.

SteelersinCA
08-03-2009, 08:49 PM
No, TRAVELING is a right, not a privilege. DRIVING is a privilege in the sense that they don't just hand out licenses to operate motor vehicles to just anyone, you have to take and pass both a written and a road test first, and then you have to stay within the boundaries of the traffic laws. Your driving privileges may be taken away (just like a parent may take away their childs privilege to say, watch tv, or use a cell-phone), if you break certain traffic laws.

Pretty sure if you read your states, or any states vehicle code, only motor vehicles are allowed on highways. Read the law before you comment, you can clearly see they say the use of an automobile is a right on public roadways. Just because you have to take a test and you rights may be taken away does not make it a privilege. Voting is a privilege now? If you are a convicted felon you cannot vote. Anyway this is way off topic.

Fire Haley
08-03-2009, 08:52 PM
What in the world did you just say?

I say you got pulled over for DWI

Driving While Innocent

Don't take that crap - I'd sue that cop, their city and everyone in sight for profiling (doesn't matter - pick a category) - go to a shrink and get some documentation for mental distress.

Fire off some letters to the editor or let the local press in on your "breaking story".

Start out asking for $500,000, let them know you mean business.

SteelCityMom
08-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Pretty sure if you read your states, or any states vehicle code, only motor vehicles are allowed on highways. Read the law before you comment, you can clearly see they say the use of an automobile is a right on public roadways. Just because you have to take a test and you rights may be taken away does not make it a privilege. Voting is a privilege now? If you are a convicted felon you cannot vote. Anyway this is way off topic.

No, I get what your saying. You do have the right to operate a motor vehicle, but I've always seen it as more of a privilege b/c a privilege is something you have to earn (i.e taking a road test etc) and a privilege is something you can lose. A right to me is something that cannot be taken away from you, if that makes any sense. We probably don't disagree on the topic too much, just on the usage of the word right and privilege lol. I do see where you are coming from though.

SteelersinCA
08-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Let me expand on my viewpoint here, because there is a basis for an argument in this document you provided. It all boils down to this for me though.

"10.1 The "RIGHT" of the Citizen to travel upon the public roadways and to transport his property thereon, by horse-drawn carriage, wagon, or automobile, is NOT a mere PRIVILEGE which may be permitted or prohibited at will, but a "COMMON RIGHT" which he has under his right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Under the Constitutional guarantee one may, therefore, under normal conditions, travel at his inclination along the public roadways or in public places, and while conducting himself in an orderly and decent manner, neither interfering with, not disturbing another's "RIGHTS," he will be protected, not only in his person, but in his safe conduct. (Emphasis added) See: 11 American Jurisprudence 1st., Constitutional Law, 329, page 1123"

A person has the right to travel and drive (basically b/c they have the right to pursue life, liberty and happiness) AS LONG AS they do not interfere with anothers right to pursue life, liberty and happiness. This is where traffic laws come in (IMO). I would not want a habitual speeder or a habitual drunk driver on the roadways because this would interfere with my life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. From the comments I have read at the bottom, this seems like nothing but rhetoric to get out of speeding tickets and other traffic violations.

There is no other reason why anyone should be object to having to go through the process of getting a license and a registration for their car (they are also helpful in solving crimes and catching offenders quickly as well as keeping them off the roadways).

There is no way you can convince me that if someone tried to take their traffic violation to the supreme court (which every person has the right to try and do) that it would be overturned because of anything stated in this article.

Just because there are regulations and laws does not mean it's not a right. There are laws and regulations for many things, doesn't make them any less of a right. I have no problem with traffic laws and am not saying there should be none. You misunderstand my point. It is simply that driving is a right.

SteelCityMom
08-03-2009, 08:55 PM
I say you got pulled over for DWI

Driving While Innocent

Don't take that crap - I'd sue that cop, their city and everyone in sight for profiling (doesn't matter - pick a category) - go to a shrink and get some documentation for mental distress.

Fire off some letters to the editor or let the local press in on your "breaking story".

Start out asking for $500,000, let them know you mean business.

LMFAO...it sounds like something someone would really do too!

SteelersinCA
08-03-2009, 08:57 PM
No, I get what your saying. You do have the right to operate a motor vehicle, but I've always seen it as more of a privilege b/c a privilege is something you have to earn (i.e taking a road test etc) and a privilege is something you can lose. A right to me is something that cannot be taken away from you, if that makes any sense. We probably don't disagree on the topic too much, just on the usage of the word right and privilege lol. I do see where you are coming from though.

Yes, I do not think we disagree greatly.

Fire Haley
08-03-2009, 09:00 PM
LMFAO...it sounds like something someone would really do too!

*Disclaimer - All my posts are for entertainment purposes only.
Do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law. Hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat.

Texasteel
08-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Cops went threw a spell like that here. They would put you over for speeding. Everyone speeds in Dallas. Then ask for permission to such the car. If you refused they would hold you there for an hour while they go a search warrant. Same all over bud.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-03-2009, 09:02 PM
I used to work at Target and I started work at 4:00 AM every day.

Every day I got pulled over by the same two cops.

I had my kaki pants, red shirt, and name tag on. I was accused of driving drunk, I was accused of robbing houses (in a red shirt, kaki pants, and my name on the shirt at that).

After my first day, I had to leave my house at 3:00 AM for what is no more than a 15 minute drive when it's a busy time of travel. If I left any later, those two pricks would make me late for work.

---------------

Another fun one was when I didn't have a car and had to walk to and from the library if I wanted to use the internet. One day I walked out wearing my kaki pants (went to library straight from my current job), my Steelers winter coat, and my Steelers winter hat (yellow side out).

I guess some kids were stealing car stereos out of the cars at the local middle school during a basketball game. The cop watched me leave the library and then cross the street. He then stopped me, made me remove my coat and hat, searched me, and then made me sit in the snow without my coat and hat while he ran my info.

He then questioned me why I was walking when I had a valid drivers license and then he didn't believe that I didn't have a car at the moment. So he started giving me shit over walking home from the library.

So yeah. Not all cops are dicks, but there are too many cops that are.

steelpinstripe72
08-04-2009, 06:34 PM
And I'm sure that's the whole story.

If you're trying to imply my brother was drunk or something at the time, you can just cut that out, because he doesn't drink. We actually think the police were looking for drugs at the time.

atlsteelers
08-05-2009, 12:44 PM
another great cop story.
Newnan officer charged with child molestation

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

A Newnan police officer was arrested Tuesday on charges of child molestation.

Todd Lengsfeld, 34, is accused of having a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old girl, Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesman John Bankhead said Wednesday.

On July 27, the Newnan Police Department opened an internal investigation into Lengsfeld’s off-duty activities, said Newnan Police spokeswoman Officer Gina Snider.

The investigation focused on Lengsfeld’s inappropriate contact with a female juvenile by use of a cell phone issued to him for official business by the Newnan Coweta Crime Suppression Unit.

The investigation revealed Lengsfeld was violating several Newnan Police and City of Newnan personnel policies, and that his conduct may have been criminal in nature.

GBI was contacted on July 28 to investigate the possibility of criminal activity.

Lengsfeld was placed on paid administrative leave, pending the outcome of the internal investigation and the criminal investigation.

On Tuesday, Lengsfeld was terminated for internal policy violations.

He was an 11-year veteran of the Newnan Police Department.

SteelersinCA
08-05-2009, 02:14 PM
We could spend all day posting "bad cop" stories. likewise we could spend all day posting bad doctor, lawyer accountant, librarian or any other job. Police are human and as such they are not immune to the human condition.

Fire Haley
08-05-2009, 02:24 PM
That still doesn't change the fact the guy was pulled over for going 5mph over the speed limit.

Musta been quota time - fill the pockets of the judges and courts. - that's what that is.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-05-2009, 02:25 PM
We could spend all day posting "bad cop" stories. likewise we could spend all day posting bad doctor, lawyer accountant, librarian or any other job. Police are human and as such they are not immune to the human condition.

I have a bad librarian story....but .....uh....I will have to send it in a private message.

atlsteelers
08-05-2009, 02:25 PM
about the only seperating a crimminal from a cop is the badge and thats my friend quote and he is a cop

Fire Haley
08-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Is that English? Are you drunk?

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-05-2009, 02:27 PM
That still doesn't change the fact the guy was pulled over for going 5mph over the speed limit.

Musta been quota time - fill the pockets of the judges and courts. - that's what that is.

Except.... (he wasn't issued a ticket) :hunch:

SteelersinCA
08-05-2009, 02:39 PM

There are definitely quotas, but still there are bad people everywhere.

SteelersinCA
08-05-2009, 02:41 PM
I have a bad librarian story....but .....uh....I will have to send it in a private message.

Only if she's hot and it comes with pictures what's that you say? Wrong kind of bad? My mistake :chuckle::drink:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Only if she's hot and it comes with pictures what's that you say? Wrong kind of bad? My mistake :chuckle::drink:

:chuckle:

Fire Haley
08-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Except.... (he wasn't issued a ticket) :hunch:

The pullover was a fishing expedition, that's all there was to it.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-05-2009, 03:12 PM
The pullover was a fishing expedition, that's all there was to it.

I understand that...and stated as much earlier. Just saying that in this case, it cant be "filling any pockets" if they never issued a ticket.

Fire Haley
08-05-2009, 03:14 PM
They were hoping for a DUI - that's thousands of bucks in the pockets.

J Dogg
08-06-2009, 09:09 AM
about the only seperating a crimminal from a cop is the badge and thats my friend quote and he is a cop

Then your friend is a piece of crap.

J Dogg
08-06-2009, 09:12 AM
If you're trying to imply my brother was drunk or something at the time, you can just cut that out, because he doesn't drink. We actually think the police were looking for drugs at the time.

What I'm saying is that your brother has one, very limited, version of the story. I guess your mother never told you there were three versions of every story. Your version, their version, and the truth.

steelpinstripe72
08-06-2009, 10:23 PM
What I'm saying is that your brother has one, very limited, version of the story. I guess your mother never told you there were three versions of every story. Your version, their version, and the truth.

Very limited? He was there...having his license run, getting searched and getting his car searched. It happened to him. It's not like I'm telling you what he told me what someone else told him.

J Dogg
08-07-2009, 08:16 AM
Very limited? He was there...having his license run, getting searched and getting his car searched. It happened to him. It's not like I'm telling you what he told me what someone else told him.

Wow you're dense.

Three sides to every story sister. His version, their version, and the truth.

HometownGal
08-07-2009, 08:27 AM
This thread is still going? :jawdrop:

Geez - CS85 probably forgot about it by now. :banging: