PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and Good Luck From A Broncos Fan

GonzoLays
01-15-2006, 08:46 PM
While most of you guys are not taking us seriously, I really can't say I blame you. We are not a flashy team, but we are a solid team. In a lot of ways we are alike. Play tough defense, run the ball and force turnovers. It should be a great matchup.

I think the one advantage we do have is the fact the we are playing at home, and we are 8-0 at home.

It is going to be physical and hard fought game; I am calling a Denver Broncos win 24-14 due to homefield advantage.

Prosdo
01-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Hey Gonzo. Welcome to SF! Nice to see a Bronco fan here. I don't think you can underestimate anyone in the playoffs. So, gotta take the Broncos seriously. I think this is going to be a very physical game but a very close one as well.

Also moving this to the introductions section.

GonzoLays
01-15-2006, 08:52 PM
What this matchup really comes down to is:

The Chin VS The Rat

I'll like Shanahan's chances against Cowher.

Milkman
01-15-2006, 08:59 PM
It should be a good game...outcome will be the same as the last.

Steelers more Broncos less.

Period.

VegasStlrFan
01-16-2006, 12:29 AM
The Bronco's have been under the radar all season. Sorry Gonz, I don't think anyone here is underestimating the Broncos. I believe the Colts were overated and the Bronco's are underated.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2006, 12:39 AM
Trust me dude, nobody is overlooking you.. We're used to being overlooked this season and we like it that way.. the odds makers already have you as the new oddson SB winner.. so right now, ur in the spotlight and we're still the underdog and we like it that way.

Good luck to you, here's to an injury free game.

Steel - X
01-16-2006, 07:24 AM
Welcome aboard dont run away after the game no matter what the outcome. This is a great site, thanks for coming by to share your opinions.

I do not think you are underrated at all, this should be a great game. Good Luck

SteelerFanInATL
01-19-2006, 06:40 AM
Welcome to the best fan site on the internet. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteelersGirlTN7
01-19-2006, 08:32 AM
As far as being 8-0 at home ... that doesnt always mean everything LOL

Pittsburgh was undefeated at home last year ......and then ..

well, we all know how that turned out

Infamix
01-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Good point ^ the only thing that worries me is the fact that the team is going to reach Denver on Saturday, that's not enough time IMO to acclimate to the high altitudes.

SalukiSteelers
01-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Good point ^ the only thing that worries me is the fact that the team is going to reach Denver on Saturday, that's not enough time IMO to acclimate to the high altitudes.

The thing about the altitude is that there's no way to get acclimated to it; at least not during a football season. One week, two weeks, it doesn't matter. Heard Darren Woodsen say on Mike & Mike, yesterday, that the most a player can do is try to play through it and that it's more important to not break a normal travel routine than it is to try and counteract the issue of altitude by getting in to town early.

I had a friend who moved to Denver and who ran five miles a day in my part of Illinois, which is probably less than 300-feet above sea level. She said that even a month after the move she struggled to get any solid wind. I

tell ya what, if Pittsburgh comes out there and plays the physical, pain-inducing offense and defense they're capable of playing, it's gonna be the Donkeys who are grasping for air. HERE WE GO!!!!

drizze99
01-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Welcome to SF!

With that said, I know I am sure as hell not underestimating the Bronco's. Hey you guys are the ones that are favored as well. The Bronco's are a very sound team on both sides of the ball. I like our chances, but this is by far a gimme game for us.

SteelerzGirl
01-23-2006, 07:55 AM
Welcome to Steelers Fever, GonzoLays! GO STEELERS! :bouncy: