PDA

View Full Version : Timmons misses!!!!!

ANDYMISIU
08-14-2009, 08:09 AM
I am one of the biggest Timmons supporters, actually getting ready to purchase his Jersey! I think he can be a great addition to the starting lineup. However! he cannont miss plugging a hole like he did last night! He needs to learn how to break down and make the play. Sometimes I feel he's just too fast for himself, he over persues all the time. He takes himself out of plays. I'm glad it's just preseason and there is time for him to correct it. I'm sure he'll be just fine, but damn, that really pissed me off.

mulldog24
08-14-2009, 09:00 AM
I know what your saying but it's just preseason and I think he will get it together and Lebeau will have him ready. I woudn't want to be in his shoes during the film session!!!!!:sweating:

steelballs
08-14-2009, 09:34 AM
I know what your saying but it's just preseason and I think he will get it together and Lebeau will have him ready. I woudn't want to be in his shoes during the film session!!!!!:sweating:

Bingo! LeBeau will straighten Timmons out, just like Tomlin straightened Burnett out after his fumbled punt return....that was classic how Tomlin marched right down the sideline to meet Burnett as he came off the field. I would have loved to have been within earshot of that conversation.

X-Terminator
08-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Meh, he'll be fine. The kid has too much God-given talent not to end up being successful. Once he learns to trust his instincts and just play, he's going to be great.

truesteelerfan
08-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Agreed. He'll be fine, he has a lot to learn, but he's also quick enough to hopefully be able to catch up after any moves he makes and gets out of position. Gotta fill those holes.

The Definiti0n
08-14-2009, 01:25 PM
I am one of the biggest Timmons supporters, actually getting ready to purchase his Jersey! I think he can be a great addition to the starting lineup. However! he cannont miss plugging a hole like he did last night! He needs to learn how to break down and make the play. Sometimes I feel he's just too fast for himself, he over persues all the time. He takes himself out of plays. I'm glad it's just preseason and there is time for him to correct it. I'm sure he'll be just fine, but damn, that really pissed me off.

I said the same thing last night. He does what Troy does sometime. ( remember Troys missed tackle on Edge in the Superbowl?) The missed tackle your refering to is when Timmons got caught looking at the reverse motion in the back field. He was right in the hole but he froze 4 one sec and Hightower made him miss. He is quck as hell but he has to play under control.

revefsreleets
08-14-2009, 05:34 PM
It takes time to get acclimated to a Dick LeBeau 3-4 D...that's why NOBODY walks in and starts and dominates.

He'll be fine...and that athleticism will help cover over holes in his game until his head catches up with his body...

Preacher
08-14-2009, 05:42 PM
It takes time to get acclimated to a Dick LeBeau 3-4 D...that's why NOBODY walks in and starts and dominates.

He'll be fine...and that athleticism will help cover over holes in his game until his head catches up with his body...

Yep... that is the entire thing... it just takes time...

Though I am VERY happy to read a thread where original poster points out something wrong... BUT STILL HAS FAITH IN THE KID.

Wish more could follow suit.

revefsreleets
08-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Wait...think about for a second.

If Timmons IS a miss, then he WILL be affordable in a few years and we CAN afford to keep him.

Yay!

BehindSteelCurtain
08-14-2009, 07:36 PM
I think I was the first one to buy his jersey......I like bragging.....I got it like last December.

steeltheone
08-15-2009, 02:15 AM
Ok guys ,3rd season...1st round pick..no more excuses...just play

Galax Steeler
08-15-2009, 06:43 AM
I don't think there is anything to worry about. It was the first game he will learn from it and do just fine.

#1LambertFan
08-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Bingo! LeBeau will straighten Timmons out, just like Tomlin straightened Burnett out after his fumbled punt return....that was classic how Tomlin marched right down the sideline to meet Burnett as he came off the field. I would have loved to have been within earshot of that conversation.

Yeah I agree that will be a classic. In his tribute videos many years from now that will be in the highlights. Kind of like Cowher's spit-filled temper tantrums.

Steelers & I
08-16-2009, 10:53 PM

Wait...think about for a second.

If Timmons IS a miss, then he WILL be affordable in a few years and we CAN afford to keep him.

Yay!

Hey bum hat, I'm on your "Oh so special ignore list" right? Forget about me, OK? You go ahead and continue to make excuses for him and I'll stick to my original prognoses which is, NOT YET IMPRESSED!

Foote, Farrior, Woodley, amongst others had no problem "getting acclimated to a Dick LeBeau 3-4 D", so you can take that lame A$$ excuse and shove it!

A QB drafted in the 1st round of the NFL draft would have been expected to learn and flourish in a very complicated-Bill Walsh offense by his 3rd season so a LB drafted in the 1st round who's task is to learn Dick LeBeau's defense is a walk in the park by comparison.

We'll see where things stand with Timmons in a year or two. Will that be an acceptable time table for you? A 1st round LB playing in his 4th or 5th season? If he's not above par by then will you still be asking for more time? lmao, please.

revefsreleets
08-17-2009, 08:26 AM
Mike Tomlin on 3-4 LB's:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_566908.html

The two highly touted 'backers are expected to make a quantum leap this season given their familiarity with the Steelers' system.

"It's been proven over time that guys have the ability to take a giant leap between year one and year two," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. "An understanding of what's required, of what lies ahead, are all factors in doing that. We like where (Timmons and Woodley) are. The athleticism and talents that attracted them to us originally are showing through."

Vincent
08-17-2009, 04:38 PM

I remember seeing Lloyd do that once. :chuckle: