PDA

View Full Version : Gunman Kills 4 at L.A. Fitness in Bridgeville

HometownGal
08-04-2009, 08:56 PM
OMFG - the loonies are everywhere! :jawdrop: :shake02: Latest report is that 4, including the gunman, are dead, possibly 15 others shot and of those, 5 women who were in the aerobics class in critical condition at Mercy Hospital. My heart and prayers go out to these innocent victims. Great Southern Shopping Center is about 8 miles from my house. :horror: It's a crying freakin' shame that you can't even work out without having to fear for your life. :screwy:

http://kdka.com/local/LA.fitness.shooting.2.1114954.html

Allegheny County Police: Four Dead After Shooting
COLLIER TOWNSHIP (KDKA)

Allegheny County Police tell KDKA four people are dead after a shooting at a health club in Collier Township.

Dispatchers tell KDKA they received a call that eight to 10 people were shot at the LA Fitness at 1155 Washington Pike.

The shooter is also reportedly dead, according to County Police.

Witnesses say dozens of police cars and ambulances are at the scene.

A witness at the center says the shooter reportedly entered the gym through a rear door.

He then reportedly entered the cardio room, turned out the lights and began to fire.

Six people were taken to Mercy Hospital. Two people have been taking to Allegheny General Hospital. One person was taken to St. Clair Hospital.

HometownGal
08-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Here is the latest:

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/20283352/detail.html

BRIDGEVILLE, Pa. -- Four people are confirmed dead after a shooting at the LA Fitness gym in Bridgeville, emergency officials told WTAE Channel 4 Action News. Witnesses described seeing people covered in blood in a shooting that may have involved more than one location.

Shortly after 8:15 p.m., dozens of police cars and ambulances were called to the gym at the Great Southern Shopping Center at 1155 Washington Pike.

Emergency officials said as many as 15 people may have been involved, but their conditions were not immediately known. WTAE Channel 4 Action News has received reports that victims were being transported to St. Clair Hospital.

Witnesses told a WTAE Channel 4 Action News crew first at the scene that a man unrecognized by the gym's staff turned off lights and shot people in a Latin dance class in the aerobics center at the time of the shooting.

A woman in the class at the time of the shooting, identified as Nicole, told WTAE Channel 4 Action News that the class had started about 10 minutes before the gunfire.

She said about 30 people -- all women -- were in the class when "a middle-aged white male walked into the class. He had a big gym bag."

"He looked out of place in a class full of women," according to the witness, who said the man put his bag down, turned the lights off and opened fire.

The woman said she ran out of the gym as quickly as she could and got into a stranger's car to escape the gunfire.

WTAE Channel 4's Shannon Perrine was told the gym was well attended at the time of the shooting, possibly by as many as 100 people. Witnesses said people inside the gym took off running amid the gunshots.

Former WTAE Channel 4 Action News photographer Gary O'Data said at 9:10 p.m. that the entire shopping center was shut down. He reported seeing as many as 15 ambulances and at least 20 police cars. Clerks at neighboring stores told WTAE Channel 4 Action News that they locked their doors as a precaution.

"They have the back, front and all four corners of the building cordoned off," WTAE Channel 4's Scott Stiller reported from Sky 4.

Stiller reported seeing a police response from Bridgeville, Scott Township, Collier Township, Upper St. Clair and Mount Lebanon, among others. Allegheny County police and officials from the Medical Examiner's Office were also called to the scene.

The gym had just opened last summer after a large fire gutted a portion of the shopping center.

WTAE Channel 4 Action News crews are at the scene, and information continues to come into the newsroom.

stillers4me
08-04-2009, 09:01 PM
That's scary. Nobody's safe anywhere anymore.

SteelCityMan786
08-04-2009, 09:26 PM
I just heard about this just recently and I'm in great shock. Thoughts and Prayers to the victims and their families and may those that passed away enjoy a greater place away from this earth.

SteelCityMan786
08-04-2009, 09:30 PM
KDKA now confirms that 5 are dead. 10 are wounded.

HometownGal
08-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Just heard on WTAE that the instructor of the Latin dance class was one of those shot by the gunman and she was/is pregnant. No one knows yet if she is one of the fatalities.

There are unconfirmed reports that this was as a result of a love triangle.

SteelCityMan786
08-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Also according to a KDKA Report, it appears that the shooter was recently dumped by his girlfriend and shot her along with others in the club.

SteelCityMan786
08-04-2009, 09:51 PM
KDKA now confirms 6 are dead.

JackHammer
08-04-2009, 09:57 PM
People are fked up. It's a damn shame to see such a piece of $hit take out his problems on innocent people.

devilsdancefloor
08-04-2009, 10:24 PM
very sad indeed! My heart and prayer go out to those effected

X-Terminator
08-04-2009, 11:45 PM
A love triangle? Are you freaking kidding me??? Getting dumped is a reason to go and shoot up an aerobics class full of innocent people???

Seriously, people are screwed up in the head.

My thoughts and prayers to all of the victims and their families. Just a very tragic event.

Oh, and I'm sorry, but I have to say it...this is just another reason to stay single. Love ain't worth dying over.

Galax Steeler
08-05-2009, 04:08 AM
This is some bad news. I just can't figure out what people are thinking sometimes. So many innocent lives were lost.

HometownGal
08-05-2009, 06:56 AM
The crazy bastard who murdered these people has been identified:

http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/20/2009/08/05/320x240/george_sodini.jpg

http://kdka.com/local/LA.fitness.shooting.2.1114954.html

Police: 4 People Killed In LA Fitness Shooting

Shooter Reportedly Turned Off Lights In Cardio Room, Started Shooting
COLLIER TOWNSHIP (KDKA)

Four people are confirmed dead and nine others were wounded when a gunman opened fire inside the L.A. Fitness in Collier Township Tuesday night.

The shooting happened shortly after 8 p.m.

Published reports identify the gunman as 48-year-old George Sodini from Scott Township.

KDKA-TV has learned that Sodini was keeping an online diary where it appears as if he was planning the shooting for about nine months. He also detailed on the site how he attempted to carry out the shooting once before, but backed out.

The gunman, who was carrying a bag with him, reportedly turned off the lights in a workout room and started shooting.

KDKA-TV's Brenda Waters learned that two women died at the scene and a third later died while being transported to St. Clair Hospital.

Police estimate that the gunman fired at least 50 rounds in the cardio room.

KDKA-TV's David Hall has learned that five women were taken to UPMC Mercy Hospital after the shooting. At this time, three of those women are listed in serious condition. The other two remain in critical condition.

At this point, the official count of the victims is fluid.

"We're still in the infancy stage of the investigation. We have four confirmed deceased. We have at least 10 wounded in various hospitals around the area and that's basically what we have at this time," Moffatt said at a news conference late Tuesday evening.

All of the victims were found in the same room, according to county police.

Police say two guns were found at the scene, both legally registered to the shooter.

So far, the deceased have not been identified.

"As you can imagine in a fitness club, they don't have IDs on them. People are not there that know them, so we're having trouble identifying some of the people," Moffatt said.

"There's a good belief that the shooter is deceased," he added.

He would not comment on a motive.

"The problem with coming up with a motive at this point is we don't have people identified. So I hate to speculate what motive he might have been," Moffatt said.

Relatives of victims are being asked to report to the Bower Hill Volunteer Fire Department to receive information.

The police superintendant says at least 60 or 70 people were inside the gym during the shooting.

Eyewitnesses who have not spoken to police in addition to relatives wanting to know information should call 412-473-3000.

HometownGal
08-05-2009, 07:45 AM
think he has mommy and daddy issues.

On KDKA this morning, Brenda Waters reported that he had "women" issues and hated women because no one would date him or "give him the time of day". He was a fairly nice looking guy but obviously must have acted like a total loonbag around the ladies. :screwy:

X-Terminator
08-05-2009, 08:50 AM
On KDKA this morning, Brenda Waters reported that he had "women" issues and hated women because no one would date him or "give him the time of day". He was a fairly nice looking guy but obviously must have acted like a total loonbag around the ladies. :screwy:

Here is his online diary if anyone is interested in this twisted puke's thoughts. Apparently he was a total loser with the ladies, and it must've been their fault. No GF since 1983.

http://www.georgesodini.com/20090804.htm

OK, this is even MORE screwed up.

Women/girls haven't given me the time of day or wanted to date me since 1983 too. Going into a fitness club and shooting them up never entered my mind. :doh: What a complete nutjob :screwy:

HometownGal
08-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Here is his online diary if anyone is interested in this twisted puke's thoughts. Apparently he was a total loser with the ladies, and it must've been their fault. No GF since 1983.

http://www.georgesodini.com/20090804.htm

WOW!!! :jawdrop: What a demented soul. He should have just offed his miserable self instead of taking 3 innocent people with him. :mad:

SteelCityMan786
08-05-2009, 10:20 AM
OK, this is even MORE screwed up.

Women/girls haven't given me the time of day or wanted to date me since 1983 too. Going into a fitness club and shooting them up never entered my mind. :doh: What a complete nutjob :screwy:

I guess he never thought about going out and meeting new types of women. Maybe the ones he liked are repeling him.

Man am I glad I was taught how to move on if a woman didn't want to date me. Otherwise I don't know what I'd be like.