PDA

View Full Version : Dallas/Tennessee preseason game - hilarious ref

alittlejazzbird
08-21-2009, 10:12 PM
Anyone watching the game? The ref just called "false start, everyone but the center, offense." I'm not making that up.

Ah, the fun that ensues when the fourth-stringers come in!

fansince'76
08-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Noticed a hold by Nate Washington wiped a TD off the board for Tennessee. Good thing for him they scored again on the very next play anyway.

OneForTheToe
08-21-2009, 10:20 PM
Hey Troy, you don't need to kiss Jerry's and the Cowboy's ass anymore. You no longer work for him.

Troy: "If the Cowboys had Kitna last season they might have won more games."

Translation: there is always an excuse when the Cowboys don't win the Super Bowl. It couldn't possibly be Romo's fault.

I'm sorry, Troy who threw the int in the Steelers' game? How about the Philli game at the end of the year when "the boys" fell apart?

Fire Haley
08-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Titties 1st team looked like crap against the run - Boys gashing them up and down the field.

Butterball needs some pounds back, he's going nowhere.

A billion dollar stadium and they built the scoreboard too low hanging over the field - the punters are hitting it. doh!

7SteelGal43
08-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Anyone watching the game? The ref just called "false start, everyone but the center, offense." I'm not making that up.

Ah, the fun that ensues when the fourth-stringers come in!

:rofl:

Fire Haley
08-21-2009, 11:16 PM
And you thought I was kidding

Punter hits video screen at new Cowboys Stadium

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP)—The kick is up—and into the video screen.

Tennessee Titans rookie punter A.J. Trapasso’s boot in the third quarter of the opening game at the new Cowboys Stadium hit one of the 60-yard long high-definition video screens that hang about 90 feet above the field.

Trapasso pointed up at the board when the ball dropped straight down. Officials were slow to realize what happened until Titans coach Jeff Fisher threw his red challenge flag to get their attention.

By rule, the ball was dead and fourth down was replayed. Trapasso’s ensuing kick skimmed just to the side of the board without touching it.

Trapasso and veteran Titans punter Craig Hentrich both hit the screen during pregame warmups, but Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says there are no plans to raise the massive screens any higher.

devilsdancefloor
08-22-2009, 12:32 AM
Noticed a hold by Nate Washington wiped a TD off the board for Tennessee. Good thing for him they scored again on the very next play anyway.

Nate also had a drop and one go thru his hands ......

that scoreboard cost 40 million you'd think jones would move it up ....

Fire Haley
08-22-2009, 08:21 AM
They did say they had $39 tickets to the open patio areas at the ends (standing room).
Just like going to a bar - except you're at the game. That's not so bad.

http://www.blogcdn.com/nfl.fanhouse.com/media/2009/08/boys-video-board.jpg

stillers4me
08-22-2009, 08:27 AM
They did say they had $39 tickets to the open patio areas at the ends (standing room).
Just like going to a bar - except you're at the game. That's not so bad.

http://www.blogcdn.com/nfl.fanhouse.com/media/2009/08/boys-video-board.jpg

I thought that was a pretty cool idea.

I bet Jerry spit his gin and tonic across the room when that ball hit the scoreboard. :toofunny:

AllD
08-22-2009, 09:00 AM
The Titans have a good coach, but one who chokes in the playoffs. They lost their best defensive player and their #1 receiver is our old #3. In addition, by stepping on a Terrible Towel they cursed themselves for 7 years.

The Cowboys have been overrated for over a decade. They are competing against the Raiders for Weirdest Owner Bowl. Snyder always makes it to the finals, but can only spend money frivolously to gain attention.

Glace
08-22-2009, 11:05 AM
Jones pretty much said he doesn't care if punts hit the screen....the punter would "have to be trying to hit it"....he has no intention of raising it.

Of course we all know the league won't step in and enforce anything.

It's a cool idea, and looks awesome, but I hope punters keep hitting it until they raise it or break the thing. Jones is such an ass.

fansince'76
08-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Jones pretty much said he doesn't care if punts hit the screen....the punter would "have to be trying to hit it"....he has no intention of raising it.

Of course we all know the league won't step in and enforce anything.

Except when it comes to the Steelers' ownership structure. However, Jones (along with Kraft) has Goodell's nose buried so far up his ass that if he ever turned a corner too sharply, Goodell would wind up with a busted schnozz.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-22-2009, 12:22 PM
It's a cool idea, and looks awesome, but I hope punters keep hitting it until they raise it or break the thing. Jones is such an ass.

I would love to have a punter hit it about 10 times in a row...then file a grievance against the cowboys for having an unfair advantage at their homefield that eliminates "hang time"

revefsreleets
08-22-2009, 08:22 PM
AJ Trepasso may not make the team, but he's had the wildest preseason ride for a punter ever...the fake punt TD last week, now kicking into the video screens. What will he do next?