PDA

View Full Version : It's Official, Vick to Eagles!

jjbrasso
08-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Thank god. Signed two year deal.

steelax04
08-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Already covered in your OTHER Vick thread... http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=37245

fansince'76
08-13-2009, 08:40 PM
And the dopes on ESPN claim that McNabb won't be happy. Uh, McNabb is a better QB on his worst day than Vick has ever been on his best day, even before the 2-year layoff.

St33lersguy
08-13-2009, 08:41 PM
:jawdrop:

But Tom Brady is playing again tonight :chuckle:

HometownGal
08-13-2009, 08:44 PM
THANK GOD!!!! Now we can spend our time concentrating on OUR Steelers instead of brainstorming on why the Steelers should sign the douchenozzle. :rolleyes:

Poor McNabb - he's gotta be pissed and I don't blame him. He gets rid of one drama queen a few years back (TO) and now the Eagles bring in another. Oy vey.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Can New Jersey please take Philthydelphia off of Pennsylvania's hands now?

X-Terminator
08-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Oh boy...Eagles fans are NOT going to like this. It should be fun to watch, though.

The Patriot
08-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Do we know if he's gonna play QB?

SteelCityMan786
08-13-2009, 09:35 PM
THANK GOD!!!! Now we can spend our time concentrating on OUR Steelers instead of brainstorming on why the Steelers should sign the douchenozzle. :rolleyes:

Poor McNabb - he's gotta be pissed and I don't blame him. He gets rid of one drama queen a few years back (TO) and now the Eagles bring in another. Oy vey.

Agreed. I found no reason why they should sign him anyway as it is.

silver & black
08-13-2009, 10:06 PM
I can hear it now...................... "what were the Raiders thinking!? How could they possibly not sign this guy!?" The media will spin this negatively against the Raiders some how. :chuckle:

steelreserve
08-13-2009, 10:46 PM
And the dopes on ESPN claim that McNabb won't be happy. Uh, McNabb is a better QB on his worst day than Vick has ever been on his best day, even before the 2-year layoff.

No, on his worst day, McNabb is injured. That's the only reason I can imagine they did this. If Donovan's knee blown up or something, their Super Bowl chances don't go all the way down the toilet. Instead, they just go halfway down and get clogged until the crapper overflows. At least that fits with the character of the city.

Meh, Philly never liked dogs anyway.

HometownGal
08-13-2009, 10:53 PM
Oh boy...Eagles fans are NOT going to like this. It should be fun to watch, though.

Those crazy mofos pelted Santa Claus with snowballs a few years back so I can only imagine what they have in store for the dog killer. :laughing:

RoethlisBURGHer
08-13-2009, 11:14 PM
Those crazy mofos pelted Santa Claus with snowballs a few years back so I can only imagine what they have in store for the dog killer. :laughing:

Browns fans might sue if Eagle fans start throwing dog biscuits at him! :toofunny:

Preacher
08-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Here is the big issue...

With Philly getting Vick, How many draft picks do the Pats* get as compensation for not getting press time?

JackHammer
08-13-2009, 11:24 PM
Here is the big issue...

With Philly getting Vick, How many draft picks do the Pats* get as compensation for not getting press time?

A first and a third.

BehindSteelCurtain
08-13-2009, 11:34 PM
The Patriots get three 2nd rounders.

Steelers
08-13-2009, 11:56 PM
What's the over/under on how many games before he flips off the fans?

brick
08-14-2009, 02:28 AM
i'm just glad we're not linked to him anymore, thanks eagles. i can't wait to go to work tomorrow and see one of my coworkers who's a huge eags fan, it'll be a fun day, i know he's gonna be furious

excellent point, to be consistent they'll probably have to throw bricks (not me) at him :chuckle:

CantStop85
08-14-2009, 02:47 AM
Wasn't really expecting that one.

It'll be interesting to see how they work him into the offense...McNabb, Vick, Westbrook, Jeremy Maclin, and DeSean Jackson...some interesting possibilities there. A lot of potential explosiveness.

OneForTheToe
08-14-2009, 03:02 AM
As we speak there are probably 20 cars filled with PETA members using an easy pass to get on the turnpike heading to Eagles training camp....... good luck Philli .. it should be fun to watch the Zoo,.

MasterOfPuppets
08-14-2009, 04:58 AM
i thought the most logical place for him to end up was in minnesota , san fran, or buffalo, maybe even detroit... but philly ? especially considering just the other day reed adamantly denied they had any interest in vick. ... :noidea:

CaliStillersFan
08-14-2009, 06:13 AM
I hope Philly finishes dead last in the league now. They deserve to be the new Detroit Lions of the league. I am shocked that Philly would take on this kind of distraction after the whole TO debacle. What I am confused about is why is he not suspended for a year like stallworth? Because TO said shouldn't be?

I'm sorry I'm all for second chances, but that doesn't mean he gets to make millions in the NFL again. If any of us had a decent paying job and did anything like what he did, do you actually think that you would get your job back? Yes he served his time and deserves a 2nd chance at life, and living out of prison, but that does mean you get a 2nd shot in the NFL. Stallworth kills a man gets 24 days in jail (failure on the US justice system) then is suspended for a year; Vick serves 2 years but comes right back and signs a contract?

If it was just dog fighting and gambling maybe, but a man that kills dogs by hanging them, electrocuting them and drowning them is sub-human and not someone I want to watch on Sunday. I hope a fellow animal lover goes in low and hard on his knee's and ends his career as soon as an opportunity presents itself.

Fire Haley
08-14-2009, 07:30 AM
I perdict this will be the only thing ESPN and the other idiots will talk about for the whole year.

I already have to FF through any Vick news. It will be even worse than Brady's knee.

STEELtownHAVOX
08-14-2009, 07:41 AM
Vick isn't going in to take McNabb's spot. He's going in to be another X-factor player that they already have. I didn't see this coming, but I think they made a good decision. The man's talented and deserves a second chance. I do not condone what he did, I love dogs (check my avatar), but he did the crime and paid the time. Best of luck Vick, hopefully you don't Eff up your second chance...

stlrtruck
08-14-2009, 08:41 AM
From what I understand, the Eagles started talking with Vick after their second string QB went down with a knee injury.

So I don't think this was a, "Hey let's help the guy out" type signing but one that was made out of need for the longevity of the season.

Let's face it, he's paid his dues and deserves to prove he's fixed himself. I'm just glad it's not with the Steelers (as are a few others). With that being said, he could very well find himself in a Byron Leftwich situation late this year or even next season.

CaliStillersFan
08-14-2009, 08:45 AM
Well if the first 2.5 hours of Mike and Mike in the Morning is any indication, we're not going to hearing about much else anytime soon. They've been talking about it non stop, I don't think they've even had time to mention brady's knee yet. There are probably ESPN analysts dying a little on the inside not being able to talk about how great Brady looked beating up on Philly's second string.

I guess the positive about this whole debacle is that he isn't coming to the BURGH!!!! THANK YOU GOD and the ROONEY'S

Fire Haley
08-14-2009, 08:45 AM
Well - let's see

PETA's Statement on Eagles Vick Signing

PETA and millions of decent football fans around the world are disappointed that the Philadelphia Eagles have chosen to sign a man who hanged dogs from trees, electrocuted them with jumper cables, held them underwater until they drowned in his swimming pool, and even threw his own family dogs into the fighting pit to be torn to shreds while he laughed. What sort of message does this send to young fans who care about animals and don't want to see them be harmed?

PETA certainly hopes that Vick has learned his lesson and feels truly remorseful for his crimes—but since he's given no public indication that that's the case, only time will tell. At this point, all Eagles fans can do is cross their fingers and hope that they won't ever have to explain to their sons and daughters what a "rape rack" is and why their favorite player was using one, as Falcons fans once had to.

Fire Haley
08-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Well if the first 2.5 hours of Mike and Mike in the Morning is any indication, we're not going to hearing about much else anytime soon. They've been talking about it non stop, I don't think they've even had time to mention brady's knee yet.

Just like I perdicted.

Tom Brady's knee has never been so disrespected.

CaliStillersFan
08-14-2009, 08:48 AM
With that being said, he could very well find himself in a Byron Leftwich situation late this year or even next season.

I hope you are right, I'm pulling for Donovan to get hurt around or before December 6th, because I would love to watch Atlanta tee off on him all day long. :)

St33lersguy
08-14-2009, 09:06 AM
Mike Brown is disappointed that he didn't get to sign Vick :chuckle:

KeiselPower99
08-14-2009, 09:17 AM
I bet they sell alot of number 7 jerseys in Philly now.HAHA. I dont wish harm on anyone but I wouldnt mind seeing a guy lay him out.

Fire Haley
08-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Philly is flipping out

http://www.televisioninternet.com/news/pictures/philadelphia-daily-news-michael-vick-cover.jpg

4xSBChamps
08-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Philly is flipping out

http://www.televisioninternet.com/news/pictures/philadelphia-daily-news-michael-vick-cover.jpg

I'm so-distraught, I'll drink a Diet Pepsi in Philthadelphia's honor!!!!!

:helmet:

nojobny
08-14-2009, 11:37 AM
I am so happy that the $hit storm train dropped him off in EASTERN Pennsylvania and not in the 'burgh like so many rumors were saying.

I could care less what he could have done for the team on the field, to have that kind of drama tarnish our year as reigning SB champs would have drove me nuts. You think Ben's mess is a distraction on the way to Lombardi #7? Imagine dealing with this madness.

Thank you Philadelphia. :drink: :cheers:

TackleMeBen
08-14-2009, 11:53 AM
i am glad the eagles signed vick, b/c it made every anyalst out there look like a idiot trying to figure out where vick would go. and for them to even mentioning him coming to the steelers was stupid.

i just hope that vick doesnt screw up his second chance, bc i am quite sure goodell wont be giving him a third.

CantStop85
08-14-2009, 11:56 AM
If you're looking for some comedy gold, just take a trip to your nearest Philadelphia Eagles forum...

Thank You very much, Eagles management has broken me free!!! This thank God gets me over the hump and allows me to break free from Philly Football. 34 years ago I became a bleeding green fan but I can't any longer. Vick may have did his time in Federal Prison for what he did and some may think he deserves a second chance, my opinion is NAY! His crime is an unrepairable one. If you robbed a store at least you can do your time, pay restitution to the victims and move on having made up to society. I rank this right up there with Child abuser or women beater, where it can never be made up to the victim. I can't in good faith stand behind it, can't sell my soul for Lombardi's, Titles or Touchdowns. ADIOS Philly Eagles!!!

If the Eagles sign Vick, I will never watch them again. I can't believe the amount of sympathy there is for this monster.

Vick is scum who should be rotting in prison for the rest of his life. profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilter any team that signs him.

profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilter the law. What he did was worse, morally speaking, than murdering humans.

:chuckle:

TackleMeBen
08-14-2009, 12:26 PM
guess that means they wont be able to play 'who let the dogs out' anymore at lincoln field now..lol

Steelers
08-14-2009, 12:59 PM
guess that means they wont be able to play 'who let the dogs out' anymore at lincoln field now..lol

No, but I can guarantee you that opposing teams will. :laughing:

Godfather
08-14-2009, 01:05 PM
If you're looking for some comedy gold, just take a trip to your nearest Philadelphia Eagles forum...

Link?

Maybe Steeler Nation can recruit a few converts.

4xSBChamps
08-14-2009, 01:29 PM
Maybe Steeler Nation can recruit a few converts.

..... converts????? from Philthadelphia?????

:jawdrop:

"..... I'M A DOCTOR, DAMNIT.....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_LukqMd5Fd9g/SKtNao6e1FI/AAAAAAAABrU/4KXCWpF2B0I/s320/300px-Cordrazine_frenzy.jpg

... I'm not a miracle-worker!!!"

SteelTalons
08-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Man... I just hope Vick keeps his head on straight from now on. Especially considering Dungy went out of his way to help Vick get a new job and help him get his life back together.

X-Terminator
08-14-2009, 02:21 PM

Beautiful.

And to think, this is only the beginning! Grab your :popcorn:, boys and girls!

Psyychoward86
08-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Finally the "Vick to Steelers" talk ends. It was driving me nuts when the talking heads were discussing that during the pregame for like 15 minutes :banging:

Fire Haley
08-14-2009, 03:15 PM
So close

According to Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com, the Bengals were the first team to make an offer to Michael Vick.
They had a two-year, $2.3 million deal on the table

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=2107&line=148049&spln=1

Psyychoward86
08-14-2009, 03:38 PM
So close

According to Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com, the Bengals were the first team to make an offer to Michael Vick.
They had a two-year, $2.3 million deal on the table

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=2107&line=148049&spln=1

Oh.........mannnN!!!! That would've been great fun whupping him twice a year while watching the bengals succumb to his baggage at the same time.

MasterOfPuppets
08-14-2009, 04:32 PM
they could always change the words......whodey snuffed em dogs out....whodey..who ,who whodey......:whistle:

Psyychoward86
08-15-2009, 12:42 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d811e36bb&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Dungy was steering Vick toward the Pittsburgh Steelers. Reid entered and listened to Dungy's assurance that Vick had, foremost, grown as a person. The football stuff, Dungy was assuring there, too. But Reid needed no reminder that this quarterback -- the first player selected in the 2001 draft, only 29 years old, the owner of an impressive 71-52 touchdown/interception tally and producer of 21 rushing touchdowns -- is beyond your basic NFL talent.

Here is a key element that both McNabb and Reid realize about Vick: This Eagles locker room will not only embrace the player, but it will be energized. Football players respect other football players who can do things on the field that they cannot do. Their excitement in his ability, in watching it, in daily exposure to it, will help others maximize their abilities. It helps raise the bar of performance all around for the Eagles. For McNabb, for Reid, that is a good thing.

Finally, McNabb says he is not threatened by Vick's arrival. I think that is credible because McNabb has come to his best peace with his Eagles tenure and realizes the end is closer than most realize. I believe he is more confident about what he can do this season with this bunch than with any Eagles team that has surrounded him.

I think McNabb is certain that this is a season where he can take care of business.

And that he is prepared to tackle the pressures that come with making that a reality.

And that Michael Vick helps him get there.

~Man, Dungy. I get where you were going with this, but dude. Seriously :chuckle:. Thank god the Eagles took him to completely take away the possibility.

7SteelGal43
08-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Vick to the Steelers was never gonna happen.

Steelerfreak58
08-15-2009, 12:52 PM
If any team could help him keep on the straight and narrow and walk the walk it would have been the Steelers. Everyone of his teammates would have made sure of it.

T Bradshaw
08-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Andy Reid love running QB
Andy Reid loves LOSING in big games!!!!!

1-5 in NFC championships games
0-1 in the super bowl

The only time he won in the NFC championship game was when Vick was the QB for Atlanta

Andy Reid is STUPID~!

7SteelGal43
08-15-2009, 02:31 PM
If any team could help him keep on the straight and narrow and walk the walk it would have been the Steelers. Everyone of his teammates would have made sure of it.

But the way the Rooneys have always run the organization, they wouldn't have put themselves in the position. As I said, Vick to the Steelers was NEVER gonna happen.

stillers4me
08-15-2009, 02:38 PM
Vick is only remorseful because he wants to play football.

pepsyman1
08-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Who wrote that crap article? An impressive 71-52 touchdown/interception ratio??? This was some fluff PR piece with no link to reality.

HometownGal
08-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Vick is only remorseful because he wants to play football.

BINGO.

If it looks like a turd and smells like a turd, well, you know the rest. :poop:

OneForTheToe
08-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Who wrote that crap article? An impressive 71-52 touchdown/interception ratio??? This was some fluff PR piece with no link to reality.

Admittedly, those are better stats than I thought he had. Still, 61tds, 11,000 yards and a 75.7 rating is not elite QB numbers in the modern era for a six year career. An average of ten tds passes a year?

Compare to Ben's numbers over five years. And remember Ben's stats have never been what he has been about.

101 tds

~15,000 yds

89.4 qb rating.

Sorry Vick is a talented athlete playing Qb, not an elite qb.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Vick#Professional_career
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Roethlisberger

revefsreleets
08-16-2009, 08:03 AM
If anyone ever needs proof that the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest first, and a real reward for skill second, Mike Vick was actually an all-Pro THREE times.

When I read that I vomited in my mouth a little...

4xSBChamps
08-16-2009, 09:32 AM
Vick is only remorseful because he got-caught.

corrected for factual content

Vick is entertaining to watch 'perform', but he isn't a quarterback by ANY stretch of the imagination, and his talents make a for a great 'video-game' / matrix-like player:
known for his running (rather than scrambling to set-up the pass), he lays the ball on the field every 10 carries (55 fumbles on 529 rushes), and NO running-back in the League would be keep on the roster with those numbers.

God Bless Philthadelphia for taking him off the menu!!!!!

fansince'76
08-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Vick to the Steelers was never gonna happen.

What she said. The fact that Vick visited Steelers HQ was more Tomlin just doing his due diligence and doing Dungy a favor out of friendship than actual interest in signing him, IMO.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-16-2009, 01:04 PM
And you know what is pathetic....check out the NFLshop.com page middle right. You have a bazillion guys playing football and you put this jersey on your home page.

wh*res.

http://www.nflshop.com/home/index.jsp