PDA

View Full Version : This John Kuhn fella!!!!

sherlock
08-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Since joining SF I`ve been intrigued by a name that keeps cropping up all over the place....Kuhn.
He seems to be something of a legend/folk hero amongst Steeler fans.
I`m a 2 year NFL-Steeler rookie so I just missed out on his tenure with the Steelers,but today I thought I`d look into this enigma.
It seems he kept getting cut and then re-signed by the Steelers and eventually moved on to the Packers and is now with the Cardinals.
I was wondering why he has such cult-status amongst you all.....I`m guessing it`s because he was pretty bad when he was with the Steelers.
The strange thing is,is that although he kept getting cut he also kept getting re-signed and he still keeps getting signed up by other teams.....so he must have something about him.
:noidea:

Busforever
08-19-2009, 09:09 AM
If you look in a mirror and say "KUHNNNN!!" 3 times, he will appear and crush you.

T Bradshaw
08-19-2009, 09:11 AM
The strange thing is,is that although he kept getting cut he also kept getting re-signed and he still keeps getting signed up by other teams.....so he must have something about him.
:noidea:

Kuhn = Rocky

Steel Head
08-19-2009, 09:13 AM
he sucked and was cut

/thread

fansince'76
08-19-2009, 09:51 AM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=11963

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=13089

:chuckle:

The Lakelander
08-19-2009, 09:53 AM
It is because Steelers fans (diehards) want a big RB that punishes opposing defenses the same way Bettis did it.

And Kuhn was a local college kid (Shippensburg) who came into camp and fit the bill.

He was running over people in camp and in pre-season games. So much so that a few excessive optimists on these boards had him pegged to stick around here and be a force.

Then reality struck and Kuhn was a Steelers bust ... those that came out in support of him were lambasted and he became a running joke on these forums as a friendly reminder for us to temper our enthusiasm for undrafted rookie RB's. :chuckle:

:wave: ... and now I'm stuck with my Redman stigma eternally ....:laughing:

:popcorn:

Steel Head
08-19-2009, 10:12 AM
R.J. Bowers was better than Kuhn

sherlock
08-19-2009, 10:32 AM
It is because Steelers fans (diehards) want a big RB that punishes opposing defenses the same way Bettis did it.

And Kuhn was a local college kid (Shippensburg) who came into camp and fit the bill.

He was running over people in camp and in pre-season games. So much so that a few excessive optimists on these boards had him pegged to stick around here and be a force.

Then reality struck and Kuhn was a Steelers bust ... those that came out in support of him were lambasted and he became a running joke on these forums as a friendly reminder for us to temper our enthusiasm for undrafted rookie RB's. :chuckle:

Thanks 76 I should have done a search!
Thanks for thatLakelander
I understand that any future RB`s will always have to overcome the Bettis comparison and you never know Redman might `be the one`.

CantStop85
08-19-2009, 10:50 AM
he sucked and was cut

/thread

Blasphemy. Bring down the ban-hammer! :chuckle:

SCSTILLER
08-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Take everything you have ever heard about Chuck Norris and insert John Kuhns name, and it still wouldn't do Kuhn justice.

When the Boogey Man goes to bed, he checks his closet for John Kuhn!

John Kuhns tears can cure cancer, problem is John Kuhn has never cried!

You get the picture.

steelreserve
08-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks 76 I should have done a search!
Thanks for thatLakelander
I understand that any future RB`s will always have to overcome the Bettis comparison and you never know Redman might `be the one`.

I guess some people will always want the next Bettis. I don't particularly care myself; I just want a guy who can run over people a couple of times a game, and do it better than Gary Russell could. After that, he can go j/o in the locker room for the rest of the game for all I care.

Dino 6 Rings
08-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Chuck Norris Raped SuperMan and John Kuhn is their Bastard Child.

HometownGal
08-19-2009, 11:13 AM
The second coming of Walter Payton isn't a Steeler anymore, so I'm moving this to the NFL forum.

SteelTalons
08-19-2009, 11:20 AM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=11963

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=13089

:chuckle:

Thats an exact mirror of whats going on with Redman. So much so its kinda scary. :laughing:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-19-2009, 02:33 PM
Love it when people ask...we get to break out the Ode to John Kuhn!!!!

Ode to John Kuhn

500 lbs and 10 feet tall
The greatest sports figure of them all

He can hold 5 footballs in one hand
He had all the Dallas Cheerleaders...in a one night stand

His shadow once won a beauty prize
His McFarland figure...... is life-size

He once threw a touchdown...to himself
He has a steel-rebar reinforced trophy shelf.

He can change the orbit of the Moon
Hes Kuhn...John Kuhn.

A paragon..a record slayer
Admitted to the Hall of Fame while still a player.

Not sure if its true, but it's been told
his tears can cure the common cold.

So cool he sweats in cubes of ice,
He has counted to infinity.........twice.

His eyebrows are registered weapons...I'm sure
that Chuck Norris even calls him "Sir"

This ode is finished much to soon
for Kuhn....John Kuhn.

-Elizabeth Barrett Lambert

tony hipchest
08-19-2009, 10:43 PM
brilliant LLT :applaudit:

whether you believe jimmy dean, johnny cash, LLT, charlie daniels band, or a billion steelerfans , the legend of big bad john is still the same (and still growing)-

BWKGhwwVgKY

gMqcZZt_4_U

onefortheotherhand
08-19-2009, 10:59 PM
Thats an exact mirror of whats going on with Redman. So much so its kinda scary. :laughing:

if you just put replace kuhn with redman and all the peoples names which the ones that currently post...i think there isnt any diffrence?! :chuckle:

stlrtruck
08-20-2009, 06:54 AM

I honestly believe that once he was cut from the roster, those who could see it as a joke took it as a joke. And Kuhn couldn't have been that terrible, he did land himself on the roster of a NFL team and was at least somewhat productive for them while they needed him to fill the role.

I wouldn't say you're stuck with the Redman stiga eternally, but there are probably a few here that will rub it (or try to rub it) in your face if he doesn't make the team. I do hope to see him get more playing time against the 1st and 2nd teams to see if he can produce the same type of results as he did against the cardinals.

IF you want, I'll tell him you said HI when I see him Saturday night in DC! :drink: