PDA

View Full Version : Seating Question

jameskluck
08-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Just got my season opener tickets vs the Titans. Sec 135 row K. I found where the section is easy, but how are the seats numbered. I have 22 and 23 and was told they may be isle seats. Is this true? Also I paid $1,010 total for these two seats on stub hub. Is there a cheaper place to find tickets or is this about average?

klick81
08-12-2009, 10:13 AM
Since we're on the topic of Stub Hub...I bought some tickets there about 7 weeks ago, and have yet to receive them.

They're telling me that the seller has until 9/6 to ship them (with 9/6 being a Sunday, and 9/7 being a holiday) for the 9/10 game. It's getting on my F'IN NERVES.

jameskluck
08-12-2009, 08:50 PM
I purchased the tickets yesterday for about $450 a piece + the stub hub processing fee which came out to just over $1,000 total. Funny thing is I'm still waiting on confirmation from the seller. I purchased tickets over the weekend from Ticket City but then got a e-mail 2 days later saying the purchase was cancelled because of a "change in inventory during processing" That really pissed me off. Now I'm starting to wonder if that about to happen again with Stub Hub.

klick81
08-13-2009, 09:50 AM
I purchased the tickets yesterday for about $450 a piece + the stub hub processing fee which came out to just over $1,000 total. Funny thing is I'm still waiting on confirmation from the seller. I purchased tickets over the weekend from Ticket City but then got a e-mail 2 days later saying the purchase was cancelled because of a "change in inventory during processing" That really pissed me off. Now I'm starting to wonder if that about to happen again with Stub Hub.

Any luck on that confirmation? I would think you'd have it confirmed by now.

jameskluck
08-13-2009, 07:43 PM
No confirmation. Plus I found out that seat there is no 23rd seat in that row. Stub Hub says it was a mistake by the seller but not to worry that they will be isle seats in that section and row.

Venom
08-13-2009, 08:44 PM
I see I got very lucky . I bought from eBay 1 ticket for the Viking/Steeler game in sec. 133 row aa for $210.00.

Pittsky
08-13-2009, 09:37 PM
i got SECTION 111 Row F visitor side tix and paid a little over 800 after taxes and everything. i got mine on eBay and i received my hard tickets 4 days after i paid for them. as far as stubhub goes...they've always been good to me...if the deal gets messed up, they will make good on it somehow.

Pittsky
08-13-2009, 09:42 PM

i'll never buy tickets from ticketcity again...they made me send them pics of my credit card and drivers license in order to sell me tix...which made me nervous as hell. never again. then a few months later i had about 300$ worth of crazy charges on my CC. cant say for sure but im pretty sure my info got leaked somehow because the companies i called that had charged my CC said they had all my info...even my address and secure numbers on the back of card. good luck.... :popcorn:

Venom
08-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Ive been very lucky with eBay . Bought many tickets from the website. I trust the sellers feedback and every transactions have ran very smooth .

7willBheaven
08-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Holy crap!! Boy you people are getting ripped off, over $1000 for TWO freakin tix? WOW, i'll take 1/2 the money smack you in the face and be just the same hahah. Especially when those 100's section i've seen/been told face value is like below $200. Ebay is even more fair than what Stub is doing, hell even the Ticket Exchange is better (or craigslist), wow....thats nuts paying that much.

As far as the seats...i believe they usually go up to 25 in each row, i could be wrong, but i thoughts that what it was...if not...then yeah you probably got the end of the row.

klick81
08-16-2009, 10:54 PM
Yeah, even if I do get my tickets, I will probably never again purchase from Stub Hub. They do not do a very good job of assuring you, the buyer, of ANYTHING.

Of course, I wish I knew this before going with them. I've also bought from ebay twice before and had no problem. They just didn't have any "good" tickets at the time I was looking.

jameskluck
08-22-2009, 02:52 PM
I finally got my tickets. They're isle seats right on the 50 steelers side line 11 rows back. This is my first game and those were the best two seats I could find so $1,000 is nothing. Sorry if you're going through a recession 7willBheaven and thats a lot to you. But if you do wanna laugh the price on the tickets themselves say $90. Just wish tickets directly through the venue were available.

7willBheaven
08-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Ok no need to act like a c ocky asshole with your smartass comments newb! $1000 bucks to any normal person is a lot...especially when you can get the same thing way cheaper from other places. Me and anybody else who may have commented on this or said something similar in this thread or any other ticket threads are just trying to help the person out by giving advice and the best way to go about things. We try to help each other out here, we're all Steeler fans (well most of us), thats all i was doing...joking around and giving some friendly advice to you or anyone else who read this. Theres no need to act like a dick back to me or anything for doing that. I could care less how much you wanna spend on tickets, if you wanna get ripped off, fine, but theres a lot of people here who dont.

jameskluck
08-22-2009, 11:01 PM
Smart ass comment? I'm a troubled soul from the East End of Pittsburgh so no part of a smack in the face is funny to me. Next time you see good seats for $200, just say so and maybe your feelings won't get hurt. And wtf is a "newb"?

7willBheaven
08-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Ya know this is crazy. I give MY opinion (which is the main idea of a MB) saying i think thats waaay to much to pay...and make a joke about it...then give advice on possible better places to find tickets...AND on top of it all answer his question about the seating (even though i ended up being wrong, but still). Then i get a comment back from him bragging that 1000 isnt a lot to him...and a cut down comment that he's sorry im in a recession (when i am not), that was uncalled for and rude (esp when i'm trying to help him out), yet i'm the bad guy for all this and defending myself. Dont make no damn sense!

kprst6
08-24-2009, 03:29 PM
I finally got my tickets. They're isle seats right on the 50 steelers side line 11 rows back. This is my first game and those were the best two seats I could find so $1,000 is nothing. Sorry if you're going through a recession 7willBheaven and thats a lot to you. But if you do wanna laugh the price on the tickets themselves say $90. Just wish tickets directly through the venue were available.

That's funny. I purchased seats in section 535 row E (last row of upper level balcony, which are the best seats at Heinz Field IMO because you can stand and not block anyone's views and the seats are on the 50 yard line) last year for the Home Opener for $85.00 a ticket x 2 tickets $170.00 at the Heinz Field ticket office the day of the game (yes they usually have tickets available if you go early enough on game day unless its the Patriots, Colts, or Cowboys in town). You are an idiot for paying $1000.00 for 2 tickets.

I just checked ticketmaster.com. You can get tickets to the Bills preseason game, same ones I sat in last year for $80.00 x 2. Being only 11 rows back is too close anyways because you wont be able to see over all the players on the sideline. You basically paid $1,000 to watch the game on the jumbotron.

Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Buffalo Bills
Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA
Sat, Aug 29, 2009 07:30 PM
Your Ticket(s)
Section
Row
Seats
Description
E
24 - 23
PRICE LEVEL 7
UPPER LEVEL SEATING
LEVEL 5
WEST SIDE OF STADIUM
Type
2 FULL PRICE TICKET

Ticket Price
US $80.00 x 2

Stlrs4Life
08-24-2009, 10:06 PM
He will be able to see 11 rows back at Heinz, because the field is lower. It isn't like 3 Rivers was. But do agree, he way over paid for those tickets. I've never heared of game day ticket sales.

7willBheaven
08-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Since I was bored and actually looking for some tickets for myself...I came across a few listings in near by sections on the same side or opposite side of the field for the opener...

4 Tix, sec 109, Buy it now $1600 (auction at 1200 right now) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260465198561&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT - Still a little much for my taste but yeah...

2 tix, sec 113, right now @ $450 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290341626800&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

2 tix, sec 112, buy it now $781.76, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220405274985&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

2 tix, sec 108, buy it now $699.99 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280386739137&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

2 tix, sec 134, right now @ $400 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170375253258&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Again these sections are not the same exact section, but are very close to it, pretty much same views, etc.

Stlrs4Life
08-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Man, I wish people would just plain out refuse to pay high prices like that.

7willBheaven
08-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Man, I wish people would just plain out refuse to pay high prices like that.

I know what you mean...when people pay them..the other sellers see it then they charge a little more for theres and so on. It makes it hard for people out there who even though are diehard fans can afford to go. There are some people who are fair and dont charge a ton over face value. I've been lucky the last 3 or so years they been doing the tickets through TM to at least get to go to 1 game (even if its a preseason) game a year.

kprst6
08-26-2009, 08:42 AM
Friend got some Hanna Montana tickets for his daughter and they had to go to Will Call and show the Credit card they used to charge them to get the tickets, the night of the show. Garanteeing very little scalping.

They don't even do will call at those concerts anymore. You use your credit card as your ticket and must have your entire party with you as you enter the arena. This pretty much dropped scalping on these tickets 98.00%. I mean, you could meet someone at the concert and enter with them, but that's about it.

jameskluck
08-26-2009, 08:04 PM
ok ok ok. My bad. I'm just excited to go to my first game. I don't plan on spending the same next time. Those were the best seats I can find outside of the club seats. So to me being my first time, any price is worth it. I lived most my life in the Burgh so this is a long time coming. Thanx for the info on more reasonable places to get tickets.

7willBheaven
08-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Your welcome!