PDA

View Full Version : Michael Moore's at it again

7SteelGal43
08-26-2009, 12:26 PM
October 2nd, his new movie "Capitalism: A Love Story" hits theatres.

Dude, your 15 minutes are up ! :sign05:

SteelTalons
08-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Me and Tony have already talked about this. :laughing:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IhydyxRjujU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IhydyxRjujU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

KeiselPower99
08-26-2009, 01:12 PM
TRASH!!!!

CantStop85
08-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Ra_fAYl4Th4

Not a huge fan of his documentaries...but this video completely made up for all of them. :chuckle:

TheWarDen86
08-26-2009, 02:13 PM
I can't stand that fat, ignorant POS. :mad:

MACH1
08-26-2009, 02:23 PM
http://dirtyharrysplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/untitled2.bmp

Vis
08-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Ra_fAYl4Th4

Not a huge fan of his documentaries...but this video completely made up for all of them. :chuckle:

I had never seen that before. Classic.

Vis
08-26-2009, 02:35 PM
http://dirtyharrysplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/untitled2.bmp

I didn't know Rev. Phelps was a member here

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-26-2009, 02:36 PM
TRASH!!!!

Our hometown newspaper sued Moore for creating a false "headline" from their paper to "prove" that Gore beat Bush in the election in the film Farenheit 911.

He took a letter to the editor...cut and pasted it on a fake front page to make it look like an actual article.

He is a lying piece of trash. Here is the story as told by a third party reporter. Do a google search and you can see there is NO doubt he fabricated his "proof".

http://www.hawaiireporter.com/story.aspx?703050d2-20cb-4ff0-a501-7bc39549c8fa

hindes204
08-26-2009, 02:47 PM
the guy is a total moron

MACH1
08-26-2009, 02:50 PM
I didn't know Rev. Phelps was a member here

:jerkit:

revefsreleets
08-26-2009, 03:27 PM
I liked Roger and Me. Unlike a lot of conservatives, I actually WATCH his movies before I criticize them. I thought Bowling for Columbine was good, too, although a couple of his premises were a little off...

This movie has potential if he does it right (which I doubt he'll do). He has to be VERY careful trying to skewer the rich and capitalism in this country because he's become VERY rich himself over the years by working a system he may be getting ready to rip down in a movie. Um....hypocrisy defined?

Only ignorant people think that the world would be better off if everyone was forced to be equal. I trust Michael Moore knows this and approaches this movie that way...but, as I said before, I doubt it...

tony hipchest
08-26-2009, 06:11 PM
October 2nd, his new movie "Capitalism: A Love Story" hits theatres.

Dude, your 15 minutes are up ! :sign05: :laughing: as long as there are angry republicans to "piss off" and democrats are still winning elections he will stay relevant. you guys have rush limbaugh, what about his "15 minutes"? the only difference is, he's not funny. :noidea:

Me and Tony have already talked about this. :laughing:

the previews look pretty funny. i didnt see too much partisanship in them (although im sure there is some in the movie). maybe it just goes after govt and wall street corruption and incompetence as a whole.

Not a huge fan of his documentaries...but this video completely made up for all of them. :chuckle: i got more laughs out of farenhiet 9-11 than anything else. i kinda take his documentaries as worth a grain of salt kinda like "The Gods Must Be Crazy" (great film btw).

I liked Roger and Me. Unlike a lot of conservatives, I actually WATCH his movies before I criticize them. I thought Bowling for Columbine was good, too, although a couple of his premises were a little off...

This movie has potential if he does it right (which I doubt he'll do). He has to be VERY careful trying to skewer the rich and capitalism in this country because he's become VERY rich himself over the years by working a system he may be getting ready to rip down in a movie. Um....hypocrisy defined?

Only ignorant people think that the world would be better off if everyone was forced to be equal. I trust Michael Moore knows this and approaches this movie that way...but, as I said before, I doubt it... i agree, although im gonna give him the benefit of the doubt to not bite the hand that feeds him. this has potential to be really good and entertaining, especially if its about exposing problems as opposed to simply affixing blame to one side or the other.

wall street and govt are to blame.

democrats and republicans.

rich and poor.

everyone has their grubby little fingers in this mess and if he approaches it that way it could be a great movie (that does a bit of service, too). :noidea:

i'll check it out when it hits the movie channels)

Godfather
08-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Moore tends to overplay his hand.

Fahrenheit 9/11 could have been a lot better. It raised some good points like the Bush family's appeasement of the Saudi royal family. But he undermined himself by pushing the anti-Bush meme too far, like getting on his case for not knowing the FIRST plane was an attack.