PDA

View Full Version : Stefan Logan vids....

Preacher
08-26-2009, 02:28 AM
So from teh Timmons sucks thread (sorry Stlrs4life.. I know that isn't waht you were saying... you were just posting the article...didn't know hwat else to call it)...

I came across this beauty of a video on Logan. Nice breakdown on Logan's runs.

It seems that he was about half a step or so from breaking a couple runs all the way.

http://vimeo.com/6256907

sharkweek
08-26-2009, 03:15 AM
lol, I dunno, now that I rewatch him, there were at least two instances where he had guys beat but essentially shook himself out of balance to fall down (his longest return of the night for example, he essentially falls down on his own after making a cut that wasn't that hard).

Granted, he has everything else down pretty well, especially the field awareness.

Galax Steeler
08-26-2009, 03:29 AM
lol, I dunno, now that I rewatch him, there were at least two instances where he had guys beat but essentially shook himself out of balance to fall down (his longest return of the night for example, he essentially falls down on his own after making a cut that wasn't that hard).

Granted, he has everything else down pretty well, especially the field awareness.

I disagree there was always a Redskin there somewhere tripping him up. I do agree however that he was running so hard when making his cuts he was a little off balance. I think he will be a nice returner for us.

Steel Head
08-26-2009, 07:11 AM

Wow, you are actually criticizing him? Unbelievable

You do know that their are good fast players on other teams that are paid to tackle people right?

Psyychoward86
08-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Other videos were pretty good film too. That run at 1:16 could've gone all the way easily, he got off balance pretty easy that time, but still really good. On the frank summers/david johnson video, check out Frank's pad level at the block on 0:37. Damn, his knees are like 3 inches off the ground while he's driving the defender back :jawdrop:

ben
08-26-2009, 12:46 PM
Looks good so far. We'll just have to wait until next game to see if he keeps it up.

mmalone
08-26-2009, 02:36 PM

it was wet and raining.. he may need some new shoes... he is a rookie in the NFL

wow...
:popcorn:

Preacher
08-26-2009, 07:09 PM
it was wet and raining.. he may need some new shoes... he is a rookie in the NFL

wow...
:popcorn:

58 seconds... That run, the guy comes up and gives the old bootslap... I HATE those kind of tackles. It is VERY effective, but its a momentum tackle more than anything else.

1:12. he is about to break it all the way... watch his foot. It gets tangled up with the blocker...almost like the blocker dragged his foot behind him for just a half second.... You can see it better at 1:31.

So with what you said... and the fact that twice he basically got bootslapped... I say we got us a good returner on our hands.

Psyychoward86
08-26-2009, 07:49 PM
58 seconds... That run, the guy comes up and gives the old bootslap... I HATE those kind of tackles. It is VERY effective, but its a momentum tackle more than anything else.

1:12. he is about to break it all the way... watch his foot. It gets tangled up with the blocker...almost like the blocker dragged his foot behind him for just a half second.... You can see it better at 1:31.

So with what you said... and the fact that twice he basically got bootslapped... I say we got us a good returner on our hands.

Gotta give this assessment the nod. And that WAS the starting special teams for the 'skins, right?

Preacher
08-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Gotta give this assessment the nod. And that WAS the starting special teams for the 'skins, right?

Least the first few were... maybe all of them.

Psyychoward86
08-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Least the first few were... maybe all of them.

Well that's pretty reassuring for me. Plus the turf was slippery. It's only one game, but he looks beyond legit to me.