PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Moore not certain when he will return

mesaSteeler
08-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Steelers' Moore not certain when he will return
Associated Press
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-08-18/steelers-moore-not-certain-when-he-will-return

Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2009 - 1:55 p.m. ET

LATROBE, Pa. (AP) Pittsburgh Steelers running back Mewelde Moore remains out with the hamstring injury that has kept him from practicing since Aug. 4, although coach Mike Tomlin said he is getting closer to returning.

Moore, whose primary role last season was as a third-down back, is certain he will be ready for the Sept. 10 opener against Tennessee.

"Fortunately, or unfortunately, I've been in a situation like this before where I had something and I wasn't able to get as many (practice carries) throughout the preseason and I still managed to play the season," Moore said Tuesday. "I've always taken pride in that (playing a full season)."

Moore ran for 588 yards, a 4.2 yards per carry average and five touchdowns last season. He averaged 90 yards in four starts while filling in for the injured Willie Parker, and had a season-high 120 yards and scored three times against Cincinnati on Oct. 19.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press.

tony hipchest
08-18-2009, 08:43 PM
trade him to washington for clinton portis.

it may be a bit of a downgrade, but we're pretty loaded at the position anyways.

steelreserve
08-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Hamstring injuries on running backs worry me. It might last a week, or if your name is Duce Staley, it might last for a career.

tony hipchest
08-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Hamstring injuries on running backs worry me. It might last a week, or if your name is Duce Staley, it might last for a career.

duce staleys "injury" was named willie parker. :noidea:

OneForTheToe
08-19-2009, 12:13 AM
duce staleys "injury" was named willie parker. :noidea:

I think Duce Staley's injury was too many doughnuts. So, I guess it was named Duncin? Krispy?

DaPhonz
08-19-2009, 01:57 AM
I personally like Moore a lot. He filled in well and seemed to fit in nicely with everyone, while not having the same spotlight. I'd like to see where he fits in, but it seems like there's a lot of guys stepping up and filling the roles where he would normally play..

UltimateFootballNetwork
08-19-2009, 03:01 AM
I think Duce Staley's injury was too many doughnuts. So, I guess it was named Duncin? Krispy? Duce Staley just got old. It's what happens to RBs at that age after so many hits.

If you are over 30 you probably realize that your body is not nearly what it was at 26-27.

Galax Steeler
08-19-2009, 03:52 AM
I don't think Moore is ready for the sweat pants just yet.

WeegiesWarriors
08-19-2009, 05:55 AM
Moore is sort of our "Kevin Faulk." A very valuable guy that can do everything. Maybe not any one thing at a pro bowl level, but he can get you 5+ quality carries spelling your No. 1, is a viable option out of the backfield, and is reliable when he has to stay in to pick up a blitz. And last year he proved if your No. 1 goes down he can come in and produce.

I really hope he gets back to being healthy.

Steel Head
08-19-2009, 06:14 AM
Moore is sort of our "Kevin Faulk." A very valuable guy that can do everything.

That's a great comparison

There were times last season where nothing on our offense was working except getting the ball to Moore