PDA

View Full Version : A Humbling Experience

hindes204
08-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Unfortunately, one of my extra duties here in Kuwait is to participate in HR (human remains) ceremonies. It is a ceremony that takes place while transporting fallen soldiers from one aircraft to another to be taken home to thier final resting place. We did one tonite. Please keep in mind that there is still a war going on, and tonite somebodies father/brother/husband/son is on his way back home in a flag covered casket.

Please say a prayer for the men and women fighting over here to secure the freedoms that some take for granted everyday. :salute:

stlrtruck
08-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Prayers, always, for all our soldiers!!

And more prayers for the ones that have to handle situations like you do.

7SteelGal43
08-17-2009, 04:35 PM
:salute: My prayers for all the men and women in uniform, both here at home and overseas. Prayers for the families that are worried about loved ones or mourning the loss of a loved one. May God comfort them.

I'd like to add one thing though. When I see our men and women in uniform, or read thoughts form soldiers like you, carrying out those duties, I see more then mere "duty, or "defending of freemdom". I SEE HONOR at it's finest.

Vincent
08-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Please say a prayer for the men and women fighting over here to secure the freedoms that some take for granted everyday. :salute:

Daily. :salute:

stillers4me
08-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Our brave soldiers and our families are always in my prayers.

OneForTheToe
08-17-2009, 06:10 PM
:salute::usa:

To your fallen comrade and to you for your service.

MACH1
08-17-2009, 07:43 PM
:salute:

As always.

Stay safe over there!

tony hipchest
08-17-2009, 08:50 PM
my grandfather was a cheif master sgt in nam (at the time he made cheif he was the youngest man in the AF to ever make the rank).

he was basically in charge of the morgue and the loading the thousands of body bags on the cargo planes for their trip back to dover DE.

he is a very strong, proud, and patriotic man, and upon his return from the war was offered a prestigious promotion at the pentagon.

but he had enough and what he had seen took its toll. he told them to take their job and shove it and abruptly retired after 23 years.

he always wanted me to join, and i suspect often thinks of what coulda been.

it is humbling indeed. i think every soldier should be sent home with the dignity you provided with the ceremony. :cheers: youre doing a good thing by honoring them.

43Hitman
08-17-2009, 10:02 PM
:usa::salute:

HometownGal
08-17-2009, 10:13 PM
I have always and will always honor those courageous heroes who give so much of themselves and sacrifice their lives to fight for our country and our freedoms. I know you're a special person, hindes, and God bless you and your brethren and keep you all safe. :hug: :usa: :salute:

devilsdancefloor
08-17-2009, 10:32 PM
I will NEVER forget and i have made sure my children will NEVER forget. God bless all those serving.

KeiselPower99
08-17-2009, 11:59 PM
Death sadly is a part of life and of war. I couldnt begin to imagine what the phone call would be.like to hear that your husband/wife/son or daughter was killed in action. We get so caught up in politics and sports and movies and to often call people our idols. The men and women of the Armed Forces are the true role models and heroes.