PDA

View Full Version : Santonio hurt?

alittlejazzbird
08-25-2009, 10:13 PM
NOTES – Ben Roethlisberger returned to practice and Tomlin said he’ll play in Saturday’s preseason game against the Buffalo Bills at Heinz Field. Tomlin, however, said backup quarterback Dennis Dixon will miss the game with his shoulder injury. ... Also missing practice were Santonio Holmes (“took a helmet in the back”), Willie Parker (sore hamstring), Darnell Stapleton (knee), Frank Summers (hamstring), Hines Ward (day off) and Sean McHugh (knee). Jason Capizzi (shoulder) was limited at practice. Tomlin is hopeful that Summers can return for the game, but said McHugh will undergo an arthroscopic “cleanup” surgery Wednesday morning.

http://pit.scout.com/2/891936.html

And catch the end of this video:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/09000d5d81224e3b/Roethlisberger-report

NJarhead
08-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Radio said he suffered from "Body Soreness." That doesn't sound like anything to worry about....unless he got bit by a spider or something. I'm sure he'll be fine.

HometownGal
08-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Haven't heard anything about Santo being injured here in the Burgh, but I'm going to keep my ears open.

MasterOfPuppets
08-25-2009, 10:35 PM
hmmmm..i wonder if the "overall body soreness" excuse would get me out of work...:scratchchin:

Psyychoward86
08-25-2009, 10:37 PM
I hope it's not a concussion...

alittlejazzbird
08-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Haven't heard anything about Santo being injured here in the Burgh, but I'm going to keep my ears open.

I wonder what Coach Tomlin thinks about Santonio volunteering all that information to the nfl.com reporter. Something tells me Santo will hear about it. :chuckle:

Psyychoward86
08-25-2009, 10:49 PM
Scott Hanson said on NFL.com that Santo said he has overall body soreness as well.

NJarhead
08-25-2009, 10:51 PM
hmmmm..i wonder if the "overall body soreness" excuse would get me out of work...:scratchchin:

They're not supposed to ask, unless it's more than a couple days.:chuckle:

steelreserve
08-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Also missing practice were Santonio Holmes (“took a helmet in the back”),

For some reason, the first image that flashed through my mind was Holmes walking away after a drill was over, and then someone threw a helmet at him like a baseball and nailed him in the back, and then Tomlin coming over and yelling at them to cut it out before someone winds up with a chipped tooth. Then I laughed for a while.

Galax Steeler
08-26-2009, 04:37 AM
Don't sound like nothing major hopefully he will be ready for Buffalo.

Fire Haley
08-26-2009, 12:52 PM
"My body hurts" = save me for the season

Give your SB MVP a game off coach

Let the youngin's play