PDA

View Full Version : Ben hurt????

Fire Haley
08-20-2009, 03:53 PM
This could be bad

Wexell twitter- reports Ben is hurt at camp, got rolled into by Max Starks.

Not being taken from field so shouldnt be torn. Occurred after released ball. Harrison pushed Starks into it.

Ben's right Achilles wrapped in ice. Hasn't put pressure on it yet.

Fire up them small animal sacrifices

tony hipchest
08-20-2009, 03:55 PM
torn achilles?

Not being taken from field so shouldnt be torn. Occurred after released ball. Harrison pushed Starks into it.

Indo
08-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Won't know if it's torn until the MRI

it's always something,,,(in the immortal words of Rosanne Rosanadana)

one side only
08-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Selling the Drama

According to ESPN 1250's Ken Laird, Roethlisberger's leg is "heavily wrapped" and he couldn't put pressure on it when trying to stand.

Fire Haley
08-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Please let it be nothing - I'll take the heat for any panic I may be causing.

http://twitter.com/jimwexell

Fire Haley
08-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Here we go:

Down goes Roethlisberger
Posted by Mike Florio on August 20, 2009 4:52 PM ET

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger suffered an injury during practice on Thursday, and he currently is being tended to by trainers.

Per our buddy Mike Logan of ESPN 1250 in Pittsburgh (yes, the same Mike Logan who played for the Steelers and West Virginia University), left tackle Max Starks fell and rolled up on Roethlisberger's leg

tony hipchest
08-20-2009, 04:01 PM
No one seems worried 'cept twits twittering. Ben just sitting on ice chest. :chuckle:

now he says hes up and limping.

that james harrison is just one big ol meanie, tossin around max starks like a rag doll and all (he's been abusing him all camp)

revefsreleets
08-20-2009, 04:02 PM
It's cheating! We'd win it all if it wasn't for Harrison with his dirty hits!

Fire Haley
08-20-2009, 04:04 PM
I told you all those bad karma threads about other team's injuries were bad juju.

Heal Ben heal.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Ben will be fine, we all know he's one big drama queen!

NJarhead
08-20-2009, 04:08 PM
From what I've seen fom Ben over the last 5 years, I'm just not concerned right now. It almost seems like the worse it appears to us, the quicker he seems to rebound.

I'll worry if something bad and official comes out.

one side only
08-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Ice wrap off, shoe back on, says "I'll be allright."

Fire Haley
08-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Ben's standing alone on sideline. "I'll be all right," he said to passing assistant

Heal Ben Heal.

Trainer took ice wrap off Ben, put shoe back on. Limping off field without help

tony hipchest
08-20-2009, 04:13 PM
good news is ben's up and limping.

bad news is ben would probably be up and limping even if is foot were chopped off in a wood chipper accident.

(or after his head were crushed by a crown victoria).

stillers4me
08-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Shoulda signed Vick when we had the chance.

tony hipchest
08-20-2009, 04:14 PM
time for tomlin to put a collar and chain on harrison and tie him to a tree. :chuckle:

speaking of which...

Shoulda signed Vick when we had the chance. :laughing:

AllD
08-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Straks better learn how to block and stay on his feet. Protect the QB.

Fire Haley
08-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Finally, the Steelers will get some coverage on the NFL channel, I bet.

Rich Eisen will be very concerned.

Ravnet
08-20-2009, 04:18 PM
It would be epically lame if Ben was hurt for a considerable amount of time.

I hope he is fine, but not for your sake.

stillers4me
08-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Roethlisberger takes a hit in practice, limps off
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger went down with a right foot or ankle injury today in the final practice of training camp.

Tackle Max Starks fell into him during a pass in team drills 20 minutes before the end of practice.

Trainers attended to Roethlisberger as practice continued.

They eventually wrapped his ankle in ice and he watched the rest of practice sitting on a water cooler with a towel draped over his head.

Twenty minutes after the ice was placed on his right ankle, it was removed by trainer John Norwig. Roethlisberger pulled his right shoe back on and limped to the sideline. There, team president Art Rooney asked him how it was.

Roethlisberger replied, with a slight smile, "Oh, it just feels great. It feels like a car ran over it." (Ben the comedian)

A minute later, someone else asked him how he was. Roethlisberger said, "Oh, I'll be all right."

Roethlisberger finished watching the rest of practice sitting on a Gatorade bucket on the sideline. While there was no immediate word on the extent of his injury, it appeared not to be serious.

If it were, in past such instances with players, Steelers medical staff would place the player on a cart for immediate medical treatment and/or tests.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09232/992218-100.stm#ixzz0OlC8L1IQ

stillers4me
08-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Start Charlie on Saturday night and give Dixon more playing time.

Ben has 4 weeks to get over it.

Fire Haley
08-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Headline news:

Steelers | Roethlisberger injured Thursday

Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:13:19 -0700
Scott Brown, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger (undisclosed) appeared to have injured his right ankle or foot during practice Thursday, Aug. 20. He was looked at by the trainers and had ice on the back of his foot. He was limping noticeably after the injury.

AllD
08-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Batch and Dixon vs. the Skins, same as last year but with Lefty.

Indo
08-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Have Troy sprinkle some Holy Water over it and say a Rosary

SteelTalons
08-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Ben limped to golf cart. Reporter shouted ? how he felt. No answer. Like scene w/disgraced governor.

Time to go give it a look...

Fire Haley
08-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Ben has 4 weeks to get over it.

20 days - but who's counting.

one side only
08-20-2009, 04:36 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09232/992218-66.stm

tyler289
08-20-2009, 04:42 PM
Way to go, Starks. Geez.

Fire Haley
08-20-2009, 04:47 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09232/992218-66.stm

Twenty minutes after the ice was placed on his right ankle, it was removed by trainer John Norwig. Roethlisberger pulled his right shoe back on and limped to the sideline. There, team president Art Rooney asked him how it was.

Roethlisberger replied, with a slight smile, "Oh, it just feels great. It feels like a car ran over it."

A minute later, someone else asked him how he was. Roethlisberger said, "Oh, I'll be all right."

Heal Ben Heal

NJarhead
08-20-2009, 04:53 PM
From what I've seen fom Ben over the last 5 years, I'm just not concerned right now. It almost seems like the worse it appears to us, the quicker he seems to rebound.

I'll worry if something bad and official comes out.

Roethlisberger replied, with a slight smile, "Oh, it just feels great. It feels like a car ran over it."

See what I mean? :wink02: :chuckle:

Dino 6 Rings
08-20-2009, 04:53 PM
This is the Greatest news EVER!!!!

BEN can't play unless he's HURT!!!

I Smell Number Seven!!!!!

Fire Haley
08-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Ben Roethlisberger went down with a right foot or ankle injury today in the final practice of training camp.

That's what sucks. I told all y'all we should have bubble-wrapped him.

ANDYMISIU
08-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Doesn't sound like it's seriuos, thank god! just saw the headlines on ESPN and freaked the F out! but I'm calm now, everything seems to be normal.

I bet he plays Saturday night.

revefsreleets
08-20-2009, 04:56 PM
If he's HURT then he can't play, which means he can't excel, which means we'll be able to sign him to an affordable contract extension!

See how that works...using "SF weirdo poster logic", there is always a silver lining to any cloud....

Dino 6 Rings
08-20-2009, 04:59 PM
If he's not limping he can't hit the deep ball...the kid even limps when he hurts his shoulder...

stillers4me
08-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Asked after practice if Roethlisberger would be all right, Coach Mike Tomlin told the Post-Gazette, "Yup."

There ya go.

Fire Haley
08-20-2009, 05:07 PM
One more...

Roethlisberger injured in final practice
By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

The Steelers final practice during training camp didn't end as hoped when quarterback Ben Roethlisberger injured his right foot.

Tackle Max Starks, who was blocking linebacker James Harrison on a rush, apparently stepped on Roethlisberger.

Roethlisberger missed the last few segments of practice, sitting on a cooler with a towel over his head. He didn't speak to the media after practice, but instead left on a golf cart.

The official word was that Roethlisberger injured his foot and there were no further updates.

Starks said he wasn't 100% sure what happened on the play, as his back was to Roethlisberger while trying to block Harrison.

"That is a good question. We will see when we get up top," said Starks of what happened. "He said he doesn't remember. I imagine he got tripped up and fell down. He didn't want to talk about it now. It's something we will have to see how serious it is. He missed a couple of snaps in practice."

Starks said he was not hurt on the play and continued to practice.

Roethlisberger was able to walk around, and joined the team when they gathered in the middle of the field at the end of practice.

"It was good to see that," said Starks "You never want your quarterback to be injured."

------------------------

We're not DOOMED - Max is OK.

Fire Haley
08-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Steelers | Tomlin says Roethlisberger will be fine

Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:56:48 -0700

Updating a previous report, Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said QB Ben Roethlisberger (foot) will be fine after having his foot stepped on during practice Thursday, Aug. 20. Roethlisberger may not play in the team's preseason game Saturday, Aug. 22.

onefortheotherhand
08-20-2009, 05:19 PM
i audibly gasped when i saw this...

you guys i think we need to put james harrison down

wootawnee
08-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Screw him and all you all suck ups......I hope Dixon starts.........

mmalone
08-20-2009, 05:28 PM
hopefully they do an MRI to be sure he is really fine.

let dixon play the 1st 3 quarters....
let batch play the 4th qtr..

dixon was smoking last week.

i think his first few passes were off. after that he looked pretty smooth.

not bad for not playing a quarter for two years.

Fire Haley
08-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Caption this QB

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200908/20090820brk_mf_benhurt_2_500.jpg

Sharkissle29
08-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Caption this QB

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200908/20090820brk_mf_benhurt_2_500.jpg

McNutty strikes again!

Fire Haley
08-20-2009, 05:42 PM
"I'd kick Max in the ass, but I only have one good leg"

RoethlisBURGHer
08-20-2009, 05:44 PM
"Ha! Eff you Max! Step on my leg, I will sit on your cooler!"

HometownGal
08-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Well - at least if Ben was sitting on the sidelines, he couldn't be making little kids cry telling them to "F off because you don't have tatas". :chuckle:

Ben the Godsend will be just fine - he's one tough cookie. :hope:

NJarhead
08-20-2009, 05:48 PM

winner. :laughing:

alittlejazzbird
08-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Hey, for the benefit of those of us who are out of town, please keep this thread updated if anything hits the local news tonight, OK? I about had heart failure when I read this!!!

Fire Haley
08-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Of course this thread wouldn't be complete without a few Browns fans comments

Not that I usually wish injury on anyone, but he's an arrogant raping douchebag, so I hope they amputate his leg

Flight him to the Cleveland Clinic ASAP

He'll be out the year, they'll pick up Derek Anderson on waivers and DA will throw for 7,000 yards this season

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=1547&t=4631971&p=1

43Hitman
08-20-2009, 06:17 PM

Not that I usually wish injury on anyone, but he's an arrogant raping douchebag, so I hope they amputate his leg

He'll be out the year, they'll pick up Derek Anderson on waivers and DA will throw for 7,000 yards this season

There's always at least one asshat in every group, in the Brown's case it's all but about 2 or 3 of em.:sign03:

SteelersTilIDie
08-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Adam_SchefterThis is what I was told on Big Ben's injury: "He's fine, had the back of his foot stepped on." Exhale, Pittsburgh.

from twitter

onefortheotherhand
08-20-2009, 06:41 PM
yay

Fire Haley
08-20-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm watching NFL total access right now - it's painful watching Ben limp around, I think we dodged a huge bullet if it turns out OK.

They said Tomlin had the buses lined up to take the team to the movies - then he blew the whistle and had them practice - surprise! - then this happens.

crap!

tony hipchest
08-20-2009, 06:46 PM
great interview with tomlin on NFL Total Access, huh? (catch it posted on nfl.com tomorrow if you missed it).

ben looking better. coaching 3rd base at the annual softball game-

Ben coaching 3rd in a chair, but limp is only slight now. Dennis Dixon an unreal CF.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
08-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Ben: Oh, we're going to the movies. I guess that means I can take this protective foot device off.
Tomlin: Ben! Practice! Now!

SteelTalons
08-20-2009, 07:16 PM
great interview with tomlin on NFL Total Access, huh? (catch it posted on nfl.com tomorrow if you missed it).

ben looking better. coaching 3rd base at the annual softball game-

Really interesting interview. Liked the part where he said he'd been studying the 75' Steelers during the off season. For the purpose of repeating of course. :tt02:

Fire Haley
08-20-2009, 07:45 PM
If Schefter says it on twitter - it must be true

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the ankle/Achilles injury suffered by Ben Roethlisberger in Thursday's practice is not a serious concern.

"He's fine, had the back of his foot stepped on," Schefter was told. The Steelers may play it cautiously and hold Big Ben out of the next preseason game, but it doesn't sound like an injury that will affect him into the regular season."

stillers4me
08-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Really interesting interview. Liked the part where he said he'd been studying the 75' Steelers during the off season. For the purpose of repeating of course. :tt02:

Great interview! For a man that says he doesn't want to talk about repeating, he sure seemsw focused on doing just that.

Mike Tomlin has never won two Superbowls in a row.

Book it. :chuckle:

1st&Goal
08-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Has anyone heard anything about Hines? He had a big ice bag on his left knee today.

tony hipchest
08-20-2009, 08:05 PM
jim wexell is off da hook with his twitter rumors....

dennis dixon to play wr????

1st anthony madison was cut, then ben tears his achilles, now dixon is the best wr on the team???

CF is a centerfielder and Dixon made the most unbelievable diving catch I ever ssaw -- near LF line. Ben looks fine by the way. :chuckle:

mesaSteeler
08-20-2009, 08:31 PM
View from the Press Box
Scott Brown

Ten reasons to relax over Big Ben injury
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/viewfromthepressbox/
Posted August 20, 2009 8 :29 PM

Ben Roethlisberger is limping worse than the economy? Whoa, Steelers fans, let's not do anything crazy following this catastrophic news. In fact, here are the top 10 reasons why Roethlisberger is not seriously hurt despite sustaining an apparent sprained ankle Thursday.

1. He wasn't immediately taken off the field after tackle Max Starks stepped on his foot and left Roethlisberger with a significant though some might call exaggerated limp.

2. The Steelers have this thing called an investment in Roethlisberger. No way would the $100 million quarterback have watched practice while sitting on a cooler and icing his foot if the Steelers had any concern that he had sustained a significant injury.

3. Cleveland sports fans aren't that lucky.

4. Roethlisberger may be as tough as they come but he has a reputation for ahem embellishing injuries.

5. When the Steelers huddled in the middle of the field at the end of practice, Roethlisberger limped out to join his teammate. Think the Steelers would have allowed that if there was any chance he had broken his ankle or foot?

6. Roethlisberger didn't miss the softball game the Steelers held Thursday night. Granted he didn't play in the contest and instead coached third base while periodically icing his ankle.

But someone who had seriously hurt themselves only a couple of hours earlier presumably would have been in too much pain to take in a softball game.

Or been at a hospital getting X-rays.

7. Art Rooney II, Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin sure didn't look like the season had gone down with Roethlisberger when they met in the middle of the field, as they always do, following the afternoon practice. They were laughing -- probably at the reporters who were watching them with bated breath to see if they could get any sort of read on the situation.

8. Starks said he didn't hear any popping sounds when Roethlisberger got hurt. And Starks was practically on top of him after getting bull-rushed by James Harrison.

9. The football gods like to tweak fans who take Steelers football too seriously every now and again.

10. See reasons 2, 3 and 6.

mesaSteeler
08-20-2009, 08:35 PM
Roethlisberger takes a hit in practice, limps off
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_639286.html

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger sits on a water cooler near the end of practice after injuring his ankle.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger went down with a right foot or ankle injury today in the final practice of training camp.

Asked after practice if Roethlisberger would be all right, Coach Mike Tomlin told the Post-Gazette, "Yup."

Several of his teammates concurred, including backup quarterback Charlie Batch, who said he believes Roethlisberger will be OK. However, it's possible he will not play Saturday night in Washington against the Redskins.

Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett, after talking to Tomlin following practice, acknowledged that Roethlisberger's foot was stepped on, but provided no further details on the injury.

Tackle Max Starks fell into him during a pass in team drills 20 minutes before the end of practice.

Trainers attended to Roethlisberger as practice continued.

They eventually wrapped his ankle in ice and he watched the rest of practice sitting on a water cooler with a towel draped over his head.

Roethlisberger finished watching the rest of practice sitting on a Gatorade bucket on the sideline. While there was no immediate word on the extent of his injury, it appeared not to be serious.

If it were, in past such instances with players, Steelers medical staff would place the player on a cart for immediate medical treatment and/or tests.

First published on August 20, 2009 at 4:54 pm

(This is just another blown up controversy caused by Twitter. Now I have yet another reason to think that Twitter is for twits. - mesa)

msafford
08-20-2009, 08:37 PM
Well - at least if Ben was sitting on the sidelines, he couldn't be making little kids cry telling them to "F off because you don't have tatas". :chuckle:

:rofl::rofl::sofunny::sofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

tony hipchest
08-20-2009, 08:42 PM
(This is just another blown up controversy caused by Twitter. Now I have yet another reason to think that Twitter is for twits. - mesa)actually, all these "real articles" are nothing new to those who followed on twitter. there is, nor was any controversy. everything these writers, reporter are putting into print might as well been cribbed from wexells real time twitter posts.

:hunch:

tony hipchest
08-20-2009, 09:07 PM
i still dont get the twitter hate.

the official steelers site may post the transcript of todays tomlin press conference, in 2-3 days. you never know.

ed bouchette and the ppg will give you a breakdown on what was covered tomorrow morning (in print) or maybe midnight tonight on the web.

even though i dont have access to the local media video coverage of live conferences, i pretty much knew in real time that tomlin said logan would open saturdays game running kicks and that the starters would play a quarter and "some change".

and as soon as the free transcript was posted on steelcityinsider, to read for ourselves, wexell sent out a twit.

:hunch: i dont see the problem.

Preacher
08-20-2009, 09:29 PM

:rofl:

You're so bad!

SteelTalons
08-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Thing with Twitter is the news is really raw, or the sources are really bullshit.

In this case I just think it was raw, since he was just sitting there watching, and posted what he saw. No real way to know whats gonna happen until you sit and watch it a little more. Maybe its serious, maybe it aint.

Still though, because of this raw nature of Twit news... Stuffs gonna be off mark at times due to lack of information cuz its news on the fly.

Nadroj 20
08-20-2009, 09:38 PM
hopefully they do an MRI to be sure he is really fine.

I agree a freind of mine tore is achilles and he was walking on it as soon as it happened so it doesnt matter that he was walking around....my friend was not fully healed for about a year so just to be safe get a MRI and then just hope hes fine :hope:

tony hipchest
08-20-2009, 09:41 PM
God forbid... a jay glazer twit-

big ben appears to be fine. i'm told it was a superficial injury and if a reg. season game was sunday he'd be able to play.

:shout: PANIC!!!!! the "controversy" that is being blown up is out of control.

btw here is what is great about twitter (for those who want to stay connected)-

yesterday afternoon i listened to a great interview of lorenzo neal on sirius radio from raiders camp, where everything seemed hunky dory.

last night jay glazer posted this twit-

heard from my man Lorenzo Neal 2nite. injured his hamstring. figuring out what he wants to do. 1 of the classiest dudes this league has seen

thismorning on my drive to work i hear that lorenzo neal has been cut 9via sirius).

as a football junkie, sometimes i dont have time to read every single article that comes to print, let alone all the hyperbole and bunk analysis that sometimes comes with them. however i still enjoy being able to stay on top of things.

tony hipchest
08-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Thing with Twitter is the news is really raw, or the sources are really bullshit.

In this case I just think it was raw, since he was just sitting there watching, and posted what he saw. No real way to know whats gonna happen until you sit and watch it a little more. Maybe its serious, maybe it aint.

Still though, because of this raw nature of Twit news... Stuffs gonna be off mark at times due to lack of information cuz its news on the fly.

now i ask you which is more "raw"? this headline from nfl.com?-

The Big Hurt for Big Ben?

Steelers QB Roethlisberger carted off field after injuring right foot

NFL.com Wire Reports

The Pittsburgh Steelers said quarterback Ben Roethlisberger injured his right foot during the last half-hour of the team's final training-camp practice Thursday in Latrobe, Pa., but it wasn't immediately certain how badly he was hurt or how long he would be out.

or these twitter "reports"-

Ben's down. Starks pushed across back of his ankle when started to scramble from pocket.

i prefer to trust the insider "eyes on " reports as opposed to those rehashing stuff grabbed off the wire.

BlastFurnace
08-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Now Ben...don't invite some girl to come to your room to give you a foot rub!....especially one that looks like you!

onefortheotherhand
08-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Now Ben...don't invite some girl to come to your room to give you a foot rub!....especially one that looks like you!

props :sofunny::sofunny:

SteelTalons
08-20-2009, 10:10 PM
now i ask you which is more "raw"?

They are reporting it on the spot based on what they see. So they dont know exactly what is going on other than what they are seeing. Might be serious... Might not be.

So things can be a little twisted until all the facts come out.

People that write these articles before they get all the facts are just as bad as the Twit News. Granted all the facts are out now so Regular News and Twit News are on the same page.

Riddle_Of_Steel
08-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Jim Wexells' Twitter accounts of practice tend to be 'raw" because he is standing there on the sidelines typing on his cell phone as he watches.

Kind of like taking notes in shorthand-- there are going to be obvious grammatical errors, incorrect info on occaision, and mistakes.

You just have to read those with a grain of salt. I try to read all the similar news feeds and combine them to get a true composite of what really happened.

tony hipchest
08-20-2009, 10:26 PM
nothing posted here via twitter had any speculation at all.

"ben down"

"ben taken off the field"

"ben's ankle wrapped in ice"

"ben not being carted out of practice facilities".

thats news as real as it gets. just the facts, with no premature, jump the gun analysis, or speculation.

Shoes
08-20-2009, 10:36 PM
You folks have any nails left on your fingers :chuckle:

vindrow
08-20-2009, 11:00 PM

Wow, the jealousy running through that Stains thread is so strong....well, I guess that it would since all they have is Anderson and Quinn, and they could only hope and prey to have a QB as good as Ben.....hell, have a team as good as the Steelers:helmet:

Edman
08-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Good old Browns fans.:chuckle:

OneForTheToe
08-21-2009, 12:37 AM

Ok, the first two are stupid. But that last one about Anderson is pretty funny. Brownie fans feeling a bit defeatist?:laughing:

OneForTheToe
08-21-2009, 12:44 AM
As others have said, the fact that he was sitting on the sideline is a good sign. Still, I'll feel better after the MRI confirms that it is not a tear.

Hard to bust on Starks,. Imagine poor Max having to go against Silverback every day at practice. The poor guy probably wakes up in the middle of the night screaming.

MasterOfPuppets
08-21-2009, 12:58 AM
thats not his cooler, thats his lunch bucket...:chuckle:

Galax Steeler
08-21-2009, 03:44 AM
From what everyone is saying it is probably minor. We will probably not see him Saturday night against the skins. Hopefully he will be ready next week.

Fire Haley
08-21-2009, 05:46 AM
Caption time

http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/images/200908/freed_steelers082009_3_330.jpg

STEELtownHAVOX
08-21-2009, 06:19 AM
"dude, you just stomped my foot, now you want me to get up so you can get your corndogs? --all i ask of you is to block!--come'on man!"

that was horrible, please laugh at my attempt of humor rather than the humor that was attempted.

Kaeg
08-21-2009, 06:30 AM
"dude, you just stomped my foot, now you want me to get up so you can get your corndogs? --all i ask of you is to block!--come'on man!"

that was horrible, please laugh at my attempt of humor rather than the humor that was attempted.

Hehe. Actually, I thought that wasn't bad. :chuckle:

The_WARDen
08-21-2009, 06:57 AM
he's such a drama queen!

Fire Haley
08-21-2009, 07:23 AM
"C'mon, MAN!"

TackleMeBen
08-21-2009, 07:26 AM
Caption time

http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/images/200908/freed_steelers082009_3_330.jpg

is it really that hard to block james harrison? you either do a better job or i am not giving you any phone numbers from my little black book.

Kvnfaber
08-21-2009, 07:41 AM
Caption time

"Let me in that coolah or I'll step on your other foot!"

SteelMember
08-21-2009, 07:42 AM
Caption time

"I'd kick Max in the ass, but I only have one good leg"

that's pretty close, but he actually said...

"Max, I'd kick your ass, but I only have one good leg so get Reed over here so he can do it. "Cause if it wasn't for him, we'd all be watching a @#*$ movie. I shouldn't even be here today!"

See...a quote within a quote. :chuckle:

vasteeler
08-21-2009, 07:53 AM
Caption time

im tellin' you Max banannas have no bones!!!!

StainlessStill
08-21-2009, 07:59 AM
So I'm at the Journey concert and I come home to this. This almost screwed up my whole night when I heard Ben went down. Like someone else said, with Ben sittin on the sidelines is good news, hopefully worst case it's just a sprain and he'll be back in a week or so. God Damn, was this scary when I heard this..

TackleMeBen
08-21-2009, 08:10 AM
we all know that ben is a mutant, he will be fine.

revefsreleets
08-21-2009, 08:23 AM
Think the locals here in Akron are unbiased? There was a HUGE picture on page 2 of the sports section of Ben with his ankle wrapped in ice...

siss
08-21-2009, 08:49 AM
we all know that ben is a mutant, he will be fine.

He can't come from behind and save the day unless he is hurt either. Last year it was his shoulder, this year it'll be the ankle. And in 2005 it was that damn thumb of his!

TackleMeBen
08-21-2009, 09:10 AM
So I'm at the Journey concert and I come home to this. This almost screwed up my whole night when I heard Ben went down. Like someone else said, with Ben sittin on the sidelines is good news, hopefully worst case it's just a sprain and he'll be back in a week or so. God Damn, was this scary when I heard this..
i hope you werent there with a nutjob, you know she went to a journey concert too :chuckle:

HAWK
08-21-2009, 09:56 AM
He can't come from behind and save the day unless he is hurt either. Last year it was his shoulder, this year it'll be the ankle. And in 2005 it was that damn thumb of his!

Or maybe he stubbed his toe and will be fine in a few days.

TackleMeBen
08-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Caption time

Cooler: hey ben, have you put on some weight? i dont remember you being this fat last season???:chuckle:

The_WARDen
08-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Caption time

"Man, I know these are tough times but ya think they could buy us some chairs."

TackleMeBen
08-21-2009, 10:33 AM
"Man, I know these are tough times but ya think they could buy us some chairs."
Max: well ben, if you hadnt signed that 100million dollar contract, then i am sure the rooneys could have bought us chairs.

NJarhead
08-21-2009, 10:48 AM

OH SH*T! :rofl:

fansince'76
08-21-2009, 10:58 AM

At least he's not a douchebag punk like Quinn who gets punched out by his teammates. Speaking of which, has the little puss pressed charges against Shaun Smith for bitchslapping him yet? :coffee:

NJarhead
08-21-2009, 11:03 AM
At least he's not a douchebag punk like Quinn who gets punched out by his teammates. Speaking of which, has the little puss pressed charges against Shaun Smith for bitchslapping him yet? :coffee:

WHOA! How did I miss that? When did this happen?

fansince'76
08-21-2009, 11:06 AM
WHOA! How did I miss that? When did this happen?

But Smith's biggest moment may have been his confrontation with Quinn last December. Smith reportedly punched Quinn, who at the time was sidelined with a season-ending finger injury, in the face following a heated argument.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4385725

STEELtownHAVOX
08-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Caption time

"My man Max, hey you want to come over and fix my cooler?" wink wink

Maybe to soon to joke about that?

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
08-21-2009, 12:44 PM
"My man Max, hey you want to come over and fix my cooler?" wink wink

Maybe to soon to joke about that?

No, I think hes saying.... your 6'8......325 pounds....how they hell can you be pushed backwards?

OneForTheToe
08-21-2009, 02:06 PM
Caption time

"Now Max, stop being intimated by James. He's not really going to eat your family. He's just trying to scare you. Now go change your shorts and get back out there."

alittlejazzbird
08-21-2009, 02:28 PM
The latest from the P-G:

Roethlisberger travels with team for Redskins game
Friday, August 21, 2009

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger traveled with the Steelers to Washington, D.C. today, yet another sign the injury to his right foot is not serious.

Roethlisberger was injured in the final training camp practice Thursday afternoon. A Steelers spokesman said today he had no updates on the injury.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin and others said on Thursday they felt Roethlisberger would be okay, and that continues to be the privately held view about the quarterback.

There also is no indication whether Roethlisberger will play against the Redskins tomorrow night

nojobny
08-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Source: Big Ben to be re-examined
Comment Email Print Share
By Ed Werder
ESPN.com
Archive
Two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback Ben Roethlisberger injured his Achilles tendon when offensive tackle Max Starks inadvertently stepped on it during the Steelers' practice Thursday.

But an initial medical examination revealed no significant damage, a team source said.

Roethlisberger initially complained about feeling considerable pain but later reported that it had begun to subside.

Roethlisberger was expected to be re-examined Friday and his playing status for the team's game against the Washington Redskins remained undecided.

Ed Werder is an NFL reporter for ESPN. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Fire Haley
08-21-2009, 03:03 PM
"No significant damage"

That's nice to hear - at least it's not season ending

Heal Ben Heal - 19 days and counting

revefsreleets
08-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Ben doesn't really need the work anyway...give Batch the first quarter to knock off HIS rust, Dixon the rest of the 2nd and some of the third, and Mike Reilly the rest of the game. He's going to get cut the next week anyway, so give him the thrill of his life...

ANDYMISIU
08-21-2009, 03:47 PM
This is a good scenario for the Steelers. There's a good chance that Ben would miss some time this year, so giving these QB's in game work with the first string is only a plus.

I gotta tell you though, I still think there's a chance he plays tomorrow. I bet he does actually.

SteelerFanInCA
08-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Man our "O" Line is already killing him.

Preacher
08-21-2009, 04:42 PM
I think it would be great to have Dixon come out against hte other team's second stringers. It'll give him a step up in competition.

Ben will be fine... coaches are smart with him. No need to worry.

Dylan
08-21-2009, 04:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4414594

achilles tendon

BigBenFn7
08-21-2009, 05:26 PM
My heart sank upon initially seeing the report but the article acts as though it's not a huge deal, so I'll take it for what it is. I just hope it's not that bad, especially since I just bought tickets for Week 3.

#1 Big Ben Fan
08-21-2009, 05:29 PM
I love the fact that Ben's injury is kind of up in the air. The Pats have done it for year with Marsha Brady so why can't the Steelers with Ben.

Ben will be fine and hey we can't wrap him up in bubble wrap. It was just a freak accident at camp. But why couldn't have been Mendenhall being pushed into Ben's foot instead of Max Stark's big butt.

tony hipchest
08-21-2009, 05:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4414594

achilles tendonvery interesting. after 24 hours, and dozens of "actual" media reports saying ben injured and had his ankle/foot wrapped in ice, it looks like the initial eyewitness twitter report was the most accurate.

Ben's right Achilles wrapped in ice. Hasn't put pressure on it yet.

funny how people take "raw" but real observations and twist it. for those who dont know, ankles are on the side of the foot and the achilles is on the back of it. :noidea:

stillers4me
08-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Ok.just for the record for the noobs, I live in Cincinnati. I came intowork today for the afternoon and one of my coworkers (Steelers fan!) told me that one of the patients hadtold her that Ben got hurt and was out for the season. Where do people get this shit? Any idiot can turn on ESPN or get on the internet on any sports site and get better information that this.

Oh, I forgot. We're talking about Bengals fans. :doh:

Fire Haley
08-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Sounds good

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4414594&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlinesE

Ben Roethlisberger's initial medical exam reportedly confirmed that it was his right Achilles tendon injured in Thursday's practice, but there is no significant damage.

Big Ben, who combines an odd mixture of physical toughness with a diva-like reaction to injuries, complained about the initial pain before it eventually subsided. The AP reports that he will not play in Saturday's game. There's been no indication that the injury will keep him out longer than this weekend.

alittlejazzbird
08-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Big Ben, who combines an odd mixture of physical toughness with a diva-like reaction to injuries, complained about the initial pain before it eventually subsided. The AP reports that he will not play in Saturday's game. There's been no indication that the injury will keep him out longer than this weekend.

Again with the "diva" crap? Seriously, why do they keep doing this???? Drives me NUTS.

GeneralRobinson
08-21-2009, 07:50 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4414594&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlinesE

The AP reports that he will not play in Saturday's game. There's been no indication that the injury will keep him out longer than this weekend.

There's also no indication that he will not play this weekend. AP has no basis for this assertion that I can see. Name your source or don't report it.

stillers4me
08-21-2009, 08:26 PM
Again with the "diva" crap? Seriously, why do they keep doing this???? Drives me NUTS.

me, too. Is he not supposed to have any reaction to pain? If it hurts, don't limp, don't rub, don't stretch. He'll be called a drama queen. I don't get it. When asked about his injuries last year, he said somethong to the tune that lots of other guys on the team were injured, too.

OneForTheToe
08-21-2009, 08:46 PM
I think Max is a bit delusional.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/08/20/roethlisberger.ap/index.html

"James Harrison was bull rushing ... I'm not sure I knocked him into him (Roethlisberger) or what happened behind me. I was busy trying to block the defensive MVP," Starks said. "He got tripped up and fell down."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/08/20/roethlisberger.ap/index.html#ixzz0Os82xsLL

Ok, Max that's what happened ..... you pushed James Harrison into Ben.You probably just picked James up and threw him. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
08-21-2009, 11:59 PM
hopefully he is feelilng fine

steelreserve
08-22-2009, 04:49 AM
There's also no indication that he will not play this weekend. AP has no basis for this assertion that I can see. Name your source or don't report it.

If you're a journalist, and you know your anonymous source is giving you good information, what's your incentive to name them? As long as you're right, that's the only thing that will count, and if someone in the public is skeptical, the hell with them. You'll be proven right anyway. The only thing you could accomplish by naming an anonymous contact is to burn your source. And on the flip side, you have to make sure they're reliable before you grant them anonymity.

So that's why you see anonymous sources.

Galax Steeler
08-22-2009, 06:29 AM
Good to hear that Ben will be ok. Hopefully he will be back for the Bills game next weekend.

TackleMeBen
08-22-2009, 07:51 AM
the guy makes 100 mill, he can act like a diva if he wants, as long as he shows up when its game time. lol.:chuckle:

oh stllers, dont feel bad, i had a friend of mine call me and pretty much tell me the samething.(and he is a lions fan:wink02:)