PDA

View Full Version : Pizza in new Dallas Stadium? Only $90...

revefsreleets
08-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Jerry Jones isn't a greedy dbag or anything...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-new-Dallas-Cowboys-Stadium-will-offer-90-pi?urn=nfl,180810

The colossal new Dallas Cowboys (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/dal/) Stadium is living proof that everything is bigger in Texas. The menu in the luxury suites proves that things there are more expensive too.Those enjoying a Cowboys game from a luxury suite at the new stadium will have to shell out $90 for pizza and $66 for a 12-pack of domestic beer, reports Steven Sipple of the Lincoln Journal World. (http://huskerextra.com/articles/2009/07/30/football/doc4a70d724e835b234473867.txt) Ninety bucks for pizza? That's almost as much of a rip-off as Roy Williams (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players?type=lastname&first=1&query=Roy+Williams&q=Roy+Williams).
It costs $800,000 per year to lease one of those luxury suites, a hefty sum that doesn't include game tickets. On the bright side, the stadium's official Web site says that "having your company's name on a suite makes an important statement about your success" (http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/suites/suiteInfo.cfm) and can help make an impression on clients. (Namely that they're paying you way too much money.)
As for the $90 pizza, that's the cost for a plain pizza. No word on how much each topping costs but, suffice it to say, if you're a fan of pepperoni you may want to consider refinancing your mortgage before you head down to watch the Cowboys.

GeneralRobinson
08-05-2009, 12:19 PM
That has to be a joke.

The_WARDen
08-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Are there deals like with Pizza Hut?

Buy 1 pizza get the 2nd for only $45?

steelreserve
08-05-2009, 12:28 PM
I wonder if it'll be like it is here at Warriors games in the Bay Area, where they pat you down for food as you walk in. No, seriously, they make you walk through the metal detectors first to check for weapons, but then after that, they actually make you open your jacket and whatnot to make sure you're not bringing in anything to eat and drink of your own. They'll literally have security pull you aside over a bag of peanuts and warn you that if they catch you doing it again, they'll tear up your season tickets.

And that's just to ensure you'll buy their $6 hot dogs and $10 pizzas. For a $90 pizza, I'd be surprised if they don't have their own militia at the turnstiles with machetes, and if they catch you smuggling in food, they cut off your right hand because it says so right there in the fine print on the back of the ticket.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Are there deals like with Pizza Hut?

Buy 1 pizza get the 2nd for only $45?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

atlsteelers
08-05-2009, 12:52 PM
this is a problem at nearly every stadium now.

they screw the fan every way the can

SteelersinCA
08-05-2009, 02:09 PM
I will say prices at Charger games are decent for pro sports. My wife and I had club seats, which is the only part of the stadium where they serve chicken fingers that happen to be the best chicken fingers I've ever had and they are only $9. $9 for 5 chicken fingers is not a bad deal.

Maybe if they get a new stadium they will get more expensive but $90 for pizza in moronic. Look how well the Yankees pricing worked.

MasterOfPuppets
08-05-2009, 02:29 PM
seriously though...if someone has the means to fork out 800 grand for for just the seating rights...i doubt paying 90 bucks for a pizza is gonna bother them much...:popcorn: < popcorn $29.95 ($ 8.00 extra for fake butter)

Galax Steeler
08-05-2009, 03:59 PM
I think I would have to wait till after the game before I gave 90 dollars for a pizza. I can go to Little Ceasars and get a large pepperoni for under 6 dollars.:doh:

SteelCityKing
08-05-2009, 04:10 PM
that's why i'd rather tailgate. =)

RoethlisBURGHer
08-05-2009, 04:46 PM
It's ludicrous what they charge for stuff at games.

I went to an Indians game the other month and I paid $7 for a beer, $4.25 for a bratwurst, and $4.75 for a large Pepsi.

SteelCityKing
08-05-2009, 05:25 PM
It's ludicrous what they charge for stuff at games.

I went to an Indians game the other month and I paid $7 for a beer, $4.25 for a bratwurst, and $4.75 for a large Pepsi.

it's $7.50 for a beer at PNC Park. i went there with $50 and came back with beer breath. i got 2 beers for me, 2 for my buddy for driving and i paid for parking. i didn't even get buzzed...but i did heckled Corey Hart from the Brewers! haha!

it's total bullshit how they rape you when it comes to food and drinks. that's why if you plan on going to a game...it's a no-brainer to pre-game and eat A LOT before you get there. tailgating is the way to go. =)

Stang909
08-05-2009, 05:52 PM
it's $7.50 for a beer at PNC Park. i went there with $50 and came back with beer breath. i got 2 beers for me, 2 for my buddy for driving and i paid for parking. i didn't even get buzzed...but i did heckled Corey Hart from the Brewers! haha!

it's total bullshit how they rape you when it comes to food and drinks. that's why if you plan on going to a game...it's a no-brainer to pre-game and eat A LOT before you get there. tailgating is the way to go. =)

other than beer though PNC's prices aren't that bad.

revefsreleets
08-05-2009, 05:52 PM
I smuggle a flask with 100 proof vodka into a lot of games. It gets increasingly difficult every season, and I'll stop the day they go to the "Pulp Fiction Watch Smuggling Check" policy...

But, in the meantime, eff 'em...I'll kick in a little here and there because I get that it's just the "price of doing business", but when you are buying 16 ounce cups of draft beer at the same prices you can buy a whole 12 pack just OUTSIDE the stadium, the same pitiful cup of beer which they themselves probably only paid a dime for...well, that's just wrong.

However, Jerry Jones has taken this to a whole new level. He'd tattoo Nike across his grandmothers corpse if he was paid enough. He represents ALL that is soulless and wrong with the NFL today...

I also disagree with the theory that "Rich people don't care how much it costs". Conspicuous consumption is one thing, but the richer the person, it usually has a direct one-to-one correlation with how nickel-and-dime cheap they are...

SteelCityKing
08-05-2009, 06:25 PM
I smuggle a flask with 100 proof vodka into a lot of games. It gets increasingly difficult every season, and I'll stop the day they go to the "Pulp Fiction Watch Smuggling Check" policy...

But, in the meantime, eff 'em...I'll kick in a little here and there because I get that it's just the "price of doing business", but when you are buying 16 ounce cups of draft beer at the same prices you can buy a whole 12 pack just OUTSIDE the stadium, the same pitiful cup of beer which they themselves probably only paid a dime for...well, that's just wrong.

However, Jerry Jones has taken this to a whole new level. He'd tattoo Nike across his grandmothers corpse if he was paid enough. He represents ALL that is soulless and wrong with the NFL today...

I also disagree with the theory that "Rich people don't care how much it costs". Conspicuous consumption is one thing, but the richer the person, it usually has a direct one-to-one correlation with how nickel-and-dime cheap they are...

that's funny, i say the same thing about the Yankees. and speaking of, their prices are out of this world too.

season ticket holders at PNC Park are allowed to bring their own food in. how great is that!? granted, it's the Pirates, but atleast you can enjoy a game with your own homecooked food.

call me crazy, but i'd rather pay $20 to get full and buzzed outside of the game...and then enjoy the game later without worrying about spending too much money.

SteelCityKing
08-05-2009, 06:28 PM
"he stuck that huge hunk of metal...up...his ass." haha!

i don't think i would stoop that low, but it's not out of the realm of possiblity. ha!

revefsreleets
08-05-2009, 06:32 PM
The sad thing is, those "Gook mothereffers" (quoting a movie here folks) never bothered to check...but I suspect it won't be too long before the rent-a-cops at Heinz (who are easily the most frustrated of all frustrated cop wannabe's, and therefore probably the most dangerous) start poking fingers up assholes...

SteelCityKing
08-05-2009, 06:35 PM
The sad thing is, those "Gook mothereffers" (quoting a movie here folks) never bothered to check...but I suspect it won't be too long before the rent-a-cops at Heinz (who are easily the most frustrated of all frustrated cop wannabe's, and therefore probably the most dangerous) start poking fingers up assholes...

not to sound like a total weirdo, but i always hope that if i ever needed searched for something like at an airport or whatever, i would have the worst case of diarreha or have really bad gas. then when they go to do a full caivity search...i blast them! haha! i wonder how much trouble you could get into for doing something like that!? ha!

honestly, Jerry Jones can have his $90 pizza...and let Romo choke on it like a playoff game. =)

RoethlisBURGHer
08-05-2009, 10:16 PM

I agree, tailgate (if possible) and then at the game you grab maybe one beer to nurse through the game and a hot dog or slice of pizza.

The_WARDen
08-06-2009, 09:44 AM
other than beer though PNC's prices aren't that bad.

except for the price of the tix considering the garbage you gotta watch..

stlrtruck
08-06-2009, 10:44 AM

As a former stadium operations manager, let me really set your mid in a whirl-wind of over priced concession products:

Beer
1985 oz in a keg
multiple kegs purchased = discounted prices
for sake of conversation, let's say $40 a keg
price per oz = .02 cents
price of cup (we'll use the 32oz souvenior cup) = .20 cents
cost of beer to team = .84 cents

20oz Plastic Beer Bottles
bottle = .65 cents (when bought in bulk which most stadiums do)

Hotdog
hotdog (w/bun) = .35 cents

Hamburger
meat = .40 cents (I'm guessing I don't remember this one as clearly as we changed our product in the last year)
cheese = .08 cents per slice
bun = .02
cost of hamburger to team = .42 cents
cost of cheeseburger to team = .50 cents

Soda
22oz regular cup = .02
syrup = .01 per oz
ice = .01 per cup
recognize that your cup is never filled without a large amount of ice unless requested
cost of soda to the team (even assuming a full cup of soda without ice) = .25 cents

Enjoy your meal the next time you go to the ballpark!

Ravnet
08-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Same shit as New Yankee Stadium.

revefsreleets
08-07-2009, 09:25 AM
The only thing I can think of MORE overpriced in this world is concessions at the movies: Popcorn has GOT to be marked up lie 10,000X...

HometownGal
08-07-2009, 09:39 AM
For 90 bucks a pop, that pizza damned well better have edible 14K gold crust. :horror:

stlrtruck
08-07-2009, 10:47 AM
The only thing I can think of MORE overpriced in this world is concessions at the movies: Popcorn has GOT to be marked up lie 10,000X...

The two most expensive things about popcorn is the energy used to pop it and the carton/bag to put it in

AllD
08-07-2009, 03:05 PM
For 90 bucks a pop, that pizza damned well better have edible 14K gold crust. :horror:

The pizza must be flown in from Rome and served by Sophia Loren.

Is it a 30" pizza, enough for 8 people?

What a business model, screw your best supporters.

MasterOfPuppets
08-07-2009, 04:32 PM
that pizza better be this big...

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/945/262163590896ec94af4.jpg (http://img196.imageshack.us/i/262163590896ec94af4.jpg/)

X-Terminator
08-07-2009, 06:42 PM
that's funny, i say the same thing about the Yankees. and speaking of, their prices are out of this world too.

season ticket holders at PNC Park are allowed to bring their own food in. how great is that!? granted, it's the Pirates, but atleast you can enjoy a game with your own homecooked food.

call me crazy, but i'd rather pay $20 to get full and buzzed outside of the game...and then enjoy the game later without worrying about spending too much money.

Anyone is allowed to bring food into PNC Park - you do not have to be a season ticket holder. That is the one great thing about going to games there, even if the product on the field stinks like a bum who hasn't had a shower in a year.

Anyway, is anyone really surprised that Jerry Jones would do this? The guy literally has no conscience. As much as people rip Bob Nutting (including myself), JJ truly cares about one thing and one thing only - his bottom line. He'd marry his money if he could...or at least if someone would pay him $10 million to do it.

Oh BTW, just to compare suite prices - the Pens are charging an average of $125,000 for a suite at the new arena, and their largest suite cost $250,000 - and all food is included in that price. $800,000 for a suite is just damn criminal.