PDA

View Full Version : This is beyond scary

Vincent
08-05-2009, 05:34 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mqfuZ7hiap0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mqfuZ7hiap0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

For those who were concerned about possible invasion of privacy under the Patriot Act - you will certainly want to watch this brief video VERY closely.

Do NOT go into the government website to look at this program, and "agree" to the privacy provisions! The “provisions” sign your computer and all files over to the government as their property, and by extension, everything on your property. Actually, it would be wise to not go to any gubmint website for ANY REASON.

What the Cash for Clunkers Program does is so scary it’s unbelievable...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqfuZ7hiap0

revefsreleets
08-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Whoops! I've already been there and done that...thank God I did it while at work.

By the way, making "cash for clunkers" permanent probably will happen. The eco-wacko's minimal threshold is to pull 75% of the current "gas guzzlers" off the road...at ANY cost.

beSteelmyheart
08-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Wow.:jawdrop:
That IS freaky!!!! Somehow it doesn't surprise me at all, though, our government being what it is.
I am a longtime fan of Glen Beck, he's always got some compelling stuff to talk about.

Edit: And they are not getting my stinky old Jeep!

SteelTalons
08-05-2009, 06:34 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mqfuZ7hiap0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mqfuZ7hiap0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

For those who were concerned about possible invasion of privacy under the Patriot Act - you will certainly want to watch this brief video VERY closely.

Do NOT go into the government website to look at this program, and "agree" to the privacy provisions! The “provisions” sign your computer and all files over to the government as their property, and by extension, everything on your property. Actually, it would be wise to not go to any gubmint website for ANY REASON.

What the Cash for Clunkers Program does is so scary it’s unbelievable...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqfuZ7hiap0

Pardon my french but this is...

BULLSHIT

Now good old, fake tears and fear mongering Beck has to twist the truth again doesn't he?!

Let me explain before you get your picket signs and try to impeach the president over this nonsense.

If you are a consumer visiting cars.gov (the "cash for clunkers" website) the Federal government cannot take control over your computer, nor will it ask permission to do so.
The "Terms of Use" statement to which Beck refers in this clip is not from cars.gov. Rather it is a login page for dealer transactions located at esc.gov.
The only people who can get login credentials for the esc.gov site are dealers who have been screened and registered for the "cash for clunkers" program.
To summarize: the page in question isn't on cars.gov and can only be used by dealers who have already registered. Consumers won't be impacted by any of this.

This is to keep the tabs on the dealers involved in this. So everyone knows who's doing what and to keep a record of the whole thing. And of course to see if any underhanded things are occurring.

So who's the liar? Your nonsense spewing "watchdog" or me? Of course no one here will go look at the site to verify this because Beck has made you all think its the end of your freedom the moment you do.

That Uncle Sam will monitor you from now till the day you die. :chuckle:

Vincent
08-05-2009, 06:36 PM
I am fairly confident he will be a one termer, but the scary thing is how much damage he can do in the next 3.5 yrs. Look at what has changed in 6 months.

I pray to God you're right.

My larger fear is that they have the apparati in place to steal 2010. If we lose 2010, its all over.

These "people" aren't stupid. And they aren't liberals. They're Stalinists hell bent on destroying the republic that the Forefathers and so many since have sacrificed dearly for.

Vincent
08-05-2009, 06:44 PM
So who's the liar? Your nonsense spewing "watchdog" or me?

This seems to have struck a nerve with you, so I'll guess 'you'.

Of course no one here will go look at the site to verify this because Beck has made you all think its the end of your freedom the moment you do.

Who in their right mind would go there?

revefsreleets
08-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Wow...such anger. It's wildly inaccurate and crazy of us to be protective of ourselves and question things a little bit?

This new Obamaized government seems capable of this...I'm glad to find out THIS particular infringement is probably not what we thought it might be, but I'm still quite en garde for the other 1,000 infringements this Presidents is considering implementing.

He DID, after all, EXPAND Bush's wiretap program after lying through his teeth and saying it was not only deplorable but that he'd instantly revoke it upon election.

So ease up, BIG CAPS MAN.

SteelTalons
08-05-2009, 06:49 PM
It struck a nerve with me, not because yall believe it. It struck a nerve with me because Glenn Beck is lying.

This is out right fraud. This isn't freedom of speech people.

If you wanna be ignorant to reality that's on you.

MACH1
08-05-2009, 09:03 PM

BULLSHIT

Now good old, fake tears and fear mongering Beck has to twist the truth again doesn't he?!

Let me explain before you get your picket signs and try to impeach the president over this nonsense.

This is to keep the tabs on the dealers involved in this. So everyone knows who's doing what and to keep a record of the whole thing. And of course to see if any underhanded things are occurring.

So who's the liar? Your nonsense spewing "watchdog" or me? Of course no one here will go look at the site to verify this because Beck has made you all think its the end of your freedom the moment you do.

So your saying that somewhere in that user agreement, EULA or whatever that it specifically says unless your in your house or on a private computer that it would not be property of the US government? It seems to be just a lil broader than that.

SteelTalons
08-05-2009, 09:12 PM
No Im saying that unless your are a registered dealer for this program. This terms don't effect you. If you are just looking to trade in a car or what have you. Then it don't effect you the slightest bit.

Stlrs4Life
08-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Like Talons said BS!

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2009/aug/03/glenn-beck-cash-clunkers-web-site/

The story:
Is Big Brother snooping on Cash for Clunkers site?

By Robert Farley
Published on Monday, August 3rd, 2009 at 6:40 p.m.

Related rulings:
False
If you log into the government's Cash for Clunkers Web site (cars.gov) from your home computer, the government can "seize all of your personal and private" information, and track your computer activity.

Kimbery Guilfoyle, Friday, July 31st, 2009.

Ruling: False | Details
Bookmark this story:
Buzz up!
ShareThis

Fox News anchor Kimberly Guilfoyle suggested people who visit the Cash for Clunkers Web site would give the government access to their home computer.

On Glenn Beck's Fox News program on July 31, 2009, Fox anchor Kimberly Guilfoyle suggested that clicking on the government's Cash for Clunkers Web page (cars.gov) would give the government complete access to your home computer.

The site did contain language that suggested the government could get into the user's computer files. But it was only on the part of the site accessed by dealers completing Cash for Clunkers transactions, not the general public.

On Aug. 3, the Transportation Department took the language off the site, and we think they deserve some of the blame for the confusion here.

But we ruled Guilfoyle's warnings about Big Brother worming its way into the home computers of an unsuspecting public False.

The Patriot
08-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Like Talons said BS!

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2009/aug/03/glenn-beck-cash-clunkers-web-site/

The story:
Is Big Brother snooping on Cash for Clunkers site?

By Robert Farley
Published on Monday, August 3rd, 2009 at 6:40 p.m.

Related rulings:
False
If you log into the government's Cash for Clunkers Web site (cars.gov) from your home computer, the government can "seize all of your personal and private" information, and track your computer activity.

Kimbery Guilfoyle, Friday, July 31st, 2009.

Ruling: False | Details
Bookmark this story:
Buzz up!
ShareThis

Fox News anchor Kimberly Guilfoyle suggested people who visit the Cash for Clunkers Web site would give the government access to their home computer.

On Glenn Beck's Fox News program on July 31, 2009, Fox anchor Kimberly Guilfoyle suggested that clicking on the government's Cash for Clunkers Web page (cars.gov) would give the government complete access to your home computer.

The site did contain language that suggested the government could get into the user's computer files. But it was only on the part of the site accessed by dealers completing Cash for Clunkers transactions, not the general public.

On Aug. 3, the Transportation Department took the language off the site, and we think they deserve some of the blame for the confusion here.

But we ruled Guilfoyle's warnings about Big Brother worming its way into the home computers of an unsuspecting public False.

That's just the liberal media covering up his trail you Obama drone!

Quick, everyone! Smash your computers! Smash them before it's too late!888^%&^ug7398^%&788

Vincent
08-05-2009, 10:24 PM
On July 31, 2009, Fox anchor Kimberly Guilfoyle suggested that clicking on the government's Cash for Clunkers Web page (cars.gov) would give the government complete access to your home computer.

She didn't suggest. She said specifically that by agreeing to the privacy terms you know the rest. And note the date.

The site did contain language that suggested the government could get into the user's computer files.

Yes, the site did have language that gave the gubmint sole rights to your computer and it's files, and by extension, your property.

But it was only on the part of the site accessed by dealers completing Cash for Clunkers transactions, not the general public.

Or so the story goes.

On Aug. 3, the Transportation Department took the language off the site,

Did they??!! Why, do you suppose?

we think they deserve some of the blame for the confusion here.

Do they??!! But everything's all better now. Right?

Excuse me, but who the @#$% are "we"?

tony hipchest
08-05-2009, 10:32 PM
:shout: PANIC!!!

SteelTalons
08-05-2009, 11:01 PM
:shout: PANIC!!!

:willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:

This sort of nonsense really burns my ass. I think this was just Beck trying to shoot a program that worked far better than he hoped down. Now Im not saying its been flawless, but its worked pretty damn well so far and at the very least gave the car companies some much needed business.

CantStop85
08-05-2009, 11:21 PM
That's just the liberal media covering up his trail you Obama drone!

Quick, everyone! Smash your computers! Smash them before it's too late!888^%&^ug7398^%&788

I agree!

Obama is spying on us all right now...the only option is to destroy our computers!!!! That'll teach 'em. freir44riu4r093q3ru89qoijqqr0324u9te90ttq890U

tony hipchest
08-05-2009, 11:41 PM
the only option is to destroy our computers!!!!

:shout: hide all the women!

seriously... obama slept with my mom, wife, AND daughter last night and theres nothing i can do.

appearantly he owns them ALL now, just because i logged on to a government site. :hunch:

(plus i googled "cash for clunkers" and my dog spontaneously combusted right before my eyes!) :horror:

SteelCityMom
08-06-2009, 12:07 AM
I'm sorry, but Glen Beck is full of it.

The government doesn't need you to click on any site or agree to anything to be able to look at your computer files. They can look at anyone's files anytime they want, and they've been able to for a while now. The Patriot Act basically gave them permission to do so with little or no reason at all.

I'm not saying freak out over it, the government could pretty much care less what most people do on the computer, this was "supposed" to be for catching terrorists.

It's not something I necessarily agree with either, I'm just sayin' Beck is full of it, and is just doing his usual "sensational" reporting.

SteelersinCA
08-06-2009, 02:28 AM
You give the government far too much credit. There is no way in hell anyone will ever get me to believe the government is capable of looking into anyone's files at any time. I've been to the DMV, I'm in court rooms every day, government work is simply not that sophisticated.

X-Terminator
08-06-2009, 02:44 AM
You give the government far too much credit. There is no way in hell anyone will ever get me to believe the government is capable of looking into anyone's files at any time. I've been to the DMV, I'm in court rooms every day, government work is simply not that sophisticated.

The government, at least certain government agencies such as DHS and the DoD, have hackers on the payroll. So yes, if they really wanted to, they could gain access to anyone's computer at any time. I'm not so paranoid that they are actually doing it, though.

SteelCityMom
08-06-2009, 03:39 AM

My fiance is in computer forensics (he mainly works to catch hackers). He can get past most any firewall that people have set up, he doesn't even work for the government yet...but they have people who do his exact job working for them. I know for a fact that they can.

Vincent
08-06-2009, 08:12 AM
The government, at least certain government agencies such as DHS and the DoD, have hackers on the payroll. So yes, if they really wanted to, they could gain access to anyone's computer at any time. I'm not so paranoid that they are actually doing it, though.

That was among my concerns with the previous "administration", and the creation of such organs as the DHS. Once established they're there for any subsequent "administration" to use and abuse as the apparatchiks do today.

I wonder what might have happened if the criminal Beck had not lied about the klunker "dealer" page. Do you suppose they would have removed the "controversial" language on 8/3? No, probably not.

And what was so threatening in the language to get all the "crazies" worked up?

KeiselPower99
08-06-2009, 09:03 AM

BULLSHIT

Im a Beck fan and he actually clarifies that he was told that its a release for dealers. All he added was if the government took action and wanted to look into your computer they had te right. Say one of the dealers check his email ans forwards a rght wing message. The Government would then have the right to follow that email and check that persons computer as well. Its all in the agreement, With Acorn running the census and Obamas Czars being radicals all he was doing was showing this and letting people know.

revefsreleets
08-06-2009, 09:51 AM
It's the government...TRUST THEM! You'll be fine...just trust them without question, people.

But if you DO question your government, be prepared to be labeled a panic-inducing pariah...

In Obama we Trust!

J Dogg
08-06-2009, 10:00 AM
SteelMom got it dead right. The good old Patriot Act gave the government the right to do pretty much whatever they want with your virtual life. It was a Conservative initiative backed by prominent liberals (including our sitting President).

SteelersinCA
08-06-2009, 10:41 AM
My fiance is in computer forensics (he mainly works to catch hackers). He can get past most any firewall that people have set up, he doesn't even work for the government yet...but they have people who do his exact job working for them. I know for a fact that they can.

Do you really think they have the resources and manpower to deal with 99.9% of the population? 300 people on a terrorist watch list sure, me you and or neighbors? Not buying it.

J Dogg
08-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Do you really think they have the resources and manpower to deal with 99.9% of the population? 300 people on a terrorist watch list sure, me you and or neighbors? Not buying it.

No, but 50% is a realistic number. Besides, you don't need someone sitting at a terminal scanning e-mails by hand. You can run a program that scans e-mails for keywords like tea party, town hall, etc. 3-4 teach can handle thousands of e-mails. Hell, one guy with the right software can take down a midesized company in a day.

SteelCityMom
08-06-2009, 01:10 PM

I'm not saying that they do. I'm just pointing out that they don't need you to click an agreement on a cash for clunkers site to have permission to look through your computer files.

I already stated in my first post on the topic that they could give a crap about what most people do, I'm just saying if they really wanted to check your computer and internet files, they don't need any kind of permission and you wouldn't even know about it.

xfl2001fan
08-06-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm not saying that they do. I'm just pointing out that they don't need you to click an agreement on a cash for clunkers site to have permission to look through your computer files.

I already stated in my first post on the topic that they could give a crap about what most people do, I'm just saying if they really wanted to check your computer and internet files, they don't need any kind of permission and you wouldn't even know about it.

So basically, like Beck, you are saying it could happen?

However, you add the (extremely intelligent) addendum that it probalby won't happen to 99% of us.

Simply put, Beck isn't spouting BS. He's just not necessiraly spouting the rest of the info on the likelihood of it actually affecting you. The fact that the power to do so exists is troublesome. Absolute power corrupts absolutely...and we've got someone in the office who is wanting to bring more power to less people...and reduce power in the greater numbers. Which is the exact opposite of what our founding father's wished.

SteelCityMom
08-06-2009, 01:38 PM
So basically, like Beck, you are saying it could happen?

However, you add the (extremely intelligent) addendum that it probalby won't happen to 99% of us.

Simply put, Beck isn't spouting BS. He's just not necessiraly spouting the rest of the info on the likelihood of it actually affecting you. The fact that the power to do so exists is troublesome. Absolute power corrupts absolutely...and we've got someone in the office who is wanting to bring more power to less people...and reduce power in the greater numbers. Which is the exact opposite of what our founding father's wished.

No, I've already known it could happen for a while now. There's a lot of things in the Patriot Act that are disturbing as hell. I just call bs on Beck for saying that they need you to click on some kind of argreement lol. So yeah, I agree with you on that.

I'm very untrusting and wary of the government (and hackers in general). That's why I don't keep any kind of financial or private records on my computer. I use good old fashioned file cabinets lol.

I agree that the power of the government is unsettling, I just don't blame it on democrats or republicans. They are scratching each others backs as far as I'm concerned. That's a whole other argument from me though lol.

xfl2001fan
08-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Aye, we see eye to eye on all of this...we just approach it a bit differently. I didn't read through the entire thread...I saw too much super large bold letters/ALL CAPS to be interested in answering portions that were likely already answered. :flap:

Just figure I'd pick up near the end (yeat, it was lazy of me, I'll get over it).

SteelCityMom
08-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Aye, we see eye to eye on all of this...we just approach it a bit differently. I didn't read through the entire thread...I saw too much super large bold letters/ALL CAPS to be interested in answering portions that were likely already answered. :flap:

Just figure I'd pick up near the end (yeat, it was lazy of me, I'll get over it).

Oh no worries...I do the same sometimes. :drink:

SteelersinCA
08-06-2009, 06:57 PM

The ability and the the authorization are the key. Also one of the central issues in the FISA debate. Say you like child porn, and have a boat load on your PC. Say for some other reason a guy, bored at his terminal in the CIA decides I'm going to check out SteelCityMom's hard drive and finds all of your child porn. What can he do with it? Nothing. If it doesn't relate to terrorism, they can't touch you. the Patriot Act didn't abolish the need for warrants, except for terrorists, maybe.

MasterOfPuppets
08-06-2009, 07:05 PM
It's the government...TRUST THEM! You'll be fine...just trust them without question, people.

But if you DO question your government, be prepared to be labeled a panic-inducing pariah...

In Obama we Trust!
see sig below ....:popcorn:

SteelCityMom
08-06-2009, 07:34 PM
The ability and the the authorization are the key. Also one of the central issues in the FISA debate. Say you like child porn, and have a boat load on your PC. Say for some other reason a guy, bored at his terminal in the CIA decides I'm going to check out SteelCityMom's hard drive and finds all of your child porn. What can he do with it? Nothing. If it doesn't relate to terrorism, they can't touch you. the Patriot Act didn't abolish the need for warrants, except for terrorists, maybe.

Well, I already know they have the ability, and again, I must point out that the CIA, FBI and any other gov't org. really could care less what normal Americans do. I'm just saying, they have the ability...if they ever want to. If they for some reason found child porn on my computer, they have every ability to get (if they haven't already) a sneek and peek warrant and share it with any authorities they wish.

FISA was the act put into place to make it easier to to obtain information on terrorists and other foreign affairs w/o a warrant. The Patriot Act expanded on that.

"3. Expansion of the intelligence exception in wiretap law

Under the Patriot Act, the FBI can secretly conduct a physical search or wiretap on American citizens to obtain evidence of crime without proving probable cause, as the Fourth Amendment explicitly requires.

A 1978 law called the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) created an exception to the Fourth Amendment's requirement for probable cause when the purpose of a wiretap or search was to gather foreign intelligence. The rationale was that since the search was not conducted for the purpose of gathering evidence to put someone on trial, the standards could be loosened. In a stark demonstration of why it can be dangerous to create exceptions to fundamental rights, however, the Patriot Act expanded this once-narrow exception to cover wiretaps and searches that DO collect evidence for regular domestic criminal cases. FISA previously allowed searches only if the primary purpose was to gather foreign intelligence. But the Patriot Act changes the law to allow searches when "a significant purpose" is intelligence. That lets the government circumvent the Constitution's probable cause requirement even when its main goal is ordinary law enforcement."
http://www.aclu.org/safefree/general/17326res20030403.html

Here is some plain english description of Title II of the Patriot Act, which covers all surveillance issues.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA_PATRIOT_Act,_Title_II#American_Civil_Liberties _Union

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
08-06-2009, 07:39 PM
GLEN BECK :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
~ this is the problem with people, they listen to assholes like Glen Beck...:rofl:

Vincent
08-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Perhaps one of the "administration's" apologists could explain the reasoning behind this language...

“Any or all uses of this system and all files on this system may be intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign.” Cars.gov

I'm puzzled by the breadth of this "privacy" policy. Why is it necessary to avail so many of the files on the individual computer? What possible rationale could justify the purview of foreign agencies?

X-Terminator
08-06-2009, 09:23 PM
GLEN BECK :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
~ this is the problem with people, they listen to assholes like Glen Beck...:rofl:

I wouldn't laugh, considering all of the people on the left who are just as big of assholes as Beck that people listen to. Michael Moore, anyone?

Remember the old saying - "Before you criticize/laugh at someone else, make sure that your own house is in order first."

stillers4me
08-06-2009, 09:32 PM
At least conservative "assholes" still have TV and radio shows. Air America anyone?

theplatypus
08-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Typical Beck BS, nothing to see here move on. I swear this guy is nothing more than Nancy Grace with the twig and berries.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
08-06-2009, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't laugh, considering all of the people on the left who are just as big of assholes as Beck that people listen to. Michael Moore, anyone?

Remember the old saying - "Before you criticize/laugh at someone else, make sure that your own house is in order first."

Michael Moore makes movies backed up by evidence, Glen Beck says anything and lies and really should be heald accountable for the nonsense he says.. but oh well, thats fox news

HometownGal
08-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Michael Moore makes movies backed up by evidence, Glen Beck says anything and lies and really should be heald accountable for the nonsense he says.. but oh well, thats fox news

:rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing:

Quit it BBFW - you're making my stomach hurt. :rofl::toofunny::rofl:

MACH1
08-06-2009, 10:27 PM

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

SteelersinCA
08-06-2009, 10:43 PM

Come on, that is funny. If you put it that way Glen Beck did state factual information. Yeah that worked well huh?

X-Terminator
08-06-2009, 11:33 PM

Right. Sure. Michael Moore is Mr. Honesty.

And if you believe that, I've got some land in Timbuktu I'd like to sell you.

Either way, he is no less an asshole than Glenn Beck.

KeiselPower99
08-07-2009, 12:20 AM

Beck makes sure he has evidence of stuff before he says it. He is accountable for the stuff he says. Actually take time to listen to him before you judge.

7SteelGal43
08-07-2009, 12:33 AM

BULLSHIT

Beck has pointed out that it's when the DEALER connects to the website. And I'm sure there's nothing to be concerned about when the White House requests that citizens forward any correspondence containing "misinformation" regarding his health care plan be forwarded to the White House web site. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm late for a town hall meeting. Where's my damn swastika arm band ?! Be well comrades.

JackHammer
08-07-2009, 01:51 AM
1984 is an awesome read.

J Dogg
08-07-2009, 08:15 AM
Nobody on this board will take anything you say seriously ever again.

Seriously.....you're now in the same territory as The Patriot and Tony.

revefsreleets
08-07-2009, 08:50 AM

Oh my...that's a good one.

I actually watch all MM's movies. I thought Bowling for Columbine was excellent (and that is NOT an anti-gun movie: It's an anti "State of Fear" movie). But to say that Moore is backed by evidence is crazy talk. He cherry-picks and only presents what's convenient.

59 Deceits in Fahrenheit 9/11:
http://www.davekopel.org/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

Honestly, the only way to be on solid footing is to try and read/view both sides.

fansince'76
08-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Michael Moore makes movies backed up by evidence....

And what "evidence" would that be, exactly? Showing edited snippets of "interviews" with soldiers that completely lose the context of what was ACTUALLY said in order to spin his viewpoint? Or his doctoring/faking of newspaper headlines? :coffee:

7SteelGal43
08-07-2009, 10:20 AM
And what "evidence" would that be, exactly? Showing edited snippets of "interviews" with soldiers that completely lose the context of what was ACTUALLY said in order to spin his viewpoint? Or his doctoring/faking of newspaper headlines? :coffee:

....or his editing job making it look like the bank was keeping the rifles IN the bank...

PS: I have to respectfully disagree with a previous poster....Bowling for Columbine was anti gun and promoting a state of fear. :noidea: at least that's the impression I got from watching it.

Indo
08-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Beck makes sure he has evidence of stuff before he says it. He is accountable for the stuff he says. Actually take time to listen to him before you judge.

And Michael Moore is trying to sell movies....

revefsreleets
08-07-2009, 03:42 PM
MM made quite a point out of stating that guns do not kill people by showing that gun ownership rates do not outstrip those of other countries, Canada to name one. HE is a gun owner.

Americans are inundated by messages devised to cause fear, which is a form of population control. The lawyers, the media and the pop media are all equally responsible, and the government reaps the benefits. People who are scared shitless of everyone who isn't exactly like them are likely to only worry about their own little NIMBY environment.

My point is this: Any argument has two sides, and MM has a real penchant for ignoring the other...

J Dogg
08-07-2009, 03:45 PM
What territory would that be?

Batshit crazy.

fansince'76
08-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Americans are inundated by messages devised to cause fear, which is a form of population control. The lawyers, the media and the pop media are all equally responsible, and the government reaps the benefits.

http://www.movingimagesource.us/images/articles/They-Live_2-20080813-125142-medium.jpg

Sorry, revs, couldn't resist. :chuckle:

The Patriot
08-07-2009, 04:47 PM
What territory would that be?

Any and all optimism or reason.

7SteelGal43
08-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Batshit crazy.

:toofunny: quick, ask smokin what flavor the kool-aid was :rofl:

J Dogg
08-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Any and all optimism or reason.

Reason......that's a riot.

The Patriot
08-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Come on people, this is scary? Dick Cheney had a team of assassins that would cross borders, break into houses, and perform executions without the legislative branch even knowing. :sofunny:

J Dogg
08-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Come on people, this is scary? Dick Cheney had a team of assassins that would cross borders, break into houses, and perform executions without the legislative branch even knowing. :sofunny:

Too bad he missed you.

HometownGal
08-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Too bad he missed you.

Hey, hey, hey - not cool. :buttkick:

Steeldude
08-07-2009, 07:22 PM
the info in the youtube video is false.

http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/clunkers.asp

In short, there was once a poorly-worded privacy statement on the CARS.gov site, but it never applied to ordinary consumers visiting the site (just dealers), and it has since been changed. Consumers visiting the CARS.gov web site do not (and never did) have to agree that the federal government can own or take control of their computers.<BR><BR>

AllD
08-07-2009, 07:29 PM
I don't know what the screen said, but that chick is hot.

7SteelGal43
08-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Michael Moore makes movies backed up by evidence,

I say we give Michael Moore the healthcare system he's always dreamed of. When can we ship him to Cuba ?

Vincent
08-07-2009, 09:57 PM
the info in the youtube video is false.

http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/clunkers.asp

Do you ask Snopes' permission to go to the potty?

It is fairly evident that the disappearance of said policy language on August 3rd validates the issue.

I say we give Michael Moore the healthcare system he's always dreamed of. When can we ship him to Cuba ?

The rich irony here is that MM would be ground up by the "healthcare" system he would have for all of us.

Steeldude
08-08-2009, 01:23 AM
Do you ask Snopes' permission to go to the potty?

do you believe every schmuck on TV? i have some beachfront property in nebraska you may be interested in.

It is fairly evident that the disappearance of said policy language on August 3rd validates the issue

it's called poorly written. the guy in the video is a moron. much like michael moore

The Patriot
08-08-2009, 01:46 AM
Too bad he missed you.

:toofunny:

I can't tell if you're actually spiteful, but it's funny either way.

Preacher
08-08-2009, 02:33 AM
Wow...

Now why wasn't there this much interest in what was REALLY happening with the supposed "bush wire tapping"

Probably because that was partisan, and now we are all supposed to get along.

revefsreleets
08-08-2009, 12:57 PM

I've never understood why it was okay to assassinate people with unmanned drones (something we are STILL doing almost every day) but if there are actual people doing the wet work it's somehow worse...

Bu-bu-bu-Cheney?

Vincent
08-08-2009, 01:15 PM
do you believe every schmuck on TV? i have some beachfront property in nebraska you may be interested in.

I don't watch tv. Except for some Food Network and of course, Steeler games. Burn Notice ain't bad. I watch that with my Bride.

it's called poorly written.

Evidently.