PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite current Raven player?

00Ravens
08-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Ed Reed is by far superior than any other Safety in the league.

http://www.dailypress.com/media/photo/2008-12/43773033.jpg

fansince'76
08-19-2009, 03:26 PM
I like Ed Reed. I think he's the best FS in the league, anyway.

Psyychoward86
08-19-2009, 03:34 PM
Shame he's never getting a ring.

devilsdancefloor
08-19-2009, 03:53 PM
:yawn:

TheWarDen86
08-19-2009, 03:59 PM
I like Ed Reed. He excels at the FS position. Best safety in the league though? Nope. He could never do all the things Troy is asked to do.

The Duke
08-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Flacco

3 ints in the biggest game of his life :thumbsup:

Haloti Ngata really. guy is a monster!!

00Ravens
08-19-2009, 04:11 PM
I like Ed Reed. He excels at the FS position. Best safety in the league though? Nope. He could never do all the things Troy is asked to do.

That's because no one asks Ed to do anything. His sole purpose is to roam around and make plays. Reed is twice the playmaker Troy is...unless of course you're refering to Troy Smith.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.fanhouse.com/media/2008/01/troy-smith-running.jpg

RoethlisBURGHer
08-19-2009, 04:21 PM
If Ed Reed makes all the big plays, then why didn't he intercept Big Ben in the AFC Championship Game to win the Lamar Hunt Trophy for the Ravens?

Oh that's right, Troy Polamalu make a game icing interception and returned it for a touchdown for the Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers.

AllD
08-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Art Modell, he was the only one with big enough coconuts to get the "F" out of Cleveland.

SteelTalons
08-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Imma say Ray Lewis, and thats just based on how he plays football. Id say Reed and Flacco are second for me... Reed is an obvious pick but Flacco looks like he's gonna be something special for yall real soon.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-zMyEhKO8dg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-zMyEhKO8dg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-19-2009, 04:48 PM
Tough to say.......I really dont like many.

I do like the way Trevor Pryce plays and Tom Zibikowski gets a vote for telling Jon Lott at the NFL combine......"dont call me Rudy" while benching 225lbs.

7SteelGal43
08-19-2009, 05:04 PM
That's because no one asks Ed to do anything. His sole purpose is to roam around and make plays. Reed is twice the playmaker Troy is...unless of course you're refering to Troy Smith.

HOMER ALERT !!!! :busted:

"Flacco back in the pocket , looks for an open man, he passes....PICKED OFF BY TROY POLAMALU....POLALMAU CUTS ACROSS, CUTS TOWARD THE ENDZONE, TOUCHDOWN TROY POLAMALU....THE STEELERS ARE HEADED TO SUPERBOWL 43 !!!!!!!!!!"

TheWarDen86
08-19-2009, 05:12 PM

You're obviously delusional and I envision your stay here to be a short one. :wave:

fansince'76
08-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Reed is twice the playmaker Troy is....

Let me know when Reed starts making plays like this one, 'kay? :coffee:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_42w5-R0zz2g/SSJBcdoROvI/AAAAAAAAD3A/MhgzT4BXELc/s400/capt_8c0bb404984a411f8de73e3cf2232d81_aptopix_char gers_steelers_football_paks102.jpg

HometownGal
08-19-2009, 05:28 PM
I don't have a favorite Ratfink player, but as far as those I have any degree of respect for, the list is small.

Joe Flacco - I think this kid is going to be a damned good QB if the Rats FO gets him more than one viable receiver.

Derrick Mason - The only talent the Rats have left on O other than Flacco.

Ed Reed - Hard worker (and hitter) on the field (but not as talented as our own Troy no matter what the talking headcases say) and a classy guy in the locker room and off the field.

Coach John Harbaugh - The guy did a nice job with that bunch of thugs in his rookie season as a HC and he doesn't appear to be a lemon faced waaaaababy like his predecessor.

T&B fan
08-19-2009, 05:37 PM
My favorite will be the next one who throws a pic to Troy , or the guy who misses his block and lets fast willy get a open run for 85 yds and a TD ... or the Kicker who shanks it for a 5 yd loss..:tt03::laughing: god I love the ratbirds:chuckle:

RoethlisBURGHer
08-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Okay, so I guess I will actually answer this question.

I don't have a favorite Raven. If you wear their jersey, I hate you the entire time you are with the team.

Pittsky
08-19-2009, 06:35 PM
was this a serious question?

SteelCityKing
08-19-2009, 07:04 PM
was this a serious question?

i was going to ask the same thing.

you know if any one of us got on the Ravens message boards and asked the same question we would get heckled to no end and probably booted off the site period. i'm really not going to respond to this question because i think it's an idiotic question to be asking. i'm glad you were thinking of me when you asked...but i'll pass. thank you...

...ohhh...okay, you got it out of me. my favorite player on the Baltimore Ravens is any player on there who runs their mouth and talks shit all day long..and then gets shut down and can't win 3 times in one year. =)

TheWarDen86
08-19-2009, 07:30 PM
i was going to ask the same thing.

you know if any one of us got on the Ravens message boards and asked the same question we would get heckled to no end and probably booted off the site period. i'm really not going to respond to this question because i think it's an idiotic question to be asking. i'm glad you were thinking of me when you asked...but i'll pass. thank you...

...ohhh...okay, you got it out of me. my favorite player on the Baltimore Ravens is any player on there who runs their mouth and talks shit all day long..and then gets shut down and can't win 3 times in one year. =)

If it was the very first thing you did upon signing up, absolutely. No brainer there (for us at least).

One can usually only pull that crap off once a level of trust and repsect is earned. Short of that, you're probably some kind of troll.

#1 Big Ben Fan
08-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Flacco

3 ints in the biggest game of his life :thumbsup:

Haloti Ngata really. guy is a monster!!

Ngata is a beast and I'm with you on him. As for Ed Reed and I do think he is a very good FS. But did he even play in the AFC title game vs the Steelers?. I don't see to remember him do anything great in that game while Troy P. made the INT and returned it for a TD to clinch the game for the Steelers.:sofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
08-19-2009, 07:40 PM

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.fanhouse.com/media/2008/01/troy-smith-running.jpgand where were those "plays", in the games that counted the most ??? i heard polomalu mentioned quite often...reed...nope. ...the only time i remember seeing him was when he was chasing a steeler receiver down the field..:laughing: lets review and see those "plays" , by reed...<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oGKjjgkubqs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oGKjjgkubqs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

STEELtownHAVOX
08-19-2009, 09:17 PM
I like Reed, heck of a player and seems like a down to earth guy.

tony hipchest
08-19-2009, 09:26 PM
raven simone. :coffee:

Galax Steeler
08-20-2009, 04:26 AM

:toofunny:That is funny as hell what a joke we needed a good laugh on here.:rofl:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
08-20-2009, 05:27 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZsxaNLKybyM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZsxaNLKybyM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4QGKlluCU0o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4QGKlluCU0o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That is all :tt:

SteelCityKing
08-20-2009, 05:52 AM
debate is now over. haha!

stlrtruck
08-20-2009, 07:06 AM
debate is now over. haha!

there was a debate? Dang it I missed it.

Edman
08-20-2009, 07:23 AM
I don't like Ray Lewis, and it's unlikely I ever will, but he knows the real way on how to play football, and that's all I have to say about him.

Ed Reed seems to be the only player on the Ravens without a big mouth.

That's it. I don't have a favorite Ravens player.

Steel Head
08-20-2009, 07:39 AM
Haloti Ngata

dude is a total beast and not a loudmouth jerkoff like most of their players

I used to like Mason untill he opened his mouth before the AFC title game....he came off like a giant d-bag

Steel Head
08-20-2009, 07:40 AM
Ed Reed is by far superior than any other Safety in the league.

too bad he tackles like a b!tch

Polamalu outplayed him bigtime when it counted last year

The_WARDen
08-20-2009, 07:54 AM
I'd have to say their punter. If he's on the field that means our defense shut them down once again.

vasteeler
08-20-2009, 08:04 AM
nobody!!!

but if I were forced to make a choice i would chose door # 2 an encounter with Zed and the gimp before choosing any of the yard birds players
I hate them all

revefsreleets
08-20-2009, 08:52 AM
The only Rat player I'll ever like is also the greatest player to ever wear the purple and black (and white and red and yellow and all the other colors in that gawdawful XFL wannabe jersey), and that's Rod Woodson.

steelreserve
08-20-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm going to say Willis McGahee, for his ability to take a hit. :thumbsup:

http://sports.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0130/nfl_u_clark_300.jpg

Dino 6 Rings
08-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Matt Katula, #70. He's their Long Snapper.

I like him because if he's on the field that means those Little Bittches the Ravens are Punting to Us Again.

Psyychoward86
08-20-2009, 11:52 AM
If Ed Reed makes all the big plays, then why didn't he intercept Big Ben in the AFC Championship Game to win the Lamar Hunt Trophy for the Ravens?

Oh that's right, Troy Polamalu make a game icing interception and returned it for a touchdown for the Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers.

Not to mention that great stop he had on the QB sneak when it was 4th and inches :tt:

TheWarDen86
08-20-2009, 12:02 PM
too bad he tackles like a b!tch

Polamalu outplayed him bigtime when it counted last year

:laughing:

...and he GET'S tackled like one too. :chuckle:

TackleMeBen
08-20-2009, 12:26 PM
my favorite raven player is which ever one just got the crap knocked out of him and being carried off the field.

Nadroj 20
08-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Why would any of us have a favorite ravens player? the question should be which one we respect the most cause you dont have to like them to respect them

Indo
08-20-2009, 01:46 PM
The only Rat player I'll ever like is also the greatest player to ever wear the purple and black (and white and red and yellow and all the other colors in that gawdawful XFL wannabe jersey), and that's Rod Woodson.

DAMN!
That was my answer, but you beat me to it!

revefsreleets
08-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Does it have to be related to their actual skill? Does it have to be a player?

If not skill on the field, I choose Bart Scott, because he's my favorite whiny little bitch: "Wah, Hines Ward hits too hard. It hurts!".

If not a player, I choose their front office for much the same reason: "Wah, we don't want to play the Steelers in their opener at home. They are too good and they hit too hard and we'll lose!"

TheWarDen86
08-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Does it have to be related to their actual skill? Does it have to be a player?

If not skill on the field, I choose Bart Scott, because he's my favorite whiny little bitch: "Wah, Hines Ward hits too hard. It hurts!".

If not a player, I choose their front office for much the same reason: "Wah, we don't want to play the Steelers in their opener at home. They are too good and they hit too hard and we'll lose!"

He asked for current players. Hines Ward's pet linebacker is now a Jet. :chuckle:

revefsreleets
08-20-2009, 02:33 PM
He asked for current players. Hines Ward's pet linebacker is now a Jet. :chuckle:

Suggs is his mouthpiece (can Scott not speak for himself? IS he mute?), so I choose Suggs then as Scott's proxy...he bitched and whined and moaned just as loudly...

PisnNapalm
08-20-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm unable to call anything in a Raven's uniform a favorite.

TheWarDen86
08-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Suggs is his mouthpiece (can Scott not speak for himself? IS he mute?), so I choose Suggs then as Scott's proxy...he bitched and whined and moaned just as loudly...

..and even bought the t-shirt! :chuckle:

http://sportswithcoleman.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/tsizz.jpg

Crow-Magnon
08-20-2009, 05:48 PM

If you want to make posts about the Ravens, fine. But stop with the asinine posts that make knowledgeable Ravens fans look bad by association.

Reed and Polomalu are the two best safeties in the NFL. But Ed is a FS and Troy is a SS and they have different roles and responsibilities.

HometownGal
08-20-2009, 05:52 PM
If you want to make posts about the Ravens, fine. But stop with the asinine posts that make knowledgeable Ravens fans look bad by association.

Reed and Polomalu are the two best safeties in the NFL. But Ed is a FS and Troy is a SS and they have different roles and responsibilities.

:applaudit::drink::applaudit:

I respect you for a lot of reasons, Crow, but one of the biggest is that you are brutally honest and tell it like it is (except when you predict Rats victories over the Steelers :chuckle:) :hatsoff:

HometownGal
08-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Why would any of us have a favorite ravens player? the question should be which one we respect the most cause you dont have to like them to respect them

Exactly and that is what I posted in my first reply. :thumbsup: There are several NFL teams that I just don't like besides the Ratfinks, but I respect a couple of players on their teams.

Crow-Magnon
08-20-2009, 06:02 PM
:applaudit::drink::applaudit:

I respect you for a lot of reasons, Crow, but one of the biggest is that you are brutally honest and tell it like it is (except when you predict Rats victories over the Steelers :chuckle:) :hatsoff:

Well, I do predict 1-1 this season. :wave:

Dino 6 Rings
08-20-2009, 10:09 PM
I Still like their long snapper best.

touchdownward
08-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Brian Sipe. :chuckle:

Steel Head
08-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Brian Sipe. :chuckle:

no, he meant after they painted the feces purple :chuckle:

Ravnet
08-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Jared Gaither - the anchor of the best young offensive line in football.

revefsreleets
08-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Jared Gaither - the anchor of the best young offensive line in football.

He's the quintessential Ratbird. Dumb as a box of rocks (all kinds of academic trouble at Maryland) and a troublemaker as well (suspended for 2 weeks and missed the 2006 Terps opener for undisclosed disciplinary reasons).

Yesterday's dummy and troublemaker is tomorrow's assault/murder charge evading, shooter up of nudey bars, coke dealer, etc, etc...

Ravnet
08-21-2009, 05:21 PM
He's the quintessential Ratbird.

Yes, a damn good football player.

revefsreleets
08-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Yes, a damn good football player.
And character, track record, criminal activity, etc, etc be damned?

SteelersinCA
08-22-2009, 01:11 AM
Baltimore still fields a team? I thought they were scared to play the Steelers, who cares about the turds besides Limp Timber.

MACH1
08-22-2009, 01:32 AM
Baltimore still fields a team? I thought they were scared to play the Steelers, who cares about the turds besides Limp Timber.

Yes they do. This is by far the best one yet.

http://www.nfljuice.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/ravensboys.jpg

Ravnet
08-22-2009, 01:34 AM
And character, track record, criminal activity, etc, etc be damned?

Gaither did have many problems in college, as is evidenced by the fact that he fell to the fifth round in the supplemental draft, but during his tenure in Baltimore, Gaither has really turned things around, and his work ethic is now exemplary.

The Ravens shouldn't be classified as delinquents any more than Pittsburgh is; we're not the Begnals.

Steel Head
08-23-2009, 01:19 PM
The Ravens shouldn't be classified as delinquents any more than Pittsburgh is; we're not the Begnals.

lol, yeah whatever go ask T-scrapple

revefsreleets
08-24-2009, 08:43 AM

Any teeny modicum of credibility you might have built just flew out the window with this statement.

SteelersMongol
08-24-2009, 09:06 AM

DING DING DING. V got a winner. :thumbsup: The best answer there is. :chuckle:

Steel Head
08-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Any teeny modicum of credibility you might have built just flew out the window with this statement.

fyi - a Raven player was arrested over the weekend. I live in the DC/Baltimore area and just heard the story on the radio this morning. I can't recall the players name (I never heard of him) but he was with a group of people eating dinner downtown in the Inner Harbor. Recently their has been a lot of crime there which is the 1 tourist area in Baltimore so the police announced they would be "more aggressive" in that location.

So apparently this Raven was all thugged out wearing the hoodie and sweats, etc....when police thought they saw a gun on him (was a cellphone i guess).....their was a confrontation and this idiot Raven pushed around some cops and was arrested

The Ravens are classless pieces of sh*t. and their fans are pretty stupid

Steel Head
08-24-2009, 09:38 AM
here is a link: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-tony-fein-arrested-0824,0,6941362.story

The_WARDen
08-24-2009, 09:42 AM
he's excused...claiming "racial profiling" I believe.

:popcorn:

Steel Head
08-24-2009, 09:47 AM
he's excused...claiming "racial profiling" I believe.

:popcorn:

LOL, what a fugging a$$clown. Pushes a cop then tries to turn it around on the cop

As i mentioned, The City, mayor and police dep't have recently announced they were going to be more aggressive in policing the Inner Harbor because of recent crime and a murder

Stover4Prez
08-24-2009, 04:03 PM
So apparently this Raven was all thugged out wearing the hoodie and sweats, etc....

Kind of like this.....? I agree that the kid shouldn't have pushed a cop (if that's what really happened), but I fail to see how a player wearing sweats makes him a criminal....

Tankus_Maximus
08-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Ngata....dude is a monster

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
08-24-2009, 04:23 PM
I think Flacco has one of the nicest deliveries, and throws one of the nicest deep balls in the NFL..... Too bad he has to try it twice a year against the steelers

The Duke
08-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Once again ngata shows why he's my favorite raven

even if it is preseason

XxKnightxX
08-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Haloti Ngata hands down, the guy can run and is just a battering ram with his speed.

CantStop85
08-24-2009, 10:25 PM
I still vote Kelley Washington. :chuckle:

revefsreleets
08-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Kind of like this.....? I agree that the kid shouldn't have pushed a cop (if that's what really happened), but I fail to see how a player wearing sweats makes him a criminal....

I bet he said (as he was shoving the cop around) "Don't you KNOW who I am?"

Thug life, baby...and he learned from the best...

sherlock
08-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Flacco.....an old head on young shoulders.
He seemed to quickly gain the respect of his team-mates.
The time he made that play against the Steelers,after about 15-20 seconds in and out of the pocket was impressive(he said begrudgingly)

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-25-2009, 10:31 AM

Have you seen her lately? Definately a NT.

Godfather
08-25-2009, 10:45 AM
I want to see Michael Oher do well.

However, I want him to do well on a crappy team.

Stover4Prez
08-25-2009, 07:02 PM
I bet he said (as he was shoving the cop around) "Don't you KNOW who I am?"

Thug life, baby...and he learned from the best...

And I bet Ben said "You know you want it! You love it baby!"

Pure speculation.....

The_WARDen
08-26-2009, 07:16 AM

Pure speculation.....

except that in the loser Raven's case there was an actual cop doing an actual arrest.

In Ben's case? No cop. No arrest. Yes, there was some crazy skank with $40 to spend.

revefsreleets
08-26-2009, 09:12 AM

Pure speculation.....

You'll have to try MUCH harder than that...

I HATE thug apologists...