PDA

View Full Version : Divine Intervention

Stlrs4Life
01-16-2006, 10:11 AM
For all you non Catholics out there. Do you believe now? After that dumb retarded call by the refs on the challenge of the Int by Polamalu, Vanderjagt misses a FG? Tell me that isn't devine intervention?

JustaFan
01-16-2006, 11:03 AM
The Steelers may have needed a little help there at the end, they were certainly out numbered on the field having to compete against the colts & the refs all game long.

steveironcity
01-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Its like Jim Krenn said on DVE this morning. The Chief stuck his head into the dome, and blew the kick wide!!!!!!

JustaFan
01-16-2006, 11:19 AM
It did kind of drift like the wind caught the ball. :dancing:

Suitanim
01-16-2006, 11:21 AM
God always was a Steelers fan. Even Vanderjagt agree's:

"I have no idea why it went where it went," Vanderjagt said. "As far as I was concerned, I hit it right."
and...
"It's extreme disbelief," Vanderjagt said. "From the Polamalu interception reversal to Jerome's fumble, everything seemed to be lined up in our favor. I guess the Lord forgot about the football team."

HangoverMS
01-16-2006, 11:38 AM
I think it will probably take a little more than a missed field goal to convert me. Vanderjagt choked, plain and simple. It's happened before. It will happen again (if anyone will give him a chance! :sofunny: )

It was funny how he (indirectly) blamed God for that! What a tool!

Hammer67
01-16-2006, 11:42 AM
All right...stop me if you've heard this one....

Bernie Kosar died and went to heaven. God said, "Bernie, I am a great football fan so I am giving you a great honor. You will have your own house here in heaven." God showed him a modest house with a small Browns flag in the window. Bernie was pleased until he looked up the hill and saw a massive black and gold mansion, with terrible towels in every window and a huge Steeler flag outside.

Bernie said, "God, I don't like to complain, but how come I have such a small house and Terry Bradshaw has such a big mansion?" God replied, "That is not Bradshaw's house! That's where I live.":sofunny:

Hammer67
01-16-2006, 11:43 AM
Which lead me to a related question...

Why do some athletes give props to the "Good Lord" for wins or success but not blame God when they loose??? :uhh:

HangoverMS
01-16-2006, 11:47 AM
Which lead me to a related question...

Why do some athletes give props to the "Good Lord" for wins or success but not blame God when they loose??? :uhh:

That's funny. George Carlin asked that same question.

"And what can we do to silence these Christian athletes, who thank Jesus whenever they win, never mention his name when they lose. Not a word. You never hear them say, "Jesus made me drop the ball. The good lord tripped me up behind the line of scrimmage." According to these guys Jesus is undefeated, meanwhile these @$$holes are in last place."