PDA

View Full Version : Who else is happy we might finally have a kick returner?

Steelboy84
08-15-2009, 12:45 AM
For the life of me, I couldn't understand last year why we had Carey freaking Davis running back kick returns. You mean to tell me we couldn't find ANYONE to run back kicks?

:tt02:

The Lakelander
08-15-2009, 12:51 AM
:wave:

Count me in that group!

Wallace changes our entire field position 7 or 20 times this year if not more!

So does Sepulveda for that matter!

Between the two of them, they'll account for a lot of field yardage this season.

SteelCityKing
08-15-2009, 01:09 AM
i'll throw my hat in that circle. special teams are coming together...finally. =)

fansince'76
08-15-2009, 01:17 AM
We started one drive at our 34-yard line and the rest (save for the 1-play TD drive after Burnett's INT return) were all started inside our 30. So far the increase in speed doesn't seem to be improving our field position to start drives, so for me, the jury's still out.

MACH1
08-15-2009, 01:19 AM
We started one drive at our 34-yard line and the rest (save for the 1-play TD drive after Burnett's INT return) were all started inside our 30. For me, the jury's still out.

At least there were no drops or fumbles. :rolleyes:

tony hipchest
08-15-2009, 01:27 AM
i think it sucks.

Steeldude
08-15-2009, 05:54 AM
i'll wait until wallace returns more than one kick

I couldn't understand last year why we had Carey freaking Davis running back kick returns

because he was probably the most reliable on the team at it. scary thought huh?

Galax Steeler
08-15-2009, 07:04 AM
I hope that Wallace will get the job done for us. Hopefully he will be to us what Cribbs is for Cleveland. Good field position is everything in football.

stillers4me
08-15-2009, 07:19 AM
i think it sucks.

I agree with Tony. Just like D Sep is goin to hurt our D with having to pin the other team back. Don't give Ben some short field. Look how good he was in the superbowl with the whole field in front of him. Dang, give the man some room to work. :chuckle:

ANDYMISIU
08-15-2009, 09:41 AM
YES! YES! YES! that is it! stillers4me you hit the nail on the head! we should down the ball on the 10 yard line on every kick off! because that will make our offense better! they will have more field to work with! YES!

Anyway, about Wallace. I think it's great we have a prototypical returner as a prospect! the guy seems to have great speed, good instincts, and elusiveness. However! we have not seen enough of him to know anything yet! I need to see more.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-15-2009, 10:20 AM
It was pretty much a given when you think of the guys brought in that have return experience. Ratliff, McDonald have both returned kicks in the NFL, Logan in the CFL and Wallace, Burnett in college.

Were bound to find some upgrades with 5 new guys in

steeltheone
08-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Russell was returning kicks at the end of the year. Solid but not sexy. A lot has to take place before we can say it's an improvement. Russells big plus...No fumbles. Can the new guys hang on to the ball?

tyler289
08-15-2009, 10:50 AM
At least Wallace looks capable as both a returner AND receiver, unlike Willie Reid.

theplatypus
08-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Hopefully all of Steelers Nation!

Preacher
08-15-2009, 05:25 PM
At least Wallace looks capable as both a returner AND receiver, unlike Willie Reid.

WHen he is vialbe at more than one spot.... he makes himself very hard to cut from the roster.

It am quickly coming to the place where I think

Ward,
Santo
Sweed
Wallace

Will be on the team. That means both Santo and wallace can return punts or kicks as necessary.

pancake
08-16-2009, 04:32 AM
YES! YES! YES! that is it! stillers4me you hit the nail on the head! we should down the ball on the 10 yard line on every kick off! because that will make our offense better! they will have more field to work with! YES!

Anyway, about Wallace. I think it's great we have a prototypical returner as a prospect! the guy seems to have great speed, good instincts, and elusiveness. However! we have not seen enough of him to know anything yet! I need to see more.

Totally agree... I hope he does well, but he has not did anything yet to get excited about.

GBMelBlount
08-16-2009, 08:28 AM
ANDYMISIU

Anyway, about Wallace. I think it's great we have a prototypical returner as a prospect! the guy seems to have great speed, good instincts, and elusiveness. However! we have not seen enough of him to know anything yet! I need to see more

There are lots excellent college returners that do absolutely nothing in the NFL.

I'm cautiously optimistic as it's way to early to know.

Nadroj 20
08-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Wallace will be alot better then davis last year lol and even though he did muff one joe burnet might get another chance and since he has a little speed he couls be a factor as well

Neil-Still-Rules-14
08-17-2009, 01:02 AM
WHen he is vialbe at more than one spot.... he makes himself very hard to cut from the roster.

It am quickly coming to the place where I think

Ward,
Santo
Sweed
Wallace

Will be on the team. That means both Santo and wallace can return punts or kicks as necessary.

I'm thinking McDonald will be number 5 (or 4, with Wallace at 5). I remember this guy from Detroit. He is GOOD. Another example of a Rooney-esque signing. Maybe not a guy that everybody goes nuts for, but a great addition that will help in the long run.

O Sensei
08-17-2009, 01:48 AM
I'm thinking McDonald will be number 5 (or 4, with Wallace at 5). I remember this guy from Detroit. He is GOOD. Another example of a Rooney-esque signing. Maybe not a guy that everybody goes nuts for, but a great addition that will help in the long run.

I agree....he's not spectacular, but definately solid if healthy. I see him at 3, wallace and sweed who need polish at 4,5 or vice versa.....still...gotta see more of all three to be sure.

O Sensei
08-17-2009, 01:50 AM
Oh....and for the record...I'll take any extra supply of short fields anyone can give us returnwise...whomever it turns out to be.