PDA

View Full Version : My play(s) of the game.. neither is the "tackle"

Tim
01-16-2006, 07:46 AM
No, my 2 plays of the game are the sacks at the end of the 4th quarter with a minute and change left.

I'm sure all of you here can recall how often the Steelers lose in a situation such as this. Opponent backed up inside their 20, game on the line, less than 2 minutes left and bang, bang, bang, suddenly they're in field goal range tying or winning the game.

Ignore the fumble for a moment.

What would you have thought the odds were that Cowher would blitz in this situation? 99% of the time, we go into a coverage defense, which almost NEVER works and yet you see it all the time.

Not this time though. First, Porter gets the first sack because Manning moves his protection to take care of Troy leaving Joey completely unblocked. Then on 4th and 16 we send nearly everyone and sack him again. That to me was mindblowing.

Best 2 plays of the day in my opinion.

83-Steelers-43
01-16-2006, 07:49 AM
Randle El's TD catch. That was a hell of a catch. That ball had some serious heat on it and it was behind El a bit. Quieted the crowd down and set the momentum for the rest of the game in my opinion.

MichiSteeler
01-16-2006, 08:12 AM
I think all those three and outs for the colts and peyton being like 0/5 in first 2 possessions were all great plays. Those r the plays that gave us the momentum and lead to our routing of them in the first half

Rotorhead
01-16-2006, 09:05 AM
HHmmm that is a hard one . . . maybe McFadden's pass defense play towards the end to force the missed FG . . . Troy's interception and almost other interceptions . . . Casey chasing Manning out of the pocket . . . Bettis' diving TD . . . the 2 deep strikes to Heath . . . Wards amazing catch between defenders and stiff arm run afterwards . . . numerous sacks of Manning . . . pretty much everything Ben did. There were just so many plays that you can list here it almost pointless to try :)

Stlrs4Life
01-16-2006, 09:15 AM
My 2 plays of the game are the Ben tackle, and the missed FG by Vandy.

tony hipchest
01-16-2006, 12:07 PM
No, my 2 plays of the game are the sacks at the end of the 4th quarter with a minute and change left.

I'm sure all of you here can recall how often the Steelers lose in a situation such as this. Opponent backed up inside their 20, game on the line, less than 2 minutes left and bang, bang, bang, suddenly they're in field goal range tying or winning the game.

What would you have thought the odds were that Cowher would blitz in this situation? 99% of the time, we go into a coverage defense, which almost NEVER works and yet you see it all the time.

Not this time though. First, Porter gets the first sack because Manning moves his protection to take care of Troy leaving Joey completely unblocked. Then on 4th and 16 we send nearly everyone and sack him again. That to me was mindblowing.

Best 2 plays of the day in my opinion. i have to agree. in the thread about top 5 players of the game i listed j. porter #1 for those 2 plays in particular and mouthing off and backing it up. you notice how cowher never mentionned any displeasure with joey calling the colts out.

but ben having the presense of mind to get 20 yards downfield to even slow up harper on that return was definitely the most critical. like you said though with out those sacks the colts are marching downfield anyways.

Milkman
01-16-2006, 12:12 PM

Best 2 plays of the day in my opinion.

Nice points....very well put. :sign01:

augustashark
01-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Our last punt! Our kick coverage was outstanding! Just think.....If we get a short punt and then the return is for say 15yds, that would have put them say around our 35 or 40yd line....If that happens then they run the ball a couple of times and could have made the difference in the entire game.......I say the punt and the way we covered it!!!! That set us up to be aggressive.....I really don't think we would have played that aggressive if they were near mid field! IMO