PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cable to be charged with assault?

TackleMeBen
08-21-2009, 08:54 AM
The assault case involving two Oakland Raiders coaches is reportedly going back into the hands of the Napa, Calif., police department.The National Football Post is reporting that Oakland defensive assistant Randy Hanson will cooperate with police and tell them who is responsible for his broken jaw. He was allegedly assaulted by another member of the Raiders staff. AOL's Fanhouse reported that Hanson was assaulted by Oakland head coach Tom Cable.http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4412850and here i thought the bengals were disfunctional??

The_WARDen
08-21-2009, 10:52 AM
I apologize cause I don't remember the guy's name.

Yesterday on Rome is Burning, Jim had a guy on who stated that Lane Kiffin claimed that Al Davis had a mole on his staff because Davis seemed to know things that he shouldn't have known. At one point Kiffin and this same assistant had some "issues" but it didn't some to fisticuffs like this did.

Now, this happens with the same assistant. Maybe Cable just found out that he was a mole.

Gotta love speculation!

:popcorn:

TackleMeBen
08-21-2009, 10:54 AM
you might be talking about matt 'the money' smith, he was one of rome's forum guest yesterday. the other guy was drew sharp from the detroit free press i believe.

The_WARDen
08-21-2009, 11:29 AM
It was the guy on the right....

:noidea:

TackleMeBen
08-21-2009, 11:38 AM
i think it was smith then.

SteelTalons
08-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Ive heard a lot of Raider fans say that Hanson is Al's pet. So he might very well be the mole...

X-Terminator
08-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Looks like the Raiders are trying to reclaim their title of "NFL's Most Dysfunctional Team" from the Bungles...

TackleMeBen
08-21-2009, 11:51 AM
i just read on another board that hanson has hired an atty and turned over the xrays to the police.

steelreserve
08-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Wow, as soon as the guy gets the "interim" tag taken off, he can't even make it through the preseason. I don't know why Al Davis doesn't just go ahead and install a revolving door in the head coach's office.

This is what, the ninth guy in 10 years or something? Yeah, that'll win you a lot of games.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Wow, as soon as the guy gets the "interim" tag taken off, he can't even make it through the preseason. I don't know why Al Davis doesn't just go ahead and install a revolving door in the head coach's office.

This is what, the ninth guy in 10 years or something? Yeah, that'll win you a lot of games.

I don't understand why Davis just doesn't coach the damn football team himself if he's going to call plays in from the owners box and tell the coaches what can and cannot be in the game plan.

steelreserve
08-21-2009, 03:05 PM
I don't understand why Davis just doesn't coach the damn football team himself if he's going to call plays in from the owners box and tell the coaches what can and cannot be in the game plan.

Probably because he knows he'd have zero credibility with the players, so it wouldn't work.

I don't actually think Davis is a megalomaniac like some people say; he probably knows full well that a lot of the nuts-and-bolts decisions would be best left to someone else. But he wants to be involved enough with the football side of the team that he can take credit for being the genius behind everything. So he tries to walk the fine line between the two, but he can't help himself -- so he crosses over from helpful to meddling all the time.

Regardless, not a good situation.

hindes204
08-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Al Davis just needs to go away....the raiders are terrible because of him. They actually have somewhat decent talent, they just need a good HC that can lead them, and Davis is always in the way of that

SteelTalons
08-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Al Davis just needs to go away....the raiders are terrible because of him. They actually have somewhat decent talent, they just need a good HC that can lead them, and Davis is always in the way of that

Hell yeah, you can go on for hours about all the insane things Al does and how his coaching staff are more or less powerless. Al calls all the shots and when they dont work, he fires them. And they had very little to do with the overall problem.

Granted some of them weren't very good. But what do you expect? Do you expect a person like Urban Meyer or any good coach to actually wanna get into that mess? No of course not! So your getting 4th rate coaches in there. Granted I think Cable could have made them at least 8-8 had this not come along. Since he seemed to have had the team pretty much on the same page at the end of last season.

With Al not getting in the way like he always does of course. But that was a slim chance anyhow.

HometownGal
08-21-2009, 10:17 PM
More NFL drama - however would we survive without it? :rolleyes:

IF Cable did bust Hanson's jaw, he should be held accountable and tossed out of the Raiders organization and the NFL on his fat ass. Will it happen? Probably not.

TackleMeBen
08-22-2009, 08:42 AM
goodell needs to hold the coaches accountable for their actions just like he does the players. do they not also represent the NFL?

AllD
08-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Cable will be fired. He might get a job in the CFL.

Does anybody think if you combined the Raiders and the Bengals that there is enough talent to field a competitve team? IF the NFL could, I am sure a majority of the owners would force the sale of those teams to new owners, but it would be horrible PR.

silver & black
08-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Ive heard a lot of Raider fans say that Hanson is Al's pet. So he might very well be the mole...

It's been suspected for a couple of years that Hanson was/is a mole. There have been a few defensive players that have alluded to the same thing.

silver & black
08-22-2009, 09:47 AM
Looks like the Raiders are trying to reclaim their title of "NFL's Most Dysfunctional Team" from the Bungles...

Reclaim? When did they lose the title? :banging:

silver & black
08-22-2009, 09:50 AM

95% of all of us Raiders fans agree with you 100%.

Godfather
08-22-2009, 02:05 PM
More NFL drama - however would we survive without it? :rolleyes:

IF Cable did bust Hanson's jaw, he should be held accountable and tossed out of the Raiders organization and the NFL on his fat ass. Will it happen? Probably not.

Didn't Buddy Ryan punch Kevin Gilbride during a game?

MasterOfPuppets
08-22-2009, 04:36 PM
It's been suspected for a couple of years that Hanson was/is a mole. There have been a few defensive players that have alluded to the same thing.
well duh !!! any coach thats been employed by davis for "years", has to have some value to davis besides being a coach...:laughing:

Psyychoward86
08-22-2009, 07:15 PM

This calls for another poll thread :checkit:

The_WARDen
08-24-2009, 09:12 AM
goodell needs to hold the coaches accountable for their actions just like he does the players. do they not also represent the NFL?

In fairness though, Steve Smith did not get held accountable for punching a teammate last preseason. I believe his team suspended him for the 1st 2 games but I don't think the league did anything.