PDA

View Full Version : I feel horrible for Tony Dungy

JackHammer
08-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Vick is coming off like a conniving piece of $hit in this 60 minutes interview. He sounds like a sociopath. Some things he says come off as sincere while most of what he says sounds like he's just saying what we want to hear. What's coming off as sincere is probably just lies that he's convinced himself to be true. I can't help but feel horrible for Dungy. I just get the feeling Vick is gonna end up making him look bad.

stlrtruck
08-16-2009, 07:10 PM
But Dungy is man enough to accept what comes his way.

I also believe that while Vick may not truly be repentive, at least now, for his past actions, I do believe that as he and Dungy continue to interact you will see a difference.

SteelTalons
08-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Dungy is to nice, almost to a fault. He got a lot of respect for what he was able to do when it comes to coaching and the barriers he's broken down. Personally I think anyone regardless of what you do for a living can look up to Dungy when it comes to how to live your life and carry yourself on a day to day basis.

However, I think this is one of the moments where although he reached out to Vick and tried to help him out. He's presented Vick with a second chance, and if he blows it. Thats on Vick, Dungy will take his lumps for vouching for Vick but he at least whats to give him a shot to do right.

HometownGal
08-16-2009, 07:27 PM
Dungy is to nice, almost to a fault. He got a lot of respect for what he was able to do when it comes to coaching and the barriers he's broken down. Personally I think anyone regardless of what you do for a living can look up to Dungy when it comes to how to live your life and carry yourself on a day to day basis.

However, I think this is one of the moments where although he reached out to Vick and tried to help him out. He's presented Vick with a second chance, and if he blows it. Thats on Vick, Dungy will take his lumps for vouching for Vick but he at least whats to give him a shot to do right.

Good post, Talons and I agree. Tony Dungy is one of the most gentlemanly and classiest HC's/former HC's the NFL has ever seen and if Vick blows this golden opportunity, Tony will know that he gave it his all in trying to help this cowardly worm not only rebuild his career, but his life.

43Hitman
08-16-2009, 07:45 PM
To be completely honest, Tony is doing what God has called him to do, and no matter what happens he'll be fine. He(Tony) won't care how the media or the public spins it, he believes and has faith that this is what God wants him to do. Even if it turns out in a bad way for Mike, it will only open more doors for Tony, and the mission he feels God has put him on.

I'm actually really proud of Tony Dungy for doing what he believes in, irregardless if it interferes with what he may have planned to do with the Colts.

fansince'76
08-16-2009, 07:46 PM
I'm glad the rumormongers were proven wrong (again) and the Eagles signed him instead of the Steelers.

43Hitman
08-16-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm glad the rumormongers were proven wrong (again) and the Eagles signed him instead of the Steelers.

Me to man, me to.

Godfather
08-16-2009, 08:55 PM
To be completely honest, Tony is doing what God has called him to do, and no matter what happens he'll be fine. He(Tony) won't care how the media or the public spins it, he believes and has faith that this is what God wants him to do. Even if it turns out in a bad way for Mike, it will only open more doors for Tony, and the mission he feels God has put him on.

I'm actually really proud of Tony Dungy for doing what he believes in, irregardless if it interferes with what he may have planned to do with the Colts.

I agree. Good for Dungy.

This is the part about being a Christian that people tend to forget--trying to redeem the sinner, especially when his sin is as socially unacceptable as abusing companion animals.

KeiselPower99
08-16-2009, 11:26 PM
I saw over on Myspace that they called Vick a football legend.. I never cared for Vick he was always to damn co*ky for my tastes and was never a qb just a guy that runs around.

stlrtruck
08-17-2009, 06:46 AM
I saw over on Myspace that they called Vick a football legend.. I never cared for Vick he was always to damn co*ky for my tastes and was never a qb just a guy that runs around.

Maybe he's a little humbled by his prison experience that he'll actually see the game for what it is.

Then again, I'm very thankful that this "maybe" wasn't tested in Steelers Country!

The_WARDen
08-17-2009, 07:10 AM
Vick is coming off like a conniving piece of $hit in this 60 minutes interview. He sounds like a sociopath. Some things he says come off as sincere while most of what he says sounds like he's just saying what we want to hear. What's coming off as sincere is probably just lies that he's convinced himself to be true. I can't help but feel horrible for Dungy. I just get the feeling Vick is gonna end up making him look bad.

Dungy's a big boy...he made his bed. According to ALL the talking heads, he's an expert in character cause he wrote a book or something?

Dino 6 Rings
08-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Vick is a classic example of Media Hype making an athlete appear to be more than what he was. Sure he had some dynamic games and made some great plays, but in reality, he was lazy, unfocussed, and in it for the money only. He wasn't that good of a QB to begin with, and really, is mediocre as a football player. There are 10-16 QBs in the NFL that were better than him while he played.

Fire Haley
08-18-2009, 09:27 AM
I'm sick of all this "Dungy is a Saint" crap . Why? because he took under his wing a 30 y/o multi-millionaire felon who had it all and blew it ?

Forgive if I'm not shedding any tears while Vick is getting more millions - poor little disadvantaged thug.

stlrtruck
08-18-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm sick of all this "Dungy is a Saint" crap . Why? because he took under his wing a 30 y/o multi-millionaire felon who had it all and blew it ?

Forgive if I'm not shedding any tears while Vick is getting more millions - poor little disadvantaged thug.

Dungy was a "saint" before he took Vick under his wing. The stories I've heard and even my own interaction with the man showed me a lot about his character. Not once have I seen him treat people as, "I'm better than you!" like other coaches and players have done.

Fire Haley
08-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Would Dungy be there for Vick if he was a white multi-millionaire felon?

hindes204
08-18-2009, 07:29 PM

yes.

SteelTalons
08-18-2009, 07:43 PM

Dungy has a track record of going out, tryna talk to young people. And to help people get their lives back on track. If Brady gets busted for a gay sex incident involving Randy Moss and a goat. Dungy would reach out to him to help him get his life back on track. Thats just how he operates...

fansince'76
08-18-2009, 08:37 PM

I believe so - Dungy, IMO, is a true Christian, and those are actually pretty rare. He's not just another hypocrite who acts like a Christian and/or plays up their religion only when it's convenient for them.