PDA

View Full Version : Stapleton hurt?

Fire Haley
08-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Wexell: Tomlin commented that team is looking at Stapleton and will have update for us tomorrow. Sounds ominous.

http://twitter.com/jimwexell

tony hipchest
08-03-2009, 06:56 PM
:chuckle: are you getting hooked?

i am. twitter "news"/rumors RULE!

The Big Legursky started at center with Stapleton getting treatment on knee. Not a good sign for young Darnell's long term.

about 6 hours ago from txt

wexell is a good source. he actually has access to the players and coaches, and his acct is a good one to follow. (said ramon foster looked like a "keeper" playing lg)

Fire Haley
08-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Yeah - as long as I know who's putting out the story, I'll listen.

Listening is not believing.

tony hipchest
08-03-2009, 08:59 PM
im gonna see if i can talk HTG into twitting us SF faithful while she visits camp. :noidea:

word is sepulveda is booming rocket balls and reed can kick a ball through andrea mcnuttys gap teef from 30 yds away.

inquiring minds wanna know.

Fire Haley
08-03-2009, 10:28 PM
I demand 24hr non-stop coverage from our cub reporters.

Get cracking

Fire Haley
08-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Uh-oh!

Steelers Notebook: Stapleton's knee requires more evaluation

Offensive lineman Darnell Stapleton watched afternoon practice from the top of a hill at Saint Vincent College for the second consecutive day yesterday as he awaited word on what might be wrong with his ailing left knee.

Stapleton, the Steelers' starting right guard, had an MRI, but coach Mike Tomlin said more tests need to be conducted before doctors determine either what is wrong or what to do about it.

"Still evaluating Darnell Stapleton to see where he is," Tomlin said after practice. "He did have an MRI, but we're getting some more work done, some other things looked at. When we're ready to talk about that, I will."

Stapleton had fluid on his knee after apparently injuring it Sunday during practice. He has not been on the field the past two days. Normally, slightly injured players watch from the practice field with their teammates.

Stapleton started 15 games at right guard through the Super Bowl after veteran Kendall Simmons blew out an Achilles tendon in the third game. Stapleton opened training camp at center because starting center Justin Hartwig has a right big toe injury.

Veteran backup tackle/guard Trai Essex has practiced with the first team at right guard.

With Hartwig and Stapleton out, Doug Legursky plays center with the first team and rookie A.Q. Shipley with the second.

http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/09217/988612-66.stm#ixzz0NKlO1zTw

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-05-2009, 02:40 PM
As much as I would like to see an upgrade at RG...I dont want to see Stapleton injured for the year. We need his depth and experience. If he is gone that leaves Kemo,Essex and the Rookie Urbik as the guards that will dress every week....other than those three Jeremy Parquet is the only other pure guard on the roster and I think he is camp fodder.

Fire Haley
08-05-2009, 03:00 PM
We can't afford any injuries in our weakest unit.

Run Ben Run

theplatypus
08-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Any updates on Stapleton?

Fire Haley
08-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Tomlin said after practice. "He did have an MRI, but we're getting some more work done, some other things looked at. When we're ready to talk about that, I will."

devilsdancefloor
08-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Ok i am gonna throw this out to all you "mach 5" followers :wink02: Do you think if it is serious Colon moves inside and capizzi plays RT? Is that a possiblity? Or am i just a hopeful thinker? I hope it isnt to serious i wouldnt want him gone for the year.:tt03::tt03:

Fire Haley
08-06-2009, 01:49 AM
Capizzi (aka -The Great White Hope) will never play a down.

Ruffneck525
08-06-2009, 03:03 AM
Essex has actually been starting at rg since day 1 of camp. He was going to be given a chance to beat out stapleton regardless. Now it looks like it's his job to lose.

KeiselPower99
08-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Offensive lineman Darnell Stapleton continues to watch practices and coach Mike Tomlin continues to shed little light about what is wrong with his second-year starter.

Stapleton has a left knee injury that has kept him from practicing since Sunday. He had at least one MRI (Monday), but Tomlin remains mum about what might be wrong with him.

"No new news with Stapleton," Tomlin said, and, when asked about him a second time, said, "Again, when I'm ready to talk, we'll talk about it."

Stapleton, who started 15 games at right guard through the Super Bowl last season, opened training camp at center for injured Justin Hartwig. Veteran backup tackle/guard Trai Essex has been at right guard and is likely to stay there, no matter what happens with Stapleton.

The problem for the Steelers is not at right guard, but with the versatility that Stapleton brings. Because he can play guard and center, he was the perfect swing man on game days even if he lost his starting job to Essex, who can play guard and tackle.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09218/988987-66.stm#ixzz0NPHfhIVi

Anyone have any more info on this? So it appears Essex is the RG and if Stapleton is out and Hartwig is still limited who gets the nod to run the first team? Legursky?? Oppurtunities are few but none could be greater then the one just created.

mulldog24
08-06-2009, 09:17 AM
I don't have any further info on this but the only options we have at center is Legursky and Shipley.

Fire Haley
08-06-2009, 10:31 AM
That's it - I refuse to put any more articles or post in the "Training Camp" forum.

Why even have it?

The Lakelander
08-06-2009, 10:49 AM
My hunch is that Stapleton likely has a sprain. Those big guys rarely tear an ACL. I've seen them frequently sprain an MCL though.

Sometimes it takes a few days for the swelling to subside before the MRI can reveal anything.

He may be worse off but I'm inclined to doubt it. Most ACL injuries are "felt" or even "heard" by the recipient. I haven't read or heard anything to that degree as yet.

If Darnell is out a few weeks or more, maybe this is the biggest blessing our O-line could have had? Legursky and Shipley are very likely the future anyways. Let's put them in a pressure situation and force their development. Hartwig will be back soon enough!

And I'm exstatic that Essex is getting his chance as a starter. He has put in plenty of sweat to get here!

I'm feeling pretty darn good about the o-line right now.

KeiselPower99
08-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Killer I apoligize for posting that over there. I shouldve looked and saw this.

Fire Haley
08-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Not your fault. I'm not a cop. Nobody listens when I post anything - I quit.

Fire Haley
08-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Wednesday, August 05, 2009
Posted by Dale Lolley

Still no news on Darnell Stapleton, which I guess is good news.

Stapleton was actually down the field at this afternoon's practice tossing the ball back and forth with running back Mewelde Moore, who was also sitting out.

Mike Tomlin, however, still isn't saying what the problem with Stapleton is, other than that it's a knee problem.

Tomlin is from the Bill Belichick school of talking about injuries. While Bill Cowher didn't want players talking about injuries, he was very transparent about them. If you asked about an injury, you usually got an honest answer.

Tomlin is much more guarded.

Is Stapleton done?

It's looking more and more likely as if guard Darnell Stapleton could be done for the season - or at least an extended period of time.

I spoke with right tackle Willie Colon this morning and he talked as if Stapleton could be lost to a knee injury, much the same way that punter Daniel Sepulveda was last year around this time.

Now Colon would neither confirm or deny that anything was up, but he talked about the 2009 season as if Stapleton would not be available.

Doesn't mean he knows anything special or he could just be thinking ahead in case it actually does happen.

But Stapleton was nowhere to be seen here today.

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

steelreserve
08-06-2009, 12:06 PM
The way I look at it, we've got Essex, Legursky, Shipley and Urbik who can make this an opportunity to prove themselves. And possibly Hills, Foster and Capizzi if it prompts the coaches to experiment with reshuffling the line. Between those seven guys, there's got to be at least one decent NFL lineman in there. So not only will we be OK -- odds are we'll help ourselves in the long run. You hate to see a guy get hurt, but if it has to be someone, better the iffy weakest-link guy than one of your star players.

Fire Haley
08-06-2009, 12:12 PM
"It appears Steelers offensive lineman Trai Essex (No. 79) will take over as the starter at right guard regardless of Darnell Stapleton's (No. 72) health."

wootawnee
08-06-2009, 12:28 PM
You guys dont even care about Darnell........Hope you get well soon dude.........Everybody gets hurt except Favre.........Tkae it easy bro......

Fire Haley
08-06-2009, 02:36 PM
You guys dont even care about Darnell

We don't even know what's wrong with him - mean ol Tomlin won't tell us.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Look at it this way. If he is hurt and cant go for the opener, then at least Trai Essex is getting a lot of reps there. If Stapleton does recover, well then he has something like 11 games experience from last year and should be able to catch up.

Face it, if the worst injury that happens this year is a knee to Darnell Stapleton, then its not the end of the world. I hope the kid can heal up.

stillers4me
08-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Steelers right guard to have surgery
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, August 6, 2009

Starting right guard Darnell Stapleton will undergo surgery on his right knee tomorrow, and Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said there is no timetable for his return.

Stapleton had been limited at the outset of training camp with swelling in his knee, and the 6-foot-3, 305-pounder had been staying off the knee during practices earlier this week. Stapleton, who started the final 15 games last season, stood with his teammates and watched practice this afternoon.

Trai Essex has been working with the first team in Stapleton's absence.

In other Steelers news, wide receiver Hines Ward practiced on a limited basis this afternoon. It was the first time Ward had practiced since last Saturday. Tomlin has been holding the veteran out of practice to give more work to the younger receivers.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_637125.html#

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Steelers right guard to have surgery
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, August 6, 2009

Starting right guard Darnell Stapleton will undergo surgery on his right knee tomorrow, and Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said there is no timetable for his return.

Stapleton had been limited at the outset of training camp with swelling in his knee, and the 6-foot-3, 305-pounder had been staying off the knee during practices earlier this week. Stapleton, who started the final 15 games last season, stood with his teammates and watched practice this afternoon.

Trai Essex has been working with the first team in Stapleton's absence.

In other Steelers news, wide receiver Hines Ward practiced on a limited basis this afternoon. It was the first time Ward had practiced since last Saturday. Tomlin has been holding the veteran out of practice to give more work to the younger receivers.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_637125.html#

Yeah, the P-G says he is getting the knee scoped, so it really might not be that bad. Hopefully just a meniscus.

stillers4me
08-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Yeah, the P-G says he is getting the knee scoped, so it really might not be that bad. Hopefully just a meniscus.

Didn't Ben have his knee scoped in the middle of the season we won XL? HJopefully not a long term issue with Stapleton.

MasterOfPuppets
08-06-2009, 06:42 PM
"It appears Steelers offensive lineman Trai Essex (No. 79) will take over as the starter at right guard regardless of Darnell Stapleton's (No. 72) health."
anyone wonder why essex wasn't able to start over stapleton last year ? :jawdrop: i mean while stapleton was on the PS, essex was on the roster... :noidea:

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Didn't Ben have his knee scoped in the middle of the season we won XL? HJopefully not a long term issue with Stapleton.

Cant remember exactly. I know he took a cheap shot to the knee by Luis Castillo of the Chargers that year. If its maybe a torn piece of meniscus causing the inflammation and irritation, then they can take out and clean up, then it won't be too long of a recovery. But, it could be a few other things too.

I think the timeline is gonna be at least 8 weeks if not longer by the sounds of it.

As for MOP's question, something tells me that the Steelers didnt want to play Essex last season at guard in case they needed an OT. If either Starks or Colon went down, they would have been left with only Capizzi or Hills to play OT. Stapleton got the guard job by default.

steelreserve
08-06-2009, 08:03 PM
As for MOP's question, something tells me that the Steelers didnt want to play Essex last season at guard in case they needed an OT. If either Starks or Colon went down, they would have been left with only Capizzi or Hills to play OT. Stapleton got the guard job by default.

Yeah, but if they ever needed Essex to fill in for Colon or Starks, why not just put Stapleton in at guard then, and move Essex over? Whatever, though; what they did worked well enough, and at least Essex is getting his shot this year. I've always thought pretty highly of him.

As for the main part, it sucks that Stapleton's injury sounds that severe. He wasn't great, but he's battle-tested and we knew we could at least count on him to be adequate.

Fire Haley
08-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Somebody needs to dig up a "B" list of FA guards still out there to sign.

Isn't' Jon Runyan still available?

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Yeah, but if they ever needed Essex to fill in for Colon or Starks, why not just put Stapleton in at guard then, and move Essex over? .

I think they would have only rather made 1 position change than 2 by having to move both Essex and Stapleton. Also, remember when Marvel Smith went down against the Jaguars, the first move to sub for him was not Starks, but rather Essex.

I think the staff last year wasnt sold that Starks was the #1 backup to Smith. I think they felt Essex was a better pass protector than Starks. Still, it sucks to see a Steeler injury, but good to see if Essex can actually get a start instead of being a career backup as a 3rd round pick.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-06-2009, 10:35 PM
It's nice to see Essex getting a shot, though I personally hope Urbik gets a true shot to win that position also.

SteelLloyd95
08-06-2009, 11:09 PM
I believe this is an upgrade by subtraction. Whenever Essex went in for Smith, I thought he played better than Smith. I know this is Guard not Tackle, but I think Essex has been getting a raw deal for a while and will be an upgrade. Now if he or Kemo gets injured, watch out, at least until Urbik learns his spot.

KeiselPower99
08-07-2009, 12:07 AM
Essex was a LT last year and had practiced there all preseason. He has had all this offseason to get adjusted to RG which it appears he has.

OneForTheToe
08-07-2009, 02:05 AM
Cant remember exactly. I know he took a cheap shot to the knee by Luis Castillo of the Chargers that year. If its maybe a torn piece of meniscus causing the inflammation and irritation, then they can take out and clean up, then it won't be too long of a recovery. But, it could be a few other things too.

I think the timeline is gonna be at least 8 weeks if not longer by the sounds of it.

I agree with that and it makes me wonder if the same thing won't happen this season. Essex is being given a chance, but that doesn't mean that he will start just because he is the best player at the position. Last year the Steelers thought so much of the back up LT position that they tagged Starks and left him on the bench. I believe they would like to do the same to Essex this year. Imagine if Essex, starting at RG, went down on the first play of the season? The entire season would then ride on Max Starks' health at that point.

I think the reason Essex is being touted as the probable starter is two-fold. First, Tomlin and the FO probably told him he would have a shot to start. Second, the Steelers might be waiting to see if someone else steps up and shows they can start at RG. I don't think that player will necessarily have to out play Essex, but just show he can handle the job. If no one does, then they might be forced to take a chance. Still, you have to have an experienced backup LT to protect your 102 million dollar quarterback.

mmalone
08-07-2009, 07:11 AM
Available List - Some may be gone already.

I think the Pats let one go yesterday too.
Al Johnson, but has an injury.....

Offensive Tackle
Levi Jones (LT) - Talented, long-time starter for the Bengals, but has suffered through various injuries over the past few years which have limited his play.
Mark Tauscher (RT) - May not be ready to play until after the regular season starts.
Jon Runyan (RT) - He still wants to play one to two years and should be ready to go by some time in August.
Jonas Jennings (LT/RT) - Oft-injured since he signed a big free-agent contract with the 49ers and probably is better off at right tackle because of his short arms.
Charles Spencer (LT/RT/G) - Very talented and versatile, but hasn't been the same after suffering a horrific leg/knee injury during his rookie season with the Texans. Recently signed with the UFL.
Kwame Harris (LT) - Marginal starter, but could be a solid backup for a team in need of a LT.
Jason Fabini (RT/G) - Can play probably at least three spots on the offensive line. Serviceable backup at this point in his career.
Wayne Gandy (LT) - Last word we had was that he still wanted to play.
Junius Coston (RT) - Fits in as a fourth tackle.
Rob Petitti (RT) - He was recently selected in the UFL draft.
Fred Miller (RT) - 36-year old tackle who probably will retire.
Kevin Sampson (RT) - Started his career off with the Kansas City Chiefs and has bounced around of late.

Guard
Kendall Simmons - 30-year old interior lineman who started 80 games in seven years for the Steelers. Could find a starting job if a team loses a guard during training camp.
Pete Kendall - He turns 36 early next month, but probably still has two good years left in him.
Terrence Metcalf - Had started 25 games in seven years with the Chicago Bears.
Edwin Mulitalo - Oft-injured interior lineman who could be a pretty solid backup at this point of his career.
Chris Naeole - Turns 35 at the end of the regular season and probably will retire.
Fred Weary - Former third-round pick of the Texans who could be a solid third guard.
Scott Peters - Basically a fourth guard.
Barry Stokes (RT/LT) - The 35-year old journeyman lineman has spent time with 10 teams in his career, but could find a new home before the regular

KeiselPower99
08-07-2009, 09:28 AM
Anyone wanna resign Kendall Simmons yet? There is alot of good linemen out there right now.

Fire Haley
08-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Anyone wanna resign Kendall Simmons yet?

Not yet.

I'll take this guy.

Jon Runyan (RT) - He still wants to play one to two years and should be ready to go by some time in August.

ummm...nevermind

Free agent OT Jon Runyan still hasn't been permitted to run on his recontructed right knee.

Runyan is still hoping to get back in the league and says the Eagles remain his first choice. Considering how unreliable Shawn Andrews is and the fact the Winston Justice is running with the first team, the Birds could probably use Runyan. But it sounds like the 35-year-old is still a ways off from being ready to play.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20090807_Injuries_plague_Eagles__Andrews_brothers. html

steelreserve
08-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Anyone wanna resign Kendall Simmons yet? There is alot of good linemen out there right now.

Heh, I wonder if we did that, would we get our dead money back and just pay him with that? Has that ever happened?

In all seriousness, though, I think we'll be OK for depth even if something happens to Essex. We've got Urbik behind him at guard, and also the option of moving Hartwig to guard with Legursky or Shipley at center. Or moving Colon to guard and subbing in one of our backup tackles.

Yeah, none of our backup OTs are proven yet, but we've got a ton of them this year, so I bet we've got at least one who's serviceable.

OneForTheToe
08-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Heh, I wonder if we did that, would we get our dead money back and just pay him with that? Has that ever happened?

In all seriousness, though, I think we'll be OK for depth even if something happens to Essex. We've got Urbik behind him at guard, and also the option of moving Hartwig to guard with Legursky or Shipley at center. Or moving Colon to guard and subbing in one of our backup tackles.

Yeah, none of our backup OTs are proven yet, but we've got a ton of them this year, so I bet we've got at least one who's serviceable.

I agree with you about guard and center, but I am worried about depth at tackle. We have a total of three tackles who have ever started an NFL game. More importantly, I only see two players the Steelers can start at LT that will not make my ticker go into a fib. Hopefully Capizzi or Hills step up but ........

One of the factors that is killing our depth is that, in the past, there have been other players on the starting o'line who could move to LT in a pinch (I'm not counting Essex here because he is the number one backup LT already). IIRC Marvel Smith started his career on the right side, but always had the skills to play LT. Similarly, Faneca added depth to the LT spot by being able to slide out to the left in a bind. While I have been convinced (brainwashed) to join the Willie Colon fan club (now referred to as the El Gonzonites), with those short arms, Willie will never be a LT. Likewise, Chris K has about as much chance of playing LT as Micheal Vick does.

So, in conclusion, may Max Starks eat lots of chunky soup and stay healthy.:drink:

MasterOfPuppets
08-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Somebody needs to dig up a "B" list of FA guards still out there to sign.

Isn't' Jon Runyan still available?
there ya go...

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents.php

mmalone
08-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Alex Stepanovich, a six-year veteran who played for the Atlanta Falcons last season, and rookie Alex Derenthal of Temple both worked out for the team today. However, both left the Saint Vincent campus at mid-afternoon, heading back to the Pittsburgh airport.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09219/989347-100.stm#ixzz0NX6aJcRR

Fire Haley
08-07-2009, 05:39 PM
So much for that. We need camp meat.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Damnit...this makes me wish we could clone Mike Webster.

Mike Webster would cut off his toe and be back in practice after 10 minutes.

Fire Haley
08-07-2009, 06:37 PM
"both left the Saint Vincent campus at mid-afternoon, heading back to the Pittsburgh airport"

Back to the bargain basement bin.

We don't need no stinkin' O-line

Run Ben Run

J Dogg
08-07-2009, 06:45 PM
I guess this bodes well for A.Q. making the 53 man roster.

The Definiti0n
08-07-2009, 06:48 PM
LETS GO ROOK! Time for Urbrik and Shipley to step in just like Ben did his rookie year after and injury. We have a great coaching staff and awesome vet leadership so those guy will do just fine.

gaysteelerfan
08-07-2009, 08:01 PM
I am pretty convinced that Stapleton is done for the season. We will need more depth at this position than Urbik and Essex.

mesaSteeler
08-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Sepulveda says he's punting better than ever
http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/news/state/pennsylvania/20090807_ap_sepulvedasayshespuntingbetterthanever. html
The Associated Press

LATROBE, Pa. - Daniel Sepulveda continues to boom punts in the Pittsburgh Steelers training camp, a strong comeback a year after ACL surgery.

"This is the best I have ever punted in my life," Sepulveda said Friday.

A former two-time Ray Guy Award winner as the nation's best college punter and a player the Steelers traded up to draft in the fourth round two years ago, Sepulveda is a welcome re-addition to the reigning Super Bowl champions. One of the team's few weaknesses last year was the punting game.

Sepulveda said he he feels fine and is fully recovered.

mmalone
08-07-2009, 09:28 PM
I am pretty convinced that Stapleton is done for the season. We will need more depth at this position than Urbik and Essex.
this may be just a bone chip clean out. not a torn alc, mcl....
recovery is quicker

Preacher
08-07-2009, 10:03 PM

As others have said, I think it just depends on what exactly was wrong.

I had that Meniscus surgery. It took me 3 weeks to get off the crutches, start walking on it, driving, etc. But it felt unstable for upwards of a year.

Of course, I didn't have state of the art rehab facilities 24-7 available to me either, so we'll see.

But yeah, i am worried about this too and wouldn't mind seeing us pull a couple guys into camp. Heck, Simmons knows the system... see if he wouldn't mind coming and competing with a couple other guys for a backup spot.

Preacher
08-07-2009, 10:04 PM
this may be just a bone chip clean out. not a torn alc, mcl....
recovery is quicker

We can only hope... but yeah, that WOULD be nice!

Fire Haley
08-07-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm thinking more like Stapleton has some loose cartilege floating around in his knee - they're going to scope it and clean it up.
Hopefully he can still make it back in a month or so.

Fire Haley
08-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Friday that RG Darnell Stapleton (knee surgery) is not a candidate for injured reserve.

Tomlin revealed that Stapleton's surgery was exploratory in nature, and the team will know more in two weeks. Earlier reports indicated that Stapleton's injury was worse than expected and that he could be lost for the season.

http://twitter.com/jimwexell/status/3186686070

SteelersTilIDie
08-07-2009, 10:31 PM
out 2 weeks with arthroscopic knee surgery

stillers4me
08-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Friday that RG Darnell Stapleton (knee surgery) is not a candidate for injured reserve.

Tomlin revealed that Stapleton's surgery was exploratory in nature, and the team will know more in two weeks. Earlier reports indicated that Stapleton's injury was worse than expected and that he could be lost for the season.

http://twitter.com/jimwexell/status/3186686070

You beat me to it. I'm just glad you posted a link to Twitter instead of me. :sofunny:

Fire Haley
08-07-2009, 10:35 PM
I trust Wex - he usually has the inside poop.

stillers4me
08-07-2009, 10:39 PM
I trust Wex - he usually has the inside poop.

yep....I've been following him every day.

Preacher
08-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Yeah, that really is the issue with Twitter...

1. Knowing the person is who they say they are and

2. Knowing that they are posting good info.

I don't like losing him that long. Seems we are getting back on the roller coaster.

Fire Haley
08-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Steelers Notebook: Good news on Stapleton after surgery

Saturday, August 08, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers worked out two free-agent centers yesterday at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe, and they received some good news on the injured left knee of Darnell Stapleton.

Coach Mike Tomlin said after practice last night at Latrobe Stadium that Stapleton will miss "a couple of weeks" after arthroscopic surgery on his left knee yesterday.

Tomlin called it "exploratory surgery" and said they would let him rest for two weeks and see how his body responds. Tomlin ruled out placing Stapleton on injured reserve, which would end his season.

http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/09220/989535-66.stm#ixzz0NeLylDIC

KeiselPower99
08-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Who was the 2 centers? How long is Hartwig gonna be down also?

mmalone
08-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Who was the 2 centers? How long is Hartwig gonna be down also?

Alex Stepanovich, a six-year veteran who played for the Atlanta Falcons last season, and rookie Alex Derenthal of Temple both worked out for the team today. However, both left the Saint Vincent campus at mid-afternoon, heading back to the Pittsburgh airport.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09219...#ixzz0NX6aJcRR

hartwig was talking about next week.