PDA

View Full Version : POLL: What position are you most interested in seeing the final result?

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-24-2009, 01:48 PM
We have a logjam at several positions and needs at a few more. At what position are you most looking forward to seeing the final roster?

OneForTheToe
08-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Running back is the most interesting to me. Big decisions to make for the Steelers, especially with Logan's performance Saturday.

Steel Head
08-24-2009, 02:11 PM
these are the receivers that will make the team:

Hines Ward
Santonio Holmes
Limas Sweed
Mike Wallace
Shaun McDonald

I don't see how that will change. Although it will be interesting to see who will get more playing time out of the bottom 3. I think Wallace has the potential to be more reliable and better than Sweed this season

I consider Logan making the team as a returner not a WR or RB. We don't need him to do anything but return kicks

steelreserve
08-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Definitely RB. We've got a whole soap opera's worth of issues to sort out, all the way down the depth chart.

wootawnee
08-24-2009, 02:41 PM
its pre season....lol......

pancake
08-24-2009, 02:42 PM
I voted RB...

I am no longer interested in our OL... :doh:

SteelMember
08-24-2009, 02:58 PM
geez LLT, I did a quick search through the Kama Sutra and it doesn't mention any of those positions, but I guess the "final result" is the same as any. :hunch:

mmalone
08-24-2009, 03:05 PM

Hines Ward
Santonio Holmes
Limas Sweed
Mike Wallace
Shaun McDonald

I don't see how that will change. Although it will be interesting to see who will get more playing time out of the bottom 3. I think Wallace has the potential to be more reliable and better than Sweed this season

I consider Logan making the team as a returner not a WR or RB. We don't need him to do anything but return kicks

mcdonald has the hands and short routes going for him. he is a vet. he seems to catch everything from any angle. hes good. we need short routes.

wallace and sweed would look really good if we had the time to get the ball down the field. this team would kill....

Steel Head
08-24-2009, 03:06 PM
geez LLT, I did a quick search through the Kama Sutra and it doesn't mention any of those positions, but I guess the "final result" is the same as any. :hunch:

LMAO

:toofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
08-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Definitely RB. We've got a whole soap opera's worth of issues to sort out, all the way down the depth chart.
originally i would have said RB , but with summers missing time i doubt he'll be able to snag a position from davis, or take the roster spot for short yardage duties from redman. everyday in sweat pants is a missed opurtunity to impress, and thus far i doubt he's shown enough for strong consideration for either roll. i'd say he'll be put on the PS, and vincent gets cut.
the WR battle looks pretty sewn up with wallace ,and McD. my guess would be baker stays on the PS.
TE should stay the same but i think johnson beats sherrod out for the PS to give mchugh a run for the money next year.
OL i'd say is the most interesting, of course i think the starters are already penciled in, but it should be interesting to see who makes the roster and who goes to the PS. IMO, i think legursky has earned the 2nd string center spot over stapleton, and i'd hate to see foster go to the PS.. could stapleton get the axe ? I think shipley goes to the PS
CB is also interesting. lewis should be a lock , and i'd say its safe to say burnett won't make it because of punt return skills ( reid anyone) so his fight is for the PS.the big question is do they keep the fresher cheaper legs of ratliff over the experience and inevitable contract of townsend.i have no problem with deshea, but if skill wise they're comparable ,i'd roll the dice with the guy that has a little more in the tank.

steelreserve
08-24-2009, 03:45 PM
originally i would have said RB , but with summers missing time i doubt he'll be able to snag a position from davis, or take the roster spot for short yardage duties from redman. everyday in sweat pants is a missed opurtunity to impress, and thus far i doubt he's shown enough for strong consideration for either roll. i'd say he'll be put on the PS, and vincent gets cut.
the WR battle looks pretty sewn up with wallace ,and McD. my guess would be baker stays on the PS.
TE should stay the same but i think johnson beats sherrod out for the PS to give mchugh a run for the money next year.
OL i'd say is the most interesting, of course i think the starters are already penciled in, but it should be interesting to see who makes the roster and who goes to the PS. IMO, i think legursky has earned the 2nd string center spot over stapleton, and i'd hate to see foster go to the PS.. could stapleton get the axe ? I think shipley goes to the PS
CB is also interesting. lewis should be a lock , and i'd say its safe to say burnett won't make it because of punt return skills ( reid anyone) so his fight is for the PS.the big question is do they keep the fresher cheaper legs of ratliff over the experience and inevitable contract of townsend.i have no problem with deshea, but if skill wise they're comparable ,i'd roll the dice with the guy that has a little more in the tank.

That's a pretty good summary. I was gone for a couple days and didn't know Summers was out. That sucks; anyone know what happened to him?

I agree, that really hurts his chances of making the roster this year, and probably settles the last roster spot for us. Sounds like we're stuck with Davis for one more year unless the staff really hates him, and I don't think they do...

MasterOfPuppets
08-24-2009, 04:04 PM
That's a pretty good summary. I was gone for a couple days and didn't know Summers was out. That sucks; anyone know what happened to him?

I agree, that really hurts his chances of making the roster this year, and probably settles the last roster spot for us. Sounds like we're stuck with Davis for one more year unless the staff really hates him, and I don't think they do...
Gerry Dulac, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers RB Frank Summers (hamstring) left the team’s practice Wednesday, Aug. 19, with a hamstring injury. Head coach Mike Tomlin said he did not know the extent of the injury.
i've also seen it reported as a groin injury...soooo

The Steelers also did not dress two running backs, veteran Mewelde Moore and rookie Frank Summers. Moore has been out since early in training camp with a hamstring injury. Summers has a groin injury.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09235/992772-66.stm#ixzz0P8LOCpQy

HometownGal
08-24-2009, 04:06 PM
OL. I want to see them walk the walk, as they've talked the talk about "gelling" in TC and thus far this preseason. Get 'r done! :hope:

19ward86
08-24-2009, 05:34 PM
mike wallace = beast

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-24-2009, 05:39 PM

New rule...no saying Kama Sutra, Tight End and Wide Reciever in the same conversation!!!!

:jawdrop:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-24-2009, 05:41 PM
its pre season....lol......

Uh...yea...because if it was the regular season..we would KNOW the final roster. Wouldnt we?:doh:

AllD
08-24-2009, 05:44 PM

Hines Ward
Santonio Holmes
Limas Sweed
Mike Wallace
Shaun McDonald

IMO, McDonald is a better #3 than Washington was or Sweed is. He is more consistant and catches everything thrown at him. Although McDonald might not get ahead of coverage in a post pattern, that is not what a #3 does primarily. Sweed could be a legitimate #1 because of his speed, but he needs to work on his hands more and the mental game so he doesn't tune out on some plays.

tony hipchest
08-24-2009, 07:06 PM
im really into the cornerback (and secondary as a whole) battle this year. weve been pretty thin at cb in recent years and now it seems like were pretty deep with some promise with 2 rookies and a possible r. clark or m. moore type FA signing.

do we keep the expensive #3 grizzled vet lifelong steeler who is a team leader (townsend)?

do we keep our special team ace who destroys people on return coverage but shows not much ability beyond that (madison)?

or do we keep a promising rookie who showed break on the ball abilities i havent seen in quite a while (burnett)?

add to that cb roy lewis and safties richardson and mundy and who knows where we may end up.

MasterOfPuppets
08-24-2009, 07:24 PM
im really into the cornerback (and secondary as a whole) battle this year. weve been pretty thin at cb in recent years and now it seems like were pretty deep with some promise with 2 rookies and a possible r. clark or m. moore type FA signing.

do we keep the expensive #3 grizzled vet lifelong steeler who is a team leader (townsend)?

do we keep our special team ace who destroys people on return coverage but shows not much ability beyond that (madison)?

or do we keep a promising rookie who showed break on the ball abilities i havent seen in quite a while (burnett)?

add to that cb roy lewis and safties richardson and mundy and who knows where we may end up.

i'd cut richardson, give mundy and burnett a year on the practice squad to study, keep ratliff and townsend and get them reps in practice at free safety, and see where everybody is at next year ...:thumbsup:

stlrtruck
08-25-2009, 12:17 AM
As much as I'm really intrigued by the RB position, it's the WR position that has my goose! So seeing how those roster spots are handed out gets my vote. Of course RB is a close second.

devilsdancefloor
08-25-2009, 01:20 AM
i voted CB , but RB is a close 2nd

Steeldude
08-25-2009, 01:28 AM
O-line all the way.

SteelMember
08-25-2009, 08:03 AM

Nice breakdown MOP. As far as the TE battle, I'd say it's obviously for the #3,and the way Johnson has been playing he may have a chance to beat out McHugh. Redman could possibly take the H-back duties as the #4 RB.

New rule...no saying Kama Sutra, Tight End and Wide Reciever in the same conversation!!!!

:jawdrop:

:chuckle: my bad.

This is what's most interesting to me also. If the starters are:
Taylor, Gay, Polamalu, Clark and Townsend as the nickel. The rest being (at this point) Ratliff, K.Lewis, Carter and/or Burnett. I don't think I've seen enough of Mundy, R.Lewis and Richardson to crack the 53.