PDA

View Full Version : Still the same old Crydinal Fans

Indo
08-14-2009, 12:38 PM
So it's the first pre-season game and they are already b*tching that the refs were calling in our favor

Specifically the hit that Silverback gave to Leinart

I just don't get it----how do you tackle someone without tackling them? Piledriver my a$$

What about the BLATANT Pass Interference? Last time I perused the rule book you couldn't wrap your arm around the receiver's...

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/the-refs-still-love-pittsburgh-138572.html

truesteelerfan
08-14-2009, 12:51 PM
No flag- then nothing was illegal. The refs looked horrible from MN! That bad 3rd down conversion call they gave the cards when to me it looked like they actually lost yards-the one we challenged. But it is preseason for the refs too. That was an awesome hit on Leinart! Hope we can do it again, but maybe to Brady sometime?

Hotrodder07
08-14-2009, 01:03 PM
One guy in that thread said that picking someone up and then using your body weightt to force him down is a dirty shot. From what I understand, it's a great tackle, not a dirty hit...

The Lakelander
08-14-2009, 01:03 PM
The INT call before the half that led to AZ's field goal was blatantly bad!

So was the refs taking Ben's 1st quarter TD off the boards in SB XLIII.

So was the holding call on Hartwig that led to a Safety after a drive sustaining 1st down cathc by Holmes that would have given us a chance to kill the clock in SB XLIII.

Whiny biatches! :tt03:

SteelCityMan786
08-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Hey Cards fans, want some whine with that cheese? :rolleyes:

Give me a break. It's the preseason. The refs need it to like the players.

X-Terminator
08-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Someone needs to remind those crybabies that this is the NFL, not flag football. There wasn't a damn thing wrong with that hit by Harrison.

What about the INT before halftime that was ripped off by the refs and basically gave 3 points to the Cards? Oh wait, that call favored the Cards, therefore it was 100% correct.

And you forgot Fitzgerald's TD that shouldn't have been in the SB, when the ball clearly hit the ground but was upheld by the referees after the review. Didn't hear anything about that. Oh wait, that call also favored the Cards, therefore it was 100% correct.

Piss off, Cards fans. You lost fair and square. Get over it.

Jackal
08-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Who Fuh-King cares? It's the preseason, it doesn't mean squat.

We might as well just get used to it. We have the winningest franchise in the sport and make the playoffs every year, so obviously the fix is in. There's no way we can do this year in and year out without a healthy dose of bribery and cheating.

:rolleyes:

HometownGal
08-14-2009, 02:09 PM
http://www.virginmedia.com/images/babyonplane431x280.jpg

BehindSteelCurtain
08-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Wait the Cardinals have fans?????/

fansince'76
08-14-2009, 02:13 PM
So it's the first pre-season game and they are already b*tching that the refs were calling in our favor

Specifically the hit that Silverback gave to Leinart

I just don't get it----how do you tackle someone without tackling them? Piledriver my a$$

What about the BLATANT Pass Interference? Last time I perused the rule book you couldn't wrap your arm around the receiver's...

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/the-refs-still-love-pittsburgh-138572.html

Not to mention Harrison getting mugged again with no calls. No problem, as soon as they start to suck again, their idiot bandwagon fans will lose interest and go back to ignoring them. Until then, let the pussies whine. :coffee:

MasterOfPuppets
08-14-2009, 02:38 PM
you people keep forgetting that cardinal fans just starting watching football in january . the only football they're familiar with is goodell p*ssy ball, so its not really thier fault.

scsteeler
08-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Those Card Fans can whine forever if they want to. They need to face the fact that they got beat and had it not been for a questionable holding call on Hartwig there would be no amazing drive needed to seal the game we would have done it with that one.

I know it is hard to believe they lost but they did. I say get it over it you are not going to get the trophy and it only leads to waste-full wishing of what could have been.

:flap::flap:

theplatypus
08-14-2009, 04:16 PM
One guy in that thread said that picking someone up and then using your body weightt to force him down is a dirty shot. From what I understand, it's a great tackle, not a dirty hit...

I was always taught to hit, lift, and drive. Which is exactly what Harrison did, a textbook tackle.

Dino 6 Rings
08-14-2009, 04:25 PM
and to think...while I was watching the game I thought to myself..."Crap...every call is going to go against us this year"

funny how that works.

tyler289
08-14-2009, 04:33 PM
It's the preseason, lmao.

Complaining this early is just sad. Tells me they're ready to make excuses for losing before the real games even start.

Slanted August
08-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Speaking of body slams didnt T Suggs pile drive Ben years ago long after the whistle and did not get penalized because his it was claimed that his momentum had him engaged to tackle while the ball was already thrown?

7SteelGal43
08-14-2009, 04:54 PM
It's the preseason, lmao.

Complaining this early is just sad. Tells me they're ready to make excuses for losing before the real games even start.

Hey, even whiny bitchy moaners have the preseason to get themselves prepped for the real thing :wink02:

7SteelGal43
08-14-2009, 04:56 PM
http://www.virginmedia.com/images/babyonplane431x280.jpg

HTG, don't present such vague evidentiary photos. Is that an Arizona fan or a Seahawks fan ?

Oh wait....it's John Madden after seeing Pittsburgh become Sixburgh :thmbup: sorry, I caught that after studying the photo a l'il closer.

Dino 6 Rings
08-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Cry me a River...Bettis called Tails MF'rs...TAILS...

Yeah, I'm still psssed about that so go eat a big pile of crap and cry on someone else's porch cause there are No Wimps On This Team!

Preacher
08-14-2009, 05:11 PM
funny thing is... I went over there last night to congratulate them on a game and to see what they thought about a few players... and came across that page.

Wow. Talk about cry-baby whining..... Wahhhh.. someone touched our QB. It's football people.

I guess that is what happens when the only football you watch before last January is your kids playing two-hand touch football in the backyard.

Texasteel
08-14-2009, 05:12 PM
I was always taught to hit, lift, and drive. Which is exactly what Harrison did, a textbook tackle.

That was before the league introduced New England ball. Now it's caress, cradle, and kiss on the cheek. :doh:

Indo
08-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Cry me a River...Bettis called Tails motherfckers...TAILS...

Yeah, I'm still psssed about that so go eat a big pile of crap and cry on someone else's porch cause there are No Wimps On This Team!

:tt03:

IN POINT OF FACT
Rules are Invented to account for the fact that there are no wimps on this team
and, as was pointed out by SteelGal on another thread, the first thing We do is re-evaluate the game and how we could have done better; we don't do whining about how someone else lost the game for us by making bad calls

Indo
08-14-2009, 05:17 PM
funny thing is... I went over there last night to congratulate them on a game and to see what they thought about a few players... and came across that page.

Wow. Talk about cry-baby whining..... Wahhhh.. someone touched our QB. It's football people.

I guess that is what happens when the only football you watch before last January is your kids playing two-hand touch football in the backyard.

I saw your post, Preach---all they did was moan about a Pgh fan having nothing better to do than go on another team's board. I guess the whole thing is still so new to them that they don't know how to react to people who actually love the game and respect a decent team

fansince'76
08-14-2009, 05:23 PM

Yep. At least we don't play them again this year.

fansince'76
08-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Speaking of body slams didnt T Suggs pile drive Ben years ago long after the whistle and did not get penalized because his it was claimed that his momentum had him engaged to tackle while the ball was already thrown?

Ben gets manhandled and hit late pretty much every goddamned week and it never draws a flag. Notice how he got awkwardly pulled down last night down around his knees? I thought that was illegal now(?)

Texasteel
08-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Ben gets manhandled and hit late pretty much every goddamned week and it never draws a flag. Notice how he got awkwardly pulled down last night down around his knees? I thought that was illegal now(?)

I saw that myself, and thought about how the cincy fans would be screaming their heads off.

revefsreleets
08-14-2009, 06:05 PM
I guaraneffingtee you if that was Brady, Harrison gets flagged. There was nothing illegal, but he'd still get called...perhaps even ejected...

Preacher
08-14-2009, 07:39 PM
I guaraneffingtee you if that was Brady, Harrison gets flagged. There was nothing illegal, but he'd still get called...perhaps even ejected...

Don't forget the draft picks!! NE would be awarded a couple.

Edman
08-14-2009, 09:01 PM
I don't know why you're giving that garbage Arizona site page views. They're Cardinal fans. They didn't even know they had a football team until January.

LVSteelersfan
08-14-2009, 11:07 PM

You have to get completely back on your feet with the new Brady pu $ $ y rule. Obviously the refs missed that rule change because Ben was blatantly tackled from a guy laying on the ground. That will be the same all year. Just watch. That rule was put in to protect Brady and Manning and no one else.

4xSBChamps
08-15-2009, 05:30 AM
Wait the Cardinals have fans?????/

the night before Super Bowl 43, my fiancee & I are sitting at the bar of our local APPLEBEE'S, an hour East of Tampa, wearing our Stiller gear, with 3 couple from Arizona in their Cardinal jerseys:
they were complaining that 'all the Steeler fans rented the rooms in downtown Tampa, so when we arrived yesterday, we have to stay way out here', and I replied 'Ya..... 'em Stiller fans been here all week'.

When I mentioned that Pittsburgh's mayor had decided against having a parade if 'em Stillers won, due to the poor economy & and ensuring the crowd won't cause damage or leave litter, one of the female Arizona fans who'd had too-much to drink said 'Arizona fans would never cause damage at our parade', my fiancee, who isn't a big football fan, took a glance at the 3 couples, then shot-back
'how-much damage could all 6 of yinz DO?'

:toofunny:

Kittyfish
08-15-2009, 09:02 AM
^^^ OMG, too funny! If you weren't already engaged to her before that remark, you should have dropped to your knees right after - what a great comeback!

mesaSteeler
08-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Having to live among the Turdnial fans none of this surprises me. I hear it every day, Holmes didn't get his feet down, there was a clip on Siverback's run back, and on and on and on.

Yunis have to realize that the vast majority of Turdnial fans jumped on the Turdnial bandwagon two weeks before the SuperBowl and their ignorance of the NFL is only exceeded by their stupidity about it.

The few real Turdnials fans, and there are a few, have been frightfully abused by Bozo Bidwell and his clan of clowns due to the Turdnials being a laughing stock for decades.

All of them are desperately anxious for respect and don't understand that it has be be earned. Also contributing to their desperation is that the other Phoenix sports teams, the Diamondbacks and the Suns suck big time right now. The Coyote hockey team is bankrupt.

The Valley of the Sun (Phoenix metro) is a strange place. The majority of the population is from somewhere else. The few natives, along with the under 25 children of the folks who moved here so want to support a Phoenix team that it makes them irrational. The 115+ degree summer days don't help any either.

Fortunately for me Arizona is Steelers Country. One of the largest Steeler bars in the country is Harold's in Creek Creek. They draw thousands on game day and sell seat licenses for the best seats in the bar.

Every time I go out shopping I see another Steeler fan wearing the colors. It drives the few Turdnial fans nuts. They come up to me and tell me that I should support local sports teams or move. I usually reply that I didn't know that there was a real NFL team in Phoenix.

A lot of the Steeler fans around here have never been east of the Mississippi let alone to the Burgh. One of my coworkers is full blooded Navajo and a good Steeler fan. He tells me the Steelers are quite popular in the Navajo nation.

So trying to be nice to Turdnial fans is a waste of time. A few months ago one of them was trying to give me a hard time about McFadden joining the Turdnails. I replied as follows:

1. Phoenix is where Steeler players and coaches come to retire.
2. The Steelers only let go those players they don't want to keep since we always have better players to replace those that we lose.
3. If not for the Steeler coaches and players on the their team the Turdnials would still be living in the toilet bowl.

Game, Set, and SuperBowl to a Steeler Fan