PDA

View Full Version : Porter's getting fined...

drizze99
01-15-2006, 11:58 PM
I'm sure he'll get fined for saying this...

"I don't even know what to say because I don't know if the league will fine me for saying we got cheated out there today. But on that play right there, that man caught the ball, got on the ground, was getting up, and knocked the ball out with his knee. I mean, I know they wanted Indy to win this game. The whole world loves Peyton Manning, but come on man, don't take the game away from us. That play right there, they tried to take the game away from us."

But, I am sure as hell glad he said it!!

SteelerDan43
01-15-2006, 11:59 PM
If he gets fined the Rooney's should pay for it cause it needed to be said

SteelCityMan786
01-16-2006, 12:02 AM
It's great he stands up for his team.

ngreene15
01-16-2006, 12:02 AM
I'm sure he'll get fined for saying this...

But, I am sure as hell glad he said it!!

For sure... Somebody had to.

On the NFL Network the usually have the head of officiating on a show to explain debated calls during the week. It'll be interesting to see how he sticks up for his boys BS call.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2006, 12:04 AM
Porter is always gonna speak his mind.. I dont know if the league will fine him or not.. but Joey is gonna be joey and he always will be. If he didnt trash talk he wouldnt be the same player.

Koopa
01-16-2006, 12:06 AM
well if it's anything like the nba, then expect him to be fined big for speaking the truth

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-16-2006, 12:20 AM
Joey speaking his mind, no surprise there. You bet he will get fined. The calls were bs. The league will never admit it. However, you got to know they wanted to see the colts in SB.

tony hipchest
01-16-2006, 12:25 AM
the steelers in the sb is a bigger draw. too bad colts. fine joey all you want league

pitt
01-16-2006, 12:31 AM
Refs did everything they could to give this game to the Colts. I'm glad Joey is willing to stand up and tell it like it is.

Brady12
01-16-2006, 12:32 AM
players get fined for this in the CFL, and several other leagues, so i'm sure he could get one, but for a big time player, 10,000 isn't anything or whatever it will be.

Prosdo
01-16-2006, 12:35 AM
He very well could get fined, but as Brady said it's not much to Joey Porter.

Ambridge
01-16-2006, 01:58 AM
For sure... Somebody had to.

On the NFL Network the usually have the head of officiating on a show to explain debated calls during the week. It'll be interesting to see how he sticks up for his boys BS call.

You're right!
I don't think I've ever heard Mike Pereira admit that an official has ever made a mistake when he's reviewed some of those questionable calls on The NFL Network.

Did anyone catch the postgame show on ESPN with Mike Ditka and Sean Salisbury??

Ditka said the officiating was "Disgusting" and that the league would "Cover" the backs of the officials on the Polamalu Non-Interception.

Sean Salisbury, who I usually detest went on a pretty heated rant about how that official blew that call and slow motioned the Polamalu play in studio several times and couldn't figure out what the ref was looking at to overturn the play.

I would never believe it before but I honestly think the refs purposely gave Peyton and the Colts that Overturn call.

Sounds like Paul Tagliabue needs to step in and crack down on the officials before these bad calls really start to get out of hand.

VegasStlrFan
01-16-2006, 01:59 AM
I'm not big on the Tash Talk aspect of the game, but Porter is dead on. Total B.S. today. The Refs kept it from being the blowout it should have been.

Manic D
01-16-2006, 03:47 AM
Hey Brady12, I think it's time you changed that avatar.

LeXX75
01-16-2006, 09:11 AM
All you have to known is Boomer was on our side....Esiason agreeing on a bad call againt the Steelers ..........hell is pretty cold this morning

Da'Burgh
01-16-2006, 10:07 AM
Yeah, I agree. This kind of thing makes me furious. Such serious consequences for such a shit call. It's like the ref wasn't cool when we was a young boy so he wanted to please the Indy fans to feel wanted?

Anyway, I'm real happy Porter stood up. This shouldn't just go without saying. Good job Joey.

Stlrs4Life
01-16-2006, 10:14 AM
If he does get fined, I'm sure it is pocket change for him.

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-16-2006, 10:33 AM
If I had the money I'd pay it myself. He's dead on with his comment!

Suitanim
01-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Sounds like Paul Tagliabue needs to step in and crack down on the officials before these bad calls really start to get out of hand.

Who do you think that official was on the phone with?

"Um...Mr Morelli, this is Commissioner Tagliabue, and, um, this is a little awkward, but, you see, the play you're reviewing right now...well, see, I know it's an interception, and YOU know it's an interception, but, well...we're kind of pulling for the Colts in this one, so we need it NOT to be an interception, if you get my meaning. Sure, it'll look bad for you, but we'll cover for you...we'll make up a new rule in the offseason or something...no, really, we will. Remember that fumble in New England that became the 'Tuck Rule'?"

Steelyasoul007
01-16-2006, 10:45 AM
It had to be said and who better to say it than Joey. I expect an apology from the officials in a day or two.

Suitanim
01-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Tuesday morning is when the league officially issue's apologies. How do I know this? Because I'm a lifelong Steeler fan!

shevdog
01-16-2006, 02:01 PM
Porter just rocks! We love you man!

TexaSteeler
01-16-2006, 02:22 PM
http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9168866

NFL's response to the call.

aphiz
01-16-2006, 02:25 PM
Here's a quote from an espn analyst (Jeremy Green) about the call

The official did interpret the rule as it was written, that is why the Polamalu INT doesn't bother me that much... the rule was interpeted correctly and like the "tuck rule" will be adjusted this off-season.

WTF?! So hypothetically, if Polamalu had stayed on the ground, clutching the ball for an entire minute without anyone touching him, and then knocked the ball out with his knee as he was getting up, it still would have been considered an incomplete pass?? That rule is way more full of BS than the tuck rule.

jbone19
01-16-2006, 02:51 PM
We should have known you can't go play the Colts without stepping in some horse sh**. Zebra sh** in this case.

clevestinks
01-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Fined for speaking the truth! That ref needs fired. A judgement call? B S

melroseplace
01-16-2006, 05:05 PM
hopefully now that the NFL has come out and admitted that was a wrong call he won't get fined. I mean, if he does I think it will be worth it (haha obviously, i dont have to pay for it) but he knows the consequences. it needed to be put out there, and usually Joey's the one to say what needs to be said

83-Steelers-43
01-16-2006, 05:55 PM
For the recored..........

Joey Porter is being interviewed on KDKA by Bob Pompeani and Porter stated that Cowher told him that the NFL will NOT be dishing out a fine in his direction.

24seven
01-16-2006, 06:18 PM
you can always count on Porter to say it like it is.. He didn't say anything else that millions in America were already thinking

Sharkissle29
01-16-2006, 08:26 PM
im glad he said it, and if he gets the fine he wont be the only one paying it. either the team will chip in, or the rooneys