PDA

View Full Version : Sepulveda rumor

The Lakelander
08-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Saw on a twitter just about 10 minutes ago that Sepulveda was wearing a brace?

Can anyone confirm this?

Or is this just bogus junk being twittered for amusement?

Anyone?

RoethlisBURGHer
08-06-2009, 04:11 PM
He very well might be coming off of a torn ACL on his plant knee.

The Lakelander
08-06-2009, 04:17 PM
That makes sense.

Just hoping he didn't reinjure it????

Looking for confirmation.

Sharkissle29
08-06-2009, 04:31 PM
if you saw it on twitter, odds are it is true...

pancake
08-06-2009, 04:35 PM
He very well might be coming off of a torn ACL on his plant knee.

I would bet your right, and I wouldn't be shocked if he continues to wear it for the majority of the season for a precaution...

mmalone
08-06-2009, 04:52 PM
I would bet your right, and I wouldn't be shocked if he continues to wear it for the majority of the season for a precaution...

he should wear a heavy duty one for life. he doesnt really have to run...

brady has one to, he has to run... to bad we dont get to play him this year..

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
08-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Think he was wearing a brace all spring as well as first day of camp

ANDYMISIU
08-06-2009, 07:10 PM
He is wearing the brace in the pictures posted on Steelers.com

He just had a serious injury to his knee, it's all precaution.

JackHammer
08-06-2009, 07:16 PM
to bad we dont get to play him this year..

Oh but we do, it's just not official yet :tt02:

The Lakelander
08-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Oh but we do, it's just not official yet :tt02:

Fat chance. The Patsies won't even win their division. :chuckle:

HometownGal
08-06-2009, 08:18 PM
XT and I were at TC yesterday and he was NOT wearing a brace. Believe me, I stared at those luscious legs long enough to know. :lust:

JackHammer
08-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Fat chance. The Patsies won't even win their division. :chuckle:

That's yet to be seen, and I'm not saying one way or the other what they'll do. It's just that a big part of me WANTS them in the playoffs so we can send them home.

bradness113
08-06-2009, 10:12 PM
i saw it at camp
i talked w/ him, and hes fully healthy

NV STEELERS 723
08-06-2009, 10:54 PM
XT and I were at TC yesterday and he was NOT wearing a brace. Believe me, I stared at those luscious legs long enough to know. :lust:

Dang HG..you still got it bad for him ???? lol

rick723
08-06-2009, 11:44 PM
if you saw it on twitter, odds are it is true...

Yep on twitter and as we said in the Corps. I heard it "from the third shitter on the right" it's gospell

Galax Steeler
08-07-2009, 03:30 AM

I will take your word for it I am not going to stare at his legs.:chuckle:

Steelers & I
08-07-2009, 04:52 AM

OK Gal, we know that you stared at his left leg and middle leg but we're more concerned about his right leg. :flap:

HometownGal
08-07-2009, 07:56 AM
Dang HG..you still got it bad for him ???? lol

Hell YEAH! :naughty: I feel a little weird about my crush on him as my son is older than DSep, but hey - a little cougar growwwwl once in a while doesn't hurt. :chuckle:

He was participating in the exercise drills and getting both legs up there pretty high, so I think it's safe to assume that he's just fine. He may have worn a brace the day before or yesterday, but he wasn't wearing a brace on that field on Wednesday. One of the FA's they brought in to work out, Dirk Johnson, was taking most of the snaps that day.

Psyychoward86
08-07-2009, 01:10 PM
If HTG oogled them gams and says theres no brace, BELIEVE HER.

TackleMeBen
08-07-2009, 01:42 PM
i want to know if XT brought the ball and chain to keep you in line.. and a bucket or two of water to throw on you to cool you down from staring at Sepulveda's legs??:chuckle:

and if HTG, said he wasnt wearing a brace and was punting great believe her, she knows about it:thumbsup:

oh HTG, nothing wrong with going young either..:laughing:

HometownGal
08-07-2009, 04:39 PM
i want to know if XT brought the ball and chain to keep you in line.. and a bucket or two of water to throw on you to cool you down from staring at Sepulveda's legs??:chuckle:

and if HTG, said he wasnt wearing a brace and was punting great believe her, she knows about it:thumbsup:

oh HTG, nothing wrong with going young either..:laughing:

I would have had to roll down the hill and hurdle the fence to get to him, so no ball and chain necessary - he was safe - at least that day. :chuckle:

Nothing wrong with going younger as long as they're of legal age. :chuckle:

lilyoder6
08-07-2009, 06:53 PM
when i was in camp on wed.. he was wearing a brace.. i don't think it rly matters tho.. prob just trying to get his feet wet again

HometownGal
08-07-2009, 07:14 PM
when i was in camp on wed.. he was wearing a brace.. i don't think it rly matters tho.. prob just trying to get his feet wet again

You must have been watching the punter who is in trying out - Dirk Johnson (though I don't recall him wearing a brace either). The picture I took below clearly shows that DSep, who is standing on the 17 YL, is NOT wearing a brace. (It was raining at the time, so please excuse the quality, though one can plainly see he is not wearing a brace on his knee).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/PGHLADYmlg/017.jpg

Preacher
08-07-2009, 07:23 PM
It may be that he is using it some, trying to figure out if it is helping him or not... if he needs it or not.

HometownGal
08-07-2009, 07:25 PM
It may be that he is using it some, trying to figure out if it is helping him or not... if he needs it or not.

Quite possibly, but I had my baby blues on him quite a bit on Wednesday and he wasn't wearing it. I'd know. :chuckle:

Preacher
08-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Quite possibly, but I had my baby blues on him quite a bit on Wednesday and he wasn't wearing it. I'd know. :chuckle:

Let's be honest though HTG...

Were you watching his knees, or his legs where they attach to his butt? :rofl:

stillers4me
08-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Let's be honest though HTG...

Were you watching his knees, or his legs where they attach to his butt? :rofl:

But that doesn't make her a bad girl. :noidea:

:chuckle:

Cooooooo-ga! :drink:

Preacher
08-07-2009, 09:18 PM
But that doesn't make her a bad girl. :noidea:

Cooooooo-ga! :drink:

No, its the thoughts that go with the looks....!! :wink02:

stillers4me
08-07-2009, 09:27 PM

No, its the thoughts that go with the looks....!! :wink02:

I repeat.....that doesn't make us bad girls. :wink02:

SteelersTilIDie
08-07-2009, 09:33 PM
also he probably needs it now, its no big deal phil rivers still wears one from 2 years ago and he is fine

SteelersTilIDie
08-07-2009, 09:33 PM
You must have been watching the punter who is in trying out - Dirk Johnson (though I don't recall him wearing a brace either). The picture I took below clearly shows that DSep, who is standing on the 17 YL, is NOT wearing a brace. (It was raining at the time, so please excuse the quality, though one can plainly see he is not wearing a brace on his knee).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/PGHLADYmlg/017.jpg

that is probably before he does his practice or something because he wears one in all of the steelers.com photos

MasterOfPuppets
08-07-2009, 10:44 PM
i got this picture of him when the trainers were looking at him on the sidelines....

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4392/interviewsinge3.jpg (http://img269.imageshack.us/i/interviewsinge3.jpg/)

mesaSteeler
08-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Steelers' Sepulveda says leg better than ever
Saturday, August 08, 2009
The Associated Press
Peter Diana/Post-Gazette
Steelers punter Daniel Sepulveda, "This is the best I have punted in my life."

The Steelers won the Super Bowl last year despite one of the worst punting games in the NFL. But with highly touted Daniel Sepulveda recovered from ACL surgery, things are looking up.

Way up.

Sepulveda, who enjoyed a strong rookie season in 2007 before missing all of last year, is booming the ball in practice.

So much so that the Steelers feel their punting game will again be an important weapon in controlling field position.

"We're looking forward to the same things we saw from him when he was a rookie," Steelers special teams coach Bob Ligashesky said Friday. "He provides us with field position and helps us in the coverage game as a punt unit. A punter like him allows you to do so much more with your coverage teams and be so much better with his hang time and direction."

A former two-time Ray Guy Award winner as the nation's best college punter and a player the Steelers traded up to draft in the fourth round two years ago, Sepulveda is a welcome re-addition to the reigning Super Bowl champions.

The Steelers ranked ninth in the NFL in net punting average during Sepulveda's rookie 2007 season at 37.9 yards per punt, but they lost him for the season on the second day of training camp in 2008.

Pittsburgh tried to get by with Mitch Berger and Paul Ernster, but fell to 30th in the league in yards per punt (39.8) and 25th in net average (35.6).

Sepulveda's absence was noticeable as the team went back-and-forth between Berger and Ernster and had a handful of embarrassingly short and shanked kicks.

"People talk about that, but we still won the Super Bowl," Sepulveda said. "I put the team in a bind and I felt bad for that. We were a week from the first game, and the punter goes down and I was the only one in camp, so I felt bad for that and for giving (kicker Jeff Reed) a new holder. He handled that as a professional, and Mitch and Paul both came in and got the job done.

"You can say whatever you want, but we ended up winning the Super Bowl. They did what I couldn't do."

Sepulveda had suffered a torn ACL in college and aggravated the injury not long after. He had considered surgery to correct the problem, and finally could no longer avoid it last summer.

Watching his team win the Super Bowl without him was difficult, Sepulveda said, but he learned from an additional year of being immersed in the NFL lifestyle.

Now he's said he's truly at 100 percent physically for the first time in years.

"I would say I'm a better kicker now, for sure," Sepulveda said. "This is the best I have punted in my life."

"He's got a strong leg and great accuracy with his kicks," said Anthony Madison, the team's leading special teams tackler last season. "As a coverage guy, you can't be anything but excited to have a guy like that. He's good for the team, period."

Copyright 2009 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
First published on August 8, 2009 at 12:00 am

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09220/989508-66.stm#ixzz0NZBJ55Gu

Hamer
08-08-2009, 04:00 AM
Awesome news!
Some may disagree (O Line) but I thought the punting game was our biggest weakness last season. It cost us at least the Giants game and who knows how many others....

Preacher
08-08-2009, 04:49 AM
Awesome news!
Some may disagree (O Line) but I thought the punting game was our biggest weakness last season. It cost us at least the Giants game and who knows how many others....

Yep, I disagree, but I understand what you are saying. You really can't point to one play on the O line and say, "that lost us the game." But you can with ST's.

I just think if our O line was better, our ST's wouldn't have been in that situation.

TackleMeBen
08-08-2009, 06:53 AM
I would have had to roll down the hill and hurdle the fence to get to him, so no ball and chain necessary - he was safe - at least that day. :chuckle:

if you had done that, i hope that you would give XT your camera, bc we all would want to see a picture of that :rofl:....but my question would be??? would you go for the legs first ????:wink02:
you are absolutely right, there IS nothing wrong with going younger as long as they are legal...:chuckle:

TackleMeBen
08-08-2009, 07:00 AM
i say lets let HTG find out if his legs are better. i am pretty sure she would up for the challenge...lol.

i am glad he is back, our STs were awful last year, but at least we still won the super bowl!!!! so with a healthy Sepulveda, we should be much better.

Galax Steeler
08-08-2009, 07:01 AM
It will be nice to see them Booming kicks again. Pinning the opponents deep in there territory will be nice.

Texasteel
08-08-2009, 07:04 AM

Nothing wrong with going older either!:flap:

stillers4me
08-08-2009, 07:24 AM
It will be nice to see them Booming kicks again. Pinning the opponents deep in there territory will be nice.

Pin them deep and let the D chew them up.

God I love Steelers football.

HometownGal
08-08-2009, 07:49 AM
that is probably before he does his practice or something because he wears one in all of the steelers.com photos

:noidea: All I can tell you for certain is that on Wednesday, he wasn't wearing a brace.