PDA

View Full Version : this is the saints season

onefortheotherhand
08-19-2009, 07:54 PM
My gut feeling is that the saints will be in the superbowl this year. All the pieces are in place for them. In the preseason game their defence was flying to the ball and their suspect pass defence seems to toughened up a lot. i dont think i need to say anything about their offence, however they are a threat to score from anywhere on the field.

i want to know your guys's thoughts on this.. dont be hating on me because the steelers are still my favs and always will i just think its the saints season to hoist the lombardi trophy :thumbsup:

hindes204
08-19-2009, 08:09 PM
:doh: :banging: :mad:

screw the saints......IM ROOTING FOR THE REPEAT

HometownGal
08-19-2009, 08:17 PM
My gut feeling is that the saints will be in the superbowl this year. All the pieces are in place for them. In the preseason game their defence was flying to the ball and their suspect pass defence seems to toughened up a lot. i dont think i need to say anything about their offence, however they are a threat to score from anywhere on the field.

i want to know your guys's thoughts on this.. dont be hating on me because the steelers are still my favs and always will i just think its the saints season to hoist the lombardi trophy :thumbsup:

If it hadn't been for their shitty defense last season, they would have been an NFCC contender, imho. Every other aspect of their team fit like hand in glove.

Personally - I like the Saints (and especially Brees) and would like to see them in XLIV (against us, of course), but I really don't think one preseason game against the Bungles canonizes their D just yet.

MasterOfPuppets
08-19-2009, 08:18 PM
onefortheotherhand ??? how many fingers do you have per hand ? :huh:

onefortheotherhand
08-19-2009, 08:25 PM
..huh?

onefortheotherhand...as in we just won one for the other hand

HometownGal
08-19-2009, 08:29 PM
onefortheotherhand ??? how many fingers do you have per hand ? :huh:

Is this your hand MOP? :wink: :chuckle:

http://adamcontra.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/six_fingers.jpg

lilyoder6
08-19-2009, 08:32 PM
there offense is going to be dominant again this yr.. passing game is sick.. shockey actually looks like he will contribute and bush is amazing in the open field...

i'll have 2 see more games to see if the new defense can hold there own

MasterOfPuppets
08-19-2009, 08:33 PM
..huh?

onefortheotherhand...as in we just won one for the other hand
well considering "one for the thumb", meant win one for the thumb....:noidea:

CantStop85
08-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Their offense will be special again this year, but their defense will still be a huge question. Especially their secondary...it's pretty bad with the exception of Darren Sharper...better hope Malcolm Jenkins matures quickly.

onefortheotherhand
08-19-2009, 08:50 PM
darren sharper is a great saftey though...i think he will be a mentor to all the young'uns on there D and toughen them up

TheWarDen86
08-19-2009, 08:54 PM
For the NFCCG I can go with the Saints-Giants.
AFCCG? Steelers.....Chargers?

Actually, I'd love to go to Foxboro and take one away from them for a change.

onefortheotherhand
08-19-2009, 08:55 PM
well considering "one for the thumb", meant win one for the thumb....:noidea:

well wutev juss drop it this thread isnt about my name :banging:

stlrtruck
08-20-2009, 06:48 AM
In the op's defense, he didn't say they were going to win the super bowl, just said they were going to it.

I'll take the repeat over the saints! Then again, I wouldn't care what NFC team we beat the crap out of. Actually, it wouldn't be so bad to beat the crap out of the scubs (bucs) now that I think of it.

SteelTalons
08-20-2009, 08:51 AM
For the NFCCG I can go with the Saints-Giants.
AFCCG? Steelers.....Chargers?

Actually, I'd love to go to Foxboro and take one away from them for a change.

Same here

fansince'76
08-20-2009, 10:41 AM
Saints as Super Bowl winners? When they've won a grand total of 2 postseason games in team history? Doubtful. Anything's possible, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

fansince'76
08-20-2009, 10:43 AM
In the op's defense, he didn't say they were going to win the super bowl, just said they were going to it.

No, I think he predicted they'd win it:

i just think its the saints season to hoist the lombardi trophy

stlrtruck
08-20-2009, 11:35 AM
No, I think he predicted they'd win it:

Maybe I should have read the entire thing between laughing. :noidea:

onefortheotherhand
10-18-2009, 08:36 PM
how about now ? i posted this before the regular season started.

onefortheotherhand
10-18-2009, 08:37 PM
not too be mean, i just wanted too see what you guys think now

fansince'76
10-18-2009, 08:38 PM
They're 6-0. Long way to go. Don't think Super Bowls are won in October. If they were, Peyton Manning would be working on his 6th or 7th ring by now. Sure, they score a lot of points, but they give up a lot of points too. If they run into a team that can slow their offense down or they simply have an off day offensively in the postseason, they'll be in trouble.

ricksteelers55
10-18-2009, 09:00 PM
Saints dont have what it takes to win the super bowl.Yeah they are great in passing but so were the Cards last year­.At best the Saints might go to the SB but they wont beat the AFC team that are built for toughness.

In no way do they beat the Steelers,Ravens,Colts and even the Patriots

My guess is that they dont even go to NFCC because the Saints are a bunch of chokers.

If both team have a rematch in playoffs I'm putting all my money on the G-Men

Godfather
10-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Saints have two things they haven't had before: a good running game and a decent defense.

Edman
10-18-2009, 10:43 PM
Eh, if the Cards can make a Super Bowl. So can the Saints.

But it's still a long way to go.

sharkweek
10-19-2009, 01:59 AM
they're probably one of the few NFC teams I would root for, but I don't condone bandwagoning so I cannot support your efforts here.

I will say this though - I find it funny how the Chargers drafted Rivers only for Brees to take off like he has, on top of essentially passing up Ben twice. That being said I have to say I'm glad Brees is finding success with the Saints, its not every day you see a QB completely turn around a franchise from the pits of the NFL.

onefortheotherhand
10-19-2009, 05:46 AM
all im saying is that there defense has been creating turnovers, and darren sharper is a beast. they have a running game and a amazing core of receivers. however yea that is true its a long road to the super bowl but right now the saints are looking sharp.

onefortheotherhand
01-24-2010, 09:34 PM
WHO DAT

onefortheotherhand
02-07-2010, 10:12 PM
i shoulda bet some money on this!!

:hatsoff:

tony hipchest
02-07-2010, 10:37 PM
all im saying is that there defense has been creating turnovers, and darren sharper is a beast. they have a running game and a amazing core of receivers. however yea that is true its a long road to the super bowl but right now the saints are looking sharp.

great call. :hatsoff:

ive seen alot more rediculous predictions posted as a matter of fact on this board.

infact, when this post was posted, i am certain 100% of steelerfans still wouldve predicted the steelers to make the playoffs (proving that even the NON-rediculous predictions can quickly turn south).