PDA

View Full Version : Need some Advice

TackleMeBen
08-08-2009, 10:09 AM
My son's birthday is this coming Friday. He has asked for a Ravens birthday cake. Should i get him what he wants or get him something else. I just cant bring myself to buy anything that has ravens on it. what should i do? please help?

fansince'76
08-08-2009, 10:34 AM
How about a compromise - does he like balloons?

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/air-head.jpg

TackleMeBen
08-08-2009, 10:38 AM
yeah he does.i can put him in some and send him to baltimore..lol...

Fire Haley
08-08-2009, 10:39 AM
It's just purple icing. Close your eyes and eat the damn thing.

Glad I could help.

stillers4me
08-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Get the kid a Ravens cake. Then take lots of pictures to show him someday when he's older and wiser and totally embarrass him.

It's your duty as a parent.

stillers4me
08-08-2009, 10:41 AM
It's just purple icing. Close your eyes and eat the damn thing.

Glad I could help.

Yeah. What he said. :chuckle:

klick81
08-08-2009, 10:47 AM
So who's the negative influence in his life? HMM????

HometownGal
08-08-2009, 10:48 AM
His birthday is a celebration of his life - who gives a hoot what kind of cake he has? :noidea: The cake gets gobbled up but the memories are what's really important here.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-08-2009, 10:53 AM
My son's birthday is this coming Friday. He has asked for a Ravens birthday cake. Should i get him what he wants or get him something else. I just cant bring myself to buy anything that has ravens on it. what should i do? please help?

OHHHH I got this.

Play on the "halloween cake" that we have all seen.

Purple frosting...with cookie "tombstones" . use frosting pens to put "R.I.P. Ray Lewis" ..."Gone But Not Forgotton- Terrell Suggs"....etc.

If you want I can come up with some nice little poems...like

What comes around goes around
in this life.
R.I.P..... Ray the Knife.

or....

There is a Heaven,
There is a Hell
Guess which one
got poor Terrell.

or.....

Hampton hit him
like a backhoe...
like the one who dug the hole
For poor Joe Flacco.

or

Like a Steeler great, he wished to be,
But for Ed Reed, it wasnt in store.
Intercepted in front of Hines Ward...
Oops....Quoth the raven, nevermore.

:chuckle:

SteelersinCA
08-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Nice LLT, get him a Ravens cake but leave 6 lombardi's off to the side.

CantStop85
08-08-2009, 11:24 AM
If you were really a Steelers fan, you would kick his free-loading, Ravens-loving butt out of the house. :chuckle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Nice LLT, get him a Ravens cake but leave 6 lombardi's off to the side.

Or a small ravens cupcake..with a LARGE Steelers cake beside it.....just to keep everything "in perspective".

nojobny
08-08-2009, 01:14 PM
LOL... these responses are great!

KeiselPower99
08-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Are you sure he is yours and wasnt switched at birth?

stlrtruck
08-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Just get the cake and every time you take a bite just remind everyone, this is like the Steelers 3 times last year, just eating the ravens up.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Just get the cake and every time you take a bite just remind everyone, this is like the Steelers 3 times last year, just eating the ravens up.

OH!!!!!

A Steeler "Pacman" cake...eating a Raven "ghost" cake!!!

Preacher
08-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Get the cake... with a laxative....

That way, every time everyone who consumed it uses the toilet, they are reminded of the Ravens.

*disclaimer-- this was said in jest. not meant to be taken literally or as advice.

SteelTalons
08-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Get the cake... with a laxative....

That way, every time everyone who consumed it uses the toilet, they are reminded of the Ravens.

*disclaimer-- this was said in jest. not meant to be taken literally or as advice.

I was thinking the same thing. :laughing:

Vincent
08-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Its all about his memories. It's his birthday. Among the hallmarks of Steelerdom are graciousness and good sport. Get him the best rats cake you can find and enjoy the hell out of it with him. He'll remember that, and he'll remember that his Dad did it for him.

I bought one of my sons a titans helmet some years ago because the tits were "his team". Roll with it. Thats what Steelers fans do. Now, anytime our lads play the tits, we get out both helmets and put them on the coffee table. Life is good.

TackleMeBen
08-10-2009, 02:04 PM
. He'll remember that, and he'll remember that his Dad did it for him.
one problem, i am his mom, his dad and i are divorced and he doesnt see his dad(not by my choice).

that is a good idea..

Are you sure he is yours and wasnt switched at birth?

you know i am starting to wonder about that.:chuckle:

So who's the negative influence in his life? HMM????

my best friend Chuck, who lives in Baltimore. who when we were visiting pittsburgh a few years ago, had him walking around in heinz field with a ray lewis jersey on.:mad:

Vincent
08-10-2009, 02:07 PM
one problem, i am his mom, his dad and i are divorced and he doesnt see his dad(not by my choice).

I missed that in the opening post. My deep apologies Ma'am.

Fire Haley
08-10-2009, 02:38 PM
It's just purple icing. Close your eyes and eat the damn thing. Yeah. What he said. :chuckle:
See there?
If everyone would just agree with me, the world would be a better place.

stlrtruck
08-10-2009, 03:50 PM
See there?
If everyone would just agree with me, the world would be a better place.

yeah but then we'd have a bunch of killers running around :toofunny:

AllD
08-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Hope you are getting him Steelers jerseys if he gets a ratbird cake. He is still young enough to get over the anti-social Baltimore thing.

TackleMeBen
08-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Hope you are getting him Steelers jerseys if he gets a ratbird cake. He is still young enough to get over the anti-social Baltimore thing.
you know that is a good idea. he has out grown his ben jersey and now only wears that ray lewis jersey.. he did mention wanting a troy jersey b/c i got my new steelers catalog saturday.

TackleMeBen
08-10-2009, 04:02 PM
yes, but maybe they would knock off the right people.. you know like that nutjob in nevada :wink02:(i didnt say that..lol :chuckle:)

revefsreleets
08-10-2009, 04:38 PM
You need some advice?

OK.

I want to say one word to you...just one word. Are you listening? Plastics!

Fire Haley
08-10-2009, 06:58 PM

For the record - the only thing I kill is chocolate eclairs and bacon.

You can write that down.

beSteelmyheart
08-10-2009, 07:11 PM
One positive way to look at it is a jersey lasts alot longer than a cake-at least you won't have to look at it until he grows out of it.. It might be kind of fun to get a Raven's cake, you could get some players put on it & have a photo taken of you biting Ray Ray's head off!!:laughing:

TackleMeBen
08-12-2009, 10:09 PM
well i went and ordered my son's birthday cake today.

its going to look like a football field with the ravens logo in the center and one endzone will have happy birthday and the other will have my son's name in it. and the outline will be ravens color.. i still cant believe i am buying him a ravens cake, but i guess you guys are right, it wont last that long:wink02:

Dino 6 Rings
08-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Get him an Edgar Allen Poe cake and when he says "I said Ravens" say "I thought you meant the Poem!"

jameskluck
08-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Must not be from the Burgh! I was born and raised on the east end in Homewood and now I live in Las Vegas and brought the Steelers Nation with me. In fact anyone from anywhere near Pittsburgh was born into Steelers Nation. We bleed Black n Gold. Ravens? They're just the Browns in another so called blue collar town. I say buy him the PURPLE cake and ground him as soon as he smiles at it!

stlrtruck
08-13-2009, 08:40 AM
well i went and ordered my son's birthday cake today.

its going to look like a football field with the ravens logo in the center and one endzone will have happy birthday and the other will have my son's name in it. and the outline will be ravens color.. i still cant believe i am buying him a ravens cake, but i guess you guys are right, it wont last that long:wink02:

Just remember, with every bite remind them of how the Steelers whooped up on them 3 times last year on route to their 6th SB.

Fire Haley
08-13-2009, 11:36 AM
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w118/JDaveG/ThisThreadIsWorthless.jpg

TackleMeBen
08-14-2009, 03:48 PM
well i picked up my son's birthday cake today. here is the finished product..lol
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/DSC00325.jpg

beSteelmyheart
08-14-2009, 03:59 PM
That speaks volumes about bein a good Mom & showin some class. :thumbsup:

Godfather
08-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Good!

Now eat it up like the Steelers are gonna do to the Ratbirds!

Preacher
08-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Looks good...

thought maybe you should have put last years AFCCG score on the cake! :chuckle:

Seriously... good job.

And if he sits down and watches the games with you all year... he'll start rooting for the Steelers!