PDA

View Full Version : WARNING...BS POST:Roethlisberger not popular with teammates

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Roethlisberger not popular with teammates
Posted Aug. 08, 2009 @ 9:36 p.m.
By PFW staff

The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

"(Steelers QB) Ben Roethlisberger is not a well-liked teammate. He's arrogant and lazy. It's not a nice mixture in a steel city known for its toughness

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/08/08/roethlisberger-not-popular-with-teammates

Anyone else smell something? Its almost like someone took a WHIZ on this quote. It doesnt take a WHIZard to figure out who might still be picking off the withered vine of sour grapes.

KeiselPower99
08-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Blah blah blah

Galax Steeler
08-09-2009, 09:30 AM
:yawn:

pancake
08-09-2009, 09:32 AM
When you're on top, everybody will take shots at you...

fansince'76
08-09-2009, 09:38 AM
And he hates kids! :chuckle:

WindyCitySteelerFan
08-09-2009, 09:46 AM
He kicks bunny rabbits!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-09-2009, 09:48 AM
...and hates John Wayne movies.:noidea:

stillers4me
08-09-2009, 09:48 AM
There may have been a little bit of truth to this at the beginning......remember the Faneca quote? He was young and didn't know how to handle things at first, but I believe as time went on, his teammates have come to love and respect him. And I think he's worked hard for that respect. They sure stood up for him this year at training camp.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-09-2009, 10:01 AM
There may have been a little bit of truth to this at the beginning......remember the Faneca quote? He was young and didn't know how to handle things at first, but I believe as time went on, his teammates have come to love and respect him. And I think he's worked hard for that respect. They sure stood up for him this year at training camp.

..........if you didn't know any better, you'd think that Ken Whisenhunt and Ben Roethlisberger actually like each other.

They do not. Welcome to the Grudge Bowl.

........ Roethlisberger has made it clear that he doesn't care for Whisenhunt's methods or his play calling. He said he disagreed with his former offensive coordinator on a lot of things during their time in Pittsburgh. He called Whisenhunt's offense "predictable." He even sympathized with Matt Leinart when the Cardinals' former starting quarterback was enduring some tough love from the coaching staff.

Neither man acknowledged the other when the Steelers came to Glendale in 2007. No handshakes, no hugs, nothing. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that new Steelers coach Mike Tomlin even met with Roethlisberger before that game, just to make sure his quarterback didn't say anything else outrageous.
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2009/01/27/20090127bickley0127.html

This is just someone who is petty enough to feel taller be tearing another down ***cough*** Whiz ***cough***

Fire Haley
08-09-2009, 11:10 AM
The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

ha ha!

It doesn't even say from which team these anonymous "scouts" are.

Good answer

Yeah I'm sure Rothlisberger's teammates really hated him when he delivered the game winning drive in the Super Bowl.

OneForTheToe
08-09-2009, 11:15 AM
I hear when he does school visits he beats kids up for their milk money.

Edman
08-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Ben Roethlisberger should be reported to the ASPCA for his mistreatment of birds. There is evidence of abuse on various species of birds, among them crows, robins, and cardinals.

siss
08-09-2009, 12:24 PM
He kicks puppies and spits on nuns!

stillers4me
08-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Ben Roethlisberger should be reported to the ASPCA for his mistreatment of birds. There is evidence of abuse on various species of birds, among them crows, robins, and cardinals.

Not to mention his yearly ritual of murdering bengal tigers and poor widdle brown dogs.

7SteelGal43
08-09-2009, 12:46 PM
I think you are all dismissing these claims a little to easily. Maybe there is something to them. I mean, we all know there's no more credible a source than anonymous. By the way LLT, who do you think this anonymous source is ?

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-09-2009, 01:16 PM
I think you are all dismissing these claims a little to easily. Maybe there is something to them. I mean, we all know there's no more credible a source than anonymous. By the way LLT, who do you think this anonymous source is ?

Hmmmmmmm.....:tap:

7SteelGal43
08-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Hmmmmmmm.....:tap:

:toofunny: If i guess right, does that make me a WHIZ kid ?

OneForTheToe
08-09-2009, 02:01 PM

I'll help. I think this is the source of all of Ben's problems.

http://thm-a04.yimg.com/image/b9c1522789f67de6

"Do you think Ben is prettier than me?"

stillers4me
08-09-2009, 02:03 PM
I'ii help. I think this is the source of all of Ben's problems.

Carson always looks like he's smelled a fart.

BehindSteelCurtain
08-09-2009, 02:03 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/Quacker1/poster_orly.jpg

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-09-2009, 02:13 PM

Smellers the feller!!!:fart:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-09-2009, 02:15 PM
:toofunny: If i guess right, does that make me a WHIZ kid ?

:rofl:

We have a winner!!!!:scholar:

wootawnee
08-09-2009, 02:59 PM

How would you feel if you moved from southern California to Cleveland.....:banging:

stillers4me
08-09-2009, 03:04 PM
How would you feel if you moved from southern California to Cleveland.....:banging:

Carson lives in Cincinnati.

Same difference. :wink02:

devilsdancefloor
08-09-2009, 03:51 PM
yeah he is a no good SOB just ask hines, tone, FWp & the entire Oline :coffee: and and he is FAT! Please someone needs to go change their diaper and get over the loss in the super bowl

jjpro11
08-09-2009, 05:07 PM
while that quote is an exaggeration seeing how he time and time again has been able to lead this team against odds.. i can say for a fact that he is definitely not the.. oh, how should i say this.. most humble player on the team. i don't care, as long as he wins football games and stays out of trouble with the law (i don't count the BS ordeal he is dealing with now).

STEELtownHAVOX
08-09-2009, 05:52 PM
He kicks bunny rabbits!!

lol

Justin Otstott
08-09-2009, 05:54 PM
He kicks bunny rabbits!!

LMFGDAO! :rofl:

austinfrench76
08-09-2009, 06:59 PM
There had been rumors about this in the past. But, WHO CARES?! If they follow him as leader, it doent's matter if they like him. I think that Steeler Nation would rather they were winning Super Bowls than going bowling together on Saturday nights! 2 Super Bowls down, I hope they keep on disliking him. Maybe we'll make it a bakers dozen by the time it's all said and done! Go Steelers!

Texasteel
08-09-2009, 07:30 PM

OK!!!! Now things are getting too darn serious.:bringit:

Hot Stuff Nick Sterno
08-09-2009, 07:42 PM
:yawn:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-09-2009, 07:43 PM
OK!!!! Now things are getting too darn serious.:bringit:

Point taken...what was I thinking!!!:doh:

alittlejazzbird
08-09-2009, 10:14 PM
And he hates kids! :chuckle:

...and old people! (Sorry, couldn't resist the "Tin Cup" reference)

Seriously, I can't speak to whether Ben is arrogant (I thought arrogance was only a negative trait in women!), but I think his body of work over the past five seasons really discredits the laziness theory. Bruce Arians and Mike Tomlin both raved last season about how hard Ben worked on helping to craft the offensive plays and all the time he put in outside of practice.

Preacher
08-09-2009, 10:17 PM
the idea of Ben being lazy circulated his first couple of years. it died down over the last couple.

Wonder what this is about... except piling on.

PAMillerGrrl83
08-10-2009, 12:57 AM
I'll help. I think this is the source of all of Ben's problems.

To answer Carson's question.....yes. *Grins*:wave:

BlastFurnace
08-10-2009, 09:45 AM
From everything I have heard and read, Greg Lloyd was hated by many on the Steelers in the 90's. Didn't take away from the Steelers effectiveness though. I don't care who doesn't like Ben.

Dino 6 Rings
08-10-2009, 09:52 AM

HEY! Now that's just down right EVIL to say about a person...Take it Back!

The_WARDen
08-10-2009, 10:25 AM
From everything I have heard and read, Greg Lloyd was hated by many on the Steelers in the 90's. Didn't take away from the Steelers effectiveness though. I don't care who doesn't like Ben.

that's right...who cares if he's liked as long as they respect him.

Dino 6 Rings
08-10-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm sure our 2 Super Bowl MVPs hate it that Ben threw them the ball.

wootawnee
08-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Ben talks a lot of smack......He is a basketball player at heart, they all talk smack with each other.....Lots of people cannot deal with smack talk so they think the dude is wrong and arrogant.........They are the one's with the issues...........They cannot deal with it ......A lot a times the smack talk is inapropriate........But who knows when.......Whatever get over it.......

HometownGal
08-10-2009, 03:02 PM

:applaudit::thumbsup::applaudit:

Who gives a rat's patoot who likes or dislikes Ben? Don't think he much cares either. His teammates respect him and play accordingly, which is all that really matters. :tt02:

Nadroj 20
08-10-2009, 03:25 PM
I agree who cares...he was won 2 superbowls nobody is going to disrespect that!!

TackleMeBen
08-10-2009, 03:29 PM
:applaudit::thumbsup::applaudit:

Who gives a rat's patoot who likes or dislikes Ben? Don't think he much cares either. His teammates respect him and play accordingly, which is all that really matters. :tt02:
i have to agree with HTG. who really cares who likes or dislikes him. i thought these were grown men, not schoolboys. His team knows that he will do whatever he needs to do to win, and that is what is important. just because they dont go bar-hopping or hang out together outside of practice shouldnt really matter.

The_WARDen
08-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Ben talks a lot of smack......He is a basketball player at heart, they all talk smack with each other.....Lots of people cannot deal with smack talk so they think the dude is wrong and arrogant.........They are the one's with the issues...........They cannot deal with it ......A lot a times the smack talk is inapropriate........But who knows when.......Whatever get over it.......

:tap: :hunch:

The Lakelander
08-10-2009, 07:45 PM
I dislike Ben.

:chuckle:

SIKE!

:sofunny: