08-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Nope, but I'll probably turn it on now.

fansince'76
08-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Ben kicking his ass at H-O-R-S-E. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
08-18-2009, 09:23 PM
pretty funny.

shaq can run smack with the best of em, but ben is holding his own and getting some good digs in.

he told shaq he didnt want any girl scout cookies when shaq arrived at this house. :chuckle:

pretty cool to see him let his guard down and cut loose. props to the producers for showing some beautiful shots of pittsburgh and including charlie batch in on the show.

fansince'76
08-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Cameo by Tomlin. :chuckle:

alittlejazzbird
08-18-2009, 09:36 PM
We all know that this episode was filmed just a few days after The Lawsuit was filed. Watching Ben doing the staged "press conference" where he introduced his posse of Batch, Keisel and Essex, probably just minutes after he read his statement to the press, wearing that very same brown suit (Ben, what is WITH the pinstripes? Seriously, get a girlfriend and let her pick out your clothes), was interesting and a little uncomfortable to see.

I liked the segment filmed at Ben's house. He seemed really relaxed, and he's a pretty funny guy. Nice house, too.

tony hipchest
08-18-2009, 10:26 PM
and ben wins his 3rd championship ring! :tt02:

granted its an nba ring and he only gets to wear it for a week but who cares.

lets see peyton or brady do that!

never really liked shaq on the court (despite his dominance) but he's a good guy off of it.

this show was his idea and he was the executive producer. props to him for showcasing pittsburgh and the steelers and proclaiming ben as the best in the game for the debut of his show.

this was also great PR for ben around the same day that his lawyers expose andrea mcnutjob for the flakey fraud she is.

on with ring #4.

43Hitman
08-18-2009, 10:50 PM
Damn, I missed it. I wonder if there will be a re-air of it?

DaPhonz
08-19-2009, 01:47 AM
I thought this show might suck as much as the production that was done for the 'Superstars', but beyond the commentators, I actually enjoyed it. It's awesome to see Ben's competitiveness, and the smack talk that he dished out to Shaq. Ben's persona seemed a lot more "raw" (probably due to the smack talk).

All in good fun though, I'm glad they chose Ben instead of, some patsy QB. Will probably tune in to more episodes, if not just for next week at least to see Misty May and and Kerri Walsh ;)

:tt:

JackHammer
08-19-2009, 01:57 AM
I missed it. Who won?

Detective
08-19-2009, 03:16 AM
Big Ben won 21-14

Detective
08-19-2009, 04:31 AM
its on youtube right now.. although it might get taken down soon

ben's gotta freakin nice house

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
08-19-2009, 04:48 AM
I hear Shaq also wants to take on Brock Lesnar, I would LOVE to see that!

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
08-19-2009, 04:50 AM
Ben kicking his ass at H-O-R-S-E. :chuckle:

Did he just keep shooting free throws?

Steel Head
08-19-2009, 04:55 AM
yeah, they show was pretty entertaining and funny. Both Shaq and Ben came off as really cool and laid-back

Pittsky
08-19-2009, 04:57 AM
i thought the show was great...probably mostly because ben was in it...he's funnier than i thought...i loved when shaq sat in his chair and just as quickly as shaq sat down he picked his big ass right back outta that chair and was like " yeah not happenin, thats my chair" HAHA

stillers4me
08-19-2009, 05:25 AM
Well, shoot. I forgot to watch it last night.

SteelCityKing
08-19-2009, 05:41 AM
i missed it. i wonder if it's online somewhere. i'd love to watch that. i've been pretty excited about watching this show.

Shaq has such great charisma and he's a great athlete. Ben is the same. i bet it was a fun matchup.

stillers4me
08-19-2009, 05:43 AM
If you finds it online, please post the link. I really wanted to see it.

SteelCityKing
08-19-2009, 05:48 AM
i'm watching ESPN and there should be highlights in a few minutes...i hope. ha!

Venom
08-19-2009, 05:53 AM
Great looking house

STEELtownHAVOX
08-19-2009, 06:02 AM
i liked when shaq ran the 40 and then ben mocked him running it...lol, nice strides ben

steelballs
08-19-2009, 06:18 AM
It was pretty funny all around. I liked the part when Shaq went to Ben's place and hit the intercom to get in, Ben asked "Shaq who?"
The rest of the show followed that same kind of scenario as they both cracked jokes on each other.

Ben was into it, when he got down 14-7, you could see the competitiveness that we all have seen on Sundays come out.
You should have seen the look on Ben's face when Shaq said that if he won, he'd get to wear Ben's SB ring for a week....Ben said yes grudgingly, but only if he got to wear Shaq's NBA championship ring if he won. Never got to see if that bet was enforced as the show ended when Ben won the comptition.

Steelers Since '75
08-19-2009, 06:21 AM
It was pretty funny all around. I liked the part when Shaq went to Ben's place and hit the intercom to get in, Ben asked "Shaq who?"
The rest of the show followed that same kind of scenario as they both cracked jokes on each other.

Ben was into it, when he got down 14-7, you could see the competitiveness that we all have seen on Sundays come out.
You should have seen the look on Ben's face when Shaq said that if he won, he'd get to wear Ben's SB ring for a week....Ben said yes grudgingly, but only if he got to wear Shaq's NBA championship ring if he won. Never got to see if that bet was enforced as the show ended when Ben won the comptition.

Shaq said at the end he would have the ring delivered to Ben's house...

Detective
08-19-2009, 07:26 AM
If you finds it online, please post the link. I really wanted to see it.

http://www.realitytvonline.org/celebrity-reality/episode-1-shaq-ben

idk how long it will be on there though

stlrtruck
08-19-2009, 07:47 AM
I thought it was a great opener for the show but doubt that I'd watch it in the future. I only watched it to see him take on Ben.

It was definitely a fun show to watch. Especially when Shaq showed up at his house and the following conversation took place:

Ben: I don't want any girl scout cookies
Shaq: You calling me a girl scout
Ben: No but I heard you throw like one

43Hitman
08-19-2009, 10:18 AM
http://www.realitytvonline.org/celebrity-reality/episode-1-shaq-ben

idk how long it will be on there though

Cool, thanks for sharing that. I thought it was pretty decent, loved the smack talk.

Steeldude
08-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Cool, thanks for sharing that. I thought it was pretty decent, loved the smack talk.

careful downloading zango on the link supplied by the user named detective. it's known to contain adware/spyware.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zango

SteelCityMom
08-19-2009, 11:40 AM
i missed it. i wonder if it's online somewhere. i'd love to watch that. i've been pretty excited about watching this show.

Shaq has such great charisma and he's a great athlete. Ben is the same. i bet it was a fun matchup.

Someone mentioned it was on youtube (which I'm sure it will eventually be taken down), but for anyone who missed it or wants a download of it, here's a link.

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/126798765/shaq+vs.?tab=summary

Edit: nvm, someone already posted a decent link to watch it. But if you want it for keeps, there's the link to download from.

TackleMeBen
08-19-2009, 12:09 PM
i recorded, but have yet to watch it. sounds like i need to get on that right way. it sounds very funny.

One_4_da_thumb
08-19-2009, 12:51 PM
that show was a joke

Ben took it easy on him

TackleMeBen
08-19-2009, 01:33 PM
(Ben, what is WITH the pinstripes? Seriously, get a girlfriend and let her pick out your clothes), was interesting and a little uncomfortable to see.
.you sound just like my sister, she is all the time mentioning to me how he dresses and what he wears. she said that he needs to invest in a fashion coordinator.. i am sure his mom could help out

fansince'76
08-19-2009, 03:09 PM
I thought it was a great opener for the show but doubt that I'd watch it in the future. I only watched it to see him take on Ben.

I found the premise of the show to be pretty dumb. I also only watched it because Ben was featured. Although I like Shaq, I don't see myself watching it again.

duma
08-19-2009, 03:27 PM
You can see it on hulu (www.hulu.com)
http://www.hulu.com/watch/90507/shaq-vs-series-premiere

stillers4me
08-19-2009, 04:15 PM

Thanks!

AllD
08-19-2009, 04:18 PM
It was good entertainment and Shaq kept it moving. Did I mention I live in a hotel and only have 10 channels.

steel striker
08-19-2009, 09:20 PM
I thought is pretty funny and, good competive banter for Ben & Shaq. I though is funny when Ben was giving Batch a hard time for coaching up Shaq.

stillers4me
08-19-2009, 09:23 PM
I liked it.

Good PR for Ben. He came across funny and not pretencious at all. He acted like a big kid.

alittlejazzbird
08-19-2009, 09:34 PM
you sound just like my sister, she is all the time mentioning to me how he dresses and what he wears. she said that he needs to invest in a fashion coordinator.. i am sure his mom could help out

LOL!! I'm constantly amazed at how a guy who makes many millions of dollars a year always looks like he needs a decent suit and a good haircut. I know Ben isn't Tom Brady and isn't ever going to look like a GQ model, but he could spend some money on really high quality suits and have them perfectly tailored (and he's TOO BIG for pinstripes - they look horrible on him). If he'd wear charcoal or navy, he'd look great.

And don't even get me started on his hair...he always looks like he either did it himself or went to SuperCuts or something.

Love you dearly, Ben, but someone needs to dress and groom you beyond the college jock look. :wink02:

stillers4me
08-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Typical Ben.

Come from behind and win at the very end. :chuckle:

stillers4me
08-20-2009, 04:28 PM
When Shaq said, "I want to say I beat the best quarterback in the world.", I Iooked at my husband and said, "Somewhere, Tom Brady just threw a chair through his TV." :chuckle:

SteelersMongol
08-23-2009, 08:42 AM
My co-worker had the whole thing saved on his computer 4 me. It was pretty awesome. Did U guys C Shaq pumping the crowd with "Here we go, Steelers..." ? Now I like the guy.

siss
08-23-2009, 10:17 AM
LOL!! I'm constantly amazed at how a guy who makes many millions of dollars a year always looks like he needs a decent suit and a good haircut. I know Ben isn't Tom Brady and isn't ever going to look like a GQ model, but he could spend some money on really high quality suits and have them perfectly tailored (and he's TOO BIG for pinstripes - they look horrible on him). If he'd wear charcoal or navy, he'd look great.

And don't even get me started on his hair...he always looks like he either did it himself or went to SuperCuts or something.

Love you dearly, Ben, but someone needs to dress and groom you beyond the college jock look. :wink02:
Anytime you want to hatch a plan to kid nap the 6'5 franchise QB and take him shopping, I'm all ears!:chuckle::chuckle:
We don't need to turn him into Tom Brady, we can just polish him up and make him see the light beyond pinstripes!

TackleMeBen
08-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Anytime you want to hatch a plan to kid nap the 6'5 franchise QB and take him shopping, I'm all ears!:chuckle::chuckle:
We don't need to turn him into Tom Brady, we can just polish him up and make him see the light beyond pinstripes!
it will have to be a big plan to kidnap that man.. he is pretty big. i am digging the hair this season, i love the curls, they are just too cute :wink02::chuckle:

alittlejazzbird
08-25-2009, 05:34 PM
For anyone who didn't manage to see this episode when it originally aired or via Hulu, ABC is re=airing Shaq vs. Ben tonight at 8:00.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-25-2009, 11:19 PM
here is a link

7SteelGal43
08-26-2009, 12:17 AM

Thanks to duma, I got to see it on hulu. THANK YOU DUMA....LOVED IT !!! Was great to see Big Ben relax, cut loose, interact with the fans.....lots of fun to watch.:tt:

7SteelGal43
08-26-2009, 12:18 AM

Thanks to duma, I got to see it on hulu. THANK YOU DUMA....LOVED IT !!! Was great to see Big Ben relax, cut loose, interact with the fans.....lots of fun to watch.:tt: Ben is just a cool dude. Great person. And one STUD of a QB.

sharkweek
08-26-2009, 03:06 AM
The format of the show made the competition seem staged (his TD passes looks as if the defenders just let the guys get open/catch the ball), especially when Shaq jumped in there for an illegal pick-6.

Granted, it was great entertainment just to watch two grown men act and play around like kids and put on a good show for the fans (and even interact with them).

Galax Steeler
08-26-2009, 04:20 AM
I finally got to watch it last night it was pretty cool.

KeiselPower99
08-26-2009, 08:20 AM
I watched it last night. Not too bad but I wont watch anymore of it.

alittlejazzbird
08-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Ben is always so guarded around the media and with the public, you hardly ever see him just crack up or be silly. To me, that was the best part of the episode - getting to see the "goofy big kid," as he described himself in that recent GQ interview. He's a really likable guy with lots of personality and a great sense of humor, and it was fun to see that side of him, especially since most of the show was filmed on or around the day of the Press Conference in the Brown Pin-Stripe Suit.

SteelersMongol
08-26-2009, 08:43 PM
here is a link

I was gonna send the link 2 someone I know, but it says it's only available within the states. Suckers. :banging:

Psyychoward86
08-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Ahaha, that's a good show. I enjoyed Shaq's lame attempt at a trick play :flap:

Stevo
08-27-2009, 05:09 AM
Three things:

• When Shaq had on the black “home” #7 and said he had it on because he stole Ben’s Super Bowl jersey. Um, I know he was trying to be funny but it’s not like the home and away jerseys look alike. It just made him look stupid and scripted.

• Ben threw a pic-6 to Shaq? Also scripted but great for the crowd.

• Playing HORSE with Shaq. Shaq made one from on top of a rock, way off the court. Ben was down to his last shot, game on the line. And what does he do? Nothing but net! Ben goes on to beat Shaq at his own sport. Big Ben is totally a clutch player.

stillers4me
08-27-2009, 05:13 AM
Ben is always so guarded around the media and with the public, you hardly ever see him just crack up or be silly. To me, that was the best part of the episode - getting to see the "goofy big kid," as he described himself in that recent GQ interview. He's a really likable guy with lots of personality and a great sense of humor, and it was fun to see that side of him, especially since most of the show was filmed on or around the day of the Press Conference in the Brown Pin-Stripe Suit.

The world finally got to see "the real Ben", not the rape monster, drama queen he's been labeled.

TackleMeBen
08-29-2009, 02:15 PM
The world finally got to see "the real Ben", not the rape monster, drama queen he's been labeled.
shhh stillers, you are going to blow his cover you know :chuckle::wink02: