PDA

View Full Version : Favre is a Viking!!

nojobny
08-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Just heard on Colin Cowherd, ESPN

nojobny
08-18-2009, 11:13 AM
Colin got an email from someone who's friends with the pilot taking Favre up to Minn. He didn't believe it but he just got two confirmations from reliable sources.

http://wcco.com/vikings/brett.favre.minnesota.2.1133319.html

Source: Favre Expected To Sign With Vikings Today
Reporting
Mark Rosen MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) ―

A high-level source with the Minnesota Vikings tells WCCO-TV's Mark Rosen that quarterback Brett Favre is expected to sign with the team Tuesday.

Favre is on currently on his way to Minneapolis and is expected to sign with the team this afternoon, the source said.

WCCO-TV spoke with an official at the Hattiesburg, Miss., airport, who saw an airplane with the Vikings logo leave the airport Tuesday morning. The flight number for that plane has been blocked from tracking systems.

In late July, speculation that Favre would be joining the Vikings roster abruptly ended when head coach Brad Childress said the quarterback would remain in retirement.

On July 28, Childress said that he received a phone call from Favre and said that the quarterback would remain retired.

Now it appears that declaration was perhaps a bit premature.

Fire Haley
08-18-2009, 11:14 AM
I won't believe it till I hear it on twitter.

SteelMember
08-18-2009, 11:16 AM
That's impossible. Didn't you hear, he said he was retired. :rolleyes:

XxKnightxX
08-18-2009, 11:17 AM

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

nojobny
08-18-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm psyched. I just hope he makes it to October 25th!

6 years ago when I got a list of all the upcoming opponents until 2009 I said (jokingly) wouldn't it be great if Favre was still playing with GB b/c I'd love to see him play live.

Never did I think I'd have a chance.

43Hitman
08-18-2009, 11:23 AM

Well played sir, well played. :laughing::applaudit:

7SteelGal43
08-18-2009, 11:25 AM
As a Southern Miss alum, I've always liked Brett Favre. Helluva QB, seems like a nice guy. But honestly, I'm a bit put off by his "I'm retired". "I'm coming back". "I might retire"....and finally "I'll let ya know halfway through the preseaon". ENOUGH ALREADY. :mad:

7SteelGal43
08-18-2009, 11:26 AM
That's impossible. Didn't you hear, he said he was retired. :rolleyes:

He also voted FOR the war before he voted AGAINST it. :chuckle:

MACH1
08-18-2009, 11:26 AM

Or Snopes. :chuckle:

Hammer Of The GODS
08-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Unless he takes this team to the Superbowl he will have turned his name into a punch line to a WORN OUT JOKE!

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-18-2009, 11:36 AM

No its true...I just ran the numbers and according to very reliable fantasy football stats, Favre should be a Viking and Mwelde Moore is now Governor of Minnesota.:scholar:

Fire Haley
08-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Vikings | Favre to sign

Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:08:08 -0700

Chris Mortensen, of ESPN, reports retired QB Brett Favre will sign a contract in the area of $10-12 million with the Minnesota Vikings, pending a physical.

Squirm Packers fans ....squirm

http://media2.620wtmj.com/wmn/favre.jpg

The Patriot
08-18-2009, 11:48 AM
Wow, what a douche.

fansince'76
08-18-2009, 12:00 PM
:yawn:

nojobny
08-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Sucks if you've already did your fantasy picks.

KeiselPower99
08-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Vikings | Favre to sign

Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:08:08 -0700

Chris Mortensen, of ESPN, reports retired QB Brett Favre will sign a contract in the area of $10-12 million with the Minnesota Vikings, pending a physical.

Squirm Packers fans ....squirm

http://media2.620wtmj.com/wmn/favre.jpg

That is tough to look at. Wow.Guess when we play them this year we get to see a legend in the downturn of his HOF career.

KeiselPower99
08-18-2009, 12:13 PM
By the way does this mean John Madden is coming out of retirement as well?

nojobny
08-18-2009, 12:21 PM

Now THAT would make Frank Caliendo really happy.

Fire Haley
08-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Packers fans are not amused

http://www.drivewaysitups.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/prostitute.jpg

STEELtownHAVOX
08-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Wow, what a douche.

couldn't have said it better......

Dino 6 Rings
08-18-2009, 12:30 PM
Once Jackson got hurt, this was inevitable.

I don't care either way, I don't mind seeing a legendary QB play longer, Montana, Marino, Elway, all could have played that one more year and I wouldn't have minded at all.

Not my problem, he's not a Steeler, only thing I care about is seeing Troy pick up another Favre Fumble and Take it to the House.

nojobny
08-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Not my problem, he's not a Steeler, only thing I care about is seeing Troy pick up another Favre Fumble and Take it to the House.

I'll drink to that! :drink:

PisnNapalm
08-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Favre just isn't content with his interception record. Someone should tell him it's more like golf. The lower the better.

OneForTheToe
08-18-2009, 12:39 PM
From well placed Twitter sources I have found the following. Favre decided to return to the NFL and boarded a plane bound for Minnesota. As he flew over Arkansas he decided to remain retired and called the Vikings to inform them as such, but said that he would come to camp to meet with Vikings' officials anyways. When the plane passed into Missouri he called the Vikings back and stated indeed he changed his mind again and would come out of retirement. That decision lasted until his plane made it into Iowa, where he again retired only to un-retire again as his plane landed in Minnesota. At the present time he is getting in the limo at the airport in Minnesota - stay tuned for further updates.

SteelTalons
08-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Great... Just great. My grandpa is a Vikings fan, but is favorite QB is Brett Farve of all time. He's like Brett's still got it! If Farve signs with the Vikes we'll go to the Superbowl... This is gonna make him one annoying son of a bitch! :laughing:

October 25th is gonna be fun. My grandpa already hates the Steelers for beating them in Superbowl IX. My not make it better and have us beat the crap out of his dream team. :thumbsup: :tt02:

alittlejazzbird
08-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Once Jackson got hurt, this was inevitable..

I think it was inevitable starting at the end of last season. This was clearly his plan all along...he didn't want to have to go to training camp, or do any real work, or be any kind of teammate. He just wants to play quarterback and try to stick it to the Packers. Based on what I saw last year watching him embarrass himself in New York, I'd say he's overestimated his ability to be a serious contender on a so-so team, regardless of his motivation for doing it.

Guess we'll see what happens, but I don't think it's going to end well for him. Again. And he's really diminishing his past accomplishments, in my opinion, with all this annual drama.

steelreserve
08-18-2009, 12:50 PM
He must need that $10-$12 million pretty bad to keep pulling this same stunt. Must've been hitting the craps table pretty hard these last couple of months. Maybe that's what's up with the whole retiring-then-unretiring thing.

KeiselPower99
08-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Honeslty this will be his last go round. He is gonna get to show the Packers up now. He wanted the chance last year and didnt get it this is his chance.

tucker6
08-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Honeslty this will be his last go round. He is gonna get to show the Packers up now. He wanted the chance last year and didnt get it this is his chance.
Farve isn't going to be showing anybody up. He's a has-been.

Dino 6 Rings
08-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Favre is Good Enough to make the Vikings 80 Times better than they currently are.

Sage or Jackson vs Favre, sorry but Favre with Peterson and that kid out of Florida makes it a very dynamic offense. The other teams can't put 8 men in the box with Favre under center, you just can't. That opens up the running game for Taylor and Peterson to just dominate and once in a while Favre will need to make a throw in a big spot. And like it or not, with a good running game, good defense and good speed on the offense and touch Oline, Favre is freaking dangerous.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-18-2009, 01:28 PM

Dont even kid about that!!!!

:buttkick:

The_WARDen
08-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Here's rooting for the Packers to put him permanently in retirement in Lambeau!

:drink:

Though, at this point I think it'd be easier to kill a vampire.

Venom
08-18-2009, 01:34 PM
I cant wait to go to the Vikings vs Steelers game in October to see Favre throw 3 interceptions.

tucker6
08-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Favre is Good Enough to make the Vikings 80 Times better than they currently are.

Sage or Jackson vs Favre, sorry but Favre with Peterson and that kid out of Florida makes it a very dynamic offense. The other teams can't put 8 men in the box with Favre under center, you just can't. That opens up the running game for Taylor and Peterson to just dominate and once in a while Favre will need to make a throw in a big spot. And like it or not, with a good running game, good defense and good speed on the offense and touch Oline, Favre is freaking dangerous.
You've gotta be kidding me. Favre in 2002 was dangerous. Favre in 2009 not so much. Did no one watch him last year. He wasn't that great before his shoulder injury. He's another year older, and his body will break down even faster. I will be amazed if Favre throws more TD's than INT's this year. He's really no that good anymore. I really don't understand what you guys are looking at. Seriously.

Edman
08-18-2009, 01:42 PM
The most overrated player in the league makes his glorious return.

Dino, you must have Brett Favre confused with somebody else, Brett has been nothing like that for the past few seasons. He singlehandedly derailed good Packer teams that have been far superior groups to the 2008-09 Vikes.

He wasn't even that great last year even before the shoulder injury.

The Brett Favre hype is driving me nuts. Yes, he likes playing the game, but that doesn't mean he's still any more than an average QB.

TackleMeBen
08-18-2009, 02:25 PM
well now we can go back to having favre coverage 24/7 instead of mike vick coverage..lol

SteelMember
08-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Great... Just great. My grandpa is a Vikings fan, but is favorite QB is Brett Farve of all time. He's like Brett's still got it! If Farve signs with the Vikes we'll go to the Superbowl... This is gonna make him one annoying son of a bitch! :laughing:

October 25th is gonna be fun. My grandpa already hates the Steelers for beating them in Superbowl IX. My not make it better and have us beat the crap out of his dream team. :thumbsup: :tt02:

Hey! Come on.

Isn't there like 3 or 4 other teams that did the same thing.

*cough* buffalo *choke* bills of the 70's

:laughing:

BehindSteelCurtain
08-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Steelers should sign him instead.

Psyychoward86
08-18-2009, 02:46 PM
He's gonna fail in a blaze of glory.

nojobny
08-18-2009, 03:21 PM
well now we can go back to having favre coverage 24/7 instead of mike vick coverage..lol

No kidding. I actually didn't watch ESPN for a day b/c I was so sick of all the Vick coverage. My husband thought something was wrong with the TV b/c it wasn't on ESPN when he got home. :thud:

scsteeler
08-18-2009, 03:26 PM
I wanted to know does this signing make the Vikings a SB team or are the no better off with Favre as the QB and all he does is add to the exposure and they do the same thing the Jets did, make the playoffs and lose the first game.

Steel Head
08-18-2009, 03:31 PM
it's a great signing for the Vikings. They have a really good defense and running game but were stuck with crappy QB's. Great fit for both parties

Fire Haley
08-18-2009, 03:35 PM
It's official

Vikings Sign Brett Favre

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/vikings-sign-brett-favre/b52a742d-ebfd-4eff-807b-ba1d8acef18c

revefsreleets
08-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Hmmmm...I don't really get it. Is he REALLY going to keep doing this just to spite the Pack? Why tarnish your legacy like that?

Granted, the Vikes DO have a pretty complete package, and he walks into a good situation, but I'm not sure playing "hired gun" with diminished skills will be enough to get them over the hump.

This is starting to look a lot like Sugar Ray Leonard's pathetic retirements/comebacks...

beSteelmyheart
08-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Oh for crying out loud, here we go again.:coffee:

RoethlisBURGHer
08-18-2009, 04:06 PM
I have now lost all respect for Brett Favre.

I bet he thinks he can retire after this season and become beloved in Green Bay again. I guarantee you that Green Bay fans are going to be throwing Favre jerseys and other Favre memorabilia into bonfires.

stlrtruck
08-18-2009, 04:12 PM
And for putting Favre in the spotlight ahead of Brady, the patriots* once again receive 2 first round picks, a 2nd rounder, and an option to steal a 3rd

steelreserve
08-18-2009, 04:13 PM
I'll be glad when he's out for good.

That ought to be about Week 3 with a torn rotator cuff. If the medical reports are right, his shoulder is halfway there already and could go out at any time. The Vikings have got to be desperate to throw $10 million at a guy with that kind of problem. I'd give him about one shot in 100 of making it all the way through the season.

nojobny
08-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Damn. They didn't waste any time. The Jets were just as bad. When they had the press conference, the hat he wore sold out on the site in seconds.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/nojobny/Steeelers/Picture3-1.png

fansince'76
08-18-2009, 05:45 PM
I actually didn't watch ESPN for a day b/c I was so sick of all the Vick coverage.

I haven't watched it for more than 3 years now with the exception of a Steelers game being broadcast on it. Very liberating.

stillers4me
08-18-2009, 05:49 PM
That ought to be about Week 3 with a torn rotator cuff. If the medical reports are right, his shoulder is halfway there already and could go out at any time. The Vikings have got to be desperate to throw $10 million at a guy with that kind of problem. I'd give him about one shot in 100 of making it all the way through the season.

ding ding ding! We have a winner!

nojobny
08-18-2009, 06:13 PM
ding ding ding! We have a winner!

I just want him to last until 25 Oct so we can have a field day picking him off. Maybe he'll set a new INT record. :tt02:

JackHammer
08-18-2009, 06:16 PM
As a Southern Miss alum, I've always liked Brett Favre. Helluva QB, seems like a nice guy. But honestly, I'm a bit put off by his "I'm retired". "I'm coming back". "I might retire"....and finally "I'll let ya know halfway through the preseaon". ENOUGH ALREADY. :mad:

There's no point following his every word. It was obvious from the beginning that he was just trying to get out of going to a full training camp.

AllD
08-18-2009, 06:28 PM
A Hail Mary stunt by Childress. It reeks of desparation. If they did not make the playoffs he would be gone next year anyway. Some LB is going to decleet Favre and plant him in the turf like Fred Flintstone. At this point in his career he is more overated than Britney Spears. It will be like watching a car crash.

Now you see the real Favre, bad attitude and all. I remember when they drafted Rogers and the media interviewed Favre to ask him if he would mentor the new draft pick. Favre replied he was not interested in teaching anybody anything.

SteelTalons
08-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Does this mean the Packers get three 1st round draft picks? Since they didn't want Favre to keep playing(and he isn't gonna go out gracefully as we have all seen, he's gonna play till his arm falls off) for them, so they forced the guy into retirement. And when he decides to comeback the Packers wouldn't have them.

I think he was tryna get traded to the Vikings then but they refused to do it. And instead shipped him off to the Jets with the agreement that Green Bay would get three first round picks if they ever traded Favre to the Vikings.

And now... Favre's a Viking. Did they just use a loophole here or something? Im just basing this off of the interview back from February with BSPN that they replayed today. Where you could really tell he was pissed with Green Bay, and admitted the whole season he was just tryna out perform Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. But it wasn't enough for him.

Dude came across as wanting to get back at them in a BIG way... And I think we have ether seen the start of Favre's revenge on Green Bay. Or about to see him crash and burn on a massive scale.

I dont blame Green Bay though, Favre has gotten to old to keep handing money to like this when he is falling apart with every passing week. And Rodgers is to good to just sit on him while Favre runs them into the ground potentially.(Granted their defense did that anyway for them last year)

JackHammer
08-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Does this mean the Packers get three 1st round draft picks? Since they didn't want Favre to keep playing(and he isn't gonna go out gracefully as we have all seen, he's gonna play till his arm falls off) for them, so they forced the guy into retirement. And when he decides to comeback the Packers wouldn't have them.

I think he was tryna get traded to the Vikings then but they refused to do it. And instead shipped him off to the Jets with the agreement that Green Bay would get three first round picks if they ever traded Favre to the Vikings.

And now... Favre's a Viking. Did they just use a loophole here or something? Im just basing this off of the interview back from February with BSPN that they replayed today. Where you could really tell he was pissed with Green Bay, and admitted the whole season he was just tryna out perform Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. But it wasn't enough for him.

Dude came across as wanting to get back at them in a BIG way... And I think we have ether seen the start of Favre's revenge on Green Bay. Or about to see him crash and burn on a massive scale.

I dont blame Green Bay though, Favre has gotten to old to keep handing money to like this when he is falling apart with every passing week. And Rodgers is to good to just sit on him while Favre runs them into the ground potentially.(Granted their defense did that anyway for them last year)

The Jets released him. No contract in the NFL is guaranteed. He wasn't traded from the Jets to the Vikings, therefore the Jets don't owe the Pack $**t. It's not a loophole at all. A loophole would be if the Jets traded him and somehow avoided giving picks to the Pack. That was just a way to keep Favre from being traded and it made perfect sense. They probably figured he'd never get released or play beyond the two years left on his contract, so the only possibility of him going to the NFC North was via trade.

JPPT1974
08-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Guy is really wearing out his welcome in the NFL!:banging:

SteelTalons
08-18-2009, 08:06 PM
The Jets released him. No contract in the NFL is guaranteed. He wasn't traded from the Jets to the Vikings, therefore the Jets don't owe the Pack $**t. It's not a loophole at all. A loophole would be if the Jets traded him and somehow avoided giving picks to the Pack. That was just a way to keep Favre from being traded and it made perfect sense. They probably figured he'd never get released or play beyond the two years left on his contract, so the only possibility of him going to the NFC North was via trade.

Well thats what I meant by loophole in this case(poor wording on my part I suppose), he was trying to find a way to get with the Vikings with out giving the Packers a thing in return.

This might explain all of the times he's "retired" actually. Since he had to do that to get released... And therefore be able to sign with the Vikings with no strings attached. Still I dont see him being able to play much longer, since he's already going down hill as it is.

I expect he'll be "retired" again at the end of the season. The Vikings might wanna put a whistle around his neck and have him work with the QB's though once this is over.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-18-2009, 08:33 PM
He's damaged goods will never make it through the season. :coffee:

He's gotten as annoying as Obama's hourly news conferences on TV.

Fire Haley
08-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Who would you rather have at QB, Brett or Sage/Taveras?

Just hand off to A.D. - he don't have to win games like in NY.

Edman
08-19-2009, 01:01 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/print/columns/story/10896815

This is old, but it sums it up best.

Fire Haley
08-19-2009, 05:47 AM
He's damaged goods will never make it through the season. :coffee:

I don't care - as long as he makes it through their first game against the Browns.

His arm will be fresh and AD will run for 200 yds and Brett throws for 400 and 6 TD's.

All eyes in the nation will be on him demolishing the Browns - Favre vs. Mangeni - I can already see the headlines.

SteelCityKing
08-19-2009, 07:01 AM
the NFC North just got a little tougher this year. Cutler with the Bears, Favre with the Vikings, Rodgers with the Packers, and baby face Matthew Stafford with the Lions. that's a top tier QB round up. i have nothing but faith in the Steelers pulling off wins, but it's going to be a bit tougher than the AFC West.

HometownGal
08-19-2009, 07:49 AM
:crying01: :crying01: :jerkit:

http://outsports.com/jocktalkblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/favrebaby2f.jpg

The_WARDen
08-19-2009, 07:56 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing him lying in a crumpled heap on the G in the middle of Lambeau. GO PACKERS! Kill Maim Destroy!

revefsreleets
08-19-2009, 09:14 AM
The Browns ARE happy...they were getting worried about selling out their home opener, but not now...it's against the Minnesota Vikings!

Unfortunately for them, they will probably now lose 42-0 instead of 21-0.

Nadroj 20
08-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Hes an upgrade from what they had to choose from thats for sure i hope he throws for 350 yards and 4 touches against the Browns week 1 lol

cubanstogie
08-19-2009, 10:47 AM
Can we go back to talking about Vick. I loved watching Favre up until about 4 years ago. Now its embarrassing how far he has fallen.

TackleMeBen
08-19-2009, 10:57 AM
i guess someone in the media asked coach tomlin what he thought about favre going to the vikings, and in typically coach tomlin way.. he replied "NONE". you have to love coach tomlin..lol :chuckle:

vasteeler
08-19-2009, 11:37 AM
the way I see it is if any of us were in that position we might do the same thing its hard to let go of something you love

as for me i am glad that I get to watch #4 for at least 1 more year

LambertIsGod58
08-19-2009, 11:40 AM
The most overrated player in the league makes his glorious return.

Dino, you must have Brett Favre confused with somebody else, Brett has been nothing like that for the past few seasons. He singlehandedly derailed good Packer teams that have been far superior groups to the 2008-09 Vikes.

He wasn't even that great last year even before the shoulder injury.

The Brett Favre hype is driving me nuts. Yes, he likes playing the game, but that doesn't mean he's still any more than an average QB.

An average QB? Must be the NFL coaching staffs see it differently. :coffee:

LambertIsGod58
08-19-2009, 11:45 AM

I bet he thinks he can retire after this season and become beloved in Green Bay again. I guarantee you that Green Bay fans are going to be throwing Favre jerseys and other Favre memorabilia into bonfires.

You are entitled to your opinion and all. But I think he made is abundantly clear yesterday that he doesn't care what the GB fans think. He stated it's his legacy and what he thinks of it that matters. I truly don't understand why people are so enraged about Favre wavering. WHO CARES? It's his career. Whether it turns out to be a mistake or not. Isn't it? If he's so washed up, then why would ANY NFL team entertain the idea of bringing him onboard with all the BS? A Super Bowl contender I may add. You can dislike Favre and his decision making all you want, but he's doing what he wants to do regardless of who likes it. And I respect that.

Godfather
08-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Maybe we can coax him out of retirement when Ben retires :sofunny:

Godfather
08-19-2009, 11:50 AM
You are entitled to your opinion and all. But I think he made is abundantly clear yesterday that he doesn't care what the GB fans think. He stated it's his legacy and what he thinks of it that matters. I truly don't understand why people are so enraged about Favre wavering. WHO CARES? It's his career. Whether it turns out to be a mistake or not. Isn't it? If he's so washed up, then why would ANY NFL team entertain the idea of bringing him onboard with all the BS? A Super Bowl contender I may add. You can dislike Favre and his decision making all you want, but he's doing what he wants to do regardless of who likes it. And I respect that.

All jokes aside, I agree.

If he were a running back or linebacker or receiver he could do the same thing and nobody would care.

I'm not sure this will kill his legacy as much as people are thinking right now. Emmitt Smith, Willie Mays, Jerry Rice, Franco Harris, etc. all hung on too long and ended their careers with the wrong team.

The_WARDen
08-19-2009, 12:04 PM
To know how Packer fans feel, imagine Bradshaw in a Browns uniform.

:dualies:

Ishkabibble
08-19-2009, 12:09 PM
This guy's just a bad stain it this point; he simply won't go away. Play, don't play....I really don't care. Just stop with the prima donna, self-centered, diva stuff.
I love how he focused on his injury during his presser yesterday. To me, it came across like "...and don't forget I've got this partially torn rotator cuff. So if I stink it up on Sundays, remember; it isn't because I've lost it or that I've been a heave-it-up-and-pray marginal QB for years now, it's because of this here injury."
I hope Rosenfels beats him out. If all things were equal...and they aren't...I think it could happen.

4xSBChamps
08-19-2009, 12:41 PM

when he pulled similar stunts (will-he or won't he retire) on the Pack his last few seasons there, I changed my opinion of him:
now, he is a bad caricature of himself, and in future years, football fans & historians will think "W-d-F was he thinking?"

LambertIsGod58
08-19-2009, 12:58 PM
All jokes aside, I agree.

If he were a running back or linebacker or receiver he could do the same thing and nobody would care.

I'm not sure this will kill his legacy as much as people are thinking right now. Emmitt Smith, Willie Mays, Jerry Rice, Franco Harris, etc. all hung on too long and ended their careers with the wrong team.

How about Michael Jordan? I don't remember hearing many disgruntled fans then.

steelreserve
08-19-2009, 12:59 PM
An average QB? Must be the NFL coaching staffs see it differently. :coffee:

For the past few years, he has been. Anyone can see his skills are on the decline, it's just a question of how much. And all that improvisational bullshit he used to do isn't working so well anymore.

LambertIsGod58
08-19-2009, 01:06 PM
For the past few years, he has been. Anyone can see his skills are on the decline, it's just a question of how much. And all that improvisational bullshit he used to do isn't working so well anymore.

I recall it differently.....2007 he took GB to the NFC Championship game. And last year he barely missed the playoffs after having a torn bicep for half the year.

Edman
08-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Yes, Lambert, it is Brett's decision. It's his legacy and his choice. But sorry if I don't take kindly to prima donna divas. I don't have to bow down and worship him. I don't mind Brett playing a few extra years. That is not the issue with me. That's his business.

It's the way he's gone about it that annoys me. Playing continuious retirement games with the Packers taking advantage of his public figure when the Packers have done nothing but pamper him in the years he's been there. When the Packers finally had enough of his games, ol' Brett pouted. It was at this point where I really turned on him.

To me, he's no better than Ocho Cinco and Me-O in terms of douchebaggery.

Edman
08-19-2009, 01:14 PM
I recall it differently.....2007 he took GB to the NFC Championship game.

Where he derailed yet another Packer season with his critical interceptions at crunch time.

And last year he barely missed the playoffs after having a torn bicep for half the year.

He still MISSED it, though. All he had to do was beat lowly Seattle and win at home against the Dolphins. He failed on both accounts.

Ishkabibble
08-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Exactly, Edman...anyone recall how that '07 NFC Championship Game ended? With Favre heaving an completely unecessary prayer in OT that cost them the game. The Packers were probably the best team in that conference that season. Too many people conveniently forget all the ill-advised, game-altering throws he's made over the years (the kind Roethlisberger, Brady and Manning don't make). He's one of the all-time greats but there's ZERO chance this irritating, self-serving diva nonsense hasn't hurt his public perception over the past few season.

Fire Haley
08-19-2009, 02:20 PM
I truly don't understand why people are so enraged about Favre wavering. WHO CARES? It's his career. .

Exactly.

I don't give a crap about Favre one way or another . He's just another guy on another team to me.

If he wants to play, let him play. Why should I care?

cubanstogie
08-19-2009, 02:35 PM
The Vikings would have faired better had they signed Vick IMO, at this stage in his career Favre is below average.

SteelMember
08-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Exactly.

I don't give a crap about Favre one way or another . He's just another guy on another team to me.

If he wants to play, let him play. Why should I care?

Just another guy???

Because it's Brett ficking Favre and Brett Favre IS football...and John Madden said so. :rolleyes:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/images/10/16/favre-tale.jpg

BOOM!

TackleMeBen
08-19-2009, 02:42 PM
did anyone hear what nick barnett said. he said that he would love to hit brett and that the vikes could put that on their bullentin board.

7SteelGal43
08-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Maybe we can coax him out of retirement when Ben retires :sofunny:

Not a chance. Favre will be under contract with the Lions.

TackleMeBen
08-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Not a chance. Favre will be under contract with the Lions.

i dont think the lions will want him now. they have stafford and if he gets hurt they always have culpepper..lol

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
08-20-2009, 03:31 PM
I just got finished booking my flight and buying a ticket for this game. See ya'll on October 25th.

MACH1
08-22-2009, 12:41 AM
http://ballsiest.com/sportsblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/brett-favre-superman.gif

sherlock
09-01-2009, 03:18 AM
I have to say that I`m glad Favre is still playing.For NFL newbies like myself it`s great to see a legend of the game in action.Just watched the highlights of the Vikings-Texans pre-season and he still looked pretty agile and `up for it`.
If nothing else it gives hope to us `old`uns`.....I mean,he`s nearly as old as me dagnabbit!

cubanstogie
09-01-2009, 08:53 AM
I have to say that I`m glad Favre is still playing.For NFL newbies like myself it`s great to see a legend of the game in action.Just watched the highlights of the Vikings-Texans pre-season and he still looked pretty agile and `up for it`.
If nothing else it gives hope to us `old`uns`.....I mean,he`s nearly as old as me dagnabbit!

I am glad someone is getting joy out of it. Its funny how different people have different perspectives of the guy. I am personally sick and tired of the hype, crying, press conferences and the other BS. I used to look at Favre as the most exciting QB of his era. Everytime he scrambled against a team I was rooting for, or betting for ,I became nervous. Now I look at him as a selfish has been getting ready to throw a pic and lose the game, letting down his teammates. Bretts dragging his own name through the mudd by playing the last 2 years IMO.