PDA

View Full Version : What was the deciding factor

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2006, 08:02 PM
IN this game what was the turning point that really made you believe we were gonna win this game. The most important part of the game in your opinion basically.

Prosdo
01-15-2006, 08:03 PM
I think for me it would be how the defense was stepping up and shutting down Manning.

stand undefeated
01-15-2006, 08:04 PM
After Polamalu's INT that was unbelievably taken away, that woulda sealed it for me.

But yeah, after the kick was missed... i was all good!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2006, 08:06 PM
I wanted to post up a poll..but I took too long and it timed out.. oh well..

For me, when the Defense got back to pressuring Peyton, I had a good feeling again that we could take the game no matter what they dished out.

Milkman
01-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Really, this is how I envisioned the Steelers would have played in the regular season meeting. The only thing that screwed that up was the long bomb to Harrison to get the Colts ahead early.

So, in my opinion, the game turned out as I thought from the start. I will say this though, I was surprised that the Steelers threw the ball an awful lot on the first drive. It worked to perfection!

NEXT!

Hammer67
01-15-2006, 08:27 PM
The O line...like I predicted...blocked well and gave Ben time to pass.

SteelerFanInATL
01-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Really, this is how I envisioned the Steelers would have played in the regular season meeting. The only thing that screwed that up was the long bomb to Harrison to get the Colts ahead early.

So, in my opinion, the game turned out as I thought from the start. I will say this though, I was surprised that the Steelers threw the ball an awful lot on the first drive. It worked to perfection!

NEXT!

In the first game they only scored two TD's. Everything else was FG's. When they missed the FG that was the deciding factor. Every other time I thought it was over something happened. The sack at the one YL, Troy's INT, Jerome's goal line fumble.

Rotorhead
01-16-2006, 12:14 AM
I was just hoping what happened, happened. The Colts were rusty, and our Off was clicking and got out to a good lead. The play calling got a little too conservative in the second half, but really, we should have won that game 28+ to 10 if you get rid of the Ref's stupidity. The Def had an outstanding game, our corners shouldnt be so underrated any more (McFadden had his coming out game I think). If we can play 2 more games with execution like that, the Bus will have his ring!

Ambridge
01-16-2006, 12:52 AM
The way this game was going I actually believed the Steelers were going to win when Ben took the snap for the final kneel-down.

VegasStlrFan
01-16-2006, 01:32 AM
For me it was the end of the 1st qtr. The Steelers were rolling on Offense and shutting them down on defense. It was the shot to the chin they had to have in this game. Its no secret if you pressure Manning he'll play like a little biatch! After the 1st qtr I had confidence the Colts weren't ready and the Steelers were. (doesn't mean I didn't have a hoarse voice and a headache by the end of the game). The Boys played great today despite the refs.

kiki7192
01-16-2006, 01:40 AM
The deciding factor was the simple fact that on the way home from our hotel today, hubby and I were listening to the game on the radio, and the Steelers were way up (I slept in at the hotel and missed most of the 1st half..ugh, sue me..I was hung over from my bronco win..hehe) and then when I got home and turned the game on TV, the Colts began to come back, so I immediately turned off the TV and turned on the radio to listen to the game to avoid any "whatever team kiki roots for on tv is jinxed' karma...

So yes steeler fans, you can personally thank ME for your win...hehe...

Had i continued to root on the steelers while the game was on the big screen, the outcome would have been much different...lol