PDA

View Full Version : Rookies making rosters...who gets cut?

truesteelerfan
08-20-2009, 12:06 PM
:wave:If this prediction comes true...What a great job drafting and evaluating talent! We are the best in the business!

But the question then comes up...who will not be a Steeler come Week 1 so these younger guys can come in?

Steelers | Six offensive rookies could make final roster
Comment (0)
Wed, 19 Aug 2009 23:46:42 -0700

Gerry Dulac, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports as many as six offensive rookies could make the team's final roster. TE David Johnson, WR Mike Wallace, OG Kraig Urbik, OL Ramon Foster, RB Isaac Redman and RB Frank Summers are candidates to make the team. Redman and Foster both went undrafted.

MasterOfPuppets
08-20-2009, 12:16 PM
so hood, lewis and burnett, get cut .....:popcorn:... why would anyone waste thier time writing that ? duh...of course they're candidates or they wouldn't be there...:doh:

mmalone
08-20-2009, 12:17 PM
:wave:If this prediction comes true...What a great job drafting and evaluating talent! We are the best in the business!

But the question then comes up...who will not be a Steeler come Week 1 so these younger guys can come in?

Comment (0)

Gerry Dulac, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports as many as six offensive rookies could make the team's final roster. TE David Johnson, WR Mike Wallace, OG Kraig Urbik, OL Ramon Foster, RB Isaac Redman and RB Frank Summers are candidates to make the team. Redman and Foster both went undrafted.

i would say Keenan Lewis over David Johnson unless he starts blocking and protecting the pass rush better. if one games a tell all then Keenan beats him to a spot.

Burnett over Urbik?? wheres Burnett?

The Lakelander
08-20-2009, 12:20 PM
You guys .... READ what it said!

It said 6 OFFENSIVE rookies!

Of course Hood, Lewis and Burnett are going to make it!

truesteelerfan
08-20-2009, 12:22 PM
I can't see David Johnson making our roster...TE is one spot we are pretty set at.

MasterOfPuppets
08-20-2009, 12:32 PM
You guys .... READ what it said!

It said 6 OFFENSIVE rookies!

Of course Hood, Lewis and Burnett are going to make it!ummmm nope...not listed as candidates so they're not gonna make it.....:popcorn:

steelreserve
08-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Well, two roster spots are already open because of Russell and Washington.

I doubt Johnson makes the team because there's no way in hell we're carrying 4 TEs. So he's on the practice squad unless we really decide we've had it with Spaeth.

After that, cutting Carey Davis and Baker brings us up to five spots taken care of ... for the last spot, there's about equal chances someone goes on IR, Redman gets sent to the practice squad, or they take a spot from the defensive side, like the one vacated when Orpheus Roye retired.

competive
08-20-2009, 03:51 PM
I actually think offense its fairly easy to determine this year, (except OL), I think rookie Johnson makes the team, they are impressed with his his blocking, has H-back all written over him. Defense players are a pain to figure, since they have so many DB's oddly Steelers look thin in backup ILB's.... This year's rookies put in a tought position players like Carey Davis, Sean McHugh, Greg Warren, I see these last 3 gone.

mmalone
08-20-2009, 03:54 PM

Comment (0)

sorry, the title says rookies.... i missed the offense part...

one side only
08-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Johnson makes the team. McHugh is the odd man out.

Redman makes it also, but not Summers; he's destine for the practice squad.