PDA

View Full Version : The Heart of This Team

Prosdo
01-16-2006, 06:31 AM
I think one thing we need to give a huge applaud to is the heart of this Pittsburgh Steelers team and the determination to succeed. Think back to week 13. We just lost to the Bengals and the playoffs seemed to be slipping out of our reach. Most people said we couldn't come back. It was just going to be too hard to beat the Chargers and Chiefs for that sixth seed. The Steelers won out their season. We did get some help from the Chargers and the Chiefs. But we did our part and pulled through. So our playoffs began with hard task of playing on the road. We went into Cincy and we won. Then as the 10 point underdogs and with everyone picking against them this team came up huge. Now were going back to the AFC Championship game. I mean week 13 to this point. You have to give the Steelers a lot of credit for playing with such heart and determination. Very proud to say they're from Pittsburgh! Keep it going Steelers! We have faith in you!

83-Steelers-43
01-16-2006, 06:36 AM
They shocked the hell out of me yesterday. I predicted a 31-27 Colt victory. They showed the heart, skills and determination yesterday that I have not seen from a Steeler team in a long time.

MichiSteeler
01-16-2006, 08:16 AM
They shocked the hell out of me yesterday. I predicted a 31-27 Colt victory. They showed the heart, skills and determination yesterday that I have not seen from a Steeler team in a long time.
:chair: How did u not have faith??????? It was a great game and the best team won.

83-Steelers-43
01-16-2006, 08:43 AM
:chair: How did u not have faith??????? It was a great game and the best team won.

I always have faith in the chance that we can beat any team we want to beat. But, I was asked and I gave my honest opinion on the score prediction. I did not feel we were going to beat the Colts. Thankfully, I was wrong. I personally don't feel I'm any less of a fan for stating that I felt the Colts would win. The city in general, from a good number of fans to the media felt we were going to lose. Thankfully, they were wrong.

Stlrs4Life
01-16-2006, 09:16 AM
No doubt, good post.

FisherMOM
01-16-2006, 09:20 AM
The Steelers have gone into the playoffs this year with
more POWER than years prior!
I have a great feeling about them.
They seem very focused on their game.
Maybe it's for THE BUS... but I think it's more than that.
There are so many awesome players on this team!

C'mon guys! You can do it! PITTSBURGH!!!!!:cheer:

Da'Burgh
01-16-2006, 09:28 AM
I had a good feeling about this game though. I knew we could do it, and just felt like we would. Why? We had the HEART. This whole season has been up and down (Maddox, Batch, RB switches, tons of doubters) and would do a number on most teams. The Steelers have stuck together and pulled this out and proved them all wrong. Now they gotta prove them wrong again even after we beat Indy. They still don't believe in us. They think we can't beat Denver, and the Steelers will show them!

augustashark
01-16-2006, 09:54 AM
I agree! started a thread regarding the heart and will of this team. They are a good group of guy!

This is a TEAM!

drizze99
01-16-2006, 10:05 AM
I can say that all week leading up to the game that we were going to win. I knew in my heart that we have the talent on this team to win the Super Bowl this year. This TEAM which is very close to the team we had last year, knows what it's like to come up short. I am seeing more focus and determination from this years team. I am also seeing some coaching differences as well. Cowher is coaching with more balls this post-season. We won that game yesterday with what we did the whole game which was pressure and confuse Manning. Even though the zebra's tried harder than hell to give the game to the Colts, we still prevailed. I really really like our chances this year...