PDA

View Full Version : Manning Throws O-Line Under 'Bus'

Livinginthe past
01-16-2006, 01:47 AM
I know you guys will appreciate the intentional pun in the thread title :sofunny:

Post game quotes show up Manning to be the egotistical non-teammate that he is.

"I am going to try to be a good team mate here, but we had our protection problems."

All year Manning has had unbelievable time to make throws - who did he think was buying him time to throw 49TD's last year?

He has the best weapons in the NFL at his disposal on offense - yet still fails to deliver in the big game.

Earlier in the year I noticed him making the usual petulant arm gestures to team mates who couldnt read his badly thrown passes - just wait til the pressure comes I thought to myself - then we'll see the real Manning.

Manning has thrown his O-line under the bus....maybe his team mates will return the favor let him get thrown under opposing teams D_lines a little more next year to see how he likes it.

NM

Prosdo
01-16-2006, 01:55 AM
I think everyone will agree he had protection problems, but if I'm remembering the interview right that was the only reason he said or brought up. I don't know how much you want to point the finger at the offensive line. Those are the guys that keep the defenders away from you and I wouldn't want to tick them off. Play as a team, Win as a team, Lose as a team.

SteelersGirlTN7
01-16-2006, 08:14 AM
I think everyone will agree he had protection problems, but if I'm remembering the interview right that was the only reason he said or brought up. I don't know how much you want to point the finger at the offensive line. Those are the guys that keep the defenders away from you and I wouldn't want to tick them off. Play as a team, Win as a team, Lose as a team.

Yeah, it would be one thing if he said that AND THEN went on to say that it was his fault. However, he did none of that. That's not losing as a team.

drizze99
01-16-2006, 08:36 AM
Bradshaw said it best on the Fox show. He said Manning had NO RIGHT to put his offensive line under the bus because HE is the one that is making all of the adjustments at the line. HE needs to take responsibility for his own actions.

TexaSteeler
01-16-2006, 08:36 AM
I know you guys will appreciate the intentional pun in the thread title :sofunny:

Post game quotes show up Manning to be the egotistical non-teammate that he is.

"I am going to try to be a good team mate here, but we had our protection problems."

All year Manning has had unbelievable time to make throws - who did he think was buying him time to throw 49TD's last year?

He has the best weapons in the NFL at his disposal on offense - yet still fails to deliver in the big game.

Earlier in the year I noticed him making the usual petulant arm gestures to team mates who couldnt read his badly thrown passes - just wait til the pressure comes I thought to myself - then we'll see the real Manning.

Manning has thrown his O-line under the bus....maybe his team mates will return the favor let him get thrown under opposing teams D_lines a little more next year to see how he likes it.

NM

He had protection problems. And it wasn't his OL's fault. It's the Offensive coordinator's fault for not figuring out the Steelers rush.

I couldn't believe Manning blamed the game on their liquored-up kicker.