PDA

View Full Version : Halloween 2

KeiselPower99
08-13-2009, 09:46 AM
With all the political threads posted I thought what would be better then to talk about a slasher flick. Anyone gonna go see it? I looks pretty good.

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr226/zombiezombie/newmask.jpg

TackleMeBen
08-13-2009, 10:12 AM
why keep remaking classic movies???? halloween was one of the great horror movies when it came out. and no i am not going to go see it, b/c the original scared the living crap out of me when i was young.

SteelCityKing
08-13-2009, 10:39 AM
i really cannot wait for this movie. when i first heard they were remaking the original Halloween, i thought, "oh crap! not again." but oncve i heard Rob Zombie actually got John Carpenter's blessing to make the film, i thought, "sweet. this'll rock." and it did. the sequel looks like it's going to be even better and from what i hear, keep your eyes peeled for "Weird" Al Yankovic. he makes a cameo. haha!

Rob Zombie is now a bonafide horror film director and if he makes this a trilogy, the skies the limits for him. i can't wait for this film...period.

on a side note, i always like when people bitch and whine about filmmakers remaking classic films. but i always ask them, "why not remake it? Hollywood obviously can't think of anything original and i don't see you or me out there making movies. if you don't like it...don't go see it. quit crying and give it a chance." the new Friday the 13th was off the hook and The Amityville Horror was way better than the original. the only remake i didn't like was The Omen. it was basically the same damn film but with better special effects. equally creepy, but eh. =)

horror movies are a great topic of conversation for me. haha!

SteelCityKing
08-13-2009, 10:42 AM
why keep remaking classic movies???? halloween was one of the great horror movies when it came out. and no i am not going to go see it, b/c the original scared the living crap out of me when i was young.

the original Halloween was a great film. it was a trailblazer in the horror/slasher genre, i'll give you that. but in retrospect, it really wasn't that good. in my eyes, it was like "The Exorcist". really scary...but really boring. it didn't grab me like i thought it would when i first seen it. and to this day it doesn't quite hit me like a horror movie should. good film...but lackluster for our generation.

KeiselPower99
08-13-2009, 10:55 AM
i really cannot wait for this movie. when i first heard they were remaking the original Halloween, i thought, "oh crap! not again." but oncve i heard Rob Zombie actually got John Carpenter's blessing to make the film, i thought, "sweet. this'll rock." and it did. the sequel looks like it's going to be even better and from what i hear, keep your eyes peeled for "Weird" Al Yankovic. he makes a cameo. haha!

Rob Zombie is now a bonafide horror film director and if he makes this a trilogy, the skies the limits for him. i can't wait for this film...period.

on a side note, i always like when people bitch and whine about filmmakers remaking classic films. but i always ask them, "why not remake it? Hollywood obviously can't think of anything original and i don't see you or me out there making movies. if you don't like it...don't go see it. quit crying and give it a chance." the new Friday the 13th was off the hook and The Amityville Horror was way better than the original. the only remake i didn't like was The Omen. it was basically the same damn film but with better special effects. equally creepy, but eh. =)

horror movies are a great topic of conversation for me. haha!

I forgot about the new Friday the 13th. Damn. Ill have to stop by the video store in the morning and grab it and the new Madden. The Amityville Horror remake was damn good.

arge5809
08-13-2009, 11:10 AM
The remake of the first Halloween was awesome, the sequel should be just as good... How about the remake of My bloody valentine?

TackleMeBen
08-13-2009, 11:16 AM
the original Halloween was a great film. it was a trailblazer in the horror/slasher genre, i'll give you that. but in retrospect, it really wasn't that good. in my eyes, it was like "The Exorcist". really scary...but really boring. it didn't grab me like i thought it would when i first seen it. and to this day it doesn't quite hit me like a horror movie should. good film...but lackluster for our generation.
i think halloween 5 was the scariest to me. i went to the movies and seen it, and after that i never watched another horror movie again.

Dino 6 Rings
08-13-2009, 11:54 AM
First off the Exorcist is the scariest movie of all time. Boring? sure, to the person that wants a hack and slash film where the bad guy just runs around hacking up pretty little coeds with a butcher knife with boob shots and panty covered butts on screen.

But if you want Real Horror, the Exorcist is it. From the discovery of the statue in Iraq to the end sequence where one preist dies and the other goes for a ride out the window, the Movie is one big stress out. The scene wear Reagan pisses on the floor during the dinner party or works herself over with a Crucifix screaming let Jesus Fck You...will never be matched. Ever.

"See what she did, your cnting daughter"

Go watch it again Uncut, on DVD with no interuptions and then get back to me.

If I want Hack and Slash, sure, I'll watch one of these Countless Remakes, F13, Halloween, Dawn of the Dead, or what not. But when I'm in the mood for just a good movie, that is horror based, I'll watch the Exorcist or Jaws. You can have your "modern blood fest gore" crap. I like Films, not garbage. House of a Thousand corpses was pathetic. The Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre when the chick trying to escape just flat out books down a hall and knowing she is on the 2nd floor dives right through the glass window not caring because she is flat out That Freaking Scared for her life, now that's Horror. That's Fear.

Oh, great Horror movie, little known staring Jeff Goldblum, called Mr Frost. Totally recommend that one.

TackleMeBen
08-13-2009, 12:07 PM
another good horror movie was salems lot.

MACH1
08-13-2009, 01:46 PM
First off the Exorcist is the scariest movie of all time.

I agree.

First time I watched I didn't sleep for two weeks. Kept waiting for my bed to move. :laughing:
Although I was only 12-13 years old at the time. :doh:

The_WARDen
08-13-2009, 01:48 PM

Why? Because Hollywood is all about $$ and there is no originality any longer...

Recycle this...Recycle that...make 15 Batman movies... *yawn*

xfl2001fan
08-13-2009, 02:06 PM
The Batman remakes have been awesome darnit! :P That being said, I'd love to see more originality as well. However, if the remake is done right, it's worth seeing. Not like the remake for The Longest Yard. Funny, but not nearly as good as the original.

That being said (and back on topic)

I doubt I'll see this movie. The Horror thing is meh to me. The wife really doesn't like it and most of my friends are much more into comedy/drama/action movies than they are Horror.

SteelCityKing
08-15-2009, 12:53 AM
to me, the all-time greatest horror movie would have to be "The Shining." it was a flawless book and a great adaptaion by one of films most distinguished directors, Stanley Kubrick. amazing visuals, brilliant performances, and one of the greatest horror movie epics. you can't touch this movie for screams and chills. "The Shining" tackles something that has never been seen before in film. an unknown horror. nobody knows why that movie was so scary. it wasn't a ghost or a killer and it wasn't an actual object that was the catalyst of the film. it was the human nature of fear and cabin fever. the fear of isolation and dementia causing unknown terrors and delusions that can't be explained causing thoughts of homocide and rage that one would never expect to act on. it's something that everyone can experience...unlike a burnt up child molester who haunts your dreams. haha!

"The Exorcist" was good and it's still prevelant in pop-culture today. but to me, it was a "shock value" movie. the only reason it was so scary was because nobody had ever seen anything like that back in it's heyday. my mother say it in the theatre and she loved it. but she even said to me, "i watched 'The Ring' and it was even scarier than 'The Exorcist." granted, i don't agree with her. but to me, you can't touch "The Shining."

that's just me throwing that out there. "The Exorcist" - great movie and extremely boring. "The Shining" - cult classic and probably one of the finest films ever made. not just horror movies, but of all time.

IMDB Ranking:
"The Exorcist" - #210 of 250
"The Shining" - #52 of 250

JackHammer
08-15-2009, 03:57 AM
Zombie did one hell of a job on his first Halloween. I don't see why this one would be any different. Can't wait to check it out!

HometownGal
08-15-2009, 09:02 AM
I HATE horror movies, so . . . NO. :horror:

Preacher
08-15-2009, 06:20 PM
I think there has to be a separation here within the genre. THere are teen horror movies, and adulti horror movies.

For Teen horror movies, I think the original Nightmare on Elm Street, in the day was brutal. At that point, who else thought about a guy that would enter your dreams and kill you while you slept?

Sadly series became a caricature of itself quite fast.... Until the final movie. Believe it or not, it too was a great movie, mainly because it crossed the lines, and the actors played themselves in the movie, talking about the characters until they began to be haunted by the demon that was driving Wes Craven's original picture (he was writing it out of dreams he had, or soemthign like that).

That blurring of movie and "real life" was a fascinating plot.

beSteelmyheart
08-15-2009, 06:31 PM
I just recently saw the remake of The Last House on the Left, which was ok...They took away alot of the old corniness that was present in the original, but there was something missing.
I'll eventually see the new Halloween, but on DVD so we'll see.
I agree with the poster who spoke of the fear factor in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre-and it's not half as gory as the remakes-it didn't have to be. Crazy families are scary enough!
I saw the Exorcist when I was a kid-my family members took me to the drive-in, thinking I'd be asleep thru the whole thing-oops! The movie that freaked me out as a kid the worst was Night of the Living Dead-it was on my mind for weeks!

SteelCityKing
08-16-2009, 12:42 AM
I just recently saw the remake of The Last House on the Left, which was ok...They took away alot of the old corniness that was present in the original, but there was something missing.
I'll eventually see the new Halloween, but on DVD so we'll see.
I agree with the poster who spoke of the fear factor in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre-and it's not half as gory as the remakes-it didn't have to be. Crazy families are scary enough!
I saw the Exorcist when I was a kid-my family members took me to the drive-in, thinking I'd be asleep thru the whole thing-oops! The movie that freaked me out as a kid the worst was Night of the Living Dead-it was on my mind for weeks!

"The Last House on the Left" was a really good movie. i never seen the original, but the remake was REALLY intense and REALLY brutal. almost to the point when i had to look away. it was a great tense and taut thriller and totally worth it if you like solid horror movies.

i just got done watching "My Bloody Valentine" and i must say, i was impressed. it was really suspenseful and some of the deaths were really original and gut wrenching. a nice twisted plot and a beautifully directed movie...it's a must own for horror fanatics too.

i also recommend "High Tension" and the remake of "The Hills Have Eyes" was beyond crazy. i love me some horror flicks. =)

KeiselPower99
08-16-2009, 11:47 AM
I think there has to be a separation here within the genre. THere are teen horror movies, and adulti horror movies.

For Teen horror movies, I think the original Nightmare on Elm Street, in the day was brutal. At that point, who else thought about a guy that would enter your dreams and kill you while you slept?

Sadly series became a caricature of itself quite fast.... Until the final movie. Believe it or not, it too was a great movie, mainly because it crossed the lines, and the actors played themselves in the movie, talking about the characters until they began to be haunted by the demon that was driving Wes Craven's original picture (he was writing it out of dreams he had, or soemthign like that).

That blurring of movie and "real life" was a fascinating plot.

Speaking of teen horror movies I read that they are making a Scream 4.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-16-2009, 12:10 PM
The last good horror flick I personally saw was "Stir of Echos". It was a nice change to see a movie that was more "Frightening" than "Shock and Gore"

Also like the original "Alien".

SteelCityMom
08-16-2009, 01:02 PM
"The Last House on the Left" was a really good movie. i never seen the original, but the remake was REALLY intense and REALLY brutal. almost to the point when i had to look away. it was a great tense and taut thriller and totally worth it if you like solid horror movies.

i just got done watching "My Bloody Valentine" and i must say, i was impressed. it was really suspenseful and some of the deaths were really original and gut wrenching. a nice twisted plot and a beautifully directed movie...it's a must own for horror fanatics too.

i also recommend "High Tension" and the remake of "The Hills Have Eyes" was beyond crazy. i love me some horror flicks. =)

Hight Tension is incredible. Love The Hills Have Eyes as well (original and remake).

[REC] is one of my favorite "newer" horror movies.

For classic horror flicks that I can watch anytime, my favorites are Night of the Living Dead (or anything else by Romero), Suspiria (or most anything else by Argento), Last Man on Earth (or pretty much anything with Vincent Price), Psycho, Repulsion, The Innocents, Les diaboliques, The Thing....and just too many more. I love me some horror flicks!

MACH1
08-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Phantasm is always a good one.

TackleMeBen
08-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Phantasm is always a good one.
my brother and his friends would watch that and just laugh at it.

and for the shining, it was another good horror movie. i loved the part where jack started axing the door and says here's johnny. that part cracked me up.

SteelCityKing
08-19-2009, 07:16 AM
The last good horror flick I personally saw was "Stir of Echos". It was a nice change to see a movie that was more "Frightening" than "Shock and Gore"

Also like the original "Alien".

"Alien" is my favorite out of the quadrilogy. "Alien 3", "Alien: Resurrection", then "Aliens". the first one is one of my favorite sci-fi movies of all time. in fron of "Sunshine", "The Fifth Element", "Event Horizon", and of course, "Star Trek."

Ridley Scott is on tap to do a prequel to "Alien." i can't wait for that. =)

"Stir of Echoes" is probably my favorite Kevin Bacon movie and is in the "Most Underrated Films of All-Time Catergory" next to "12 Monkeys" and "The Game" with Michael Douglas and Sean Penn.

SteelCityKing
08-19-2009, 07:18 AM
Hight Tension is incredible. Love The Hills Have Eyes as well (original and remake).

[REC] is one of my favorite "newer" horror movies.

For classic horror flicks that I can watch anytime, my favorites are Night of the Living Dead (or anything else by Romero), Suspiria (or most anything else by Argento), Last Man on Earth (or pretty much anything with Vincent Price), Psycho, Repulsion, The Innocents, Les diaboliques, The Thing....and just too many more. I love me some horror flicks!

"Night of the Living Dead" is probably 2nd on my all-time favorite horror movies list. i love that Romero holds it down for Pittsburgh and he is a horror icon. i want to get a tattoo of him, Andy Warhol, and Art Rooney in a group hug! haha!

"Psycho" was good, but to me it was a little overrated. i still like it a lot, but to me it falls in the vein of "The Exorcist" in the fact that was ahead of it's time for it's time and nobody during that time era has ever seen a movie like that. the remake was decent too. Vince Vaughn was actually serious and wasn't being a doofus. good movie though.

SteelCityKing
08-19-2009, 07:20 AM
my brother and his friends would watch that and just laugh at it.

and for the shining, it was another good horror movie. i loved the part where jack started axing the door and says here's johnny. that part cracked me up.

i think the scariest part of "The Shining" is...well...the whole damn movie! haha! there really isn't a part in the film that doesn't give me the chills. the scariest scene is when Dick Halloran, played by the late great Scatman Crothers gets axed in the bread basket. totally unexpected and brutal as hell. it makes me jump everytime. *sigh* i love "The Shining* i want it to be the theme of my wedding someday! haha!

Dino 6 Rings
08-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Scariest part in the shining is when Shelly is running around the hotel and sees some dude dressed in a dog costume going down on another guy and they both look at the camera and freak her and the audience the hell out. That's the scariest part of the Shining.

The Exorcist still stands the test of time. Nothing is that good and intense. It isn't shock value, its a slow gradual progression from the initial "rats in the attic" noises to the full out possession of Reagan and the ensuing madness that takes place.

Night of the Living Dead (original) the little girl in the basement, I met her once at a horror show convention. Also met Michael Berryman (Bug Eyed Dude on the Cover) from the original The Hills Have Eyes.

One of the scarier movies of modern times for me was the Descent. Stuck under ground with a bunch of mutants and not knowing the way out. That movie had me on edge.

However, most of today's stuff is crap. Total Crap.

Dino 6 Rings
08-19-2009, 01:21 PM
I'm kind of sick of the "She's really dead and doesn't know it" or "They are the only ones alive and don't know it" type movies that have been hitting the market.

Dino 6 Rings
08-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Watched some movie where some girl gets out of a psycho ward and goes home to her dad and his new wife after her mom Blew Up in some accident, and then she starts hanging with her older sister again..until the older sister freaks out and kills dad's new wife...but guess what? Sister died in the explosion too, it was really the original girl doing all the crazy stuff and she really killed dad's new wife and she was responsible for blowing up mom too...so freaking lame. So tired of that stuff.

Sixth Sense nailed it. The Others toyed with it in an ok way, but otherwise...total crap.

SteelCityMom
08-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Watched some movie where some girl gets out of a psycho ward and goes home to her dad and his new wife after her mom Blew Up in some accident, and then she starts hanging with her older sister again..until the older sister freaks out and kills dad's new wife...but guess what? Sister died in the explosion too, it was really the original girl doing all the crazy stuff and she really killed dad's new wife and she was responsible for blowing up mom too...so freaking lame. So tired of that stuff.

Sixth Sense nailed it. The Others toyed with it in an ok way, but otherwise...total crap.

I agree with you on this (I can't think of the name of the movie right now either, just know I hated it). I was actually able to get into a bit until the end. I accepted it for the random fluff horror flick that it was, but the ending just blew it for me. Total junk.

TackleMeBen
08-19-2009, 01:53 PM
or where the little boy was standing at the mirror and kept saying redrum, but it was murder backwards.

SteelCityMom
08-19-2009, 01:57 PM
"Night of the Living Dead" is probably 2nd on my all-time favorite horror movies list. i love that Romero holds it down for Pittsburgh and he is a horror icon. i want to get a tattoo of him, Andy Warhol, and Art Rooney in a group hug! haha!

"Psycho" was good, but to me it was a little overrated. i still like it a lot, but to me it falls in the vein of "The Exorcist" in the fact that was ahead of it's time for it's time and nobody during that time era has ever seen a movie like that. the remake was decent too. Vince Vaughn was actually serious and wasn't being a doofus. good movie though.

It's Anthony Perkins face coupled with his everyday meek demeanor that made me love Psycho so much. There's not a ton of suspense or real horror (at least todays standard of horror) in it, it's more psychological for me. It's not the scariest movie by far, but I always enjoy it. I loved Vince Vaughn in the sequel. My favorite movie of his next to Swingers. Hated Anne Heche though, hate her in everything she does.

The Exorcist just didn't do it for me. I don't know if it's because I'm not a religious person and therefore not terrified by demonic possession or if it was just that the first 45 minutes of the movie bored me that any kind of action after that point was very welcome. I don't know, to me even Poltergeist was scarier than Exorcist. I will say though, the book is excellent. The movie can't hold a candle to the book.

Dino 6 Rings
08-24-2009, 12:11 PM
oh god...watched some piece of trash this weekend on HBO or Showtime called "In a Dark Place" Horrible film. Just god awful. One of those "ghost" stories with kids and some baby sitter. Just bad.

Cheppy
08-24-2009, 04:07 PM
i really cannot wait for this movie. when i first heard they were remaking the original Halloween, i thought, "oh crap! not again." but oncve i heard Rob Zombie actually got John Carpenter's blessing to make the film,

All Carpenter cares about in regards to his films getting remade is getting his royalties so he can keep playing NBA Live stoned and watching Laker games. He could care-less about who's at the helm. Though he is in the middle of filming a new flick called The Ward which is gonna hit theaters next year. I'm psyched for that.

And Zombie is a hack director.

Cheppy
08-24-2009, 04:10 PM
If I want Hack and Slash, sure, I'll watch one of these Countless Remakes, F13, Halloween, Dawn of the Dead, or what not. But when I'm in the mood for just a good movie, that is horror based, I'll watch the Exorcist or Jaws. You can have your "modern blood fest gore" crap. I like Films, not garbage. House of a Thousand corpses was pathetic. The Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre when the chick trying to escape just flat out books down a hall and knowing she is on the 2nd floor dives right through the glass window not caring because she is flat out That Freaking Scared for her life, now that's Horror. That's Fear.

Yes!:applaudit: I think Alien gives The Excorcist a run for its money in the scare department though. Every other aspect of filmaking Alien just owns it.

What's your favorite horror flick? I keep going back and forth between Night Of The Living Dead & The Thing.

Tankus_Maximus
08-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Haven't seen it yet, but I will, simply bc Rob Zombie does NOT disappoint. From House of 1,000 Corpses, the guy has been a great film-maker.

beSteelmyheart
08-24-2009, 05:33 PM

I've got High Tension on DVD & think it's pretty damn good but the connection is hard to make, if you know what I mean(don't want to be a spoiler)
I have all 3 Hills Have Eyes-I'm not really crazy about Remake 2...Do you like the original?
I met that bald guy at a Carl's Jr in Benicia CA & he was such a cool guy! (I'm pretty sure his name is Michael Berryman?)

Dino 6 Rings
08-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Michael Berryman is way cool. I met him once too at a Horror show convention. He's a very cool guy.

As for Alien, its a fantastic movie. It has the "trapped" feeling as an underlying theme the entire time. I mean, where do you run to when you're in outer space? I think that adds to the fear for that movie, not just the monster, but the trapped isolation. Of coarse at the end there is the escape pod, I'm pretty sure had I known early on there was an escape pod, I'd have gotten off that ship a lot sooner. But Alien was very good.

House of 1,000 Corpses bored me to tears. Sorry but nothing about it scared me. And when I say Texas Chainsaw Massacre, I mean the first one, not the remake or the lame sequels.

Dino 6 Rings
08-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Oh, and I love Zombie Movies. From the Original Night of the Living Dead to even some of the Remakes, like Dawn of the Dead, I'm a fan.

28 Days Later was pretty intense. I hate runners, give me the living dead zombies over the virus running zombies any day of the week. Didn't we have an entire theme dedicated to Zombies earlier in the year? Pretty sure we did. Anyway, Original Dawn of the Dead is freaking awesome.

Original Friday the 13th rocks just because I get to see Kevin Bacon have an Arrow rammed through his neck. Love that every time. Original Nightmare on Elm Street was pretty scary but since Freddy is now a joke, the movie itself is hard to sit through with real terror feelings.

Rosemary's baby...gets lots of love but for me, I'm not a fan. Big deal, a couple devil worshipers want her to have satan's child...not scary. I find the Believers to be actually scarier.

Hellraiser. The First Hellraiser is Freaking Scary as Helllllll!!!!

The Thing is also very scary and again, adds to the the effect with the "isolation" fear. You're in the artic, where the hell are you going to run?

Cheppy
08-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Horror films haven't scared me for years but that doesn't keep me from loving the genre. Of all the horror flicks released in the last decade I hold only two in as high of a regard as I do the classics from my childhood. (ala, the thing, evil dead) The Mist (the black & white version is the only version) and this:

sZJUgsZ56vQ

Cheppy
08-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Review of Zombie's latest piece: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42155