PDA

View Full Version : Stuff to think about.

rgleason
01-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Of course everyone will talk about the Troy interception (which will know take the place in your memory of the Detroit "Heads" inciden), and rightfully so. However, other calls to think about:
- The Offsides Mulligan. Oh yeah, remember this episode. After lining up, the entire Colts Defense jumps off and begin to point, claiming a false start. The refs stop the play, even though no false start was called. Of course, this only came after a very bad spot of a Jerome run that should have been a first. However, we did get a good spot on the Fourth down. Bottom line, Indy has nothing to complain about.
- Randel El's PI. He was complaining all game, but this time he was right. Need an explanation, would have most likely ended with a field goal.
- The Near Safety. Looked like a safety to me, but the replay was close. Refs probably made the right call.

Special Recognition
- McFadden - two great plays to stop the Colts at the end. On the Wayne throw, played it great, no PI, saved the game. A bright future with the Black and Gold.
- Heath - nothign new. He showed it during the Regular season.
- Willie P - got going eventually and it was big. Chewed up yards and clock. However, next week, we cant be doing this 2 and 12 stuff. Lets Willie going between tackles.
- O Line - started opening up some huge holes. Plus, NO FALSE STARTS. Huge. Needed their A - game today when it mattered and they delivered.
- Troy - Ok without a doubt one of the best, hgihest impact Defense players in the league (not just secondary players). He was giving Peyton headaches all game, had an INT stolen (maybe two). This is only his second full year starting, but if he keeps on doing this stuff next year, would it be crazy to start using the word Canton? I think he's that special and has that potential.
- Ben -he might not be going to Hawaii, but its clear he is a special kind of player. Starting to become Playoff tested. Has surpassed all contemporaries for time being(Eli, Rivers, Carr, Leftwich).
- Hampton - disrupting, wreaking havoc.
- Porter - ditto, backed up his words. Dont expect to him to be quiet this week either.

Brady12
01-15-2006, 05:59 PM
I'm gonna reply to your notes, in order:

Yeah, after I saw the reply, you could tell Faneca moved, and it should've been false start.

I agree on PI, they were off on those ones.

I believe I saw Manning's knee go down just outside the endzone, and it's not if you tackle him into the endzone, it's where you originally hit him, and of course thats the forward progress rule.

Your individual player recognitions are all good as well.

clevestinks
01-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Even if Faneca moved, the refs never saw it, yet Indy jumping off sides was blatant, and the refs threw the flags, and stop the game. If you only seen the Indy offsides, then call it! There is no such thing as a no call. Not when defenders all jump over the line and touch the other players. False starts are often missed. The refs sucked.

chumley
01-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Yeah that "no call" will forever make no sense... I mean you stop play, something has to happen.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2006, 07:59 PM
that was about the wierdest call I ever saw.. the colts jumped, they stopped play , and nobody could explain why.

Milkman
01-15-2006, 08:31 PM
Even if Faneca moved, the refs never saw it, yet Indy jumping off sides was blatant, and the refs threw the flags, and stop the game. If you only seen the Indy offsides, then call it! There is no such thing as a no call. Not when defenders all jump over the line and touch the other players. False starts are often missed. The refs sucked.

Well said. Just because we saw it on a "replay" that Faneca moved (or was that twitched?), the refs never threw the flag for a false start. On the other hand, everyone and their brother did see the Colts D-line come over the neutral zone and touch the Steelers O-lineman. After the Colts did that, the refs stopped the play to say it was a "no-call"?

Bad zebras all weekend. Oh well, on to Denver!!! :helmet: