PDA

View Full Version : FL to secede from Obamacare?

Fire Haley
08-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Oh yeah - it's ON.

Florida seeks to secede from the federal health care reform union

The Tenth Amendment Center.com reported on Wednesday that the Florida legislature has introduced a state constitutional amendment HJR37 which would “protect” Floridians from any federal government “imposed” health care regulations. The proposed amendment was introduced by Florida State Senator Carey Baker R-Eustis and State Representative Scott Plakon R-Longwood.

HJR37 would protect Floridians and Florida businesses from the ability of any new federal law to impose demands, restrictions or penalties on health care choices on Floridians.

http://www.examiner.com/x-18527-Broward-County-Liberal-Examiner~y2009m7d30-Florida-seeks-to-secede-from-the-federal-health-care-reform-union

---------------------------------

Viva la resistance!

MasterOfPuppets
08-03-2009, 10:47 PM
so in responce the feds will just threaten to cut state funding. kinda like on speedlimit laws... they simply said comply or pay for your own roads ...:noidea:

JEFF4i
08-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Supremecy clause. It's a cute gesture, but ultimately meaningless.

Someone will sue the Florida over this, lose, and waste taxpayer money.

X-Terminator
08-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Nah, all they'll do is say that this bill is proof that Republicans want to kill Grandma and Grandpa, and it'll be DOA.

:coffee:

:jerkit:

:banging:

7SteelGal43
08-03-2009, 11:48 PM
Oh yeah - it's ON.

Florida seeks to secede from the federal health care reform union

The Tenth Amendment Center.com reported on Wednesday that the Florida legislature has introduced a state constitutional amendment HJR37 which would “protect” Floridians from any federal government “imposed” health care regulations. The proposed amendment was introduced by Florida State Senator Carey Baker R-Eustis and State Representative Scott Plakon R-Longwood.

HJR37 would protect Floridians and Florida businesses from the ability of any new federal law to impose demands, restrictions or penalties on health care choices on Floridians.

http://www.examiner.com/x-18527-Broward-County-Liberal-Examiner~y2009m7d30-Florida-seeks-to-secede-from-the-federal-health-care-reform-union

---------------------------------

Viva la resistance!

Actually, I think Tennessee has gotten in on that action too. Viva la resistance indeed !!

revefsreleets
08-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Interesting idea...but it will fail.

States Rights are dead, and if you try to revive them, you'll be branded a racist...

stlrtruck
08-04-2009, 09:59 AM
States Rights are dead, and if you try to revive them, you'll be branded a racist...

I've already been accused of that more times than I care to remember so I might as well try something else to up the ante! :noidea:

Hammer67
08-04-2009, 02:07 PM
It's about time the states step in and take care of some business. We are a republic for pete's sake.

Even if it is a meaningless gesture...a gesture is a start.