PDA

View Full Version : Fast Willie and M.Moore OUT?

Fire Haley
08-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Steelers | Mendenhall likely to see a lot of action in preseason opener

Wed, 12 Aug 2009 07:27:52 -0700

CBSSports.com reports Pittsburgh Steelers RBs Willie Parker (back) and Mewelde Moore (hamstring) are unlikely to play in the team's preseason opener. As a result, RB Rashard Mendenhall is expected to see plenty of action.

Edman
08-12-2009, 02:11 PM
It's not like they were going to play much anyway. It's the first preseason game.

We're going to see the first team for a drive and it's to the bench with them.

Carolina Steelers
08-12-2009, 02:11 PM
This is Mendenhalls chance to shine if he gets most of the reps

KeiselPower99
08-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Moore and Willie were probably combined gonna play 15 plays total as it was gonna be Mendenhalls chance to get playing time and then Vincent Redman and Summers.

Wildcat97
08-12-2009, 02:35 PM
I thought Mendenhall shined a lot last year before that bone crushing hit with R. Lewis.

Psyychoward86
08-12-2009, 02:39 PM
So it's Mendy, Redman, and Summers? I really wanted to see Summers at FB...

SteelCityMan786
08-12-2009, 02:45 PM
The starters will see no more then 1-2 series Tomorrow. I'd rather see them playing for a long period of time in the third preseason game if at all.

solardave
08-12-2009, 03:09 PM
I want to see Rashard and "DA TANK" . Frank needs to impress to make the team. I think we need a guy like him in short yardage.I'm still wondering why we kept Davis over Russell.

HometownGal
08-12-2009, 03:17 PM
I was pretty impressed from what I saw of Mendy last season (though short-lived) and I'm anxious to see him bring it. :thumbsup:

mmalone
08-12-2009, 03:37 PM
I want to see Rashard and "DA TANK" . Frank needs to impress to make the team. I think we need a guy like him in short yardage.I'm still wondering why we kept Davis over Russell.

If redman plays well, redman and summers stay. vincent and davis are the odd men out.

Jackal
08-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Steelers | Mendenhall likely to see a lot of action in preseason opener

Wed, 12 Aug 2009 07:27:52 -0700

CBSSports.com reports Pittsburgh Steelers RBs Willie Parker (back) and Mewelde Moore (hamstring) are unlikely to play in the team's preseason opener. As a result, RB Rashard Mendenhall is expected to see plenty of action.

For his sake, I hope it's hot girl-on-girl action.

Hotrodder07
08-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Although injuries are never good, I'm anxious to see how Mendenhall does. We didn't get to see enough of him last year. I hope he shines this season.

I also want to see Frank the Tank play. Hopefully he's the big bruising back that we all want.

Preacher
08-12-2009, 04:17 PM
I wasn't that impressed with Mendy last year... he had one decent run. However, he was only playing for a few minutes, in his rookie year.

I do however, look forward to seeing him play in the preseason. I have high hopes for the kid.

rich4eagle
08-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Agree nobody know really what the Steelers have in Mendenhall. My guess is he will be a good one.

You took a shot at me elsewhere, uncalled for, I made a statement. Since you jumped in a mea culpa may be in order. Shooting people is NOT kind in this world.

Especially, on this forthright board

Psyychoward86
08-12-2009, 06:48 PM
For his sake, I hope it's hot girl-on-girl action.

What's that supposed to mean? :coffee:

Fire Haley
08-12-2009, 06:52 PM
I want to see Mendenhall and Frank The Tank run.
I want to see Ziggy play.
I want to see Limas Sweed and Mike Wallace catch.
I want to see Wallace and Joe Burnett as returners.
I want to see Dennis Dixon play a lot.
I want to see Timmons stuff the run.

Yeah - that about covers it.

Psyychoward86
08-12-2009, 06:54 PM
And watch some film of him guys. Especially his preseason action. Very good stuff, other than the fumbles. That combination of speed and power on film screams "defensive-nightmare-to-come." I know it's early, but barring injury, Mendy is going to impress.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-12-2009, 07:06 PM
I want to see Ziggy play.
I want to see Limas Sweed and Mike Wallace catch.
I want to see Wallace and Joe Burnett as returners.
I want to see Dennis Dixon play a lot.
I want to see Timmons stuff the run.

Mine looks about the same! :tt03:

Preacher
08-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Agree nobody know really what the Steelers have in Mendenhall. My guess is he will be a good one.

You took a shot at me elsewhere, uncalled for, I made a statement. Since you jumped in a mea culpa may be in order. Shooting people is NOT kind in this world.

Especially, on this forthright board

Your next post on that thread showed me you took it in the way I intended...

if the conversations needs to be continued, then let's do it in that thread, and not hijack this thread.

Galax Steeler
08-13-2009, 06:51 AM
What's that supposed to mean? :coffee:

I don't know got me to.:noidea:

Texasteel
08-13-2009, 08:00 AM
I was pretty impressed from what I saw of Mendy last season (though short-lived) and I'm anxious to see him bring it. :thumbsup:

Me too. I think the kid will be something speacal. Also what to see how Summer handles an NFL defence.

Fire Haley
08-13-2009, 11:17 PM

Let's see how they did

I want to see Ziggy play. (Looked good - moved the pile - got a sack)

I want to see Limas Sweed and Mike Wallace catch. (Sweed did a;right but Wallace stole the show)
I want to see Wallace and Joe Burnett as returners. (No action - incomplete)
I want to see Dennis Dixon play a lot. (Sit down Charlie Batch)
I want to see Timmons stuff the run. (Absoulute dog crap, you afraid of getting hit? - missed tackle whiff, missed tackle whiff, missed tackle whiff, missed tackle whiff, jumped on a back of a guy 7 yds down field only time he got close to making a tackle - Woods outplayed him by a mile, inside)

FacemeIke
08-14-2009, 09:49 AM
I would have liked to seen more of Summers last night. Redman looked really good though! We have a ton of competition at RB and WR though.

I think our WR are looking like Ward, Holmes, Sweed, McDonald and Wallace so far. No idea what RBs are going to be kept at this point, but we are going to have some talent at those positions relegated to practice squad.

Venom
08-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Being that this is Willy Parker's last year of his contract , he may have his best year upcomming .