PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought ... nickname for Redman ... ???

The Lakelander
08-17-2009, 05:15 PM
How about ....

Isaac Red Zone !!!

:tt03::tt03::tt::tt02::tt::tt03:

Pittsburghfan
08-17-2009, 05:17 PM
I heard that on KDKA as well. :wave:

If no one else knows, they were talking about this on KDKA news.

fansince'76
08-17-2009, 05:19 PM
"Rag Man" (in about 3 weeks)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3158/2566619917_9fed98f32c_m.jpg

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

simonsfs30
08-17-2009, 05:19 PM
heard it in the mourning in a mexican forum

sound good to me

Isaac "redzone" redman

ricksteelers55
08-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Lol wow....we must be the only fans giving nickname to a guy who only played 2 preseason Quarters ?

Redman is without a doubt this year's Kuhn

Psyychoward86
08-17-2009, 05:36 PM
2 quarters of a preseason game and some goal line drills in practice. Way to hit the bandwagon early. Give it some time.

ANDYMISIU
08-17-2009, 05:39 PM
RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!

steelreserve
08-17-2009, 05:58 PM
How about "Practice Squad?"

43Hitman
08-17-2009, 06:07 PM

:toofunny::toofunny::rofl::rofl:

SteelCityKing
08-17-2009, 06:48 PM
heard it in the mourning in a mexican forum

sound good to me

Isaac "redzone" redman

he sounds like he should be flying through the skies in F-16s "Top Gun!" haha!

SteelCityKing
08-17-2009, 06:49 PM
"i wanna be...i wanna be...i wanna be like Ike...like Ike...i wanna be like Ike!" =)

mmalone
08-17-2009, 07:03 PM
why does everyone rag on a guy who is bustin his butt to be a steeler...

we need a redman and a summers..

we have junk for power backs....

we should be praying with ben that they make it and make it big... he needs all the help he can get on the field.

Glace
08-17-2009, 07:11 PM
There's 2 sides to this....

#1, first and foremost, I want to see him in a preseason game against a STARTING defense before I make any conclusions.

#2, I'm not going to rag the guy just yet. I'm not going to call him Kuhn. He IS busting his ass trying to make the squad, and impressively...so far.

I remember just a few years ago saying "Who the heck is Willie Parker??? WTF?? Look how small he is!!! He's kinda fast, but comeon!!"....See how that worked out?

If he proves to be this year's hidden gem, I'm all for it...but I want some more validation. Parker EARNED his role. Redman will be no different. He needs to keep working hard and prove himself.

steeltheone
08-17-2009, 07:22 PM
Wow...A lot of love for 10 carries...

wootawnee
08-17-2009, 07:26 PM
How about Isaac "what you gonna do against Ray Lewis"Redman.......
or Isaac "how hard you gonna try to overacheive Like Rocky"Redman.....
Or Isaac""anyone can run behind a tank"Redman...........

Whatever it's gonna be just keep doing what your doing brother.......

stillers4me
08-17-2009, 07:28 PM

Every journey starts with a single step. :chuckle:

But I agree with the above posters. Redman's working his tail off to make a big impression and Tank is clearing the way for him. What is more Steelerlike that that?

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic that we have found an answer to the redzone problem.

mmalone
08-17-2009, 07:39 PM

davis had 77 yards and 2 fumbles in 19 games last year

i dont love that....

JackHammer
08-17-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm remaining cautiously optimistic that we have found an answer to the redzone problem.

That pretty much sums it up for me too. He still has a long way to go before he even makes the team, let alone earns any performance related nicknames. But he's off to the right start.

Hotrodder07
08-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Wow, it seems like most people are jumping to 2 extremes here. They either say, "he's the next Bettis," or they say, "he's Kuhn all over again."

Right now, I'm just going to withhold judgment until I see him against a quality defense. Until then, I'm not going to say anything.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-17-2009, 08:11 PM
I wanna see him in against a starting defense, preferably a quality one, but he needs to do this to a starting defense and not a second and third string one.

But if h can do this against a decent starting defense, then I like the "Red Zone" nickname, it fits.

tony hipchest
08-17-2009, 08:23 PM
willie + isaac = johnny blaze and the funk doctor.

"method man and redman blazing it up".

stillers4me
08-17-2009, 09:06 PM
I wanna see him in against a starting defense, preferably a quality one, but he needs to do this to a starting defense and not a second and third string one.

But if h can do this against a decent starting defense, then I like the "Red Zone" nickname, it fits.

He scored three times against the starting Steelers defense yesterday,

Quality enough?

ricksteelers55
08-17-2009, 09:18 PM
He scored three times against the starting Steelers defense yesterday,

Quality enough?

Gary Russell also scored a lot 2 years ago against the 1st team defense.

Until he proves to be a consistent runner in the NFL he's nothing but a training camp darling

and I dont want to get too excited about him,because I made that mistake once with Russell.

wootawnee
08-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Gary Russell also scored a lot 2 years ago against the 1st team defense.

Until he proves to be a consistent runner in the NFL he's nothing but a training camp darling

and I dont want to get too excited about him,because I made that mistake once with Russell.

Dude....Russell scored a TD in the SuperBowl.......I can't beleive he did not get a shot at camp this year at least........

BlastFurnace
08-17-2009, 09:49 PM

Now....that is funny!

BlastFurnace
08-17-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm really pulling for Redman. I think we don't know enough about him yet, but if he is our Leron McClain...I'm all for it.

ricksteelers55
08-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Dude....Russell scored a TD in the SuperBowl.......I can't beleive he did not get a shot at camp this year at least........

yeah he also got stuffed in the backfield a lot on 4th and inches in goal line situations

devilsdancefloor
08-17-2009, 10:51 PM
i hope he makes it but it is a long up hill road for sure! At this point im not gonna say he is the savior of our short yardage game until i see more. But what i have seen he looks very good keeps those legs churning for sure.

KeiselPower99
08-17-2009, 11:27 PM
How about Las Vegas Locomotives RB Issac Redman?

Steeldude
08-18-2009, 12:41 AM
yeah he also got stuffed in the backfield a lot on 4th and inches in goal line situations

you can thank the porous O-line for that.

MasterOfPuppets
08-18-2009, 12:48 AM
how about... "the manager" ....:thumbsup:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7582/mcdonaldsthumb.jpg (http://img237.imageshack.us/i/mcdonaldsthumb.jpg/)

steeltheone
08-18-2009, 02:26 AM
Gary Russell did a fine job in short yardage.I really don't remember him getting stuffed too often.

revefsreleets
08-18-2009, 09:01 AM
I remember when the Browns drafted Tommy Vardell out of Stanford with their 1st round pick (9th overall). His nickname was "Touchdown Tommy".

He played for 8 years in the NFL...he scored a grand total of 18 TD's for a whopping average of 2.25 TD/year.

I think I'm going to hold off JUST a tad longer before I go assigning any nicknames to any 7th string RB's...

Indo
08-18-2009, 09:53 AM
OOO! OO! I know...

How about "Rookie (who's trying to make the team)"

(he's off to a good start, but jeez...)

SteelMember
08-18-2009, 09:58 AM
Big Red

http://www.wku.edu/Athletics/tradition/bred2.jpg

or just Longshot.

:chuckle:

revefsreleets
08-19-2009, 11:15 AM
It really doesn't matter...if the guy doesn't rush for 200 yards and 4 scores every game he'll be widely hated by about half the Steelers fans, just like Mendy (is getting to be), Parker, Bettis (yes, in 2003 a TON of Steelers fans were calling for his head, saying he was washed up. Nevermind that the OL was injured as Hell, we had TE Mark Bruener playing left tackle at one point, and we just weren't a god football team that year, it was ALL Bettis' fault).

A lot of fans simply cannot grasp the bigger picture, there's no sense of relevance, hence a guy who has a nice preseason is slated to unseat the first round draft pick, the OC is a nitwit, etc, etc...

mmalone
08-19-2009, 01:14 PM
maybe the classic "REDRUM"

The Lakelander
08-19-2009, 04:32 PM
I think I'm going to hold off JUST a tad longer before I go assigning any nicknames to any 7th string RB's...

Wow, what a risk taker!

By golly, your steelersfever reputation could suffer if you're wrong! http://emoticons4u.com/sad/1431.gif

Be a man !!!!!! http://emoticons4u.com/crazy/1028.gif

HometownGal
08-19-2009, 06:46 PM
It really doesn't matter...if the guy doesn't rush for 200 yards and 4 scores every game he'll be widely hated by about half the Steelers fans, just like Mendy (is getting to be), Parker, Bettis (yes, in 2003 a TON of Steelers fans were calling for his head, saying he was washed up. Nevermind that the OL was injured as Hell, we had TE Mark Bruener playing left tackle at one point, and we just weren't a god football team that year, it was ALL Bettis' fault).

A lot of fans simply cannot grasp the bigger picture, there's no sense of relevance, hence a guy who has a nice preseason is slated to unseat the first round draft pick, the OC is a nitwit, etc, etc...

Sad, but unfortunately true. :shake02:

IF Redman makes the team - and right now that is a big IF - I'm going to call him "Red Rover".

STEELtownHAVOX
08-19-2009, 09:20 PM
Don't know if this has been said yet, but what about RedBull?

stillers4me
08-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Don't know if this has been said yet, but what about RedBull?

:thumbsup:

Now lets see if he lives up to it.

Steelers & I
08-19-2009, 11:04 PM

I can't think of any nicknames for Redman but we can DEFINITELY call you "The fan police". :toofunny:

X-Terminator
08-19-2009, 11:37 PM
I can't think of any nicknames for Redman but we can DEFINITELY call you "The fan police". :toofunny:

He may have exaggerated a bit, but he's certainly not wrong. You can also add the fans calling Troy a bust after his rookie season, but now you can't get their lips off his ass with motor oil and a crowbar. And I don't think they have ever been happy with any OC except MAYBE Ron Ehrhardt. Gailey? Bashed. Sherman? Bashed. Mularkey? Bashed. Whisenhunt? Bashed...despite being the OC of a SB winner. And now it's Bruce Arians' turn. Face it - it's the way Steelers fans have always been. They are never happy, are ALWAYS nitpicky and would find something to bitch about if the team went 19-0, won the SB and won every game by 40.

tony hipchest
08-20-2009, 12:33 AM
speaking of exaggerating a bit MUCH...

it's the way Steelers fans have always been. They are never happy, are ALWAYS nitpicky and would find something to bitch about if the team went 19-0, won the SB and won every game by 40. arent you kinda coming off as the chief of "fan police"?

isnt constantly bitching about the fans of pittsburgh akin to what you constantly accuse them of bitching about the OC (or whatever)?

i mean ive seen you bitch about the pirates, yet ignoring the fact that TO SOME losing 4 afcc games at home may be as bad as sucking green slimy donkey dong since '92.

its a mater of whether one believes its "better to love and LOST to have never loved at all".

to single out steelerfans is a bit unfair. your above post can be used as a microcosm of america as a whole if you just replace sports teams with politics.

spyboots
08-20-2009, 12:37 AM
I like RedZone Redman

fansince'76
08-20-2009, 03:55 AM
arent you kinda coming off as the chief of "fan police"?

I guess you can lump me in with him, because I thought he was absolutely spot-on with his post.

isnt constantly bitching about the fans of pittsburgh akin to what you constantly accuse them of bitching about the OC (or whatever)?

Not when the "bitching" about a bunch of "fans" that have a tendency to act like spoiled brats is completely warranted. When Browns fans come here on a fairly routine basis and point out the gall of Steelers fans to complain about this, that and the other when compared to the sucktitude they've had to endure from their team, that should tell you something.

i mean ive seen you bitch about the pirates, yet ignoring the fact that TO SOME losing 4 afcc games at home may be as bad as sucking green slimy donkey dong since '92.

So, complaining about the consistently worst team in baseball for almost the last two decades is the same as complaining about a team that has more postseason appearances than any other since '92? Sorry, beg to differ.

to single out steelerfans is a bit unfair.

Not really, not when posts appear here less than a week after winning a frigging SUPER BOWL complaining about Santonio Holmes "showboating" (after making unquestionably the biggest catch in his life and one of the most important catches in franchise history) and how it might signal "a breakdown in discipline with the entire team as a whole." If that isn't a case of finding something, ANYTHING, to bitch about as X-T pointed out, I don't know what is.

your above post can be used as a microcosm of america as a whole if you just replace sports teams with politics.

Another microcosm of America: People who will, again, find something, ANYTHING, to bitch about, no matter how petty, inconsequential, or just downright silly it is in the grand scheme of things.

X-Terminator
08-20-2009, 06:32 AM
speaking of exaggerating a bit MUCH...

arent you kinda coming off as the chief of "fan police"?

its a mater of whether one believes its "better to love and LOST to have never loved at all".

to single out steelerfans is a bit unfair. your above post can be used as a microcosm of america as a whole if you just replace sports teams with politics.

Nah, I bash Pens fans all the time too, and honestly they deserve it more than Steelers fans do. At least Steelers fans acknowledge they have a football team; the majority of Pens "fans" today didn't realize there was a hockey team until February 2007. So I don't just single out Steelers fans. It's not my fault Pittsburgh fans are what they are - the perception most certainly can be changed. Our fan base is great, probably the best in the country...but I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade where it's concerned.