PDA

View Full Version : The Hines rule......

Milkman
08-16-2009, 05:09 PM
So I'm sitting here watching the replay of the eagles - pats game and it's about the 6 minute mark until the fourth quarter.

Maclin is on a punt return and the guy makes a block to spring him is actually worse-looking than the Hines on crybabies-brittle-ass-bunghole-rivers.

You can actually see their helmets colliding and the booth guys are all whooping and hollerin' about what a great play it was (which I agree with btw).

But not once did they say "that hit should have been flagged for the Hines rule".

I guess you actually have to be "Hines" to get flagged for it lol!

Just thought I'd point that out in case anyone had missed that particular game.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-16-2009, 05:14 PM
So I'm sitting here watching the replay of the eagles - pats game and it's about the 6 minute mark until the fourth quarter.

Maclin is on a punt return and the guy makes a block to spring him is actually worse-looking than the Hines on crybabies-brittle-ass-bunghole-rivers.

You can actually see their helmets colliding and the booth guys are all whooping and hollerin' about what a great play it was (which I agree with btw).

But not once did they say "that hit should have been flagged for the Hines rule".

I think there is a caveat in that ruling that says that it only applies to offensive half-Korean Wide-recievers who are blocking wittle bengal "whine"backers.

devilsdancefloor
08-16-2009, 05:20 PM
I think there is a caveat in that ruling that says that it only applies to offensive half-Korean Wide-recievers who are blocking wittle bengal "whine"backers.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

JackHammer
08-16-2009, 05:45 PM

I can't remember what game it was yesterday, Atl vs. Det or Buffalo Vs Chi, but someone got called for it on a kick return.

SteelCityKing
08-16-2009, 06:18 PM
i want to see a video of that hit.

7SteelGal43
08-16-2009, 06:18 PM

Why do you think they call it "The Hines Rule" ? :wink02:

stillers4me
08-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Kinda of like all those rules to protect all QB's not named Ben Roethlisberger.

stlrtruck
08-16-2009, 07:20 PM
I think what you'll find out is that a lot of the announcers don't like the rule and think it's bogus.

I liked hearing Gruden in the booth Thursday night talking about how terrible the rule is, considering it's a violent league.

Milkman
Kinda of like all those rules to protect all QB's not named Ben Roethlisberger.

Yep.

Milkman
I think what you'll find out is that a lot of the announcers don't like the rule and think it's bogus.

I liked hearing Gruden in the booth Thursday night talking about how terrible the rule is, considering it's a violent league.

Yeah, I cheered for him when he said that.

LVSteelersfan
08-17-2009, 01:19 AM
I applaud Gruden for shutting up Jaws. He stopped him dead in his tracks when talking about that rule.

O Sensei
08-17-2009, 01:41 AM

Funny, funny stuff.....you could be on to something there.:applaudit::thumbsup::helmet: