PDA

View Full Version : Who's excited?

Franco32Harris
08-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Who's excited to watch the Steelers play tomorrow night? I am very excited I am happy that football is starting even though it is only preseason.

J Dogg
08-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Not really. It's only preseason. Preseason games usually suck by the middle of the 1st quarter.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-12-2009, 09:44 PM
I am excited to a point.

It's Steelers football, something I haven't seen live since Feb. 2nd.

I am excited to see Mendenhall come out and hopefully earn a good amount of carries this season.

To see Frank "The Tank" Summers take over the short yardage/goal line carries.

To see Timmons light it up and prove he was worth a first round selection.

To see Evander "Ziggy" Hood come out and bring a new energy to the defensive line.

The Definiti0n
08-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Not really. It's only preseason. Preseason games usually suck by the middle of the 1st quarter.

Other teams I change the channel but Steeler preseason games I watch every snap.

fansince'76
08-12-2009, 09:52 PM
I am looking forward to seeing what the new players can bring to the table, seeing Mendy back in action, seeing how Timmons handles starting, and seeing Sep back.

Hotrodder07
08-12-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm excited! I don't care if it's preseason; it's been far too long since I've seen my Steelers play. Can't wait until tomorrow night.

CantStop85
08-12-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm excited to watch anyone play...

I'm also excited to be watching Hard Knocks right now. :chuckle:

TackleMeBen
08-12-2009, 10:05 PM
I am looking forward to seeing what the new players can bring to the table, seeing Mendy back in action, seeing how Timmons handles starting, and seeing Sep back.
we know that HTG will be glued to a TV when Sep is punting:chuckle:.

BlastFurnace
08-12-2009, 10:27 PM
The offseason has gone so quick. I'm still so happy about February 1st. It's still too soon for me. I guess I better get ready though.

JackHammer
08-13-2009, 12:54 AM
I'm excited. I can't wait to get a look at guys like Sweed, Wallace, Ziggy, among other young bucks.

7SteelGal43
08-13-2009, 12:57 AM

Well, aren't WE mr sunshine :sun:

it's still football...and it's STEELER :helmet: football. HELL YEAH *high five myself*

7SteelGal43
08-13-2009, 12:59 AM
Other teams I change the channel but Steeler preseason games I watch every snap.

That's what I'm talking 'bout bro :drink:

shoot, wish they'd come up with a high 5 smiley already

7SteelGal43
08-13-2009, 01:00 AM
I'm excited! I don't care if it's preseason; it's been far too long since I've seen my Steelers play. Can't wait until tomorrow night.

and a high 5 for you too

steelreserve
08-13-2009, 01:02 AM
I'm trying to be excited, but not really. I've been to a few preseason games out here in SF over the years, and it seems like anything that happens in the games doesn't even matter. I've seen rookies or second-string guys completely tear it up all preseason, and then they don't even make the team. I'm going to have to wait until the real games to start getting excited.

SteelersinCA
08-13-2009, 01:32 AM
I'm excited because I'm really expecting a lot out of our younger players. Really curious to see how Mendenhall, Dixon and Sweed have come along.

Nadroj 20
08-13-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm excited. I can't wait to get a look at guys like Sweed, Wallace, Ziggy, among other young bucks.

I agree with you thats the only reason i am really excited i want to see how the younger guys preform in hopes they can benefit the team this year.

The Lakelander
08-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Who's excited to watch the Steelers play tomorrow night? I am very excited I am happy that football is starting even though it is only preseason.

http://emoticons4u.com/love/new/love-smiley-086.gif

:chuckle:

:tt03:

Galax Steeler
08-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Nine and a half hours away it is getting closer and closer.

:tt02:HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO:tt02:

X-Terminator
08-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Can't get excited about a preseason game, but I do want to see how some of our younger guys do, specifically Sweed and Mendenhall.

Fire Haley
08-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Hell yes I'm excited - it's Football

More importantly - it's Steelers football.

If you can't get it up for the first taste of a new year, then you are probably dead already and should just go dig a hole, climb in and get it over with.

KeiselPower99
08-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Steelers Football!!!! I like watchin the younger guys fight for a chance. Thats the best part of preseason

Godfather
08-13-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm pumped. Football is football.

LVSteelersfan
08-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Being a diehard Steeler fan for over 30 years, I am ALWAYS excited any time that they play. I want to see the rookies and second year players perform to see if they will be a help this year. I will be with other diehards at the Steeler bar, JC Wooloughan's in Las Vegas as we have our signup for the Terrible Towel Club. This bar is standing room only during Steeler games.

Nadroj 20
08-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Being a diehard Steeler fan for over 30 years, I am ALWAYS excited any time that they play. I want to see the rookies and second year players perform to see if they will be a help this year. I will be with other diehards at the Steeler bar, JC Wooloughan's in Las Vegas as we have our signup for the Terrible Towel Club. This bar is standing room only during Steeler games.

That sounds awesome that would be a fun environment to watch a game in.

DJ919
08-13-2009, 01:14 PM
:tt02:...Ready For Tonight!...Yeah its preseason, but its the start of our quest for 7! ... "We're filling up the other hand!"

SteelMember
08-13-2009, 01:54 PM
If it's Steelers football...I'm watching.

Am I excited? Just knowing football is that much closer is exciting to me. :tt03:

:applaudit::drink::drink::tt03::applaudit::drink: :drink:

The Definiti0n
08-13-2009, 01:58 PM
LETS GO STEELER NATION!!!!!!

Neil-Still-Rules-14
08-13-2009, 03:07 PM
I can't wait til it's 4th and goal at the one. Then from the sideline, a massive figure wearing number 44 emerges. Slowly Heinz Field starts to mumble......."FRANK THE TANK......FRANK THE TANK......FRANK THE TANK" Then Summers busts into the endzone for 6.

mmalone
08-13-2009, 03:45 PM
I can't wait til it's 4th and goal at the one. Then from the sideline, a massive figure wearing number 44 emerges. Slowly Heinz Field starts to mumble......."FRANK THE TANK......FRANK THE TANK......FRANK THE TANK" Then Summers busts into the endzone for 6.

lets at least give the tank 8 trys to get one in on 1st and goal... the steelers had 8 trys at the end of the 3rd qtr of the superbowl and didnt get one in.. they kicked a field goal, no one lost thier job over that?

lets give all these rookies a fair shake. not the one shot your out mentality...

with that mentality ben, parker, miller should be out.. ben gets sacked, almost throws an int, parker gets stuffed 4-5 times, miller drops one over the middle. then reed gets the three... actually he kicked two field goals in the same drive.. 20-7 at that point...

Pittsburghfan
08-13-2009, 03:49 PM

Then he takes off his helmet and reveals it to be Jerome Bettis, announcing his un-retirement and return to the Steelers. After that he rips his #44 jersey and under it is a #36 Bettis jersey.

7SteelGal43
08-13-2009, 04:19 PM
reworked the lyrics just a little....feel free to sing along

"It's the most wonderful time of the year

Flacco's flat on his backo,

Ed Reed is a douchebag

Troy gets a pick six

It's the most most wonderful time of the yeeeaaarrrrrrr":tt03:

Psyychoward86
08-13-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm pumped. But why does everyone think Frank is going to be nothing but a short yardage/goal line back :/

The Definiti0n
08-13-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm pumped. But why does everyone think Frank is going to be nothing but a short yardage/goal line back :/

Frank is headed for the practice squad.

TommyG
08-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Even though it is preseason, I am still excited the season is starting.

HERE WE GO STEELERS......HERE WE GO.

:tt02::tt03::tt::tt03::tt02:

onefortheotherhand
08-13-2009, 04:48 PM
i was wondering that too...he seems like he could turn into a main facet of our offence and not just a short yardage guy.

but im siked for game!! who cares if its preseason!!

i got my fast willie jersey on, steeler shoes and of course the terrible towel!

Preacher
08-13-2009, 04:51 PM

Frank is headed for the practice squad.

That's what it sounds like. However, game time and game speed are a different issue Some players just don't practice well. Hopefully the Tank can show something and make the 53 man roster.

steelerdave1969
08-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Yeh, I hope your right about Summers. But he will most likely make it to the practice squad...
and you know it... I am pumped and ready for the season to get started.. preseason or not.. I am ready baby..
:tt02:

PisnNapalm
08-13-2009, 05:42 PM

I'm glad football season is nearly here but... meh... it's preseason. *shrugs*

Dino 6 Rings
08-13-2009, 05:49 PM
HERE WE GO!

I'm just glad I get to see something other than Highlights from last year...FINALLY!

Steve_39
08-13-2009, 05:57 PM
I really can't wait, though it seemed to take a lot longer last year :P

SteelTalons
08-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Duuuuuuudddddeeeeeee! Im off the wall hyper right now its been a long ass time since we've last seen them play. I cant get football off the brain, I think I just called my cat football actually... I think I need help. As in 8pm to hurry up and get here so I can see how everyone's playing at the moment. :chuckle:

FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL!!! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

:helmet: Black and Gold forever! :tt02:

Fire Haley
08-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Gruden on NFL Live: 'Steelers defense is just nasty"

Yeah - just get out there and HIT someone....I mean you Timmons.