PDA

View Full Version : Time to Focus on the Broncos

Prosdo
01-16-2006, 03:11 AM
Alright guys. We had our night to celebrate the huge win. Now we need to focus on the task at hand. We're one step away from making it to the big game. Let's do this for the BUS!

:tt: Here We Go Steelers! Here We Go! :tt:

Time to get pumped up for the game. Get those towels up! Let's show these Broncos why we made it this far!

Koopa
01-16-2006, 03:27 AM
hell yeah, win one for the bus, that's all the matters, the broncos are gonna be tough to beat, but it can be done, cause everyone in the world doubted the steelers(i most admit even i did before this week, mainly cause of all the shows trying to brain wash me saying we had no chance in hell, but i snapped out of it and new we were capable of shocking the world) against the colts

damn the broncos fans are just as loud as the colts were (damn saturdays game was loud), i don't think it'll effect us as much as it did the pats cause we have good experince with it, indy, vikings, and indy again so we should have the silent snap and shit like that down.

we just need to pressure plummer and do it on the regular, we gonna have to play a full perfect game again to beat them. and the bus is gonna wanna redem himself so i think he might have a big game.

lets ride the bus to detroit

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO

:tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

Prosdo
01-16-2006, 03:58 AM
I think the Broncos are definitely going to be tough. I'm very curious as to how we are going to start the opening drive off at Denver. We were throwing very well on the Colts the first drive and I think it threw them off. I wonder if that is the plan going into Denver. Another thing. The game planning for the Colts game was huge. Now if Cowher & Co. can come out with another great game plan I will be very happy.

bozz723
01-16-2006, 04:10 AM
Ok,

I knew we would beat the colts if we played the way we know how to play. Our offense, is way better than people give us credit for, our defense, when turned up is the best in the nfl.

That being said, I know the broncos D gets alot of credit, but in my opinion indys defense matches up way better than the broncos D does. I think we will have a way easier time moving the ball..

If we get the pressure on snake that we had on Manning there is no way we can lose, Plummer will start throwing pics. Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell had good years but Edge is twice the running backs they are, and if we contained Edge we certainly should be able to keep those two in check.

Only way we can lose is if we turnover the ball 5 times like the Pats..

Ambridge
01-16-2006, 06:41 AM
I hope Bill Cowher brings this team back down to earth and doesn't let them get or stay too high after beating the Colts.

Like Cowher said in his post game PC against Indy that it took a "Supreme Effort" in all three phases of the game to go out and win..........and it's going to take that same kind of "Supreme Effort" to go out and get a win in Denver.

Prosdo
01-16-2006, 06:42 AM
Like Cowher said in his post game PC against Indy that it took a "Supreme Effort" in all three phases of the game to go out and win..........and it's going to take that same kind of "Supreme Effort" to go out and get a win in Denver.

Couldn't be said any better than that. Rep points to you.

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-16-2006, 06:52 AM
If we bring our "A" game I don't see anybody stopping us. But your right we must regroup and stay focused. That game took alot out of us emotionally.

IamTheSteelGod
01-16-2006, 06:53 AM
What is our past record history against the Broncos?

Prosdo
01-16-2006, 07:25 AM
As far as the post season goes here are the stats:
1977 AFC Divisional Playoff: lost 21 - 34 at Denver Broncos
1978 AFC Divisional Playoff: won 33 - 10 vs. Denver Broncos
1984 AFC Divisional Playoff: won 24 - 17 at Denver Broncos
1989 AFC Divisional Playoff: lost 23 - 24 at Denver Broncos
1997 AFC Championship Game: lost 21 - 24 vs. Denver Broncos

Rotorhead
01-16-2006, 07:31 AM
I think our gameplan will be different against the Broncos. They don't have the high powered offense the Colts have. We need to stop the run and contain Plummer, make him beat us from the pocket. I think our receivers are the same as the Broncos receivers, Ward and Smith (good possesion receivers), ARE and Lelie are explosive in similar ways, Heath and Jeb are both big and fast tightends. They have Anderson as a power back and Bell as their homerun guy, we have Bettis and Parker. We both have very good fast linebackers and a solid def line. I think they have a better top corner (Bailey over Ike) but we have a better SS (Troy over Lynch). Both teams run more than pass. I think Plummer is more mobile than Ben, but Ben is more accurate. Their cutblocking scheme is better for us cause that will only work on the D-line and our 4 LB's will have a better day IMO. Our Oline knows their Dline thanks to the Clowns. This game will be decided on special teams and turnovers I think. Who ever has the letdown in this game will be going home. It is just uncanny how similar these teams are now that I think about it!

Avoid Lloyd
01-16-2006, 08:45 AM
I really like that we're the underdogs again in this game. Not nearly as bad as last week, but underdogs nonetheless.

I think will give us the edge we need to go out and play focused football again.

Also, if you look at both teams stats this year, they're nearly identical. It's gonna be a good one.

SteelCityMan786
01-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Time To KILL THE BRONCOS! MILE HIGH CITY HERE WE COME!

Suitanim
01-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Opening odds have the Steelers 3.5 point dawgs...which is good.

drizze99
01-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Yes, Cowher needs to get this team back to earth and make sure the focus this week is DENVER and DENVER ONLY! We will beat the Bronco's because we are the better team. We need to bring our best to Denver though.

Milkman
01-16-2006, 10:40 AM
Coach Whis needs to look at the tapes of the games played against the Broncos this year that involved Gates and Gonzo to see if "Big Money" Heath is gonna be a prime target for us again in the first drive of the game.

After being underutilized the past few regular season games, he is back in the gameplan like he should be.

It will be a tough game, but I'm expecting another Steelers victory. :helmet:

Steelyasoul007
01-16-2006, 10:44 AM
As far as the post season goes here are the stats:
1977 AFC Divisional Playoff: lost 21 - 34 at Denver Broncos
1978 AFC Divisional Playoff: won 33 - 10 vs. Denver Broncos
1984 AFC Divisional Playoff: won 24 - 17 at Denver Broncos
1989 AFC Divisional Playoff: lost 23 - 24 at Denver Broncos
1997 AFC Championship Game: lost 21 - 24 vs. Denver Broncos

They won this revenge game and went on to win the Super Bowl. We smashed them during the reg. season and Kordell and Yancey Thigpen had the best game of their careers. Still leaves a foul taste in my mouth to this day.

OSKIE
01-16-2006, 11:39 AM
Hi All, Bronco fan here. I do the majority of my posting at the Orangemane. It's a great Broncos thread and you'll be welcome over there to give your views. We had some great dialogue with Pats fans last week and expect the same from the very knowledgeable Steeler fan base.

I've read all of your comments on this thread and have to agree with a lot of them. The Steelers and Broncos are very similar. Hines Ward and Rod Smith are both very similar. Both are not only great receivers, they are great blockers which helps the run game.

Somebody mentioned Palumalu being the better safety. NO DOUBT! I will say that Lynch looks reborn in the past month. He seriously has been playing like a 24 year old 15 year vet! Sounds funny, but he found a fountain of youth or something. I'm not sure what got into Coyer (Our DC) but he's been sending Lynch on blitzes about 25% of the time in the last month (2 games mind you). He absolutely killed Brees and Rivers in the Chargers game, then turned around and smashed Tommy Terrific on a number of occassions Saturday Night. In fact the first play of the game he hit the Golden Child!

I'm not here to troll so please don't take any of my posts as if they're trying to draw a flame war or anything. That being said, I think we could have more success running the ball vs your D then that of the Pats. Your guys' defense is great, make no mistake. But, I think the Pats DL is what gave us fits. Smith and Von Oldenhoffen (sp?) are good but I don't think they're on the same level as Seymour and Warren (Pats). Casey Hampton is a force in the middle no doubt, but I don't think he's much more than a clog at this point. He does his job and occupies double teams, which is similar to Wilfork for the Pats. The point I'm getting at is that I think Denver may be able to get to the 2nd level against your pass D. I know that you shut out almost every single good RB you played this year. But you haven't faced the zone blocking scheme either. Somebody mentioned Edge being better than any of the Broncos RB's. No doubt about that! However, Denver's scheme is quite a bit different than Indy's. Indy tries to stretch you out and make holes by creating space. A fast defense (like yours) is very effective stopping that type of run game. Denver's offense/run game takes advantage of speed on defense. That's the cutback portion of our run game. Get the DL and LB's going in one direction, use their momentum against them by blocking down and cutting back at the same time. Very similar to what a Judo Artist uses. By using the opponents momentum against them the Broncos are capable of using smaller Linemen with more athelticsm. The Pats LB's and DL is bigger and slower which stopped them from over pursuing.

I'll be back to talk more football later. Hopefully we'll see a great injury free game and the winner goes on to win the SB. I'm a diehard Broncos fan but I'm also a big fan of football in general. I wouldn't mind seeing the Bus win one in his hometown. I wouldn't mind seeing the Seahawks who haven't won anything EVER win one, and I wouldn't mind seeing the Panthers and Julius Peppers (one of my favs) get one. But, like you can imagine I wouldn't mind seeing my disrespected Broncos get one!!!

Atlanta Dan
01-16-2006, 11:48 AM
Will be interesting to see if either team has any particular variations to show off for next week.

Steelers have been playing playoff games since the Cincy loss and presumably have not had much time to devote to looking down the road to prepare for the Broncos. I also have to believe, given how unlikely a possibility it was regarded as being, that Shanahan was spending much time planning to play the Steelers.

In addition to crowd noise, a big home field advantage for Denver is playing in altitude.

Attempting to avoid fatigue from the altitude may be one factor in Cowher attempting to go to more of a ball control offense from the start. LeBeau matching wits with Shanahan & Kubiak should be fun to watch.

For once I actually can wait for next Sunday while I recover from yesterday (for those who are interested a DVD of yesterday's game is being sold on EBay).

OSKIE
01-16-2006, 11:52 AM
It's my opinion that Shanny has an advantage here. Being that each team has equal amount of time and that we haven't played each other this year and don't have film from that type of match-up to go off of, I have to give the nod to Shanny over Cowher. I like Cowher, but I think Shanny is better at preparing.

tony hipchest
01-16-2006, 11:59 AM
Hi All, Bronco fan here. I do the majority of my posting at the Orangemane. It's a great Broncos thread and you'll be welcome over there to give your views. We had some great dialogue with Pats fans last week and expect the same from the very knowledgeable Steeler fan base.

I've read all of your comments on this thread and have to agree with a lot of them. The Steelers and Broncos are very similar. Hines Ward and Rod Smith are both very similar. Both are not only great receivers, they are great blockers which helps the run game.

Somebody mentioned Palumalu being the better safety. NO DOUBT! I will say that Lynch looks reborn in the past month. He seriously has been playing like a 24 year old 15 year vet! Sounds funny, but he found a fountain of youth or something. I'm not sure what got into Coyer (Our DC) but he's been sending Lynch on blitzes about 25% of the time in the last month (2 games mind you). He absolutely killed Brees and Rivers in the Chargers game, then turned around and smashed Tommy Terrific on a number of occassions Saturday Night. In fact the first play of the game he hit the Golden Child!

I'm not here to troll so please don't take any of my posts as if they're trying to draw a flame war or anything. That being said, I think we could have more success running the ball vs your D then that of the Pats. Your guys' defense is great, make no mistake. But, I think the Pats DL is what gave us fits. Smith and Von Oldenhoffen (sp?) are good but I don't think they're on the same level as Seymour and Warren (Pats). Casey Hampton is a force in the middle no doubt, but I don't think he's much more than a clog at this point. He does his job and occupies double teams, which is similar to Wilfork for the Pats. The point I'm getting at is that I think Denver may be able to get to the 2nd level against your pass D. I know that you shut out almost every single good RB you played this year. But you haven't faced the zone blocking scheme either. Somebody mentioned Edge being better than any of the Broncos RB's. No doubt about that! However, Denver's scheme is quite a bit different than Indy's. Indy tries to stretch you out and make holes by creating space. A fast defense (like yours) is very effective stopping that type of run game. Denver's offense/run game takes advantage of speed on defense. That's the cutback portion of our run game. Get the DL and LB's going in one direction, use their momentum against them by blocking down and cutting back at the same time. Very similar to what a Judo Artist uses. By using the opponents momentum against them the Broncos are capable of using smaller Linemen with more athelticsm. The Pats LB's and DL is bigger and slower which stopped them from over pursuing.

I'll be back to talk more football later. Hopefully we'll see a great injury free game and the winner goes on to win the SB. I'm a diehard Broncos fan but I'm also a big fan of football in general. I wouldn't mind seeing the Bus win one in his hometown. I wouldn't mind seeing the Seahawks who haven't won anything EVER win one, and I wouldn't mind seeing the Panthers and Julius Peppers (one of my favs) get one. But, like you can imagine I wouldn't mind seeing my disrespected Broncos get one!!!seems like alot of knowledgable and repectable bronco fans making the rounds. you picked a good board to visit. nice objective analysis. i guess im a little shocked to not be flooded with "ben is over rated" and "cowher sucks" posts. then again weve put our division rivals behind us. i see both ben and jake having a long, long day, but i think they both handle the physical pressure much better than the 2 quarterbacks our teams faced this weekend.

MNsteelers
01-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Good stuff Rotorhead....good points. As Jimmy Johnson says, "it doesn't come down to who makes more big plays, it comes down to who doesn't make big mistakes."
Both of these teams have proved they can win anywhere, against anyone and in any situation. The question is which team will play more disciplined football and which team will be able to stick to their game plan better. Both teams play similar styles, and whichever team is able to take its opponent out of that style will win.

And I'm more psyched about this game than I was over last year's AFC Championship game. I just want Broncos fans to know this game was caused by Pittsburgh beating the Colts, NOT Indianapolis losing to Pittsburgh. This is just as dangerous a team....

TexaSteeler
01-16-2006, 12:56 PM
The key to this game is having Kimo roll over on Jake's knee.

shevdog
01-16-2006, 12:56 PM
Denver has been the silent beast in the AFC. All the hype has been the Colts, which is why the Broncos the Broncos have been under the radar until now.

The Broncos and Steelers look evenly matched. Playing up there in "Mile High" is no walk in the park.

Big Ben is now the highest rated QB in that NFL, after the Steelers defense knocked (half-literally) out #2 (Palmer) and #1 (P. Manning). Ok, that doesn't mean too much, other than Pittsburgh has a serious threat in the air, when they are not pounding the ball in the running game.

Plummer is a good QB, though he is not Palmer or P. Manning. Denver is an all-around solid team, which makes it a long day for a team like the Steelers. With a team like that, you have to play mistake free football. Of course the Patriots kept handing the ball over to the Broncos "on a silver plate".

Sure, the Broncos now are the best team in the NFL. (Hold the stones for a second). Even so, when it comes to a head-to-head matchup, the Steelers playing mistake free Steelers football has the Broncos number.

Forget about home records and road records... the Steelers are in good rhythm, as focused, and are healthly. The Steelers are a mature team that will pull off a story book XL championship post-season! Unlike last post-season, where the Steelers were Super Bowl favorite, this year they are far from it. Yet they have a lot they didn't have last year, especially a stronger running game and maturity + prose with Roethlisberger.

Call it strange and odd, yet I have a peace about the playoffs this year for the Steelers... (I'm not all tense like previous playoff years). We'll find out soon enough whether or not my feeling decieve me.

Anyhow... Steelers will need to play mistake free Steelers football. Denver beat the Chargers 20-17 at home back in September. Chargers are a little similar to the Steelers, having a good running game and having also tammed the Colts. If anything this could mean that this might me trench warfare, in a close game??? Eh, I rather see the Steelers get off to a quick start with a 2+ td lead, then get into trench warfare.

On the NFC side, I want the Steelers to go up against the Seahawks and Alexander. I'm picking the Seahawks to win that battle against the Panthers. Yet the Panthers have proved me wrong every week... Somehow I feel the Steelers will play nothing but horses and cats in the XL post-season... We'll find out next Sunday!

Steelers 2005-06: Tamers of Wild Cats and Wild Horses!

shevdog
01-16-2006, 12:57 PM
The key to this game is having Kimo roll over on Jake's knee.

LOL! We'll have to give Kimo a nickname then... Kimo the Bull!

pitt
01-16-2006, 02:06 PM
:tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

OSKIE
01-16-2006, 02:32 PM
Denver has been the silent beast in the AFC. All the hype has been the Colts, which is why the Broncos the Broncos have been under the radar until now.

The Broncos and Steelers look evenly matched. Playing up there in "Mile High" is no walk in the park.

Big Ben is now the highest rated QB in that NFL, after the Steelers defense knocked (half-literally) out #2 (Palmer) and #1 (P. Manning). Ok, that doesn't mean too much, other than Pittsburgh has a serious threat in the air, when they are not pounding the ball in the running game.

Plummer is a good QB, though he is not Palmer or P. Manning. Denver is an all-around solid team, which makes it a long day for a team like the Steelers. With a team like that, you have to play mistake free football. Of course the Patriots kept handing the ball over to the Broncos "on a silver plate".

Sure, the Broncos now are the best team in the NFL. (Hold the stones for a second). Even so, when it comes to a head-to-head matchup, the Steelers playing mistake free Steelers football has the Broncos number.

Forget about home records and road records... the Steelers are in good rhythm, as focused, and are healthly. The Steelers are a mature team that will pull off a story book XL championship post-season! Unlike last post-season, where the Steelers were Super Bowl favorite, this year they are far from it. Yet they have a lot they didn't have last year, especially a stronger running game and maturity + prose with Roethlisberger.

Call it strange and odd, yet I have a peace about the playoffs this year for the Steelers... (I'm not all tense like previous playoff years). We'll find out soon enough whether or not my feeling decieve me.

Anyhow... Steelers will need to play mistake free Steelers football. Denver beat the Chargers 20-17 at home back in September. Chargers are a little similar to the Steelers, having a good running game and having also tammed the Colts. If anything this could mean that this might me trench warfare, in a close game??? Eh, I rather see the Steelers get off to a quick start with a 2+ td lead, then get into trench warfare.

On the NFC side, I want the Steelers to go up against the Seahawks and Alexander. I'm picking the Seahawks to win that battle against the Panthers. Yet the Panthers have proved me wrong every week... Somehow I feel the Steelers will play nothing but horses and cats in the XL post-season... We'll find out next Sunday!

Steelers 2005-06: Tamers of Wild Cats and Wild Horses!

Pittsburg is playing excellent football right now. They've beat some very good teams to this point. I'm not big on predictions b/c it doesn't matter what I say or think. I'm not gonna sit here and predict a win or a 100 yards rushing for Bell or MA or a 3 TD performance for Jake Plummer... it just doesn't matter what I think or project.

You mentioned the game vs the Chargers in Mile High. Remember that we were a struggling team then. We had just lost the opener to Miami and a very bad way. Really, you can look back to the 2nd half of that football game and see that 1/2 is when we turned our season around. The defense decided they were going to play mistake free football (41 total yards in the 2nd half against any team is good... against the likes of Tomlinson, Brees, Gates, and McCardell is getting it done!) and did so from that point forward.

Take a look at what Denver did against SD to close the season though. IMO, that game is more telling than the game against SD in Denver. We were without 4 starters (resting/injury) and played several of the other starters only one half. We pounded on the Chargers for 60 minutes... in a game that meant nothing to us. Our team is strong and they are deep. Depth is key in the NFL. Not only for fill ins in case of an injury, but for rotations. Our DL runs 8 deep. At any given time you'll see 4 of the following 8: Pryce, Brown, Myers, Warren, Ekuban, Engleberger, Veal, and Pope. While none of these guys stand out singularly, as a group they produce the most pressure in the NFL. So that I'm not misintepreted here, I'm not saying that the Broncos produce the most sacks b/c they do not, I'm saying they get the most pressure... which is fact. Tom Brady wasn't sacked a single time Saturday night. Not once! Yet he was hit more than a teflon pinata!

The mistakes (turnovers) you see are not gimmes. The Broncos are forcing them. The only unforced turnover in the game vs the Pats was Troy Brown's fumble. The other four were all from hits or INTs. Another thing that is somewhat new for us this season is the open ball. I don't know what our DC has done, but if the ball is up for grabs (either in the air or on the ground) our guys make the play. It's weird, kind of like stars aligning weird b/c in the past we didn't fall on those balls or make those plays in the air. Seeing the hustle that my Broncos put forth on the field is very gratifying, hopefully they bring the same intensity this week.

As for bashing Cowher or Roth or anybody else on your team... how could I? Roth isn't a Tom Brady/Pay-a-ton Manning cry baby on the field. If he gets hit he doesn't start crying like a little punk. I guess there have been some inside the Steelers camp that say he complains about injury but I haven't seen it and don't really care. Bettis is a complete class act. I felt bad for him yesterday. I wanted the Steelers to win and would have felt twice as bad had they lost in that fashion. Cowher has the kind of intensity that you have to appreciate. One of the reasons that I like John Gruden as well. Finally, you just can't say enough about Hines Ward. Dude does it all and EVERYTIME you see his face on the field he is smiling! He does his job, he does it well, and he enjoys doing it. Can't help but appreciate that as well.

On Denver's side you see the same things from guys like Plummer, Rod Smith, Al Wilson, John Lynch, and Champ Bailey. Those guys have fun and enjoy what they do. I can promise you one thing gents, whoever wins this game will have earned it and they will have pissed off the NFL and ESPN b/c they don't have the pretty boys, they have the workers that are willing to get down and dirty to win it all!

Koopa
01-16-2006, 02:46 PM
i wouldn't look at either sd vs denver game cause, you said the broncos were struggling the beginning of the season but so was the chargers, they also had just lost to the cowboys and they were just getting gates back so they had to work that all out. then the last game rivers played cause ya'll broke brees, and they too didn't have anything to play for so it wasn't like they played with passion.

this is gonna be a badass game and i think we will come out on top. like shevdog this is the first time i'm not feeling nervous as hell. but don't take that as me underestimating the broncos, i think they are one hell of a team and if they ruin my year next sunday then i'll be rooting for you guys, but thank god it ain't going to happen :grin:

ngreene15
01-16-2006, 03:13 PM
i wouldn't look at either sd vs denver game cause, you said the broncos were struggling the beginning of the season but so was the chargers, they also had just lost to the cowboys and they were just getting gates back so they had to work that all out. then the last game rivers played cause ya'll broke brees, and they too didn't have anything to play for so it wasn't like they played with passion.

this is gonna be a badass game and i think we will come out on top. like shevdog this is the first time i'm not feeling nervous as hell. but don't take that as me underestimating the broncos, i think they are one hell of a team and if they ruin my year next sunday then i'll be rooting for you guys, but thank god it ain't going to happen :grin:

I'm not sure what will happen in this game... I haven't really watched Denver this year. But regardless, I'm very confident in the Steelers (but not overconfident..ie. Colts), they're playing great right now, a team on a mission. Can't wait till Sunday.

SteelerzGirl
01-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Just have time to make a couple quick posts, but wanted to share this link with you. I thought it was really cute. The site belongs to a girl named Karen who lives in Pittsburgh. I looked around her site a bit. She did a great job!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/whitediamonds/fc0ac96d.gif

http://www.angel9oh7.com/flashsteeler21.html

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Yep I celebrated last nite, couldnt sleep was still so excited.

Now its back to work, we need a top notch , unpredictable game plan for the broncos... a tough physical game is gonna be at hand so we need to be ready for it.

SteelCityMan786
01-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Alright guys. We had our night to celebrate the huge win. Now we need to focus on the task at hand. We're one step away from making it to the big game. Let's do this for the BUS!

Time to get pumped up for the game. Get those towels up! Let's show these Broncos why we made it this far!

Time for the Doncos To Eat Shit And Die!

Ballhawk
01-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Great game against the Colts!!!! Better luck next year!

shevdog
01-16-2006, 08:05 PM
Pittsburg is playing excellent football right now. They've beat some very good teams to this point. I'm not big on predictions b/c it doesn't matter what I say or think. I'm not gonna sit here and predict a win or a 100 yards rushing for Bell or MA or a 3 TD performance for Jake Plummer... it just doesn't matter what I think or project.

You mentioned the game vs the Chargers in Mile High. Remember that we were a struggling team then. We had just lost the opener to Miami and a very bad way. Really, you can look back to the 2nd half of that football game and see that 1/2 is when we turned our season around. The defense decided they were going to play mistake free football (41 total yards in the 2nd half against any team is good... against the likes of Tomlinson, Brees, Gates, and McCardell is getting it done!) and did so from that point forward.

Take a look at what Denver did against SD to close the season though. IMO, that game is more telling than the game against SD in Denver. We were without 4 starters (resting/injury) and played several of the other starters only one half. We pounded on the Chargers for 60 minutes... in a game that meant nothing to us. Our team is strong and they are deep. Depth is key in the NFL. Not only for fill ins in case of an injury, but for rotations. Our DL runs 8 deep. At any given time you'll see 4 of the following 8: Pryce, Brown, Myers, Warren, Ekuban, Engleberger, Veal, and Pope. While none of these guys stand out singularly, as a group they produce the most pressure in the NFL. So that I'm not misintepreted here, I'm not saying that the Broncos produce the most sacks b/c they do not, I'm saying they get the most pressure... which is fact. Tom Brady wasn't sacked a single time Saturday night. Not once! Yet he was hit more than a teflon pinata!

The mistakes (turnovers) you see are not gimmes. The Broncos are forcing them. The only unforced turnover in the game vs the Pats was Troy Brown's fumble. The other four were all from hits or INTs. Another thing that is somewhat new for us this season is the open ball. I don't know what our DC has done, but if the ball is up for grabs (either in the air or on the ground) our guys make the play. It's weird, kind of like stars aligning weird b/c in the past we didn't fall on those balls or make those plays in the air. Seeing the hustle that my Broncos put forth on the field is very gratifying, hopefully they bring the same intensity this week.

As for bashing Cowher or Roth or anybody else on your team... how could I? Roth isn't a Tom Brady/Pay-a-ton Manning cry baby on the field. If he gets hit he doesn't start crying like a little punk. I guess there have been some inside the Steelers camp that say he complains about injury but I haven't seen it and don't really care. Bettis is a complete class act. I felt bad for him yesterday. I wanted the Steelers to win and would have felt twice as bad had they lost in that fashion. Cowher has the kind of intensity that you have to appreciate. One of the reasons that I like John Gruden as well. Finally, you just can't say enough about Hines Ward. Dude does it all and EVERYTIME you see his face on the field he is smiling! He does his job, he does it well, and he enjoys doing it. Can't help but appreciate that as well.

On Denver's side you see the same things from guys like Plummer, Rod Smith, Al Wilson, John Lynch, and Champ Bailey. Those guys have fun and enjoy what they do. I can promise you one thing gents, whoever wins this game will have earned it and they will have pissed off the NFL and ESPN b/c they don't have the pretty boys, they have the workers that are willing to get down and dirty to win it all!

You mentioned a lot of good things. I repect your comments.

Denver, as you mention, has depth in their team. They are all around solid, even though they don't have stars that shine bright. I love what they did against the Patriots!!! I believe the Broncos and Steelers are evenly matched for Sunday. In order for either team to win, they got to keep with their game plan and play mistake free football. I really don't know how this matchup is going to endup. I have a feeling it will be a close battle.

It will be interesting to see Rod Woodson and Terrell Davis give their predictions and picks for this game on NFL Total Access.

Let's make this a good game!

...And the Steelers will come out fighting with a Super Bowl spot!!!

TexaSteeler
01-16-2006, 09:54 PM
These teams are so evenly matched that I think it's really going to come down to coaching. Which now that I think of it, makes me very worried. We're outmatched there.

Koopa
01-16-2006, 10:23 PM
Time for the Doncos To Eat Shit And Die!

damn looks like i'm rubbing off on this young dude here lol. don't tell your parents you learned it from here

Manic D
01-16-2006, 11:48 PM
Man I really hope we kill the Broncos...this needs to be revenge for the '98 championship game...the ghost of Kordell has been purged, we're underdogs playing the best ball we've played all year. I really like our chances. I think our team matches up against the Broncos much better than it did (on paper) against the Colts. Jake the Mistake will throw a pick, that's for sure. **** that guy. Beard or no beard he'll always be a scrub. We have to win this game...

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2006, 12:18 AM
damn looks like i'm rubbing off on this young dude here lol. don't tell your parents you learned it from here

Yeah koopa, see what you did, now you everybody turning into Koopa's :sofunny:

Justin Otstott
01-17-2006, 12:19 AM
I will never forget that 98 playoff game we lost by these lucky ****s!!! GO STEELERS!!!!

Da'Burgh
01-17-2006, 12:51 AM
For sure. We gotta play Steeler football!!!

Prosdo
01-17-2006, 06:35 AM
You mentioned a lot of good things. I repect your comments.

Denver, as you mention, has depth in their team. They are all around solid, even though they don't have stars that shine bright. I love what they did against the Patriots!!! I believe the Broncos and Steelers are evenly matched for Sunday. In order for either team to win, they got to keep with their game plan and play mistake free football. I really don't know how this matchup is going to endup. I have a feeling it will be a close battle.

It will be interesting to see Rod Woodson and Terrell Davis give their predictions and picks for this game on NFL Total Access.

Let's make this a good game!

...And the Steelers will come out fighting with a Super Bowl spot!!!

Rod and TD have a bet for the game. Loser has to wear the other ones game jersey. lol

Steel - X
01-17-2006, 08:34 AM
Steelers vs Denver what an intriguigin matchup this will be. Oskie you had a lot of nice opinions in your posts very well spoken of your team. Like others have said this is going to come down to coaching and special teams/field position. Denver to me is not a high powered offense they are very similar to the steelers offense run the ball and use play action.

QB Plummer - Roeth, I would have to say = but if I had to choose plummer would get the edge due to experience.
RB Bell/Anderson - Bettis/Parker WOW tuff to figure there. = again
WR Smith/Lelie - Ward/EL - Pitts - I have never seen anything out of Lelie in a game I have watched.
TE Miller - Putzier - If Pitts uses miller like they did in the colts game all the love goes to Heath, Putz just seems to be the tackling dummy in every game. That guy was always on jacked up.
OL Den - Pitts - Totally different schemes but both solid, equal
DL Den - Pitts - Can not believe Denver has those guys as starting lineman its un believeable. To me I am going with Pitts because they know how to stop the run.
LB Den - Pitts - Pitts by far the superior in this category.
CB Den all the way you can not down play Champ Bailey (even though on that return I would not have seen that from him) but the guy is the best cover corner in the league. I am not expecting a big game from ward.
S Pitts - Palamalu is the man and will be the man for years to come.

I am not sure what the did for my view of this game but tell me what I already thought of the game. THis is going to be close and I think it will come down to field position.

Suitanim
01-17-2006, 08:46 AM
That's a nice format...pardon me while I blatantly rip it off!

QB Plummer - Big Ben.
Momentum goes to Ben, and I'm not positive, but I'd venture a guess and say that Ben has more playoff experience.

RB Bell/Anderson - Bettis/Parker
Even up

WR Smith/Lelie - Ward/EL - Pitts -
Even up on Smith's reputation

TE Miller - Putzier
No comparison, Miller in a landslide

OL -
Even up

DL-
Steelers because their 3 up front are as good as any in the 3-4, and Denvers 4 up front are all ex-Browns

LB
Pitts by far the superior in this category.

CB
Even up...you don't get to be 29th against the pass without a good reason, although Bailey is excellent

S-
Advantage Pittsburgh. Troy is the best in the business, and Lynch USED to be the best in the business

ST- Even up

Coaching-
Even up...2 of the best, maybe of all time

Intangibles
Even up. Denver at home, but Pittsburgh has as much monentum as any team I've seen in recent memory

Overall, I'm going Steelers over Denver at about 44 points

Rotorhead
01-17-2006, 09:03 AM
QB's - Ben, he has more playoff experience
RB - Even up
WR - Even up
LB - Denvers LB's are very good so even up IMO
CB - For now Denver, although Ike will be there sooner than later
S - This is obvious . . . Troy
Coach - Even matchup, Shany is off guru, Cowher is def guru
ST - Punt goes to us with ARE, Kick goes to Broncos cause of injuries
O-Line - Even up
D-Line - Steelers cause the familiarity factor
Intangibles - Denver . . . Home, Crowd (Insanely loud), Altitude outdoes "on a roll"

Outcome - Steelers by 10!

clevestinks
01-17-2006, 04:07 PM
We win 27-10! Write it down! Not looking ahead!

lotas
01-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Hey guys I have been a lurker here in the past month and just registered. Been a fan since '95 when I was 7 years old, my sister loved the Cowboys so obviously I went against her in the 95 bowl and became a fan! I have NFL sunday ticket so i've seen all but i think three games since! there is my intro :)

Anyways does anyone else think that the Patriots/Broncos game should've been a lot closer? I mean personally I think our game against the Colts should've been something like 28-10 (if we would've received accurate officiating, *cough Randle El P.I. / Polamalu cough* but that's a whole nother arguement!). Anyways, I was watching an NFL show, and they were talking about a few of the calls in Denver and how ridiculous they were. One was, as most of you probably know, the pass interference.

They talked about how N.E. had all the momentum of the game until that P.I. call on Samuel, which set Denver up on the 1 for the score. From there on out N.E. suffered and didn't play as well.

In my opinion the same thing happened with our Steelers, after the Polamalu pick that was overturned our defense seemed to just lose all the momentum and the, whats the word, not confidence, but anticipation and excitement of knowing they were about to wrap up the Colts. This is when the Colts started driving, getting some offensive momentum and scoring.

Perhaps the two games were similar such that Denver in the Denver/Pats game was our Indy...they got some favorable calls that ended up in points. Whereas if the calls would've been "correct" or the other way it would've potentially ended up with Pit/N.E. scoring as they had the offensive momentum. Therefore maybe we shouldn't be all that impressed with Denver's win? How would we of felt if the Colts won because of a few key calls?

By the way-- to Denver fans, I'm just trying to point something out, not questioning the skill or validity of the win!

I don't know, just something I thought of. Regardless I can't wait for the game, I'm so excited I can't contain myself. Should be one hell of a game!

Suitanim
01-17-2006, 08:10 PM
That's a nice analysis, especially for a first post. Don't worry about the New Engalnd fans, me and Tony spend a little extra energy to keep them off the rest of yinz who didn't ask for their disrespect...this is a Steelers board, after all...

Rep points!

Mr. Clean
01-17-2006, 08:19 PM
I want the entire national sports media to jump on the Broncos bandwagon. Every last one of them!

I think Plummer will do something stupid. He is due for another game like he had in Miami to start the season. He was horrid in that game.

Don't know the score, but the Steelers should take care of buisness. 1997 was a long time ago, but Cowher wants that ring, and the Donkeys are in the way.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Right on.. everybody pile on the broncos band wagon, keep telling them they are the SB favorites right now.. Tell them how good they are and how underrated they are.. Everybody pile on the broncos...

So we can PILE on them too this sunday afternoon !!! :tt:

SteelerDan43
01-17-2006, 10:30 PM
ESPN cracks me up... You can already pre-order conference champ shirts and hats for both teams... :helmet:

SteelerFanInCA
01-18-2006, 01:14 PM
It's time to take down the next horse in line.

fergusonat
01-18-2006, 02:02 PM
Denver's win was not at all impressive over New England if you ask me. 17 of their points came off of either dumb turnovers that New England should never have committed or poor calls. New England beat themselves, IMO.

With that being said, I'm happy the Pats are out of the way. Denver is going down! :tt:

CASTEEL
01-19-2006, 03:32 PM
Denver is going down! :tt:
Denver is going down!!!:busted::busted::busted:

:tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

WireWeasel
01-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Hey guys...Just stumbled on the site so I registered....
Here we Go Steelers!!

SteelerzGirl
01-20-2006, 05:00 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/whitediamonds/0df8ff52.gif

HERE WE GO, STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Prosdo
01-21-2006, 01:24 AM
We got about 36 hours till kickoff!

Suitanim
01-21-2006, 08:11 AM
Oh boy, another 12 year old troller.

Rotorhead
01-21-2006, 08:32 AM
That depends, do you like Donkeys or Jackass?

dorettae1
01-21-2006, 09:05 AM
Hello All. New to site. Love the comments.

Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prosdo
01-21-2006, 09:06 AM
Welcome to SF Dorettae.

OrangeMane06
01-21-2006, 10:17 AM
were not donkeys or jackasses, heres a stat 6-1 in championship games, 8-0 @ home 10-3 with 1 int as a starter for the snake who will rattle ur blitzburgh blitzes and we win 35-28 in ot!

tony hipchest
01-21-2006, 10:20 AM
That depends, do you like Donkeys or Jackass?:rofl: :rofl: :busted:

SteelerzGirl
01-21-2006, 10:29 AM
That depends, do you like Donkeys or Jackass?

tehehe... Niiiiiiice! :rofl:

FisherMOM
01-21-2006, 11:01 AM

Bring it home BOYS!!!!!!!
One for the THUMB... :thmbup:

OrangeMane06
01-21-2006, 11:23 AM
GO BRONCOS GO!!!!!!!!! 35-10 broncos!!!!!!!

SteelerzGirl
01-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Geesh... It looks like that horse is hurting itself. GO STEELERS!

OrangeMane06
01-21-2006, 11:39 AM
the broncos will win @ mile high!!!!! i guarantee it! i'll write my name is blood!!! i'll even put $50 bucks on the game 4 anyone who wants to bet on the game!!!!!!! any takers?

OrangeMane06
01-21-2006, 01:38 PM
35-10 BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big game, then on 2 superbowl xl baby!!!!!!!

matt314hew
01-21-2006, 01:54 PM
i will take that bet jackass donkey

Da'Burgh
01-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Ok we get it, now go back to your Bronco forum.

OrangeMane06
01-21-2006, 03:45 PM
wish i could but i registered but it won't let me post! y is that?

Suitanim
01-21-2006, 04:00 PM
were not donkeys or jackasses, heres a stat 6-1 in championship games, 8-0 @ home 10-3 with 1 int as a starter for the snake who will rattle ur blitzburgh blitzes and we win 35-28 in ot!

A one trick pony...same shit, different thread.

lotas
01-21-2006, 04:25 PM
can you explain to me how you win by 7 in overtime?

SteelCityMan786
01-21-2006, 04:46 PM
wish i could but i registered but it won't let me post! y is that?

Probably because your ass got banned.

OrangeMane06
01-21-2006, 05:39 PM
In a school just outside of Pittsburgh, a first grade teacher explained
to her class that she is a Steelers fan. She asked her students to raise
their hands if they are Steelers fans too. Not really knowing what a Steelers fan is, but wanting to be liked by
their teacher, their little hands all went up into the air. However, there was one exception. A little boy named Timmy had not
gone along with the crowd. The teacher asked him why he has decided to be different.
"Because I am not a Steelers fan," says Timmy.
The teacher then asked, "What are you?"
Timmy says, "I'm a Broncos fan."The teacher is a little perturbed now. Her face slightly red, she asked
Timmy why he is a Broncos fan. "Well, my mom and dad are Broncos fans so I'm a Broncos fan too."
The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly.
"What if you mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot?"
Timmy smiled and said, "Then I'd be a Steelers fan."
And the Steelers Suck

Suitanim
01-21-2006, 05:43 PM
Just how many threads are you gonna post this age-old joke in?

Do you have ANYTHING to say, dumbass?

OrangeMane06
01-21-2006, 06:04 PM
Steelers -- Roethlisberger is 13-1 on the road in his career, including the playoffs. ... Pittsburgh allowed only eight TDs on the road during the regular season, fewest in the NFL. ... Roethlisberger is the first QB since 1970 to start back-to-back league championship games in his first two seasons. Broncos -- Plummer has the second-highest postseason completion percentage (62.3) among active players with at least 100 attempts. ... Denver's defense has allowed only 50 points during the team's current five-game winning streak. ... WR Smith has a TD catch in each of his last three postseason games and three TDs in three career games against the Steelers, including the playoffs.

Suitanim
01-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Good for you...you have mastered the copy and paste feature. We'll never see you again after about 6:30 tomorrow evening...

Stlrs4Life
01-21-2006, 10:01 PM
In a school just outside of Pittsburgh, a first grade teacher explained
to her class that she is a Steelers fan. She asked her students to raise
their hands if they are Steelers fans too. Not really knowing what a Steelers fan is, but wanting to be liked by
their teacher, their little hands all went up into the air. However, there was one exception. A little boy named Timmy had not
gone along with the crowd. The teacher asked him why he has decided to be different.
"Because I am not a Steelers fan," says Timmy.
The teacher then asked, "What are you?"
Timmy says, "I'm a Broncos fan."The teacher is a little perturbed now. Her face slightly red, she asked
Timmy why he is a Broncos fan. "Well, my mom and dad are Broncos fans so I'm a Broncos fan too."
The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly.
"What if you mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot?"
Timmy smiled and said, "Then I'd be a Steelers fan."
And the Steelers Suck

Old joke that we use on the Browns fans. Try something more original.

tulsa_orange
01-21-2006, 10:17 PM
Egads! It started out so civil on monday. The smack talking is almost done, the coaching is done except for halftime adjustments. All that is left is to play the game. It has all the makings of a classic. Can't hardly wait for the game. Hopefully Denver will put it out of reach early, but in a smooth, quiet manner so that there aren't any more heart attacks in Pittsburgh. Either way, I'm looking forward to a great game. :bouncy: :bouncy:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Here's to an injury free, awesome AFCCG :tt:

Prosdo
01-21-2006, 10:27 PM
I second that Blitz!

DIESELMAN
01-21-2006, 10:59 PM
Here's to an injury free, awesome AFCCG :tt:

Right on!! heres to a clean cut no doubt about it ass whooping to the Boncos!! :helmet:
:tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2006, 11:03 PM
Cant say Ive ever seen the broncos play a clean game w/ Shanahan as the coach but we can hope I guess.