PDA

View Full Version : Raiders ready to fight (each other)

OneForTheToe
08-17-2009, 05:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4405681

Oakland Raiders head coach Tom Cable punched one of his assistants on Aug. 5 at the team's training camp headquarters in Napa, Calif., several media outlets reported on Monday......

Same old Raiders:chuckle:

Psyychoward86
08-17-2009, 06:11 PM
That's at least one check for the W column :chuckle:

hindes204
08-17-2009, 06:13 PM
thats hilarious

RoethlisBURGHer
08-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Ha, they but the dysfunction in dysfunctional!

Fire Haley
08-17-2009, 06:22 PM
The commish oughta fine and suspend Cable for violating the Hines Ward rule.

7SteelGal43
08-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Wow, wonder what the Crypt keeper...I mean Al Davis thinks of all this ?

klick81
08-17-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm sure he loves it. That's great leadership right there.

OneForTheToe
08-17-2009, 09:05 PM

I'm thinking he just sent one of his assistants to the telegraph office to send a telegram to John Madden and Ken Stabler in order to find out what happened at practice today.:screwy::bonk::smashy::yikes:

7SteelGal43
08-17-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm thinking he just sent one of his assistants to the telegraph office to send a telegram to John Madden and Ken Stabler in order to find out what happened at practice today.:screwy::bonk::smashy::yikes:

:rofl: not to mention "how's Ray Guy's leg?"

I know you guys know Brett Favre went to Southern Miss (my alma mata) but Ray Guy also did. The same Ray Guy that the annual collegiate punting award is named after.

GO EAGLES !!!

MasterOfPuppets
08-17-2009, 09:28 PM
AL probably told him to do it hoping the coach would quit so he don't have to pay him...:noidea:

[http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/3613/davisscaryjpg.jpg (http://img195.imageshack.us/i/davisscaryjpg.jpg/)

revefsreleets
08-18-2009, 08:24 AM
It'd be interesting to see who would win in a "locker room poison brawl" between him and CJ.

Dino 6 Rings
08-18-2009, 11:47 AM
DANG IT!

I had the Raiders as my sleeper team this year...stupid Oakland...

OneForTheToe
08-18-2009, 04:07 PM
DANG IT!

I had the Raiders as my sleeper team this year...stupid Oakland...

By Sleeper you mean the teams most likely to have one of its assistant coaches put into a sleeper hold by the head coach?:wink02:

MasterOfPuppets
08-19-2009, 01:58 AM
NFL Notebook: Raiders coach sidesteps issue
Cable won't discuss fight with assistant
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
From wire dispatches

Tom Cable went on the defensive yesterday, and the NFL said it would investigate reports that the Oakland Raiders' coach got into a fight that sent one of his assistants to the hospital.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league is looking into the situation to try to determine the facts of what happened.

A day after calling it "an internal issue that we are dealing with," Cable denied anything transpired at all with defensive assistant Randy Hanson earlier this month. Cable allegedly punched Hanson in the jaw.

"Nothing happened," Cable told a large swarm of reporters yesterday when asked about it following a joint practice with the San Francisco 49ers. "Listen, you want to talk about this football team and the players on this football team, I'll talk all day. Otherwise, I'm not getting into it."

A report filed with the Napa Police Department describes an unnamed 41-year-old Raiders assistant coach being treated at the Queen of the Valley Hospital for a jaw injury, which the victim alleges was caused by an unidentified member of the Raiders coaching staff on Aug. 5.

AOL Fanhouse reported that Cable was the coach who caused the injury.

Cable also declined to comment on the NFL investigation.

"I respect that," Cable said when told it was only fair to give him chance to respond. "You have to respect I want to talk about my team."

And his team really did not want to talk about him, either. Cable has not told the players anything.

"That's for you guys to talk about. I have no idea what happened, if anything happened. I could really care less," left guard Robert Gallery said. "I worry about winning games."
if nothing happend, then what is he looking into ? :noidea:

Galax Steeler
08-19-2009, 03:55 AM
Just another typical raider camp with a dilusional owner.

revefsreleets
08-19-2009, 08:13 AM
Cable = Officer Barbrady:
(Standing in front of a the Hindenburg crash)

"Nothing to see here, move along"