PDA

View Full Version : Long shot at WR

devilsdancefloor
08-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Sounds like3 a steeler kind of guy, but man we are loaded with great guys like that. i hope they find a place for the guy!

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_636494.html

J Dogg
08-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Funny how Dallas Baker went from whipping boy to key part of the receiver rotation in one off season.

Anyway....speed is vastly overrated. Jerry Rice wasn't fast, he was smart and ran great routes. If you have good hands and can run good routes, you can play receiver at any level.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Nice find on the article. Good read.

As for Dallas Baker.....I always thought he was the new Walter Young.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Nice find on the article. Good read.

As for Dallas Baker.....I always thought he was the new Walter Young.

...soon to be the Old Pittsburgh WR.

mulldog24
08-03-2009, 03:25 PM
So if this guy makes the team are we gonna start chanting " RUUUDY RUUUDY RUUUDY" ?:rofl::toofunny::laughing:

J Dogg
08-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Why?

The guy can play. Look at his college stats.

Unless it's because he's white and that's a really bad joke.

4n2t0
08-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Jerry Rice wasn't fast, he was smart and ran great routes

You're right!

Jerry's specialty was separation/breakaway speed. DB's had no problem covering Jerry, until the ball was in the air. When the ball touched Jerry's hands he was 2 - 3 yards clear, simply amazing to watch.

Now if only we can find another player like Rice, yeah right.

J Dogg
08-03-2009, 04:07 PM
It's about burst and quickness. Always has been and always will be.

TO isn't especially fast. Hines Ward isn't especially fast.

Pure speed is a plus on special teams, but other than that you want smart disciplined players. That's why Wes Welker is so freaking good.

Steel5586
08-03-2009, 04:43 PM
He will make the pactice squad at best........too much in front of him.

HometownGal
08-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Hey - more power to Grisham for wanting to work hard to try to make the team. :thumbsup: :drink: He knows up front that he's a longshot but he's going to keep on keepin' on. Good for him.

J Dogg
08-03-2009, 05:04 PM
He will make the pactice squad at best........too much in front of him.

Too much in front of him? That's a joke right?

Dallas Baker = couldn't break the rotation last year.

Wallace = untested rookie

Limas Sweed = see Dallas Baker

Give me a guy who can work underneath and catch what's thrown to him. The only two guys ahead of him on the depth chart who have shown anything are the starters.

tony hipchest
08-03-2009, 05:26 PM
im pretty sure wallace makes it. we dont typically cut or try to stash 3rd rounders on the PS. sounds like he is impressing...

Mike Wallace just beat Burnett by 5 yards to haul in bomb. Fastest Wr in team history.

Ty Carter rocked Wallace over middle in 7 on 7. Wallace held on and got up to run. Looked like ASmith all over again.

as per jim wexell.

J Dogg
08-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Impressing in camp is one thing. Let's see how the two of them play in full speed games.

To write him off now is stupid. Maybe he makes it and maybe he doesn't. But there's nobody right ahead of him who's done anything to nail down a spot to this point.

Sharkissle29
08-03-2009, 05:54 PM
I always liked Grisham in college...what a find it would be if he somehow sees the field